[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so /k/, how would I get into shooting guns? where would I go
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 14
File: hr.jpg (149 KB, 628x716) Image search: [Google]
hr.jpg
149 KB, 628x716
so /k/, how would I get into shooting guns? where would I go and how would I start? Any tips?
>pic related, it's what was passed down to me
>H&R model 732 2 inch revolver and a higgins model 20 12 gauge shotgun
>inb4 newfag
>inb4 go to a gun range retard
>inb4 google it
>>
Read up on range rules. Going in and acting like you know everything can get someone killed, let people know you're green.

Range HOT means guns are firing.
Range COLD means DO NOT FIRE AND PUT THE GUN DOWN WITH THE BOLT LOCKED OPEN (people are going into the range or something's wrong)

Yell HOT and COLD only when it's certain and you got their attention.

Refer to sticky
>>
>>24651973
Where: a range
Tips: find a buddy who shoots and have them go with you
>>
I come from a noguns fairly leftist family so I didn't have anyone to show me the ropes.

Basically it went like this:
>Step 1
Buy gun

That's it. It's that simple. You can learn damn near everything you need to know from Youtube videos and Internet articles. If you want to go that extra mile, most ranges offer extensive lessons and training for $50-$100.
>>
go to a range if you're suburbs/city or find some woods if you're in a more rural area.
>>
>>24651973
Alot of people will tell you to start with a .22 like pic related. These are good for affordability but keep in mind you wont get the same recoil as you would from a 9mm or the likes.
>>
>>24651973
Ok, first off, get your guns safety checked. You said they've sat in an attic for decades. Then learn to disassemble them (youtube) and clean them.

Second, you probably won't wanna shoot that revolver. .32S&W is fairly hard to find, and kind of expensive. And if you use the wrong kind of ammo, it can blow up.

Seriously go to a range, rent take your shotgun, rent some other guns, see what you like to shoot. They'll be happy to help.

As for purchasing new guns, you said you live in Oklahoma, so you should be OK (get it?) to buy just about anything afaik.

Did you have any specific questions? Sorry but I couldn't read through your whole thread on /b/
>>
>>24652041
A lot of people recommended starter guns in the /b/ thread I started >>>/b/597217452
>>
>>24652068
Eh, just where to start, good guns to start, and such.
>>
File: Photo Aug 05, 9 08 48 PM.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
Photo Aug 05, 9 08 48 PM.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
>>24652069
you want a historical gun comrade?
>>
>>24651973
Try checking out some of the youtube channels like hickock45 or Iraqveteren8888. It's always a good idea to read up on the disassembly of a gun too, it will let you know how it works which is REALLY important. Other than that, youtube things like "Guns safety rules" or "Proper handgun grip" and shit like that. Youtube is saturated with tutorial videos.
>>
>>24652068
The shotgun is probably from the 60s and has sat in the attic for decades with visible rust and shit. The revolver has sat in the safe for decades. Neither have ever been fired.
>>
File: 91.jpg (133 KB, 1294x229) Image search: [Google]
91.jpg
133 KB, 1294x229
>>24652100
thanks 4chan
>>
>>24652100
No. Keep that shit out of here. He doesn't need a cannon for poorfags.
>>
>>24652121
kek, and someone did recommend the mosin the other thread
>>
>>24652041

Not really necessary. The .32 doesn't have a kick either, unless he's a skeleton.

Both are nice guns OP. The H&R revolvers were "inexpensive guns" in their day but the quality was not inexpensive, I assure you. That's a High Standard shotgun rebranded by JC Higgins (which was sold at JC Penney, yes, they sold guns once upon a time).

Not a bad haul OP. Get you some eye pro, some ear pro, and find a range. You might look through your state Department of Wildwife for public ranges. Many states have them.
>>
>>24652116
Try cleaning that rust off with copper wool and solvent. And oil the shit out of it.
>>
>>24652134
Well, mainly I would be interested in more older/historical guns. Modern guns don't interest me as much. Also, jesus christ the /k/ spam filter time is long as shit.
>>
Can't go wrong with a mosin. Those things will take any punishment your hands can dish out and then some.
They're cheap, the ammo is cheap. It's the best starting rifle.
>>
>>24652134
if your from the other thread telling op /k/ knows best and downt always post the foreign nugget.
>What is it like the 5th post and already this bullshit.
>>
>>24652092
I think you said you didn't have any friends who were into guns, so a range would be your best bet.

