[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Movie theater gun: Specifically one to stop an attack like this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 23
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 552x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 552x400
Movie theater gun:
Specifically one to stop an attack like this fucker.
>Protip: aurora colorado
>Batman

Must be reasonable to conceal, in a firearm with available ammo.
>>
File: image.jpg (91 KB, 483x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91 KB, 483x400
>>
Handgun with night sights?
>>
Literally any pistol smaller than a deagle.

Djibouti shooty will defeat his armor because his face is uncovered.

His drum mag jammed too, giving adequate window to return fire
>>
File: image.jpg (76 KB, 398x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76 KB, 398x600
>>
File: image.jpg (102 KB, 635x327) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102 KB, 635x327
>>
>>23920532
I bet that helmet won't hold even a 9mm from 10 yards
>>
Go away Cracked, this isn't journalism
>>
>crazy guy opens fire
>you take him down with your cc
>another ccer shoots you
>>
>>23920552
Helmets aren't supposed to stop bullets, they're supposed to protect your dome from shrapnel.
>>
>>23920457
Micro uzi with collapsible stock.
oper8in goyim style
>>
>>23920562
>cop shoots ccer
>cop shoots cop
>ccer shoots cop
>ccer shoots ccer
>cop shoots ccer
>>
>>23920562

>take down active shooter with cc
>high five fellow ccers
>breakdown cc, unload mag, lie down with hands behind head before police arrive
>shot 871 times for resisting arrest and assaulting an officer
>>
>>23920457
Something high capacity with night sights. Preferably so you can keep hitting him with rounds while trying to advance on him to get one past his armor/into his face... Slim pickings either way, but it's your best bet.
>>
>>23920600
Only if you're a black guy
>>
File: 1412106830013.png (521 KB, 996x565) Image search: [Google]
1412106830013.png
521 KB, 996x565
>>23920600
>>breakdown cc
>tampering with the evidence
ohshitniggerwhatareyoudoing
>>
>>23920552
Most ballistic helmets are rated at 3A so it should in theory be able to stop most handgun rounds.
>>
File: st_trq_tour_gore_black.jpg (93 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
st_trq_tour_gore_black.jpg
93 KB, 960x640
>>23920519
Wait, wait, wait... that picture does NOT show what Holmes was wearing.
>implying a ballistic helmet gives full face motorcycle helmet style protection
>implying a "tactical vest" is the same as full body armor
>implying any of that shit that is shown here is even real
They literally just dressed up a motorcyclist in full leathers, slapped some Forrest Gump derpas onto his ankles, and called it a day. I can almost recognize those boots as Dainese brand motorcycle boots that have had the logos removed. What the fuck.
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 634x358) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 634x358
>be you
>watching movie
>shooter enters
>lots of smoke/tear gas
>hear shots fired
>what do?
>>
>>23920519
>>23920532
>>23920467

I don't understand why these spree-killers always deck themselves out in all this paramilitary north-hollywood shoot-out shit and then either suicide or, in this very rare case, pretty much turn themselves in.

What is all that armor to protecting yourself against a random civie with a glock?

Why don't these spree-killers ever go out in an epic firefight with police officers? The obvious answer is because they're pussies, but its always baffled me. They have tons of armor and ammo and nice gatz, but then they go and shoot themselves before SWAT shows up for the grand finale.

never understood that shit.
>>
>>23920626
> implying it's evidence until the police get there.
>>
>>23920688
Hit the floor or get behind cover, return fire, start moving, and continue to return fire. In the dark you will be able to see each others' muzzle flashes, so it's not like the smoke gives him any advantage.
>>
>>23920689
>The obvious answer is because they're pussies
That's the correct answer.
>>
File: literally.i.cant.jpg (85 KB, 1200x491) Image search: [Google]
literally.i.cant.jpg
85 KB, 1200x491
>>23920689
You're trying to understand nigger logic combined with SJW logic and anti-gun logic.
Literally, you can't :^)
>>
>>23920720
ITT: james bond
>>
He wasn't expecting resistance. A .22 would probably have made him piss himself in fear and cower because it wasn't going to be the fish in a barrel scenario he wanted.
>>
Does anyone know when the fucking 15 round law will be down? I know the sheriffs tried and failed to sue but they said they would appeal it. Does anyone know when that is going to happen?
>>
>>23920600

Let me come up with a better plan for this situation and most cc shooting situations.

