[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do Pakistan, Israel, France, and India have nukes? North
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6
File: 1444077650330.jpg (232 KB, 1191x719) Image search: [Google]
1444077650330.jpg
232 KB, 1191x719
Why do Pakistan, Israel, France, and India have nukes? North Korea and former soviet states I can understand, but what gives with these guys?
>>
>>28076398
india has nukes because pakistan has nukes, isreal has nukes because arabs and they are good at international espionage. why wouldn't france have nukes?
>>
File: 94ULJN9C4T8F0001.jpg (82 KB, 968x575) Image search: [Google]
94ULJN9C4T8F0001.jpg
82 KB, 968x575
>>28076398

Pakistan got Nukes as deterrence after the humiliating defeat of the first war (Indian soldiers triumphantly marched around Paki cities).

Pakistan realized that it was no match for a convention 1 vs 1 war, so the military decided to enrich some uranium.

India soon responded by making their own. Pakistan and India thus had their own mini Cold War of nuclear deterrence (and they still do to this day.

Israel just wants to fuck my Middle East up, son. Can't blame them because they are surrounded by mortal enemies, including a nuclear power (Iran).

France because Muh NATO and "I am a big boy too, America" statement.
>>
>>28076447
Pakistan has nukes because India has nuke in the first place. India has nukes because China has them. China has nukes because USSR gave them.

Israel has nukes just in case those arabs get past their differences and become united and fuck their shit up. It's unlikely to see arabs agree on something, but you never know.

Also, apparently, saudi arabia got their shit from the chinks. We had to turn blind eye on them because all the presidents (yes, with an "s") are under their payroll and we don't want 1973 to happen ever again.
>>
>>28076398
Why wouldn't France have nukes?
>>
>>28076398
More interesting question, who is the most improbable or most undeserving to have the bomb?
>>
File: I_support_everyone_s_troops.png (44 KB, 550x536) Image search: [Google]
I_support_everyone_s_troops.png
44 KB, 550x536
>>28076489
>tfw a united arab vs. jew electric boogaloo 2 would end with them nuking eachother
I need this
>>
>>28076398
Why wouldn't they?
>>
>>28076398
>>28076447
>>28076488
>>28076489
Israel has nukes because Samson Option.
>>
>>28076398
The best part is if the Indians and Pakis decide to go at it they'll probably detonate enough bombs to cause a global ice age.
>>
>>28076489
>saudi arabia
wat?
>>
>>28076508
They think the French can trust America to protect their interests
>>
>>28076398
Former Soviet republics have no nukes. We got all of them when we left.
>>
India and Pakistan have nukes because they hate each other.
Israel has nukes because they are surrounded by enemies.
France developed nukes because of the threat of the Soviet Union during the cold war.
>>
>>28077136
Yeah, what happened to the rest of arabia?
>>
In the post-war era, we wanted to keep a military and political independence on the United States, hence the nukes, the aircraft carrier, etc...
>>
>>28077097

>Believing Nuclear Winter theory
>Ever
>>
>>28076488
not sure indians marched around paki cities, they got as far as the outskirts of 1 city, bu paki troops were deep inside india so both sides decided to withdraw back to square one. otherwise india would have expanded its territory. anyway right about them gettin nukes to stop india and pakistan going conventional. the cia helped pakistan alot. ussr helped india alot. pakistan decided to go nuclear after detonated its atom bomb (got from russia) to piss off america .what a mess but at least everyone was one 1 side or another
>>
>>28080764
pakistan decided to go nuclear after india detonated its atom bomb (got from russia) to piss off america... sorry typo..
>>
>>28076763
israel superior to everyone. they believe they are the chosen people. hence samson option.
>>
>>28080784
india did detonate to pee off usa - not sure it got its atom bomb in 1 piece from russia (ussr) but did get alot of assistance.
>>
research about the geopolitics of that region and then come again with a less stupid question.
>hurr why chickens have wings
>>
>>28076524
Not many anctual need to 'have' the bomb.

Any industrilised country will have a soft nuclear capacity, being the ability to throw one together in a couple of weeks.
>>
fucking jews and their samson option, swear to gad if they every pull that shit, imma go murder fuck the 2 jew families in this town
>>
>>28077097
nigger, you know they only have a few hundred kilotons between them right?
>>
>>28077097
Imagine the smell of their nuclear poo
>>
Just having nukes doesn't mean much when the highest yield nuclear test you claimed to have conducted is only a few dozen kT, with the figure itself being dubious (talking about India here).
>>
>>28080811
That "chosen people" thing you keep mentioning, I don't think that you understand what it means.
>>
India wants to be a superpower
Pakistan wants to not get ass whupped by the OG injuns again
Israel because they are the chosen people
France ...I genuinely don't know. Russia has never been on bad terms with them since Napoleon but I guess to be relevant in the world would be a good reason
>>
>>28076489
>China has nukes because USSR gave them.

No
>>
>>28084407
France was the front line when the dirty borscht (controlled by the commies) roll out again.

Plus I think they were on bad terms with NATO at the time.
>>
>>28078594
France built nukes because of UK. It's intolerable for them if brits have nukes and they don't.
>>
Before WW2 France had a team working on potential use for nuclear energy. (IIRC they had three ideas; civilian reactor, atomic bomb and a nuclear power plant for submarine).

After the war you can look at De Gaulle as to why the french developped the bomb:

>Within ten years, we shall have the means to kill 80 million Russians. I truly believe that one does not light-heartedly attack people who are able to kill 80 million Russians, even if one can kill 800 million French, that is if there were 800 million French.
>>
>>28077136
They bought DF-21 ballistic missiles as well as possibly few nuke warheads.
>>
>>28076398
France wanted to stay politically relevant after they were getting shut out of international affairs

De Gaulle also kicked NATO out of France at one point.
>>
>>28084787
He also kicked FFL ass. How is that helping france to stay relevent?
>>
>>28077265
like they did on 13/11/15?
no european trusts america to protect anything but THEIR interests. as long as a non-soviet europe is (was?) part of the US' best interest, that is (was?) factually the same, but if that were not the case...
>>
>>28084787
France was never out of NATO, only of integrated command (and there was plans to reintegrate it in case of Soviet aggression).

>>28084807
If you're referring to the 1961 Putsch not only the FFL was punished.
Out of the four disbanded units, only the 1 REP came of the Legion.
The others being the GCPA (Air Force commandos), the 14 and 18 RCP (Paratroopers)
>>
File: BAISE OUAIS.jpg (78 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
BAISE OUAIS.jpg
78 KB, 640x427
>>28084475

Could be the true reason as we hate brits with all our hearts, but "muh independance" is probably the best answer as tonton Charles was very much on the honhon side.
>>
>>28076398
Because they can. Also countries without nukes can't into independent international policy.
>>
>>28084749
>If not for Hitler France would have detonated the first atomic bomb
>>
>>28084749
Holy shit
>>
File: 1448871988980.jpg (77 KB, 664x664) Image search: [Google]
1448871988980.jpg
77 KB, 664x664
>>28076398
>Why do

Because they successfully developed them. End of story.

What are u going to do about it now to stop them or convince them to give up the nukes?

Nothing.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.