But, who was it in your family that owned the guns before? Maybe get them to teach you? That's how most people learn to shoot, through family.

As for "starter" guns, it really depends on your style. A .22 bolt gun is good for some people. a .22 pistol is good for others, others buy 9mm pistols, still others buy intermediate rifles, and there's a huge market in military surplus guns (both foreign and domestic, most of which have ammo available and fairly cheap)

I personally started with a mosin-nagant (pictured in >>24652100), but I grew up shooting my family's guns

It all comes down to preference

>>24652116
Yeah, clean that shit off man. The shotgun should be good to shoot, but like I said you might not wanna shoot the .32S&W
>>
File: ruger.jpg (78 KB, 384x512) Image search: [Google]
ruger.jpg
78 KB, 384x512
>>24652134
every collection starts somewhere
>>24652137
what kind of guns do you like OP? I saw you liked the ruger pistol in the other thread?
>>
>>24652146
Well, I'm certainly not strong...
>>
>>24652116
And I would stay away from the revolver. They arn't particularly high quality gun's to begin with.

With how old it is and ammo availability it doesn't seem safe or practical to shoot.
>>
Alright OP! I joined your b thread at the last min.
I'm mostly a /b/ lurker, occasionally /k/
But I fucking love guns.

For pistols, start off with a glock, ruger, s&w, beretta, etc.

At least .40/9mm, don't worry, it won't hit you in the face.

If right handed, keep your right elbow locked, with your left elbow at a 45 degree angle, just like cops in all the tv shows.

Keep both arms rigid and supportive. The recoil will go into your wrists, which is great. Make sure your thumb is below the slide on a pistol, unless you want to take a chunk out of it.

Revolvers are much easier, same hold, don't have to worry about the slide (because there isn't one)

Shotgun: Grab like a rifle, make sure the butt is securely in between your shoulder and right pec muscle, lean into it, and fire.

Trust me, first time, 12g hurts your shoulder after a few rounds, but it's a good feeling. You'll feel fine the next day as long as you don't shoot 20-50 or something.

Rifles above .22, same as shotgun. Look up rifle combat stance for the best way to reduce recoil.
I recommend shooting a 30.06 ASAP once you shoot some smaller arms. That kick, and the bang, there's nothing like it.
>>
>>24652184
op is twelve and should buy a 22 LR.
>please do this op.
>>
>>24652165
My mother grew up on a farm in kansas, so her uncles and dad were into guns some. The shotgun was just something we got from them, and they gave my parents the revolver for home safety. The dad and uncles are dead now unfortunately.
>>
>>24652153
>>24652171
In that case a nugget would probably be nice place to start. They are mighty historical and they are fairly cheap, with very common and cheap ammo.

>>24652164
Memer's gonna meme m8
>>
>>24652146
Lol. I'm 120lbs 6" and have shot every popular caliber besides .50.

It's all about stance and recoil management.
However I first shot at 13 and now 19, so I have some experience.
>>
>>24652186

Oh no, that H&R will be 100% safe to shoot. Those are all-steel guns, made well.

Think of them as the Taurus back in the 1960's and earlier. Not a S&W but it's going to do the job. As long as the lockup is tight (which it should be), he's good to go.

.32 S&W is still readily available and loads are typically done to the old BP standards since most of the people shooting .32 S&W are shooting older top break revolvers. So he's not even going to find high pressure loads in that caliber unless he pays a premium and explicitly looks for them.

H&R's quality standard back then was no different than High Standard's (better if you want my honest opinion), who made that shotgun on contract for JC Penney.
>>
>>24652165 here again

I'm gonna sound like a dick here, but you should probably lurk here for a while first, OP
It's always easier to get into a hobby if you already have knowledge about it than showing up at a gun range with a bag of guns saying "teach me pls"

Not that they won't, it will just probably be a better experience for both you and your instructor.

