[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
are most soldiers edgy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7
are most soldiers edgy
>>
>>23353711
I don't think they're edgy. I just think a lot of them are dumb shit rednecks.

Not because joining the military makes you a dumb shit redneck... but rather because they recruit a lot of dumb shit rednecks.

And try as they might, it's hard to train the dumb shit redneck out of every single one.

As they say, you can take the kid out of the trailer park, but you can't take the dumb shit redneck out of trailer park... but the hundreds of thousands of dollars in training and indoctrination is only effective at taking the trailer park out of the dumb shit redneck about half the time.
>>
>>23353711
>edgy
>home boy is actually posing with a corpse
At some point you cross the line between teenage Hot Topic rewards member to psychotic asshole, and this is it. Also, despite how it may seem, the military goes to great lengths to rid themselves of "edgy" kids who want to kill people. Why?
Because it's a fucking nightmare having them in service and a Pvt. Pyle situation just waiting to happen. Tell people in the military you want to kill somebody and you will find yourself VERY quickly being reprimanded and out processed. Especially in combat arms where you could do something stupid and make a huge embarrassment out of yourself for the whole military.
>>
A lot of soldiers are in the military because it's the only job they can get. You'll see a lot of disgraceful redneck/ghetto trash. Many serve because they have the sense to do that instead of running with a gang.
>>
File: 1408690430776.jpg (4 KB, 184x90) Image search: [Google]
1408690430776.jpg
4 KB, 184x90
Only edgy... for you.
>>
>>23353711
I believe you'll find that most soldiers are bored. Really really fucking bored. To the point where any little bit of entertainment is a godsend.
>>
File: 1412165442130.jpg (32 KB, 600x322) Image search: [Google]
1412165442130.jpg
32 KB, 600x322
>>23353758
This

Seriously the as in any group of people the the ones you hear the most from are the loudest and those are often the dumbest
>>
>>23353711
no
but most are frosty
>>
>>23353758
I don't want to just hear from americans any russians and non americans on here ?
>>
>>23353711
Stop kidding yourself. They give them rifles, armor, and ammo for a reason. They are called riflemen, machine gunners, and mortarmen for a reason. You know why? It's because they kill people, and that is a very big part of their job.

So what if he killed some dirty raghead and pissed on him? If you had to deal with them shooting at you and trying to blow you up you'd do the same shit because no one can be a super serious dynamic operator all the time.

The less soldiers pity the enemy the better, I would rather them cut off the sandnigger's head and put them on humvee mounted spikes than not have it in them to pull the trigger when need be.
>>
>>23353711

No, but a lot of them, especially combat MOSs are desensitized. Either the Army does it to them, or they do it to themselves.

Hang around a couple soldiers, especially on a deployment, and it's all "Hajji's this" and "sandniggers that." It's a coping mechanism; when they can create a complete "Other" group by dehumanizing the opposition, they don't have to really deal with the fact that actual living human beings, just like them and their buddies, are trying to kill them. And vice versa.

It's happened in every military, ever.
>>
>>23353758
White trash live in trailer parks, whereas rednecks typically live innawoods. The classical perception of White Trash is generally that of "White Nigger" in the south, in that they are perceived as shiftless, amoral, and generally a menace. Whereas Rednecks are generally just seen as ignorant rubes.

(It's kind of ironic because the largely Scots-Irish, Irish, and Scottish ancestors of the modern Hillbilly were perceived in the same way as "Niggers" by the English in the colonial era many of them came to this country, so much so that calling someone Scottish was equivalent to calling someone a Nigger, more or less.)
>>
>>23353711
Not really, you just get frustrated with all the bullshit that goes on, and eventually it gets under people's skin. It can boil over and result in some less than stellar performances.
>>
>>23353711

>Get hired to kill people
>Kill people
>Edgy

Fuck off
>>
>>23354011
3Edgy5Me
>>
Maybe we have different definitions, but when I call someone edgy it's like calling them a poser. Fake, pretending to be hardcore when they aren't.

Posing with an actual dead body of somebody you may have killed is not pretending lol. Edgy is not the right word.
>>
>>23354123
See
>>23354091

>"Take this gun and kill that guy, you are defending your nation!"
>Kills guy
>"You are a sick psychopath!"

