[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone seen American Sniper yet? It's showing n only one
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 2
File: americansniper.jpg (213 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
americansniper.jpg
213 KB, 612x380
Anyone seen American Sniper yet?

It's showing n only one theater in Hollywood, so I checked it out.

Fucking amazing, imo.

>manly tears also
>>
Seems like an interesting story, even if other operators hate him.
>>
That muhreen should scrape that hippie shit off his lip.
>>
>>24146694
Isn't Jessie Ventura getting royalties from this because Kyle was a cunt liar? That's enough reason for me to go see it.
>>
>>24146694
>crying over a war criminal

u r a faget
>>
>>24146694
POLICE THAT MOO-STACHE
>>
>>24146926

no, the judge decided on a $1.8 million compensation, nothing more.
>>
File: sgtmaj_sixta.jpg (77 KB, 700x475) Image search: [Google]
sgtmaj_sixta.jpg
77 KB, 700x475
>>24146917
Lieutenant, this is what happens when you let your Muhreens fraternize with the special operators! They gets to picking up habits; their groomin standards begin slippin and they start gettin lackadaisical in ability to follow orders. Your Muhreen has jeopradized the lives of this here platoon with his lax natures. WHERE THE FUCK'RE YEH HELMETS?!
>>
>>24146935
You forgot the obligatory MUH-REEN or DEVIL DOG.
>>
I am going to see it, and take it for its value as an entertainment piece and a movie. As fiction.

Now, who knows, maybe Kyle's story is in fact true to life. But it seems there is alot to suggest there is some exaggeration, if not outright falsehoods.

But its a movie about a sniper. If its better than the putrid garbage that is Enemy At The Gates, Ill enjoy it.
>>
Ok ok. Now I saw this AND read the book(prior) but what is all the fuss about Kyle being a liar?

I really mean this, I honestly do not know why you're saying he is lying. What is he lying about?

I just want to know more about the big 'controversy'.
>>
>>24147025
Part of it is the whole Jesse Ventura thing. If nothing else, the fact that Ventura won his defamation suit is a big deal. Defamation, in the United States at least, is literally one of the most difficult civil cases you can ever pursue, let alone win. And Ventura won his against Kyle's Estate.

And many people have a sour taste in their mouth (understandbly so) about his baiting tactics he used that led to his high number of confirmed kills
>>
>>24147025
google it yourself, faggot.
He lied about punching Ventura and about Ventura badmouthing SEALS. Court sided with him and made Kyle's widow pay him $1.8 million. He was talking shit to promote his book and got caught.
>>
>>24147052
Can you expand on these "baiting tactics"

Thank you for the information as well man
>>
>>24147084

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/09/23/AR2007092301431.html
>>
>>24147084
They'd leave thing like explosives out for suspected terrorists/combatants to go and pick up.

When anyone went to pick them up, they were shot.
>>
>>24147025
>lied about Ventura
>lied about killing two carjackers
>lied about shooting looters after Katrina
>lied about donating 100% of his book proceeds to veteran charities
>>
>>24147110
>>24147084
Ahhh. Yikes, well that seems rather unfortunate, because anyone going to see the movie is gonna believe Kyle is 100% a hero.

>>24147117
Never knew this, thanks.
>>
Let's not forget he also appeared on an episode of Sons of Guns. That alone makes him a faggot knob. He was there to promote his celebrity status and sales of his book, no doubt.
>>
>>24147110
>explosives

By that, you mean bits of wires, scrap electronics and the occasional AK.
>>
>>24147110

The tactics used by Kyle and his cohorts were much more insidious then that. A large number of the activities that Kyle and other SEAL teams engaged in later became a laundry list of things that any one serving in any capacity even remotely resembling sniping should not engage in under any circumstances.
>>
>>24147183

for the uninitiated, page 79 of Kyle's shitty book

>Our ROEs when the war kicked off were pretty simple: If you see anyone from about sixteen to sixty-five and they’re male, shoot ‘em. Kill every male you see.
>>
>>24147164
Yeah, pretty much.