>>24652223
Oh damn, sorry about that then. Maybe get your mom to teach you?

>Dat .223 get :^)
>>
>>24652156
I just don't know about starting rifle. I mean they're heavy as shit and it kicks as much as any .30 caliber round.
>>
>>24652235
This is not OP btw, I am OP
>>
>>24652251
get a 22 op you wont regret it and you can get like 500 rounds for 20 bucks.
>for a comparison .308 rounds cost .50 to 2 dollars a round.
>>
File: pilot.jpg (192 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
pilot.jpg
192 KB, 640x1136
>>24652153
that's because shitposting is a rite of passage in /k/; but seriously a mosin nagant would be a nice rifle, it's on the low end in terms of cost and is a heavy cartridge for you to get accustomed to recoil
>>
>>24652248
She knows nothing about guns, so no. I just need a hobby, and this sounds as good as any other. Archery and knife throwing would also interest me mates.
>>
Also OP, what is your primary interest in guns?

Hunting? Defense? Just plinking for fun?

That will probably define your path in gun purchases
>>
>>24652252
Yeah sorry OP, should have mentioned that. Although /k/ is smart enough to realize from my post I've shot guns before.

/b/ is full of tards, /k/ is full of gun enthusiasts and collectors.
>>
>>24652184

Well then shoot it with two hands. You'll want to hold firm with your right hand on the grips, cup your left hand under your right hand like a set of titties. Aim downrange and when you're ready to shoot, hold your breath and lightly squeeze the trigger until it goes BOOM!
>>
File: teacup.jpg (48 KB, 480x321) Image search: [Google]
teacup.jpg
48 KB, 480x321
>>24652291
>>
As for the Youtube thing here are some helpful videos from a good professional shooter.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j22CGzs5Vik
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEHNZFTfSD8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChSazF41q-s
>>
Throw that revolver away OP.

I owned one and it was the worst piece of shit imaginable. I would genuinely rather trust a Jennings or a knife to that chunk of useless metal.
>>
>>24652280
Oh, you answered my question literally one second before I posted it.

Just go to your local gun store or range and find a gun that you think is pretty, ask the guy working to let you hold it, and see if you like the way it feels. Rinse and repeat until you find one you like.

But for love of the /k/ube, learn the basic rules of gun safety (can still be found in the sticky I think) and don't muzzle-sweep anybody

And I saw your posts in the /b/ thread about "hand-cannons"
Don't be scared of a gun just because it's big. A lot of times if they're chambered in a larger caliber, they're made to be heavier so that the recoil isn't as bad.
If you want to shoot a gun but aren't sure about the recoil, only load one round into it at first. This will also keep you from accidentally killing yourself if it is too much of a gun for you.
>>
>>24652290
wut? k is full of range rambos that have 15 223's all tacked up.
>>
>>24652281
Just looking for a hobby. Older/historical look cool and fascinating to me, so I would want to mainly do that. Wouldn't hunt, no need. Just shoot and collect for fun, but christ, it seems expensive. I could conceal carry the revolver I have or another small gun if I really feel the need to go through the license process and all that.
>>
>>24652342
Ah okay. Just seen the webm's where someone is shooting a big revolver or such, and it recoils into their nose. Don't want to die like that mates.
>>
>>24652291
This OP. Look up some Youtube videos on proper fun safety, firing techniques, it's not as hard as you think.

I shot a .45 ruger for my first gun, from 10 yds away, and hit every one in the target. (FPS games ftw)

Within an hour I had shot the 45 one handed, and shot an SKS.

Shooting is FUN, and it's not hard or dangerous if you have BASIC knowledge of guns.

Oh and I forgot, rule 1 & 2.
>when you're not shooting, have your finger OFF the trigger, even if gun is on safety.
AKA trigger discipline.
>Never, EVER, point a firearm at another person. Unloaded, loaded, safety on, NEVER, unless you intend to kill that person.
>>
Have you at all looked into buying or building an AR. Just curious as to your previous experience and knowledge with em. If not definitely look into them.
>>
>>24652354
What I meant is /k/ actually knows that they're talking about.

