[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I recently read that new versions of the Reaper can break 30
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: MQ-9 Reaper.jpg (91 KB, 645x230) Image search: [Google]
MQ-9 Reaper.jpg
91 KB, 645x230
I recently read that new versions of the Reaper can break 30 hours of flight time. At the same time it seems like most new UAVs and UCAVs being made can at least break 30, with many even getting into 40 hours of endurance.

That said, how does switching out crews work? Are there reserve crews ready to swap in after a certain hour mark if needed or is it a shift-type situation?
>>
File: horror.jpg (66 KB, 528x792) Image search: [Google]
horror.jpg
66 KB, 528x792
>>28081050
No, they outsource to India
>>
>>28081050
I'm stationed at a base that has a reaper squadron, tho I don't work on them I know a cyber transporter and some pilots who do.
For each flight, there's a pilot and a sensor operator. Both work 8 hour shifts, after that shift they are relieved by another crew.
There are a dick ton of pilots and sensor operators for every bird, depending on the mission most flights don't go over the 24hr mark as there is really no need.
Now other agencies and branches operate drones also but that's all you get to know.
>>
>>28081050
(At least for the controllers) Shift in and out almost like a normal 9-5 except you watch people that you might have to kill sometimes.

Idk about the lauch crew or maintenance, I imagine a lot of getting stuff ready and standing by to standby though
>>
>>28081050

Skynet derected
>>
>>28081177
I'd imagine the CIA to play a lot more fast and loose with their drones. A lot less "we suspect this guy lets tail him for a week then decide" and more "our source says he's there, time to blow it"
>>
>>28081268
Depends on the mission.
>>
>>28081177
>>28081194
Thanks for the answers. So I guess it is really just basically a normal job if you're operating out of the States. With some killing on the side.
>>
>>28081315
It's really dependent on how well staffed your base is.
Some mos will have the bare minimum crew because of high tech school failure rates and low interests in the field and those guys could be pulling 15hr shifts.
>>
>>28081315
If you really want to do it go CIA, pays better and you'll get to see Iraq tan, Afghan beige, Libya light brown, Yemen Yellow and Pakistani brown
>>
>>28081050
>I recently read that new versions of the Reaper can break 30 hours of flight time.
>Reaper
No. The Grey Eagle can, but it's a Predator variant, not a Reaper variant.
>>
>>28081779
>Supporting the Wedding Crashers
Shig
>>
>>28081805
http://defense-update.com/20150916_reaper_er.html#.VmENPL-D6wJ
>>
>>28081825
>Hating the real government
Truth be told they don't give a shit about us, as long as domestically everything runs smooth so they can run Washington through Langley
>>
Why would I give a shit about brown people?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.