>guy goes crazy in movie threater, starts executing people
>gloriously surprise the faggot with your gatz, shoot his ass to death
>shove cc back into holster and GTFO
>throw cc into river, salute as it drifts far, far away
>Go home and feel like the goddam hero you are

Never understood this "wait for the cops to show up" shit unless it was a home invasion.

You shoot some faggot trying to fuck with you, do you have any idea how hard it is to solve a killing where the two parties didn't know each other? That's why serial killers usually don't get caught until they start really racking up kills and an MO.

You shoot some gangbanger or autistic shooter you've never met before, just fucking go home. Definitely ditch the gun, but seriously just go home. Save yourself the muhfeels trial and media attention.
>>
>>23920770
The appeal failed. Only chance is the senate undoing it, which is unlikely for 6 months at least, if ever.
>>
>>23920720
> shrubmaster ayyarrfifteen
> implying no a2 flash hider
> implying your cc pistol wouldnt make you the next biggest target with that 3" muzzleflash

Hope you can shoot while blind.
>>
>>
>>23920758
>implying most people here have received any sort of tactical training beyond what we've seen in movies
>>
>>23920770
Nobody follows the mag ban law.

Do you seriously jlnot know about the "parts kit" loophole? What shithole do you live under?
>>
>>23920803
Exactly my point.

>>23920811
still it's gay when buying something from a legit retailer or something or online.
>>
>>23920781
There was a "defensive" shooting not too long ago where the guy shot a car full of niggs, then went home and posted about it on facebook (or something like that, I forget most of the details). He was later convicted and went to prison. Anybody remember the name of that guy?
>>
File: 2533043_700b.jpg (64 KB, 659x950) Image search: [Google]
2533043_700b.jpg
64 KB, 659x950
>mfw I got a jury summons for this case in the mail today
>>
>>23920825
Well.... do you have a better plan for dealing with a shooter who bursts into a movie theater and starts blasting? Movies have taught me that what I wrote is a good plan.
>>
>>23920709
>implying I live in a free state
If I ever had to defend myself while living here in MA, I'd just stand in the same exact position until the cops arrived. I don't want any bullshit "tampering" charges. And to avoid any lawsuits by the scumbag, I'd likely Canadian cha-cha just so I would only have to deal with his family in a courtroom.
>>
>>23920828
>then went home and posted about it on facebook

Yeah he was a retard. Probably didn't even ditch the gun. Probably wasn't even self-defense. I'm glad that degenerate retard is in prison. "LOL HAY FACEBOOK I JUST SHOT 3 NIGS TRYING TO BUY CRACK LAWWWWWLLLL FUCK DA POLICE"
>>
>>23920794
>ccing without a tactical flashlight
cuck/10
>>
>>23920835
while you are randomly shooting into the darkness, ill be in the lobby getting more popcorn. im no hero, no need to pretend.
>>
>>23920457
He threw smoke and shot
With the projector, dim lights, and smoke

assuming you do have night sights , youd still likely hit other people

Sucessful ambush was successful
Also didnt this guy have on body armor, tell me again what your ego is rated?

So hes got more rounds, more velocity, shoulder fire accuracy and follow up, better veiw of targets, blocking 1 of 2 exits so funneling you too, body armor, and the fastest route to a vehicle.

Your a fucking idiot. Enjoy your day , cannon fodder
>>
>>23920875
The entrance and exit in most "stadium style" movie theaters are both toward the front of the room. How do you think you're going to get past Holmes?