/b/ is full of tards acting like they know guns, and what they're talking about.

If you wanna own 15 .223 guns, go for it. But at least y'all know what the hell you're doing.
>>
OP here, someone posted this http://thecmp.org/ saying it was a good program and a cheaper way to get an m1. Thoughts from the kommandos?
>>
File: Jerry Akimbo.webm (2 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Jerry Akimbo.webm
2 MB, 800x450
>>24652323
Based Jerry

OP, please pay special attention to this post

Mr Miculek is an expert in the gun field.

Another good YT channel is Hickok45. I think he also has an entire playlist dedicated to new shooters, if that's your thing.

>>24652361
It's not really any more expensive than any other hobby.
You don't have to hunt for "need", many people do it because they enjoy knowing where their food comes from and the taste of wild meat. Plus with meat at nearly $8/pound, it isn't a bad idea.

I forgot to answer your question about archery and knife throwing.
Both are good hobbies also, but shooting it probably easier to get into.
Archery is fun, but a little harder than shooting guns.
Knife-throwing is a bitch to learn. If you don't know anybody that can do it, you might as well not try. It's much harder than it looks on movies and TV.

>>24652382
There have been at least two or three women that went to gun ranges alone, loaded more than one round in a big revolver, and double-tapped into their own heads. Like in the webm you're referencing, the gun flips backwards, and their fingers got caught in the trigger guard, and it force of it flipping backward made their fingers pull the trigger and kill themselves.
Probably don't wanna try that. Load one at a time at first.
>>
>>24652452
Yeah, they're pretty BASED.
Might wanna look into the Appleseed Project too.
They take people who are interested into guns but new to the sport, and teach them safety and how to shoot.

>http://appleseedinfo.org/
>>
>>24652361
Ruger LCR is a good CC gun, in the highest cal. Don't conceal carry anything unless it's over .38 (besides .357 mag) look up FBI 86 firefight for proof/backing.

Mosin Nagant's that aren't original are around $150. Cheap, reliable, and have the classic look you want.
>>
File: 500 Mag.webm (2 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
500 Mag.webm
2 MB, 854x480
>>24652461
Actually, I think I have the webm OP is talking about

Watch how it flips back.
Don't shoot a gun you aren't really comfortable with (looking at you .500 S&W Magnum), and if you do, make sure not to kill yourself.
>>
>>24651987
>Yell HOT and COLD, to tell everybody what to do
yeah that's not how gun ranges work m8, if some fucker yells COLD and demands everybody to drop what their doing for them they're getting kicked out
>>
File: wut.jpg (75 KB, 700x467) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
75 KB, 700x467
>>24652488
Ah okay. I was interested by this gun in the other thread, any idea about it? Also was interested in cowboy repeaters, colt navy revolvers, and springfield rifles.
>>
>>24652008
>op shows the 2 guns he has
>well all you really need to do is get a gun
>>
>>24652514

>Muzzle-sweeping yourself

I was on the edge of my chair there
>>
>>24652134
>cannon
basically a .308 magnum
yeah ok little pussy, that's a cannon for sure
>>
>>24652248
It's okay m8. I never knew the guys, they died before my birth. They all fought in WWII and such. Hell, if I had the time, I'd scan and edit out the personal info of their written experiences and post it for ya'll. also, 223? What's that?
>>
>>24652520
Ruger Mark 2 or Mark 3, not exactly sure on the model or the differences.
Good, solid .22lr pistol. Some people use them as competition guns, other as a general first gun.

I would not choose it for CC, nor would I use that .32 H&R you have.
Those would be two of the guns I would absolutely tell someone not to CC.

Try out a baby Glock for double-stack, or a Kel Tec pf9 for single-stack.

>>24652557
wut?
That's not me, I was demonstrating to the OP how easy it is to accidentally an hero if you use too big of a gun
>>
>>24652461
Not OP, but knife throwing is very easy with practice.

