[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
sad day today /k/ommrades >go visit my mom and she asks me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 10
File: 1402563323374.jpg (23 KB, 232x197) Image search: [Google]
1402563323374.jpg
23 KB, 232x197
sad day today /k/ommrades
>go visit my mom and she asks me to check on this guy named wally before I go
>we lived in a small house surrounded by woods and acres and wally was the closest neighbor my mom had and she hadnt heard from him in days
>nice enough guy, we were faily close but nothing crazy
>he'd come over for holidays cause his wife died and sometimes go shooting with us
>this brought us closer together than anything, he didnt have much but liked to go plinking just to spend time with somebody
>take the old trail to his house, knock on the door only to find its open
>right away something is off, the house looks trashed I immdiently think home invasion
>draw my CZ, call out for wally and start to look around
>he stumbles out from the kitchen in dirty pajamas, hair disheveled
>before I can say anything he starts screaming in french and starts to raise a revovler at me
>draw on him and practicallly scream at him him to drop it
>I think it scared him becuase he looked so shocked, the he drops it and crumbles in the doorway crying
he started getting alzhiemers after I moved out and it finally took him. He doesnt have any family left and had to have been up there like that for days. He's getting sent to some old folks home and his stuff is being auctioned off. Though I think some of his stuff is going to us, we're the only people had had any constant contact with and they found dozens of thank you notes and holiday cards he wrote to us when he was starting to lose itthat were never mailed. some of its the same stuff, word for word, over and over again in different letters.
Not only is this just flat out sad, but it got me thinking of my grandparents and even my dad. They have a good collection of guns and there might come a time when I have to disarm them, or somebody might have to take away mine some day too. All I know is im getting drunk tonight and pouring a little out for a man that was like a uncle to me growing up
>>
>>22571213
That's a sad story. The part about the thank you notes and the cards hit me in the feels
>>
At least he's alive. I thought you were gonna find him dead in his chair with the longest day playing on his TV.
>>
>>22571213
What was that guy's resume?
>>
ya got me right in the feels man. old people stories like this always get me. I hope it turns out ok.
>>
File: 1396381783393.jpg (7 KB, 273x184) Image search: [Google]
1396381783393.jpg
7 KB, 273x184
>>22571213
>>
>>22571213

It's a sad story.

At least you guys didn't end up shooting eachother. That is something to drink to.
>>
>>22571308
>at least he's alive

Nigger, his mind is gone.
I would much ratherr die than suffer Alzheimers.
>>
>>22571308
>tfw thats how I found my grandpa
>tfw im not even sad
old bastard went out in his silk pajamas, on a comfy recliner with a drink in his hand and the history channel on with some old jazz on on the backround. I hope I get to go out like that
>>
Getting old sucks, man.

> tfw 30 years old and life is halfway over
>>
File: 1408510423655.png (10 KB, 321x339) Image search: [Google]
1408510423655.png
10 KB, 321x339
>>22571213
>>
Damn dude... if, no... When I get to that point, I'll make sure there's someone who will care for my guns and use them.

My cousins are the only pro gun people in my family, I never get to see them, so I feel alone. I don't plan to get married and have kids, so I hope by the time I'm at an old age someone in my family can take care of my guns.

That is, if the world doesn't go to hell, and we actually get to experience what it's like being old.
>>
File: 1408588902005.jpg (38 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1408588902005.jpg
38 KB, 480x640
>>22571419

I just got over that shit anon, fuck you.
>>
>>22571334
it sure as fuck wont. he'd keep deteriotrating in a an old folks home, being treated like a child by some trinadadianin nurses, confused and scared before he fianlly turns into a vegatable and dies.
Its awful, but its true. I worked in a nursing home and I had to quit. My parents already told me, dead pan serious, to kill them before ever putting them in a place like that
>>
>>22571466
Yep, it's all downhill from here. Past our primes, testosterone levels dropping, body becoming less efficient at repairing itself, getting weaker by the year.
>>
>>22571512

There's a long way to go between 18yo and edgy and 80yo and shitting your pants.

You get a whole lot wiser in those years.

