[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Leupold LCO cool but why so expensive?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
Does anyone know anything about these? The Leupold LCO
>>
>>27539756
>why so expensive?
Name
>>
>>27539783
Its in the post and title
>>
There is literally no reason to get one for the price when quality companies like Aimpoint or Trijicon make similarly sized red dots for less.

>>27539817
That was the answer, idiot.
>>
>>27539756
It's expensive because Leupold thinks their Barska-tier scopes are on par with NF and that their Nikon-tier scopes are on par with fucking March.
>there can be no other explanation for why the Mk6 has a $2600 MSRP and the Mk8 has a $3400 MSRP despite both being objectively inferior to the NF ATACR or Vortex Razor HD2 lines, which are both in turn inferior to USO which is in turn inferior to stuff like Unertl or S&B which is in turn inferior to March, which only costs ~$3000

Also, the LCO loses zero if you shake the rifle it's on. Or at least the one at SHOT did, the zero turrets were so loose literally shaking the rifle would turn them.
>>
>>27539847
What are those scopes? I am trying to look into one right now.

>>27539854
>>
>>27539756
It's basically a mini EXPS3.

No, it's not worth $1200. With the issues Eotech's been having with -all- its products (problems the LCO will also have since they use the same glass and boards), I'd say it's not worth the ~300 you could get a used EXPS2 for.
>>
>>27539858
Well, the one you linked to looks like a VX-R Patrol 1.65-4x (advertised as 1.25-4x, it's not, it's been independently tested, Leupold's currently being sued over it), which costs twice what a Vortex 1.0-4x costs (and the vortex has better glass and "we don't care how you broke it" lifetime warranty).

Literally the only Leupolds that've EVER been worth buying were the VXIII low-mag scopes (1.5-5x, 2-7x, or 3-9x), and they were NEVER great on price:perf, just 'worth buying'.

For an AR right now, if you can spend >$200 Vortex for all magnification ranges. If you can spend <$200 Primary Arms for all magnification ranges. Full stop.
>>
>>27539756
>cool

You mean perfectly ordinary.
>>
>>27539895
I want it to be tactical which means durable and decent performance. It will be on my first rifle which may be my last for quite sometime.
>>
Wow, if you want to read massive piles of bullshit, just jump in one of these threads.
>>
Long range shooting has done serious fanboys.

I wouldn't personally put march above s&b
>>
>>27539956
Look at primary arms weather tests. Their 1-6 that I have on my AR10 can be frozen, packed in snow, both over night, dropped, fucked with, whatever without damage.

They're very good quality, /k/ just assumes that because Trijicon can away with 1400 dollar ACOGs on brand, and military contract alone, that if an optic doesn't cost in that same price range, its shit. Oh, and I don't remember which scope it was, but at one point, Primary Arms won a military contract nut because some of the parts were from china, the military backed out.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.