You just need to know the technique.
Sounds dumb, but grab any knife by blade, have the thumb layered near hilt, and throw.

Power that you put into throw is based on distance, with enough throws, you'll learn.

I can throw a KABAR 7in knife into a tree, 1in. deep, from 20 feet away.

Although, that took me at least 500-1000 throws before I was consistant.

Archery, compound, is easy with knowledge, recurve, WHOLE DIFFERENT STORY. FUCK THAT.
>>
File: Caliber Chart 2.jpg (971 KB, 3795x1600) Image search: [Google]
Caliber Chart 2.jpg
971 KB, 3795x1600
>>24652596
223 were the last three number of your post, and it's also the caliber that the "evil deadly scary baby-killing" AR-15 shoots

I forgot I had a big infographic folder, let me take a leak and I'll dump some for you.
>>
>>24652603
OP here, post webm where they really do an hero then. Also, thoughts on sten guns?
>>
>>24652520
That's a Luger .22
Maybe a MK3 or 4
Solid, great, and cheap.

But, it will not get you used to higher calibers.

Honestly, if I had to recommend any pistol, I would recommend a 9mm glock.

They're reliable, safe, high round capacity, and I love them. Also, a used one runs around $350-400.
>>
>>24652667
Ah, but that's modern... Guess you would say it would be good for the experience though, eh?
>>
File: Caliber Chart.jpg (300 KB, 1600x754) Image search: [Google]
Caliber Chart.jpg
300 KB, 1600x754
>>24652645
I don't have it, but I can probably find the news articles.

The Sten is a decent gun, but if you know where to get one let me the fuck know. They're pretty rare, because not many were converted to semi-auto and sold to the civilian market.

Also, if it's full-auto, you should know it's probably illegal unless it has a shit-ton of paperwork, comes from a dealer, and costs at least $5000

>>24652667
>Luger
No, Ruger
Two totally different companies, not even based on the same continent.
My dad pulls that shit all the time, really rustles my jim-jams

>>24652680
Yes, good starter gun, but bad for CC
>>
>>24652639
To elaborate, the .223 NATO round is what you see SWAT, the ARMY, Marines, etc. Using in M4 rifles, and AR-15s, along with several other "assault rifles"

Btw, don't let the media fool you OP, an "assault" rifle is fully auto, 3 rnd. burst, or single.

All civilian rifles in .223 are single fire only.

.223 = .22 with more gun powder and very slightly larger bullet.
>>
My revolver seems pretty controversial here, any reason why? Also, I live in Oklahoma, USA, for anyone wanting to tell me about laws and such.
>>
>>24652680
Like >>24652713
Said, it is a Ruger nowadays. Luger is the company who originally designed that model. My bad.

Like I've said a couple times, I would tell you to start with AT LEAST a .38, 9mm, or .45, and have someone, anyone, instruct you on your stance and hold before firing.

.22 is not much more than a pellet from a BB gun.

Example. A pellet you can buy in Walmart for a Red Ryder is .177
A .22 is .220

Not much of a difference besides gunpowder.
I will always stand beside (on pistols or revolvers) starting big (not .500SW or .50 desert eagle) because it will make every lower caliber easier.

Rifles, that's a little different. .22s are still weak, but 30.06 is powerful.
>>
File: Read A Book, Nigger.png (663 KB, 451x577) Image search: [Google]
Read A Book, Nigger.png
663 KB, 451x577
>>24652717
Yeah, I was just giving the concise version

OP, it wouldn't hurt to try out different types of guns to see what you like best and can shoot the best. Personally, I'm pretty much shit with most handguns, but can shoot long guns (rifles and shotguns) fairly well.

Here's a link to what I was talking about earlier.
>http://bearingarms.com/negligent-suicide-with-a-500-smith-wesson-revolver/

>>24652793
Because H&R were the Jennings of their day. Cheaply made guns that weren't known to be very uh, "high-brow"
Basically a "saturday night special"

>>24652815
NO NO NO
The Ruger Mark 2 was not modeled after the Luger P08. In fact, it's modeled after a totally different WW2 pistol, the Japanese Nambu
Pic fucking related

The rest of the stuff, you're mostly right I guess
>>
>>24652793
There's no difference in laws in any states between revolvers and pistols, besides bullet capacity.