>Poor middle eastern kid sees something shiny
>"This might be able to get me dinner for the week!"
>Gets shot
>>
>>24147183

Like what else? I hear about baiting but I mean what else?
>>
>>24146694
Well I like Clint Eastwood and I like Bradley Cooper, so I'll probably check it out. I mean most Clint's movies have been fucking great, after FOOF and LFIJ you're not going to check out a Clint war movie?
>>
I'm angry because Chris Kyle got a movie made about him but Carlos Hathcock never did.
>>
>>24147195

They had a propensity to consider anyone who was male and between the ages of fourteen and forty a combatant, regardless of situation. Someone would stick their head out and they would put a hole in them just for fitting that criteria. Bear in mind this wasn't in curfew zones, or people acting strange in places the aught not be, it was just random individuals that happened to fall in their line of sight.
>>
>>24147195
Pretty much just shooting people when he saw them.

Injuring a person and then shooting the people that came to help them.
>>
>>24147195
>shooting non-combatants

On the Jew York post he described his favorite tactic thusly:

>sneak onto a roof at night
>at dawn, shoot the first person he saw
>when people came out with AK's to investigate he'd shoot all of them.

Of course when the reporter dutifully replaced "person" with "insurgent" but given the RoE described in his book, he was indiscriminately shooting non-combatants, and the investigators had AK's so they were "terrorists". Something like that.
>>
>>24146973

wasn't the real sixta a child molester?
>>
>>24147295

Yep

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/story/military/crime/2014/11/19/sgt-maj-sixta-generation-kill-child-molestation-sentencing/19298495/

oorah
>>
>>24147025
>>24147138
Not something as simple as "lying" about Ventura.

In his book, he recounts punching a rude dude in a bar, then fleeing. This person is basically supposed to be Ventura, and the reason given for punching is allegedly because this faux-Ventura came to this fallen soldier send-off in the bar and started mouthing off the military and the unfortunate chap who died.

This accusation threw Ventura's reputation deep into the gutter. Defaming someone like that is not a trivial deal.
>>
>>24147324

The claim isn't in his book, it was made during an interview on fauxnews to pimp his book.

When Ventura denied the story and threatened to sue, Kyle doubled down.

When Ventura sued then said he will withdraw the lawsuit if Kyle admitted he lied and apologized publicly, he doubled down again.

Chris Kyle is pond scum.
>>
>>24147324

<Ventura's reputation

top kek
>>
why does k hate him so much

It's not his fault they have pussy ROE and regulations to the shitty pussyfooted war.

Anyway if he killed 150 or 5 people it doesn't really matter. Still a hero.
>>
>>24147200

Not when it is obviously a pile of lies glorifying a vile human being.

If you must see it just pirate it like a normal person.
>>
>>24147324

Ventura may have won the lawsuit. Kyle's wife won the war. In Ventura's case, pursuing the defamation suit was far more damaging than Kyle's statements ever could have dreamt of being.
>>
>>24147353
Didn't Ventura spend Vietnam tying up balloons and sending them out?
>>
>>24147364

Reputable enough to be elected governor. Plus he speaks truth to power, unlike the government shill Chris Kyle who was so offended by Ventura's criticism of the Iraq War he had to concoct an entire story to slander the man.
>>
>>24147376

Yep, he was stationed in the Philippines and did some psych war stuff with tying up balloons that would drift into vietnam. His older brother was on the teams and got him set up with an easy deployment I believe.
>>
>>24146694
did they show him get shot?
>>
>>24147365
Because he got famous for killing a bunch of civilians, and he didn't see anything wrong with that at all?
>>
>>24147376

Who the fuck cares?
>>
>>24147387
Ventura lied about combat, hunting men, agent orange exposure, and a lot of other things.

He spent the Vietnam war in the Phillipines.

He's a pretty big phony himself.
>>
>>24147387

The worst fucking governor MN ever had. He didn't even try to run again. Arnold was a better governor and he was a damn joke.
>>
>>24147395
>portray yourself as serving in vietnam and being a vet
>spend it in phillipines rigging balloons
>talk about agent orange exposure, hunting men, and the war like you participated in it
>>
>>24147387

Didn't Ventura sue his widow and win millions? What a fucking scumbag.
>>
>>24147387

>Speaks truth to power

kek.
>>
>>24147424

Ventura changed the defendant to Kyle's estate, faggot. Get your facts straight.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/384176/justice-jesse-ventura-was-right-his-lawsuit-j-delgado
>>
>>24147433

Who owns his estate? HERP DERP.
Who owns John Lennon's estate, or Kurt Cobain's? The widow. They are responsible for his debts or his profits.
>>
>>24147421

He has openly stated he did not see combat. He's still a vet.

