[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone on /k/ know any real operators? How are they?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 4
Does anyone on /k/ know any real operators?

How are they?
>>
Shot himself.
>>
lives with his grandma and doesn't talk to any of his old friends.
>>
>>23303411
I knew a former ranger who liked coke and booze and was as crazy as the day is long.
>>
How are they?

>they're real, obviously
>>
He joined 5th group and now we're not friends anymore.
>>
I was at a party where an operator in civilian went berserk and kicked down a door.
I don't know him very well though.
>>
Did some coursing with some SAS, super on to it all round awesome guys.
>>
>>23303411
I was a Ranger. Never knew that brought me to the mythical "operator" status. I served in 3rd Ranger Battalion, Fort Benning, GA. I'm out now and I'm a run-of-the-mill blue collar worker. I eat too much and I drink too much - just like my fellow Ranger veterans.

We did what we did and were glad to do it. Its somebody else's turn now. Cheer them on. We miss our lost comrades and we are proud of our achievements. But these days, we're just back yard dad's grilling on bbqs and chasing our kids around the pool - no different from anyone else.
>>
>>23303411

Theres a guy who comes on here very rarely, he was a sniper in the british army and now works for a sf only security firm, he done a QnA.

nice guy but as per the neck beards here fucked it up. he said there's a group of SF guys who come here a lot to lurk through interest when they have time
>>
>>23303686
The worst are the proof hounds. I just want to post a few helpful hints. I don't want to post my entire military record along with personal information. My wife would kick me in the balls if I did that.
>>
>>23303708

Well thats what he was saying, this one retard wanted a sandy beret, winged dagger ect, and as the OP(SF) said, theres no point as the only proof that is worthy is a military record...personally he knew his shit, people tried to say he was a fag who happened to know a little bit of army lingo or something but it was in depth stuff.

I think someone screen capped the thread

this board is worse than /b/ most of the time.
>>
>>23303411
seal - live in gfs parents garage, snorted coke off her toilet, told me lots of stories. cool guy who did some fucked up shit and has to live with it forever.

ranger - annoying "I served muh country what have you done". tutor him. never talk about military shit because I don't care and don't want to talk to the guy beyond getting paid too.

coolest guy just did shooty for army or something. not top tier operator but did 4 tours.

other one is dead. killed his girlfriend, the guy she cheated on him with then himself. "nobody fucks with kieth"
>>
>>23303733
It's not unreasonable to be sceptical of stolen valour when it happens all the time OUTSIDE of a relatively safe anonymous setting.
>>
My uncle was a SEAL for 24 years, starting at the end of our involvement in Vietnam. Dude has always been batshit insanely aggressive and intense. I was Navy, myself, tin can surface. Served with a boot ensign who went on to become a SEAL, and gave his life during Operation Red Wings. RIP, Mr. Kristensen.
>>
>>23304063

True, but usually the s.v guys know nothing about what they're doing, but this guy knew the military well, and knew the security industry really well, he knew the ins and outs and the do's and do nots, and some of the things he directed people to small time websites that a s.v guys wouldnt have a clue about ect.

>>23304108

I call b.s on this, your dad yeh I could believe, but Kristensen... fuckoff.. you sound like the kind of fag that makes sevice guys feel uncomfortable when you 'thank you for your service' b.s
>>
>>23304108
your whole post makes me cringe.
>>
>>23303411
Had and uncle that was navy EOD, wasn't a dick, but he couldn't hold down a job after he got out, snorted to much coke, and is now homeless.
>>
File: 99_1bubbles.jpg (91 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
99_1bubbles.jpg
91 KB, 480x640
>>23303411
We're all real operators here on /k/. At least I am. What would you like to know OP?
>>
My wifes best friends husband was in the army for multiple tours of combat duty in the middle east and when he got out of the service he joined some mercenary outfit doing operations for the DOD in the middle east. Now he just hangs out all day from what I can tell.

He is nice and polite to me but he obviously doesn't have any interest in hanging out with me. I see him at parties and stuff and he usually just hangs out with other veteran dudes.