If you have ever been to combat, you would understand. Those people they fight aren't worthy of being human, they are savages. If someone blew up your friend with an IED, you are telling me you wouldn't take pride in defiling his corpse and skullfucking him? Because I would.
>>
>>23354043
As an interesting aside, the term redneck comes from the Battle of Blair Mountain where the pro-Union forces wore red bandannas around their necks as a uniform.
>>
>>23354043
>calling someone scottish was the equivalent of nigger

No it wasn't you dumb fuck, Irish was the insult. The only racial insult commonly used against Scots was Highlander due to the fact that a large number of them lived north of the Grampian mountains and had still not yet had the cultural and economic enlightenment well into the 19th century.
>>
>>23353711
that's not edgy. that's douchebag. and no, most are not douchebags. but a lot are.
>>
>>23353711
Imagine if you spent months of your time living in a desert shithole where the threat of death from an unseen enemy is essentially omnipresent. Maybe when you finally got one of the guys, the psychological need to reassert power and control over the situation might result in you doing something "edgy" like this.
>>
Taking photos like that are the fastest way to get yourself under investigation, and subsequently drummed out. No military likes shit like this being circulated; its bad for publicity, its bad for the goals of the operation locally, and its bad with support of cause back home.

Many soldiers tend to develop a kind of black humour simply because that is how the job is. With guys who take their job professionally it usually stops there, but as ever idiots can take it too far.
>>
>>23353711
just the ones who

dip
smoke
dip
and do crossfit
>>
>>23354150
Those people they fight are humans who are fighting for their country, against and aggressive invading force.

Your guys are fighting for the petro-dollar. Media sells it to dumbfucks as "freedom", "democracy" and "humanitarian" shit.

I'd bomb the fuck out of US troops if they'd ever invade my country illegally. War on Terror is the biggest pile of horseshit and not a just cause for war and invasion. Especially if its a country that had nothing to do with it.

You dumb cunts go around and fight the "BAD MUSLIMS TERRORIST OPFOR BADGUY KEBAB"-guys and destabilize all the countries you go into. The civies there are left with fucking nothing but rubble.

I'd like to see someone wipe that shit-eating grin from that ignorant cunts face.
>>
>>23354408

Now this is edgy.
>>
>>23354408
>the Taliban aren't genuinely evil people who throw acid into women's faces, cut off little girls noses and account for 75% of civilian casualties in Afghanistan
>the Taliban didn't commit horrific jus cogens violations including human slavery and mass murder
>most Taliban leaders aren't wanted by the Hague for crimes against humanity
>the Taliban aren't the result of the Pakistani government wanting a proxy state to their North
>Afghans have any sense of nationalism beyond tribal loyalties

I wish I lived in your world. It would be easier to understand.
>>
>>23354297

>bad for publicity

Gotta keep up the image that war is ok and everyone on our side is a hero, huh?
>>
>>23354150
This right here is why this fag will never be in the armed forces.
>forever an armchair commando.
>>
>>23354467

>Gotta keep up the image that war is ok and everyone on our side is a hero, huh?

Yes you do actually, because that's what everyone has always done in every successfully fought war in human history.
If your people don't support it, you're boned.
>>
>>23354444
Not every combatant US troops have killed in Iraq and Afghanistan have been Taliban.

Iraq was in better shape under the rule of Saddam.

Same deal with Libya. And if all goes to shit, soon Syria.

Besides, your soldiers have committed countless of warcrimes, they've killed civilians, tortured people, imprisoned them without trial etc etc. You are not the "good guys".
>>
>>23354537
I politely disagree.

The crimes of the Taliban and the crimes of ISAF are in two completely different galaxies.

And no offense, but if you keep riding MUH IRAQ for every situation, regardless of applicability, it's going to get old real fast.
>>
>>23354408

Your edginess is awesome. Where can I sign up for your blog?
>>
>>23354537

But most of the people killed by the Taliban and Iraqi insurgents were civilians so the US and their allies are definitely better than the people they are facing.
>>
>>23354467
>>23354524
That's why we pulled out of Vietnam
>>
>>23354556

Agreed.

>>23354537

> ISAF VET
> Kunar, COP Pirtle King
> We fought fair.
> We were NOT Iraq.

Taliban killed so many civilians, IEDs going off in the middle of the night on a car.