>>23920882
So either you die in the dark or you "flex your ego," and shoot back? Does Dianne Feinswine have you on her bankroll?
>>
>>23920873
... You dumbass.
Clearly you have never done a night shoot with a pistol
>>
>>23920457
Your every day fucking carry maybe?
>>
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 400x452) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 400x452
I'm thinking about adapting something for my wife's purse...
>muh famiy
>>
>>23920900
>both toward the front of the room
lol what theaters do you go to?
>>
>>23920915
>carry 5 shot revolver
>>
File: real.motherfuckin.g.png (250 KB, 400x392) Image search: [Google]
real.motherfuckin.g.png
250 KB, 400x392
OP I got a little scared. I thought it was 2012 again. Serious case of deja vu and cross-faded right now. Never do that again please.
>>
>>23920689

They wear it for the same reason police do. It has been shown when you wear tactical gear, you have a more predatory nature, are shoot better, etc. Soviet Union proved this with shooting tests between geared up vs naked spetsnaz, naked ones had big decrease in performance
>>
File: 1372081566012.jpg (16 KB, 350x300) Image search: [Google]
1372081566012.jpg
16 KB, 350x300
>>23920932

>5 shots will never be enough they said
>what if there's more than 5 attackers
>it'll take too long to reload

mfw I hear this while CCing a S&W 500
>>
>>23920900
Best course of action would have been to hit the fucking deck. You would have some soft cover, concealment, and you could hole up, or crawl to an exit.

Intresting vid to look up is ABC had a special on Conceal Carry in a classroom with paintball guns. The subjects that "shot back" got shot quick.

85% of handgun gunshot wounds are survivable , the velocity in that rifle will fuck up your day QUICK

FINALLY the Trump Card here: the theater PROHIBITED conceal carry
>>
>>23920945

straight busta
>>
>>23920900
> immediately engaging him, ensuring your certain death
> not realizing when youre outgunned
> not waiting for him to have a mag problem/change guns

No matter what, people were going to die. Having someone who couldve popped his ass after he was done would save us the trouble of finding him "insane" in the court of law.

Remeber the bombs he left? At his apartment? That would have surely gone off if he hadnt told APD they were setup with tripwires? If he was dead, the cops would have been btfo.

Cc fag status: #rekt
>>
>>23920600
Would anyone actually disarm themselves and lay down after shooting someone? I would just reholster and walk out of there. I'm not dealing with the legal drama unless I have to. If they catch me leaving I'll say I thought it wasn't safe to stay.
>>
>>23920947

That actually makes perfect sense. Lol naked spetsnaz, those poor bastards.

they should have channeled their inner einherjar and charged screaming and naked into battle like some of their ancestors.
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 320x240
>>23920931
What is International fire code

What theaters do YOU go to?
>>
>>23920985

see

>>23920781
>>
>>23920957
Doesn't matter if 50 guys come at you, when they see their first five friends and whatever's behind them turned into giblets they're gonna run away
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 552x464) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 552x464
>>23920971
yyeeess !
>>
>>23920947

I could never operate like a tacticool badass with my dick hanging out in the open air
>>
even if you had a handgun he would be behind the smoke spraying and praying.
If you fired back he'd see your muzzle flash and glass you.
>>
File: u srs m8.png (26 KB, 1003x541) Image search: [Google]
u srs m8.png
26 KB, 1003x541
>>23920931
Are you serious, m8? I've lived in three different states across the country, and been to movies in several more states. I think I know what a theater looks like.
>>
>>23920947
this works for exams too and p much everything else

dress like a fag you gon act like a fag.
dress like jams bond you gon get the job

>inb4 fedora
>>
Fun fact,
A week later , a man in texas threatened to kill his girlfriend and grabbed a gun out of his car and followed her into a theater....
He was shot in the head by a conceal carrier before he got off a single shot....
It never made national news
>>
File: 1417893770613.png (78 KB, 277x184) Image search: [Google]
1417893770613.png
78 KB, 277x184
>>23921034
>hurrr your theaters have to be exactly like mine cause ive been to three states and have visited every theater in da wurld!!
lol
>>
File: jamsbond.jpg (52 KB, 550x413) Image search: [Google]
jamsbond.jpg
52 KB, 550x413
>>23921035