He seems pretty mellow. He is a big dude with lots of tattoos and a huge taliban beard. His wife is absolutely smoking fucking hot, like 10/10 makes your eyes and tongue pop out of your head hot. And he treats her kind of shitty.
>>
>>23304592
You treat those 10/10s nice then they'll just leave you for some jerk who will
>>
I've a met a few and I'm pretty sure they snorted coke behind closed doors. One of them was an arrogant asshole too. To be fair another one was a nice humble guy.
>>
>>23304592
>>23305281
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFsr1olCysc
>>
So much samefagging about coke.
>>
>>23303411
I know a former ranger who fought in Thailand after vietnam. He's really cool. Smokes tons of herb. You'd like him. Really. My dad is friends with some crazy ass guy that I'm about 95% sure was/is delta force or something of that nature. I wanna say I overheard him talking about training syrians
>>
>>23303674
Except some of you murdered other people's kids
Sleep well. Christ will forgive you.
>>
>>23305315
Maybe he's lying.
>>
>>23305319
He may lie about some things, but he definitely was a ranger and did a bunch of shit in thailand or Laos or Cambodia or something. Been a while since I spoke to him, I wanna say it was thailand. The delta force guy is probably lying about some stuff, but for reasons I'm pretty sure he's for the most part legit
>>
I once knew this really crazy and intense guy who was a former seal and delta force. He was into some shady shit in Russia and South America that he wasn't allowed to talk about, but you could tell he was a wild man. Did tons of coke and other stuff too. Had a beard like a pirate too.
>>
>>23305360
>I was a former delta force, but I'm not allowed to talk about it
>>
>>23305317

That's life.
>>
I was a Sergeant in the Special Army Squad, ask me anything.
>>
Work with two sf guys now. Pretty chill.

Dont have the stick up their ass 11 series' have.
>>
A normal guy.
>>
>>23303411
They usually pretty laid back. you do get the occasional douche but thats true anywhere.
>>
I used to work with an israeli guy who was IDF SF. Airborne and shit. He was really mellow, and a total pacifist. You never found out about it from him. He didn't like to talk about it. Doesn't own any guns, is anti gun.

Several of my coworkers and I are pretty avid gun enthusiasts. The IDF guy just said, "I don't understand this american obsession with guns". He had a totally different reference frame, being from Israel. I think he ended up in SF because he was just a total badass, great athlete, very intelligent, and very much alpha. But serving in the military in Israel is mandatory, and he did it because he had to, not because he wanted to. There were very few weapons questions I could ever get him to answer; however he did tell me that he preferred the m16 over the galil.
>>
I'm in the gun industry.

Work with a bunch of former Rangers, a few former USMC Scout Sniper, and the occasional former "operator".

Operators come in 2 flavors: Ranger background or SF background.

Ranger Background: physically imposing... kind of a like a football jock that got smart.

SF Background: normal sized dude, completely innocuous... reserved and intelligent, but knows how to "switch on" at a moment's notice. They remind me of grumpy high school science teachers or "Gus" from Breaking Bad.

Everyone gets PTSD in some form or the other... Interesting to see how people deal with it. Some people turn right the fuck away from guns (usually former Army) whereas retired USMC dive right in with both feet. It's interesting.
>>
>>23303411
I knew one who was in the Seals during Nam. He had photos of him with dead gooks and a Stoner 63, so know he's legit.

Quiet, very quiet. He's a volunteer that dresses as a clown with other former Seals and they do children's hospitals and shit.

But his eyes man. He's seen some shit

Also knew a guy who was in Desert Storm. He talked to me a bit about it once and he definitely saw some shit. Made a little joke about how to pop someone's neck really quick. He said he went behind enemy lines and killed dudes with a scout rifle and his bare hands. Also a ex biker

One more was a supposedly ex black ops for the Canadian military. Claimed to have been doing covert actions in East Germany. He knew the talk and the lingo but with that kind of work, there's no real proof. And he has a fake name. Told me that if WWIII started a MP jeep would go to his house and he'd be gone. Really fucked in the head though. Really tense and he snapped at anything. And his eyes look like little stones, his smile never reaching his eyes ever.
>>
>>23303465
Sounds like your typical Ranger to me.

Coke and hoes
>>
>>23305497
>That's voluntarily working for the government

FTFY
>>
>>23305317
>implying people aging 17-??? are kids
And the kids that are shot, fit the ROE and obviously deserve to be engaged.

Edgelord, I hope you live a long and lonely life, then you suck start a 12 gauge.
>>
>>23304108
Less than what? 2000 or so Seals in Nam? You're uncle is a lying.
>>
>>23305360
Knew a few CAG Opurraters, they have never been deployed to Russia, But the CIA Did play a part in the Ukrainian Civil War, same with Libya.
>>
>>23303411
Guy I used to work out with in college was on Team 8. He was in town last weekend and he invited me to come out with him before he got re-deployed. Awesome guy, picked up an absolute smokeshow of a girl by flashing his bone marrow donor card and asking if, "she wanted to come back to his place and see if she was a match for his bone".
>>
>>23306963
HA Smooth as fuck.
>>
New a operator, survived a heli crash, bunch of his m8's died. Fell into severe depression, drugs and alcohol. Killed himself with a insulin OD.
>>
My dad was with the 82nd during Grenada. He took a dose of x39 later, on peace keeping missions or something in Africa. Never really talks about it, only when I'm feeling really down and he wants to cheer me up.
>>
Know a former Royal Marine who went SAS. Now works for private security doing lots of celebrity jobs. Spent time in Iraq during invasion doing close protection and got sent home disgrace after nearly knocking out his CO. Has shown me pics who his mates at Hereford and still goes up there and does runs through the kill house with them.

