[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reddit Fakes Mass Shooting Stats
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (197 KB, 736x949) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
197 KB, 736x949
This is on /pol/ now. Looks like GunsAreCool are in some deep shit lol

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/04/opinion/how-many-mass-shootings-are-there-really.html
>>
While pleasant to hear, it's a little too late unfortunately. See, the problem with journalism and statistics in the U.S. (and I imagine a lot of First World Countries) is that once a person learns of a fact or something, like this for example. They're not too interested in following up on it or questioning it's authenticity at all.

I think the proper term is confirmation bias. Once the anti-gun folk hear that "THERE'S BEEN 355 MASS SHOOTINGS THIS YEAR!!!!!" then they latch on to that because it's a big scary number that gets people talking. From there, they feverishly spread it around to make it more known. The people it spreads to, again, have no real interest in checking sources or questioning it's authenticity.

So, while this is good, there's been a shit ton of damage done to us with the false statistic that will take a lot of reversing to mitigate.
>>
Is this autosaging?
>>
>>28103147
Looks like it :^)
>>
What the fuck? This shit is fucked up.

Fuck Reddit, forever and always.
>>
>>28103072
This is, unfortunately, true.

But at least it makes everyone quoting it look stupid in the short term and stop using it in the long term.
>>
>>28103013
>GrC
>literally an echo chamber occupied by trolls and dumbfucks
The niggers led a smear campaign against reddit when /r/guns decided to have a reddit logo lower group buy, then the head of reddit BTTFO by saying if it's legal, it's fine.
>>
>>28103013
Good. They're a bunch of shitty liberals who act superior to the "Uncultured gun owners"
>>
>>28104419
>reddit logo lower
That's even less tasteful than the /k/ lowers on NE, bravo reddit.
>>
>>28104603
>read article on lowers
>Reddit legal team was unsure if it was legal to just have the "safe, fire" markings be colored pictograms instead of words
It was the funniest thing about that whole mess.
>>
>>28103013
>Reddit Fakes Mass Shooting Stats
>one small subreddit with 11,000 subscribers doing something means the entire website with is responsible
For comparison, the major subreddits (dealing with games, random pictures, or news) have about 10 million subscribers each and currently about 9,000 people are actively browsing the news section and 10,000 the world news section.
>>
File: 1448774985743.jpg (63 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1448774985743.jpg
63 KB, 960x960
>>28104603
>tfw actually bought a MurderKube lower
>going to turn it into an ar-15 soon
>don't own a CNC mill

How do you faggots turn your 80%s into 100%s?
>>
>>28104922
Primary arms easy jig, it can also mill a full auto lower.
>>
>>28104939
Best router to buy? I'm seeing some on Harbor Freight for $30, some at Home Depot for $100-$200
>>
>>28104693
This is just like when people say "4chan does X"
>>
All statistics are now ideologically tampered with.

UK for instance only considers something a murder if there is a conviction.

So Alfred getting chopped into small pieces by a murderer is only statistically considered a murder if there is a conviction in the UK.

In the US it is based on the autopsy report and not on whether there is a conviction.

The US Murder Rate is now compared to the UK "Murder conviction rate" in the media.

It's similar to how sweden completely fucks up all statistical use of rape reports by adding up the sum of rape incidences. Which makes some girl getting raped with a knife to her throat count 1/1000th as much as a wife getting "raped" because she kind of didn't feel like it at the time over 3 years which is counted as 1000 rapes by the statistics.

Essentially the media just uses these bullshit statistics to prove points and the liberal social sciences retards re-define everything to help them.
>>
File: kek.gif (2 MB, 350x251) Image search: [Google]
kek.gif
2 MB, 350x251
>>28105005
>Buying anything from horrible fright.
>>
>>28105005
Get the orange one from home depot with the led light in it.
>>
>>28105005
Just get a drill press anon, router speeds arent too hi to get the job done, but they're close.
>>
>>28105159
Bookmarked and added to my already high cost of making an AR-15
>>
>>28105005
jesus christ dude

it's 2015 and you don't even have a mill yet?

You call yourself a maintainer of the /k/ube?
With such little manufacturing capacity, you are barely a follower.