Also sexier to the ladies (if your body doesn't hit the shitter).
>>
>>22571378
I second this. This glass of jameson I have is for you and wally, OP.
>>
File: 1407983580501.png (58 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1407983580501.png
58 KB, 645x773
>>22571213
fuck man. I was having a good night before this
>>
>>22571559
I'm honestly in better shape at 30 than I was at 18. but I'd rather be an edgy, carefree 18 year old greasy little shit any day.

Maybe the regret of spending all those years in front of a computer is creeping up on me... Fuck, back to OP's topic.
>>
>>22571473

well fuck.
>>
File: 1399061715663.jpg (47 KB, 590x518) Image search: [Google]
1399061715663.jpg
47 KB, 590x518
>>22571213
Wally sounds like a proper good cunt. Don't forget to visit him…he may not remember you, and it may be difficult, but you never know, it may help him out somehow.

You're in my thoughts, faggot op
>>
>>22571473
I second the order to kill me
>>
File: image.jpg (76 KB, 720x378) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76 KB, 720x378
>>22571308
>tfw I used to watch the great escape, the dirty dozen, and the longest day on a constant loop at my grandpa's house when I was a kid
>tfw we celebrated his 83rd birthday tonight
>tfw we stayed at the restaurant until they closed, talking about his adventures in Korea. The same stories I've a heard hundreds of times. I cling to every word
>>
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 291x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 291x200
>>
>>22571400
I shiver to think about my grandfather.

>Grandma says good night to Poppy.
>Poppy is sitting in his recliner, he says he'll be in bed in a minuet.
>He never gets in bed.
>Grandma finds him in the floor next morning.

Apparently he had a Heart Attack. They also Said his estimated TOD was between 11 and 1 that night.

>I was 2 houses down between that time visiting with this Girl i had a thing for.

I thought about stopping by and saying hi, but figured they were in bed already as i didnt see any lights on.

I miss him.....
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 427x231) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 427x231
>>22572567
This hurts me physically
>>
>>22572713
Yeah.

Nevertheless i was little upset
>>
>>22572567
Oh my god man u just brought back all sorts of feels damn you

>Grandfather was a corpsman in ww2 all through the pacific, was a surgeon when pearl harbor went down
> Usually refused to carry a gun because of carrying regular equipment a medical shit
>sometimes carried 1911
>was shot 3 times and wounded 2 others
>he was dieing and I was with him but the doctors said he could live for up to 4 more days they said
>I leave because its midnight and had school the next
>I am super upset on the ride home, practically in tears
>Get home and right away get a phone call that he died just a couple minutes after I left

Like what the fuck man...
>>
>>22571384
true and it hasn't even gotten really bad yet
>>
>>22571473
My pops told me to take him out to a field and put a bullet in his brain if he gets that
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 320x353) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 320x353
>>22573249
You left you grandfather's side because it was late and you had school? What the goddamned fucking hell is the matter with you?
>>
>>22573249
Many times people wait until their family leaves to go, they have a hard time going while family are there.
>>
>>22573249

>leaving your dying grandpa for school

Are you fucking kidding
>>
>>22572282
I also cling to every word my granddad has to say about Korea.

I can't bear the thought of being without him, makes me fucking sad
>>
>>22573431
My granddad died while I was at school having a fun ass fieldtrip, it went from having a shitload of fun to the worst day of my life so far
>>
>>22571213
Op

You stared down the barell of a gun and made a conscious decision not to do what we train ourselves to do (pull the trigger until they drop). You saved a life. This guy had some issues. Alzheimers is a bitch. My gfs gramma went through that. It is worse than torture for all parties involved.

You did the right thing. You did good. Taking a life is easy. Its a 1/8 pull at 5 or so pounds. Saving a life is much more difficult.

Op is not a fag.

I drank a shot of stoli inbetween the last line breaks for op.

Your a glorious bastard op. We love you.

Dont forget that as shitty as things seem about this guy, that YOU through YOUR judgement saved a life. That is no small achievement. Wear it as a badge of honor.
>>
>>22572282
>Dirty Dozen
>Not listed 1st since it's the best fucking WW2 movie ever
>>
>>22573431
>>22573391
Do you guys genuinely believe he would have chose school over his grandfather if he knew he had to go soon? Seriously what the fuck anon this isn't /b/
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.