JAMS BOND INNA HOUUUUUUUUUUUSE
>>
>>23921073
Can you link the local news story?
>>
>>23921073

sauce or it didn't happen
>>
>>23921080
Clearly your theater floors are a bit more , sticky.... Yes?
>>23920991
>>
>>23921080
It's pretty good logic, actually. You're saying something to the effect of "lol, ur theaters are weird, guy." My response is that I've been to a lot of theaters, not just in my home town or home state. My theaters are of a very common type, and I have not seen much variation on the two main designs that I posted. If you are aware of a theater that would allow you to escape without detection after a shooter entered the theater and started shooting, then by all means, draw us a picture.
>>
File: 239qhBO.gif (2 MB, 450x448) Image search: [Google]
239qhBO.gif
2 MB, 450x448
>>23920689
>expecting a deeply mentally disturbed person to make sense

Don't bother anon, it's not worth it.

Sometimes I find myself wondering why terrorists and taliban and shit can be so ineffective, then I remember it's because they're crazy retards.
>>
>>23921116
To add onto this, I've also been to theaters in Japan, and I saw nothing radically different from the standard stadium seating style theater that I posted above.
>>
>>23921080

I've never fucking been to a theatre that wasn't exactly like that guy described, and I've been to theaters in Ohio, Kentucky, Colorado, New York, Florida, and New Mexico.

I was actually driving through Aurora a few months ago, very strange energy in that place.
>>
>>23921088
Diffrent variations of the story online.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012/12/17/man-attempts-to-open-fire-on-crowd-at-movie-theater-armed-off-duty-sheriffs-deputy-drops-him-with-one-bullet/
>>
>>23920781
There would be an issue if someone identified you, or you were recorded, or someone saw you shoot him and pointed you out to police on footage from a nearby camera that recorded you coming in/out.

If all of those were out of the question I would just pick up the casings and leave.
>>
>>23921163

Man I have a hard enough time finding casings when I'm just shooting by myself innawoods.

I hear you about the cctv stuff though. In a spree-killer situation I would probably go shut myself up in a janitors closet or a restroom or something and call the police, let them know exactly where I am (so no HE HAS A GUN ON THE FLOOR INFRONT OF HIM. SHOOT! scenarios) but if I just get accosted by some shithead on the street at night, blam blam, thank you ma'am, run the fuck home and throw your gat in the river
>>
>>23921106
youve been to my theaters so you tell me...

>>23921116
i never said without detection but people are implying the only way out is through the doors at the front. perhaps this discussion would be less pointless if we were all talking about the same theater design/layout, perhaps like the actual one in aurora rather than imaginary theater X in bumblefuck, nabrahoma ...
>>
>>23921218
You're better off chopping up the barrel and burying it in different places.

My issue isn't the legal crap, its a potential dumbass cop showing up and drawing on me/shooting me because I'm armed. You can call and say there's a shooter and you shot him, the officer may think he now needs to treat you like a threat. You may call and say its been dealt with not mentioning that he's been shot, then approach the officer and tell him you shot him, assuming you're armed he might overreact.

There's just too much potential to come into contact with a fuck up cop, I would consider it a tactical error to not get to safety if you had the chance.
>>
>>23921152
>very strange energy in that place
damn did you call Zak Bagans???
>>
>>23920457
Any pistol that people CC, preferably with night sights.
>>
>>23921259
Agreed, although if you are in a crowded area vs alone at night, would you do anything different then what you described.
>>
>>23921365
Not entirely sure. I would assume police here have death with calls like that before (shotting a mugger) but the chaos of a mass casualty incident is what gets me. I would think that some idiot will call and say I was involved or something.

I'm going to think about what I should actually do. Its always better to have a plan beforehand than to freak out during the situation. Foresight is almost as good as hindsight, but present sight is always shit.

What about leaving, driving down the street, then calling and explaining what happened and saying you left because you felt the scene wasn't safe?
>>
>>23920965
Yeah I agree low crawling out of there would be your best chance of survival.

In the ABC special the officers already knew who the CCer was. It didn't matter if they shot back as they were the first target the cop went for when entering the room even if they they didn't react. Most handgun wounds aren't fatal but even putting rounds down at the active shooter will suppress them and cause their behavior to change drastically, not to mention getting shot by even 9mm would cripple your effectiveness.