In CA, IIRC it's 10 round clips or less.

Basically the hate is because, pistols are more reliable for self defense, because they can hold more bullets, and you can carry loaded magazines.

I had a Ruger Security Six .357mag. I LOVED IT.
But if I was threatened, I would have taken my Glock .22 with 4, 15 rnd. Clips over the Ruger ANYDAY.
>>
>>24652867
Welp, my bad man. They look so damn similiar.

Most gun knowledge I have is personal, and video games. Thanks for educating me. :)

What I would do for an original STG .44, you don't wanna know.
>>
>>24652888
>clips
>clips

Shooting a C96 or Steyr m1912

>>24652909
Just fucking lurk moar man
And I forget what company it is, but at the most recent SHOT Show, they're announced they'll be making new-productions StG-44s. But they're gonna be like $5000, and chambered in the original 7.92x33, which I only know of one company that still produces it.
>>
>>24652888
related, and pretty damn funny. Also, nice trips. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JdXGW4hDRU
>>
>>24652924
Fuck, forgot my question mark on the first part.
You get it anyway.
>>
>>24652534
>brpwsong on 4chann while sober
Do you eve nATF?
>>
>>24652909
OP here, speaking of video games, if anyone has played bioshock infinite, what guns are most of those ones model after? They look so damn cool. Also, what you guys think about italian stiletto knives?
>>
>>24652909
>Most gun knowledge I have is personal, and video games.
Hey, we like the vidya game crowd as long as you're honest and don't think you're leet with real firearms because you got high score on CoD. You and chicks are the two fastest growing demographics in the gun owning community. You're reinforcements.
>>
>>24652946
not for a few months, i should make some more now though shouldn't I ;)
>>
>>24652957
Try this
They have pages for most vidya and tv and movies and shit

>imfdb.org
>>
>>24652957
IMFDB is your friend. Any self respecting /k/ommando should have that site bookmarked, yo.

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Bioshock_Infinite
>>
>>24652924
I meant mags, FUCK.
Just to prove myself, magazines go inaide the structure of the gun, clips hang outside of gun, SORRY!
Oh, and I wouldn't buy a remake, I want the OG gun lol.
>>24652970
Like I mentioned before, been shooting since 13, now 19, so I have some exp., I just can tell what a gun is from looking at it, most, of the time.

I'm a city boy honestly, but I have always loved guns, weapons, and the second amendment.

>not OP
>>
>>24653009
ZK-383 looks badass, would like to shoot that.
>>
>>24653040
Good luck finding one man
It's basically a STEN with wooden stock from what I can tell anyway (good luck finding a STEN too)
>>
>>24652928
LOL
>invincible bulletproof vest bear
Thanks.
>>
OP here, let's get back to the purpose of this thread. Where would I acquire guns? Surplus? Shop? Range? Pawn? Also, what kind of ranges are there?
>>
>>24653002
Thanks for the link anon.

>off topic, anyone here ever held or fired a real WA-2000?
Couldn't believe they're worth so much when I goggled them.
>>
>>24653094
Bass Pro Shops, Cabelas, local gun shops, gun shows, ads on armlist and local newspapers, and rent from a range.

I'm sure there's more.
>>
OP here, the springfield m1903 and karabiner 98k look pretty cool? Thoughts?
>let me guess, good luck find one
>>
>>24653097
Seeing as how only 176 individual rifles were ever made, I can almost guarantee that nobody here has.

Wikipedia is also your friend when it comes to gun shit, whether it be which caliber a certain gun fires, what the average speed of a certain bullet is, or even how different types of actions work.

>>24653115
Basically this
But I'd stick to smaller "mom and pop" stores, because larger stores tend to over-price guns and ammo.
>>
>>24653131
Both fair choices.
The m1903 will be slightly harder to find than a K98, but both are relatively available. And ammo for either shouldn't be too much of a problem to find.