Whatever ambiguous statements Ventura has made pales in comparison to the multiple outright lies and fabrications made by Chris Kyle.
>>
>>24147433

>What is an executor/executrix of an estate?
>Who would have been the primary beneficiary of that estate?

Yeah, he sued a widow. Quit sucking his cock. He's just as much of a fraud and just as big of a shithead as Kyle was.
>>
>>24147447
>too stupid to understand the difference between a person's estate and a person's widow

When the reliably pro-military National Review turns on a so-called "war hero" you know that guy is a shitbird.
>>
>>24147458

I guarantee you that I have a better understanding of wills and estates and property interests than you do. But please, explain the difference to me. When you're done, maybe you can talk about how even if Ventura was technically right, he still looks like the shithead that he is.
>>
>>24146694
American Sniper...British Actor...
>>
>>24147218
Why every MAHREEN!! is truly upset about it.

>>24147324
>>24147353
Shitty thing is Jesse Ventura was one of the original Frogmen/ UDTs from Vietnam. He was a bad ass wrestler and from what my friends in Minnesota say a good Governor. But Ventura went off the deep in. Just shitty when two Badass Americans have that much bad blood between them.

I'm gonna go see it opening day, Say what you will about ROE or Killcounts or whatever, when he got out he tried to help thoses who got through it worse than he did and died in a way that no man should.
>>
>>24147218

this 100,,000100,000100,000100,000100,000100,000100,000100,000100,000100,000100,000100,000100,000100,000100,000100,000100,000100,000100,000100,000100,000100,000100,000100,000100,000100,000100,000100,000100,000100,000100,000100,000100,000100,000100,000100,000100,000100,000100,000100,000100,000100,000100,000x and more.
>>
>>24147475
>literally two different things

It is amusing how you claim Ventura is a shithead for doing what is entirely normal and expected. Chris Kyle getting his just desserts doesn't excuse his widow's profiting from his lies.
>>
>>24147499

>Tara Kyle would have been a named defendant in her capacity as executrix of the estate of Chris Kyle, and not realizing that naming somebody's widow as a defendant in a civil suit is literally the definition "suing a widow."
>Having no idea how this shit works, and just parroting what Jesse Ventura said in his half-assed "please stop thinking bad things about me" post-trial video
>Sucking Ventura's cock this hard in a misguided attempt to distract from the fact that even though he did the correct and proper thing under the rules of civil procedure upon Chris Kyle's death, he still came off looking like a shithead, and failing to realize that he pissed his reputation down the drain years ago, which is why he lives in a van in Baja and occasionally Skypes in on the Alex Jones show because nobody reputable was giving him a TV deal anyway.

Go on.
>>
>>24147482
are you fucking stupid
>>
>>24147522
>blaming Ventura for Tara Kyle marrying a lying douchebag

This is what Chris Kyle dick-riders actually believe.
>>
>>24147025
He claims he set up on the superdome and shot looters during Katrina.

He also claims the cops helped cover up him shooting a mugger.

He's a lying faggot.
>>
>>24147555

>Making shit up.
>Not realizing that I haven't said a single word in support of Chris Kyle, who was proven by a preponderance of evidence to have lied about a bar fight

Kek. Please keep going. I want to hear more. And remember: filing a suit in an improper venue and having that suit accordingly dismissed is actually evidence of a conspiracy on the part of the government. Indeed, the CIA has sleeper agents for just such a purpose inside the various state and federal courts, as well in state and local governments nationwide. Just ask Jesse Ventura. He speaks truth to power.
>>
>>24147559

IIRC, both of those claims actually came from Marcus Luttrell, another known liar. Those two have built quite the little legends for themselves off of various lies.
>>
>>24147571
>making shit up
>conflating estate and widow in order to drum up sympathy for a proven liar and his lie-begotten book profits

It is bewildering how anyone can feel bad for that dumb cunt who is still calling her husband "as honest as the day is long".
>>
>>24147585

>Not realizing that the things about the improper venue and CIA sleeper agents are paraphrases of direct quotes from Jesse Ventura regarding his litigation failures
>Not understanding what "preponderance of the evidence" means, and having zero understanding of trial practice and what's needed to convince a civil jury
>Being ignorant of why the suit was filed where it was
>Being completely blind to the PR shitstorm that Ventura stuck his dick into

Keep on using those big words.
>>
>>24147364
Ventura is cool, Kyle is not.

Even his name is cooler.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.