I don't know what you're getting at with CCW being prohibited in the theater. It's not a federal or state building, if they see you carrying they can kick you out that's about it.
>>
File: future.jpg (171 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
future.jpg
171 KB, 625x626
>>23920457
nothing, it was a gun free zone, and i'm a law abiding citizen.
>>
>>23921432
gun free zones, excluding hospitals, government buildings, and schools, are not legally binding.
>>
>>23921403
How effective do you think dropping down until his fire is somewhere else, then sprinting at him gun drawn (assume I can do a quick burpee and you're a hell of a sprinter) not stopping until you make contact close enough so he can't maneuver his rifle toward you and putting rounds through where he's unarmored, then locking him up until he bleeds out?

Assume I want to dine with my heroic forebears in the great halls of Valhalla, and that I'm suicidal and aggressive to the point of reckless abandon.
>>
>>23921250
>perhaps like the actual one in aurora rather than imaginary theater X in bumblefuck, nabrahoma ...
Missouri, Arizona, Utah, Colorado, Georgia, Washington, and Fukuoka, Japan are all "nabrahomoa," huh? Neat. The world isn't so big, after all.

Meanwhile..

>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Aurora_shooting
>The shooting occurred in theater 9 at the Century 16 multiplex (operated by Cinemark), located at the Town Center at Aurora shopping mall[3] at 14300 E. Alameda Avenue.[4] Police said the shooter bought a ticket, entered the theater, and sat in the front row; about 20 minutes into the film, he left the building through an emergency exit door, which he propped open with a plastic tablecloth holder.[5]

>http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/01/18/aurora-movie-theater-reopens-with-new-name-free-family-friendly-movies/
Pic related, it's the inside of the theater in question.

So, in the actual movie theater in question, what actually happened would have been exactly like I said, with all the entrances and exits toward the front of the room, there was no way to escape without getting blasted. It was a stadium-style theater, as shown on the right side of the image in >>23921034.
>>
File: Century Aurora AP.jpg (248 KB, 1123x909) Image search: [Google]
Century Aurora AP.jpg
248 KB, 1123x909
>>23921502
Oops, meant to post this picture.
>>
>>23921512
>continuing to conduct business is insensitive
Modern man.
>>
>>23921463
how did you even come up with that, you sound like a no gunz.

also he didn't have any body armor like the media portrayed, he wore a fabric load carrying vest
>>
>>23921567
I'm not confident of my aim with a small pistol. I would want to get closer and have predetermined that its an acceptable way to die.
>>
Protip: he wasn't actually wearing body armor. Just the "tactical vest." The media blows this shit way out of proportion, but no plates were actually in it.
>>
>>23920834

don't think that is something you are supposed to talk about.
>>
>>23920562
>going to movie in Texas.
>its a war movie.
>move arm to pull out smuggled candy because fuck paying $3.50 for a pack of recces cups.
>ccer mistakes me for crazed gunman.
>opens fire.
>another ccer sees him and opens fire.
>10 seconds pass
>1/3 of the movie goers are dead.
>the other 2/3 are currently in a firefight with each other.
>No one in the the rest of the building hears this happening because micheal bae level movie finale.
>my last sight before i bleed out is my unopened back of recces cups.
>>
>>23920828
>There was a "defensive" shooting not too long ago where the guy shot a car full of niggs

The problem was he didn't kill them, the nigs drove off and ditched the gun they flashed at him, so there was no tangible evidence that the nigs threatened the white guy, but there were bullets dug out of the nigs showing evidence that he shot them.

Moral of the story is, kill what you're shooting at and don't brag about it.
>>
>>23921463
This fucker knows whats up, either become hero, or dine in valhalla that night. I see nothing wrong with either choice
>>
File: open carry texas.jpg (95 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
open carry texas.jpg
95 KB, 600x450
>>23925939
>Texas
>carrying guns
Want me to tell you how I can tell that you aren't Texan?
Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.