Try your local Armslist

>http://www.armslist.com/classifieds/search?location=usa&category=all&page=1&search=mauser&tag=7mm-mauser&tag=8mm-mauser

>http://www.armslist.com/classifieds/search?location=usa&category=all&page=1&search=1903&tag=30-06-springfield

As for ammo, try gunbot.net if you're buying it online
>>
>>24653161
OP here, I was also interested in buying a russian GP-5 gas mask for shits n giggles/halloween costume, anyone know anything about that? I don't want to get asbestos poisoning.
>>
>>24653132
WOW. Only 176? No wonder they have a 40k price tag.
Also, you're def right.
Cabelas and Bass pro shops overcharge.
I found the best deals on Armslist and local newpaper ads online. And like you said, mompop shops are great.
>>
>>24653173
I think Numrich sells those maybe? I know they sell other types of gas masks.

As for asbestos, I think they phased that out of use after world war 1 and started using some type of charcoal, I can't think of what it's called right now. Anything newer than that should be ok.

I do know the GP-5 is safe, as long as you use modern filters.

>>24653204
Yeah, nobody here has probably even been in the same room as one of them.
>>
>>24653173
You can find russian gasmasks online and in plenty of surplus stores. Almost bought one in Missouri but they freak me out lol
>>
OP here, forgot to say this. If anyone wants to add me on steam, my name is CSI: Blue's Clues, with the pic as a shop of blue's head onto caruso's body.
>>
>>24653221
Yeah, Numrich carries them in sizes small and medium, but doesn't carry filters

Not sure where to find those, maybe some other surplus retailer.

>http://www.gunpartscorp.com/ad/1135580.htm
>>
>>24653221
Yeah I've never seen one in person.

I have seen a mini gattling gun from the late 1800s, an uzi, and a .50 cal mounted machine gun.
Idk if you can Google, but Evergreen Aviation's deceased owner had a HUGE gun collection.
>>
>>24653131
Look on Gunbroker for 'Springfield 03' and 'NRA sporter.' There are any number of guns that were mail ordered for 425 and bubbaed back in the 50's, and their owners are starting to die off. What you're interested in is the action -- which is the slickest, smoothest bolt action on the planet. Avoid the Remington made 03A3's; those are wartime manufacture with stamped components. Just as reliable, but nowhere near as nice for fit and finish. Shouldn't run you more than $300.
>>
>>24653253
Are you some kind of figure in the /k/ community? Asking because you have a name rather than anon.
>>
>>24653253
>the slickest, smoothest bolt action on the planet
>Not the Lee-Enfield
Oh Phil, I know you meant the "second slickest, smoothest action", right?
>>
>>24653278
Not really, most tripfags on /k/ don't know as much as they pretend to know about guns. Not all of them, but Phil is included in this category.
>>
>>24653253
>>24653291
>Implying Phil is not a blowhard coward

>>24653278
Phil lives in California.
When the time comes, he will be one of the first to give up his guns. Take no advice from him.
>>
>>24653330
That's what I was saying, Phil makes up half the shit he talks about

By "this category", I meant the first one. Should've been more clear, my bad,
>>
Is OP still here?
Have any more questions?
>>
>>24653377
I'm here. I dunno, I guess this is now just a hangout. Nice dub dubs.
>>
>>24653377
What you guys think about italian stiletto knives?
>>
>>24653394
Oh, well I guess I can add you on Steam in case you have any questions later on, after you start shooting and shit.
I don't think we play any of the same games though.

Gimme a sec
>>
File: sharkfuckerbig.jpg (1 MB, 4082x1814) Image search: [Google]
sharkfuckerbig.jpg
1 MB, 4082x1814
>>24653278
I've been here for the past six years. I dunno how much of a 'figure' I am. I just try to dispense good advice and knowledge when I can, because most of it came from old hunters and milfags instead of the Intarwebz.

Also, I fuck sharks. So there's that.
>>
>>24653456
Kek, how did that maymay start?
Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.