[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Home defense, how basic can you go?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: birdman .50 bmg kit.jpg (111 KB, 620x801) Image search: [Google]
birdman .50 bmg kit.jpg
111 KB, 620x801
Okay /k/, how basic can you go gun wise for home defense or vehicle defense (basically situations where you can get away with a larger gun and size constraints aren't as big of a problem) without being at a really noticeable disadvantage in most situations? How few rounds can you carry? How long can it take between shots? I'm brainstorming ideas for simple gun designs that would one would be able to use if they weren't readily able to get a gun. Gun designs would use either common pistol ammunition or shotgun shells. For example would you be at that much of a disadvantage in most situations if you had a single shot shotgun with a few extra shells mounted on the forearm parallel to the barrel for quick reloading with your off hand? If so, how much more would you need to not be at a disadvantage?
>>
>>27536436
Anyone?
>>
>>27536436
>tl/dr
But I'd definitely shoot that gun from the pic
>>
For sudden need of gun. The pipe that slam fires shotgun shells is perfect. Otherwise for the home gunsmith. Emergency sten guns would be fairly easy to churn out in a resistance setting.
>>
>>27537385
same guy

otherwise depending on what you need, simple blowback guns are great. check hipoint carbines. very simple. if a touch of quality is wanted, I've always thought pistol ak's would be a perfect truck gun.
>>
File: 000_0004.jpg (68 KB, 699x155) Image search: [Google]
000_0004.jpg
68 KB, 699x155
>>27537385
field expedient i'm gonna have to agree with this, double ought out of plumping pipe is really the best you can do without a ton of work and tools. arguably better than a homemade subgun too.
>>
>>27537460
Your pic is pretty much exactly what I was thinking of except with a round receiver (due to it being pipe), the ejection port on the left, and something to hold 2 or 3 shells on the left side in front of the ejection port so you could easily grab one and toss it in with your left hand. I came up with a magazine fed slam fire shotgun design but then started wondering if the slightly shorter time between shots would even be worth the extra complexity of the design and the extra shit that could go wrong and make the gun less reliable such as getting the feed angle from the magazine off
>>
>>27536436
build a slam fire shotgun.
>>
File: 000_0002.jpg (68 KB, 699x201) Image search: [Google]
000_0002.jpg
68 KB, 699x201
>>27537587
the ejection port really looks like it'd speed up the reload, i've got a receiver half made for one of those someplace.
http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/world-firearms/philippine-guerrilla-shotgun-1932/

multiple shots give you a big advantage, but one shot is miles better than no shots.
>>
>>27537587
I think coming up with an ejector and extractor would be the real trick. otherwise the load speed would be cock-all
>>
>>27537661
>multiple shots give you a big advantage, but one shot is miles better than no shots.
The main thing I'm wondering is would the difference in time it takes to just pump and have the gun chamber another round vs pump, grab a shell mounted right next to the chamber and drop it in, then fire another round would make much of a difference in most situations.

>>27537669
Extractor would be a fixed piece of sheet metal screwed into the outside of and sticking in through the receiver on the ejection port side with the necessary cut in that side of the barrel. Ejector would be on the other side and would either be a flat spring piece that would hit the side of the shell and be pushed out of the way when the barrel is moved backward or would be a piece of sheet metal behind the shell and be pushed forward by the last 1/2 of forward travel of the barrel then pushed backwards by the rim of the next shell as it is chambered.
>>
>>27537780
it's probably going to depend on practice how much time difference there is, but it would be an order of magnitude more complicated to have a magazine.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.