[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Big Boss was right all along
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fs-TObcA6R0

4:05
>>
CQC
>>
Well duh
>>
Still weeb shit. Fuck off back to /a/ faggot.
>>
Oh look, a walking joke. Hilarious!
Thanks OP.
>>
>>23891773
What do you mean?
>>
File: faggotstance.png (365 KB, 399x548) Image search: [Google]
faggotstance.png
365 KB, 399x548
>>23891643
Jesus fucking christ.
>>
>>23891927
You don't low ready with your pistol?
>>
>>23892007
Not really. Especially not like an airsofter.
>>
>>23892124
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VLVNClEeuU#t=49

0:49

How can you thrust if you don't keep your gun in that position?
>>
>>23892255
Why would you want to 'thrust'?
>>
>>23892373
In order to effectively and efficiently engage threats that I would face in the 360* range we know as the world.

The difference between life and death could be the milliseconds that you save by utilizing the advanced techniques of weapons manipulation.
>>
>>23892451
So you're saying the thrust is a vectoral time-depreciative methodology for the optimization of projectile delivery systems?
>>
>>23892464
That would be entirely contrived from and influenced by the perspective and perception of not only the individual operator but the enemy combatants around them, as well as non-assailants that would induce a variety of factors into the entire scenario. This would require enhanced physical and mental capability, as well as preparation, which would include advanced instruction and application of said instruction, in order for the individual operator to assess and engage said scenario.
>>
>>23891730
this is the most autistic and tryhard post i've seen in a while
>>
>>23892507
Get mad, weeb.

You can't disprove what I've said.
>>
>>23891643

Not from /k/ but does anyone know why in MGS4 when using certain guns, when reloading they'll eject a round?

It's only certain guns
>>
>>23892649

Like here is the moment after he fires the MP7 and then goes to reload it, he ejects a round, how come?

http://youtu.be/ByQJx8knlww?t=9m1s
>>
>>23892255
Holy shit thats gold
>>
>>23892704
...To empty the chamber, but other than that theirs no reason
>>
>>23892719

So there's no practical reason to do what he does?

No one does that? They just reload and that's it? No ejecting?

Does Snake have brain problems?
>>
>>23892735
There is no reason to eject, its a perfectly usable round.
>>
>>23892483
>>23892464
>>23892451
>>23892373
wat
>>
>>23892735
might just do that to make sure the weapon is out of ammo and the slide lock just didn't slip
also weapons safety or some shit maybe
>>
File: sofy.jpg (26 KB, 480x445) Image search: [Google]
sofy.jpg
26 KB, 480x445
>>23892255
shits on fire yo
>>
>>23892704
He's reloading when not all of the rounds have been fired.

There is still a round in the chamber when he charges the weapon, so it ejects the round.

He is doing a tactical reload, so he doesn't actually need to charge the gun. I suppose it's easier for the animators as well as the manual of arms for Snake to always charge the gun when reloading.
>>
>>23891643
>there's more weirdos in the blade industry than the gun industry

Made me lol. Knife fags are the worst of the worst in the martial arts industry too.
>>
>>23891643
>the future is dual weapons deployment
10/10, very tactical, would operate with
>>
>>23892735
snake has autism, he fills the checklist
>>
>>23891643
>there's more weirdos in the blade industry than in the gun industry
WHO WOULD HAVE KNOWN, LOL.
>>
>>23892706
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aafh7KpwADg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VLVNClEeuU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tj7ytiqxx8

All videos
>>
>>23892735
I guess to make damn sure there's a round chambered when he goes to fire? Maybe Old Snake had an issue with Alzheimer's in a prior op and developed this habit so it wouldn't happen again? I dunno, nanomachines?