$600 mini mill for the win
>>
>>28105223
Mine ended up costing me ust under 800 dollars. The penny pincher in me says i should have just gotten an already built m&p 15 but the enthusiast in me is glad I built from the ground up.
>>
>>28105005
http://www.harborfreight.com/two-speed-variable-bench-mill-drill-machine-44991.html

http://www.grizzly.com/products/G8689

The Grizzly uses Morris Taper #3 collets, and the HF uses R8 collets.
>>
>>28103013
http://www.vox.com/2015/12/4/9849390/mass-shootings-count
>>
>>28105269
>>28105253
>>28105255
But they also make one hell of a drill press..
>>
>>28105255

$140 for Lower + LPK
$300 for Upper
$100 for Pistol Grip + Stock
$20 for Buffer Tube Kit
$100 Router
$150 Jig
$50 Vise

Not to mention ammo, this is starting to get expensive. I agree, I would much rather build an AR for my first gun how I like it than get one and not experience the building of it
>>
File: absolutely solid.jpg (9 KB, 126x225) Image search: [Google]
absolutely solid.jpg
9 KB, 126x225
>>28105269
http://www.grizzly.com/products/Mini-Horizontal-Vertical-Mill/G0727
I didn't know I could buy such a thing for that low of a price.
>>
>>28105277
That article eventually bled down to ""we should ban guns because guns lead to suicides".

Oh for fucks sake. I'm sick of the statist mentality everybody embodies these days. What happened to people taking responsibility for themselves, everybody relies on the state to do everything for them.
>>
>>28105314
If a horizontal is more your thing, this X2 from littlemachineshop has a solid column, so you don't need to worry about tramming the head (or it getting out of alignment).

http://littlemachineshop.com/products/product_view.php?ProductID=4962&category=1387807683
>>
>>28105350
>horizontal

Sorry, vertical.
>>
>>28105314
Grizzly charges another $100 or so to transport it off the truck and into your shed for you.

Just in case you don't have a way to transport it off the truck.

I wonder how heavy that bitch is...
>268 lb
>>
>>28105350
>If a horizontal is more your thing
It's just that if I was to get a milling machine I'd want to do more than just mill out an AR-15 lower and would like to experiment with other shit, and from what I've read older pistols have all the nice curves that they do because of the amount of work that was done with horizontal milling machines (although from what I've heard I'd also need a lathe to be able to make my own tooling to use that horizontal milling machine). I might look into it more when I've finally settled down somewhere but currently I don't think I'd be able to start learning to machine shit in my apartment.
>>
>>28105295
I used a 40 year old rusty drill press with no xy table and a depth set of questionable accuracy. Didnt come out pretty, but she works. Its not particularly hard, just messy and loud. Get some cutting fluid to make your life easier.

The only thing I feel the need to warn someone attempting this is dear god use a vacuum for the shavings. I used compressed air to blow the shavings out of the cavity causing me and my entire workshop to be covered in the shit . It is truly a kind of hell. Six months later I'm still finding the needle like threads of aluminum all over my workshop. Heed my warning anon.
>>
>>28105472
Be careful milling with a Jacobs chuck.......
>>
>>28105453
Makes sense for your situation I guess...
>>
>>28105502
Yea. Are you talking about bits slipping down or their questionable lateral integrity? Both suck.
>>
>>28104693
Hell, /r/guns alone has over 220,000 subs.
>>
>>28103013
GrC is a shithole. One of the forum rules is "if you post a pro-gun arguement, you are banned.

How on earth does that seem like a good way to start an intelligent discussion?

Ohh, your opinion is different? You're banned.
>>
>>28103013

It doesn't surprise me that semen slurpers at Reddit have been generating bogus data to push a false narrative.

What does surprise me is that the New York Slimes and Mother Jones of all fucking places would actually look into this, then put this information out there instead of covering it up.
>>
>>28103013
Apparently the criteria is "4 people injured or killed, including the shooter(s)"
>>
>>28103147
no
>>
>>28105412
Do you even lift?
>>
>>28105253
everyone's got to start at some point
>>
This thread was moved to >>>/pol/57671389
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.