Taliban soldiers raping woman, husband comes home and kills two Talibani with shotgun. We are listening to this on radio. I watched 3 Taliban fighters take one women up a mountain, three came down.

Talibani kill MANY civilians. They are no ISIS, but they are, for the most part and for what they mean, NOT EVIL. Just Like The US.
>>
>>23354408
See OP, this is edgy. This guy has probably never slept outside. And he is getting mad on a chinese tapestry monthly bulletin. He is a pussy.

Soldier in your picture is just a dark motherfucker.
>>
>>23354646

Yep.
Most succinct yet accurate explanation I've seen on /k/
>>
>>23353711

No, military life is just so gay that at some point or another all of your fucks fly away like a flock of geese, and after that your at the whims of your own boredom.

>>23354537

I'd be willing to wager that the amount of civilians wrongfully tortured, killed, and imprisoned without trial is now less than before we invaded (not counting civilians hurt by ieds, and other insurgent devices).
>>
>>23353758
>>23354043
All this talk of whites but not the true blight of the American armed forces: niggers and spics.
>>
>>23354537
saddam the guy who gassed thousands of people?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halabja_chemical_attack

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights_in_Saddam_Hussein's_Iraq
>>
File: liberal-tears.jpg (14 KB, 336x346) Image search: [Google]
liberal-tears.jpg
14 KB, 336x346
You guys realize how goddamn stupid you look debating shit you aren't even qualified with experience to debate? Especially you pretentious preachy terds. It's the equivalent to /k/ommandos listening to progressive liberals like Feinstein educate us on firearms. It's absurd. I'm all for discussion and debate, but I fucking hate when people with no literal experience speak in fucking absolutes about shit because they've read a book, watched some one sided documentaries, and hung out on /pol/
>>
>>23355816

Remember I lost the war in Iraq by shooting spotters.
>>
>>23355816
Go fuck yourself tripfag.
>>
>>23354646
we pulled out because domino theory was bs and the political climate at the time made it impossible for the US to actually win
>>
>>23355537
Say what you will about Saddam but atleast he kept the trains running on time ;^)
>>
>>23355849
Let us never forget you silly kafir
>>23355884
Whatever, it's fucking true. I literally feel like I'm listening to elementary school children. But you're all so caught up in your bullshit to realize how goddamn dumb you sound.
>>
>>23353711
>are most soldiers edgy

Not really, testosterone and desensitization are a bad mix

When I was in Afghan, one guy fucked up a mule/donkey quite badly with a grenade (by mistake), allot of guys were super torn up it.

But the same guys were cold as fuck when dealing with terry's bodies.

War is weird like that
>>
WHUT MAKES THE GRASS GROW
BLUD BLUD BLUD
>>
>>23355941
whatever cunt nobody cares what you think. Hide the fucking thread if it bothers you so much.
For anyone else interested, more link to rekk anti gunners

http://oldsite.vcdl.org/new/raging.htm

http://rense.com/general76/univ.htm

http://www.law.harvard.edu/students/orgs/jlpp/Vol30_No2_KatesMauseronline.pdf

http://www.factcheck.org/2014/06/spinning-statistics-on-school-shootings/

to prove statists wrong about background checks:
https://www.atf.gov/files/forms/download/atf-f-4473-1.pdf
>>
File: scan0004b.jpg (174 KB, 1000x784) Image search: [Google]
scan0004b.jpg
174 KB, 1000x784
>>23353711
How edgy is this?
>>
>>23356004
Damn forgot what thread I was in
>>
>>23353758
u b funny
>>
>>23356004
What thread are you replying to assclown? This is the edgy psychopath soldier thread. Get it together
>>
>>23356005
pretty edgy old man
>>
>>23355965
We lost our big momma goat to a stray round and we lost her little baby goat(coco) to a mortar on our COP in Baghdad. They were our pets. We took to the muhollas with all of our bottled rage and cleared block after goddamn block rounding up any suspected Mahdi Army terd.Coco's Revenge was the name of the operation. Heh. Haven't thought about that until today. RIP Coco you little QT
>>
File: scan0001b.jpg (110 KB, 1144x848) Image search: [Google]
scan0001b.jpg
110 KB, 1144x848
>>23356022
I may be old but at least I did it.
>>
>>23353758
>implying rednecks are all dumb
>>
>>23356126
unblank the class number and then we'll talk
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.