[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Branch Transition?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_1225.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1225.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
does the U.S. air force accept army pilots for transition to fixed wing programs?
>>
Army pilot bro here. There is a program that exists but it's like unicorn farts to find and get in to. The better bet is to find an USAF OPO and make the transition that way. Good luck tho. Not at drawdown time.
>>
>army has things that fly
wait what?

^^
this is airforce opinion
>>
Why does it seem like all army pilots want to branch transfer ?
>>
>>27530849
No civvie career for heli pilots really. Its all contractor shit and youll be lucky to pull 70k/yr for 5 years in a row. So when youre ready to go out to pasture from the forces and you realise that your ultimate tacticool troop drops arent at all translatable to the real world, you try instead to come to air force and get a comfy vip or tanker pilot role for them type ratings
>>
>>27530900
>No civvie career for heli pilots really
Uh actually there are plenty. Crop dusting, power line inspection, air rescue, police, and media. I'm pretty damn sure a former military pilots have a much more impressive resume than that guy who just got his license.
>>
>>27530921
Nope. Brother is a pilot, the military aircraft have technology to help the pilot, so it doesn't mean a lot to a civvie looking for a pilot, just meh
>>
>>27530950
this is absolutely false

I am a Uh60 pilot in the guard who flies for 737NGs as my full time job and i guarantee you any company would take a military trained pilot over a civilian one. Minimums are often reduced for just graduating a military flight school.
>>
>>27530921
>>27530921
You are a faggot
>>
>>27530975
Okay?
>>
>>27530900
It's hard to get work as a new civilian pilot with no hours. Simply because the military constantly floods the market with pilots who have thousands of hours. A huge chunk of people who go into the military to become officer pilots. Do so specifically to get out at 6 years and go fly for an airliner.

Meanwhile all of us who went to University flight programs or local flight schools. We have to spend 5 years or so flying what ever work we can get while also getting welfare, or we have to go fly in the third world.
>>
>>27530995
the market right now is so good for pilots you should be able to get a job. just get an ATP
>>
>>27530962
Curious, why do you fly rotary for Uncle Sam and fixed wing for your day job?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.