I do notice that he's doing tactical reloads, so the previous mag wasn't emptied. Maybe the game engine is able to recognize that a round is still chambered, but they forgot to omit the charging handle animation bit when you reload from a mag that still had rounds in it?
>>
>>23892735
Simplified manual of arms and it simplifies animations and programming.
>>
>>23892762
What don't you understand about the modern requirements of an individual operator in order to overcome and dominate their enemy combatants in an effort to protect not only themselves but their comrades, innocents, property, and country?
>>
>>23892762
>not dynamizing and enhancifying your content conveyance procedure platform
>>
>>23892849
>>23892852
jesus fucking christ why am I laughing so hard
>>
>>23892767
>also weapons safety

Weapons safety?

>>23892786

Charges the weapon? So normally when a weapon has a round in the chamber it'll automatically eject a round? Any reason for that? Or is that just how the gun is?

Tactical reload?

What's manual of arms?

>>23892811
>>23892816

This is a little too much for me, I think I'll come back in a week after digesting this info

Do you guys know about some technique where you manually load the first round? That also confused me in the previous game. Something happens but his gun jams because he tried manually loading a bullet

Like here is the moment https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItvclICnwgI&feature=youtu.be&t=4m30s
>>
File: Bestboss.jpg (24 KB, 641x315) Image search: [Google]
Bestboss.jpg
24 KB, 641x315
>>23892862
>Charges the weapon? So normally when a weapon has a round in the chamber it'll automatically eject a round? Any reason for that? Or is that just how the gun is?

No, when you first load a mag, you charge the gun so it chambers the first round, after that you don't need to charge it again(except if its a bolt action) unless your intentionally trying to empty the chamber
>>
>>23892862
>Charges the weapon? So normally when a weapon has a round in the chamber it'll automatically eject a round? Any reason for that? Or is that just how the gun is?

When you cycle the action, it performs the same action as if you were to fire the weapon, except the round does not get fired.

It will eject the round, whether it is spent or not. You can do this to clear the weapon, whether to make it unloaded, or to clear a malfunction.

>Tactical reload?

Reloading while you still have ammunition in the magazine. You reload in order to have more rounds in case you need them for an upcoming encounter or threat. For example, you shoot some insurgents, and in the process fire like 20 rounds. You only have 10 rounds left. If there's a pause in the fire, you eject the magazine and load another fully loaded magazine in order to have 30 rounds.

>What's manual of arms?

Basically all of the manipulations you would do to the weapon, in order to use it effectively. People train to use a weapon fastly.

For example, ejecting the magazine, loading another magazine, and racking the slide on a handgun would be a manual of arms. You train to do it, and it's a weapons manipulation.
>>
>>23892862
>Do you guys know about some technique where you manually load the first round? That also confused me in the previous game. Something happens but his gun jams because he tried manually loading a bullet

I have no fucking idea what is going on there.
>>
>>23891730
>>>/v/
>>
>>23892857
Laugh all you want, but be wary, an over use of the psycho-physiological reflex, that is a successive, rhythmic, spasmodic expiration with open glottis and vibration of the vocal chords can lead to a scarcity of oxygen flowing to your lungs.

And if you believe it is wise to mock those of us who have spent years preparing for the inevitable scenario in which we must defend our lives, as well as the lives of others, our property, and our country, then I feel empathetic towards your lack of self-awareness, or even awareness of the planet that is around you, and the people and culture that are so pervasive within it.

Continuing your lethargic and vitriolic behavior will only lead you down a metaphorical path to your demise; and end to your perception of this reality.
>>
>>23892862
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItvclICnwgI&feature=youtu.be&t=4m30s

I think the wording is off. He is referring to a middle eastern technique of loading the first round by hand so you'd always have a round in the chamber. Note in this case, "You were trying to manually eject the first bullet by hand" should have been "you were trying to manually load the first round by hand."

The problem comes when Ocelot was apparently trying to do this after he slams the magazine in the magwell. What happens is this sequence:

>Pull slide back
>Manually load first round into chamber
>Release slide
>Slide picks up round from magazine on its way forward
>Double feed
>>
>>23893125
Yeah, I'm
>>23893003

It just seems like a fuck up to me.
>>
>>23893125

OHHHHHHHHH

Now I finally know why that happened ten years later.