And before anyone asks, the boat house is blue.
>>
>>23303674

I never understood this mentality. What happened to the whole "best of the best" thing?
>>
>>23306907
>played a part in the ukrainian civil war
elabor8 pls
>>
>>23307119

basically convincing people to riot and shit, same thing in Libya when it started.
>>
>>23307141
spurring on pro-russian separatists?
>>
>>23307213
Basically, just stirring the shit, like a dude who instigates fights in school.

"Hey bro, you see that guy over there? He said he can take you" "Go beat his ass bro! I got your back!"

Basically the same thing the CIA is doing, they also did it in Syria, but Assad is actually smart enough to know how to defend himself, unlike Gaddafi
>>
Know a couple of green berets and Comandos from our Colonial War, they know some pretty dark shit and they did some interesting stuff.

>Portuguese Comandos are the reason my dad can't stand the smell of Old Spice deodorant
>>
>>23307262
he tell you why we do that?
>>
>>23303411
Navy Seal family friend. Nicest dude in the world but kinda sad.
>>
Canada here. Dad's dad was in CF Air force, flew planes in the 40's/50's taught kids to fly at the UBC flight/aviation club. I dug up articles that they have in their archives. Flew privately with helicopters in the late 60's and died shortly after in a crash. Never really likes to talk about it since he grew up without him.

Grandmas (Dads side) family worked for/with the SS. Her older brother was a chemist in some lab in Hamburg and her younger brother a solider. There are old slides and gear she has tucked away in a chest at her house.
>>
File: 3436121354532.jpg (8 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
3436121354532.jpg
8 KB, 275x183
>>23303674
>Ranger
>Operator
>>
>>23306717

That's spot on and made me laugh quite a bit. The Rangers I know are physically imposing and highly intelligent. The SF guy I know looks like a normal dude. He's ~5'5'', not muscular and has a baby face. You'd never know he was in the military, let alone SF.

The SF guy shifted from the military to IT. He now works as a director at an IT firm. Ranger guy helps run a business. Neither of them really openly spoke about the military, let alone say what they did.
>>
>>23303674
>3rd bat bro

what company?
>>
They're fine. They want do know how you are too OP.
>>
>>23308327

Meant to add. One of the SOF guys was in the military in the 80s. He said that the Spec Ops community has lowered their standards. According to him it's easier to get into Delta, SF, Rangers now, than it was 30 years ago.
>>
>>23303411
Buddies brother was 82nd airborne for 8 years. Cool guy, when ever he got happy he gets this intense look in his eyes. Spent like 5ish years in trashcanistan, hes seen some shit.
>>
>>23308403
82nd is the farthest thing from operator as it gets

not to say that guy hasnt done some shit though
>>
>>23308432
Just sayin closest to operator I've ever met. Some of the stories he'd tell after half a bottle of whiskey.
>>
Knew a green beret who was in nam and apparently was flying over and ready to jump in to the hostage thing in Operation Eagle Claw before the whole thing went to shit
>>
girlfriend's brother was in 7th group, doesn't talk much.
>>
>>23303436
This.
>>
When I was a bartender back when we had a former Marine Corps tunnel rat as a regular. This guy had a huge set of tattoos on his arms relating to Vietnam, and used to tell stories about Khe Sanh and going on patrols and some of the fucked up shit he saw:

>be tunnel rat in like 1968
>guy before you gets pulled out of the hole with half his head missing and his brains dripping out
>SGT says to you "Alright, anon, get the fuck in there."
>You go in there with nothing but a flashlight and a 1911

Another one:

>squad captures a suspected VC
>he's in that weird gook squat they do
>Old breed gunnery sergeant comes up with shotgun and literally blows his head off right there in the field
>chuckles heartily as he wipes the dudes blood/brains/skull fragments off of him

He was a really fucked-up dude. He claimed to have smoked pot every day of his life since he came back from Vietnam, and used to do it right there in the bar because no one had the balls to say anything to him.

Also

>had full upper and lower dentures due to having all of his teeth knocked out bare-knuckle boxing.
>was only like 5'6"
>used to regularly emplace "Hanoi Jane" stickers onto the backs of urinals so dudes would piss on Jane Fonda
>used to regularly tell braggarts "I'd be your worst fuckin' nightmare in the woods."
>drove a VW hippie bus
>used to tell the most hilarious, dirtiest jokes you ever heard
>tipped like a boss
>always wore sleeveless shirts and a cowboy hat or some form of flashy hat
>got all kinds of pussy

This dude was seriously one of the coolest guys and biggest hardasses I've ever come across. Total operator.

>pic related
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.