Is it actually a middle eastern technique or did they make that up?
>>
>>23893125
No, he tried to rack the slide and eject the first round for whatever reason. The problem with the makarov is that you have to rack it a certain way or else it will jam. i.e. if you don't let go of the slide completely and let it return on its own.
>>
>>23893203
I'm not sure, really. The part about it being middle eastern was just something Snake mentions in a codec call to Sigint. Of course in the same sentence he refers to a magazine as a "clip," so yeah.
>>
>>23893209
>>23893203
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEtge9nzDJs

Sorry, it was actually with Para-Medic.
>>
>>23893239
Is he fucking talking about the Israelis?
>>
File: Snake--article_image.jpg (13 KB, 311x398) Image search: [Google]
Snake--article_image.jpg
13 KB, 311x398
>>23892704

>Fire gun
>Rounds still in mag
>Insert new mag
>Charge weapon just in case

I'm pretty damn far from operator, but in a world without nanomachines and HUDs, losing a round instead of chamber checking in the heat of things makes sense
>>
>>23893203
Isralies carry empty chamber and even no magazine because they're stupid conscripts
>>
File: mgsv_mgo_tga_14_web-Copy.jpg (20 KB, 325x325) Image search: [Google]
mgsv_mgo_tga_14_web-Copy.jpg
20 KB, 325x325
Also it's getting pretty close, but anyone think 5 has any chance of getting IRL weapons inserted, or at least less fucked frankenguns? It's kinda hard to tell but that new video that came out seems to show something better than that AK abomination from before
>>
>>23893398
>>23893331

Israelis?
>>
>>23893403

Pretty sad they start using fantasy weps when I just started getting into /k/
>>
File: RPK_BO.png (391 KB, 885x372) Image search: [Google]
RPK_BO.png
391 KB, 885x372
>>23893622
I wonder why Kojima would do this, all games before used real weapons. There was a theory that maybe Diamond Dogs' R&D made them, but the Soviet soldiers also use frankenguns like AK with that aftermarket rear sight that was also in Call of Duty: Black Ops(pic related). Would check IMFDB for the exact name, but it was infected with a virus for a past few days, did they fix it?

Also there is a second theory that maybe Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain are a dream or something.

Or maybe they just wanted to save money and didn't want to buy rights for gun names. Still, Ocelot using some no-name frankenrevolver looks pretty weird, SAA was his gun in all MGS games, those that took place before GZ/TPP and after, so it makes no sense for him to use another gun.
>>
>>23892613
You can't prove MGS is weeb besides it being made by a japanese guy.
>>
>>23892704
MGS4's engine is limited to a single animation per weapon.

So to make it work, they made it so he ejects a round, since the reload animation has him pulling the charging handle.
>>
>>23894156
90% of the stuff that happens in the game is weeb as shit.

OH BUT ENEMIES DIE IN THREE SHOTS SO IT'S REALISTIC AND /k/ RELATED

No.
>>
>>23894175
Just go back to /b/ and get better at trolling.
>inb4 frog pictures
>>
>>23894158
I don't have MGS4, is the round also ejected when empty? Can someone confirm? Kojima cares about details but even he makes mistakes.
>>
>>23894203
No. The round ejecting is not part of the animation, it's just an effect that turns on whenever the player is reloading a gun that is not empty.
>>
>>23894225
Sasuga Kojima-san~.
>>
>>23894175
>Enemies die in three shots

Only on the easiest difficulty with most guns.
>>
>>23894308
I only play games on normal. Anything more or anything less is bullshit. Pretty sure they die in three shots.
>>
>>23894098
I like the theory that BB is going insane
>>
>>23894175
That very much depends on the weapon you are using and what you're shooting at
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.