[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.washingtonpost.com/post tv/politics/this-isnt-yo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: ap503035999184-1.jpg (3 MB, 5058x3456) Image search: [Google]
ap503035999184-1.jpg
3 MB, 5058x3456
https://www.washingtonpost.com/posttv/politics/this-isnt-your-daddys-gun-club/2015/01/13/de5295ee-9aba-11e4-86a3-1b56f64925f6_video.html

I guess this is a little stale, but what does /k/ think about these new higher-end gun clubs that are opening now? Most interestingly, they're apparently bringing in a lot of new women shooters.
>>
They're fine. I'm a member of one since the nearest "fun/no rules" range is an hour away. It's just a good range to actually get some dedicated practice in and it so happens to be nearby.

The one I'm part of has a simulation room and very clean facilities.

I think it's good more women are joining the hobby as well. The ROs are all totally 'proliberty' and you'll never hear anyone talk about how great biometric fingerprint scanners on guns are good. I think before now, gun ownership was mostly viewed as a "white man's hobby" and alot of the population felt unable to partake. This can only help secure 2nd amendment rights.

I even got my 61 year old mother to join and buy a gun after she's been a liberal Democrat most of her life.
>>
>>28027842
>high end clubs

>OP posts pic of basic bitch AR
>>
>>28028188
At best it's an SBR. Otherwise, someone took an AR pistol, slapped a rigid stock on it, and shoulder fired it.

That's a felony, OP. Don't get arrested.
>>
>>28027842
Wish I had one near me. Oh wait, I live in a commie state. I pay top dollar for bullshit bare minimum indoor range time.
>>
>>28027842
I have no problem with it. Seems a little crowded though. I like shooting around less people, just preference i supose.
But whatever gets new people interested in our sport is fine with me.
>>
>>28028108
how much does that shit cost?
>>
I've never seen one. Then again, I live in Chicago.
>>
Seems like it would be over the top expensive for shit I wouldn't care about like granite counter tops but I prefer shooting in the woods anyway.
>>
>>28028399
pretty much this, yeah.
>>
>>28028362
Tbh pretty expensive.
I think our bronze group membership was about $380 initial fee with $50 per month.

Comes with a bunch of perks
>4 cleanings per year
>10% training discount
>5% ammo and accessory discount
>FFL transfer fees waived
To name a few
>>
4 cleaning per year? Like, they will clean your guns? 5% off? Is the Ammo cheap? Free FFL could be very nice, and also the training depending on what kinds of training they do and their prices.

But shit, that's like 80 bucks a month for the first year, even if you go once a week that's still 20 bucks a week. I can't see that being worth it.
>>
>>28028431
I also factor in the money I save on gas.
My liberal mom and dad enjoy it and it's helping us connect more as a family.
We'll probably not renew after the year, but I sincerely believe the overall atmosphere contributed to their acceptance of shooting.

We even took a beginner class together and my mom told me afterwards, "I thought there was going to be a bunch of grisly biker guys, but I was surprised." Our class had alot of women her age who just wanted some form of defense, some guys who hadn't shot in years, and a slavic small business owner who had just bought his first gun.

It's just a very professional, relaxed setting which helps libs convert.
Probably not worth the money if you're a long time shooter though.
>>
>>28028431
I'm about to take a CCW course there.
>>
>>28027842
I hope it catches on and then super lib faggots drop their anti-fun stances. I swear if Apple released firearm accessories they would be all over that shit.
>>
>>28028406
>4 cleanings

I really dislike strangers I dont know touching my guns and would really only trust a smith to do a take down, hiw do I know they just didnt pull some schmo off the street and hand him a bottle of hoppes and a copper wire brush and say "go to town"? What happens if the cleaner makes an idiot mark on my $5000 nighthawk custom? Because the people showing off those types of guns are the same to join a luxury range...

>10% training discount

training is subjective and hard to put a value on, an advanced class may overwhelm a new shooter with info but might be just be regurgitating info to someone like me, there is no standardization of classes or cirriculum and so that 10% doesnt mean anything in terms of value.

>5% ammo/accessory discount

Im sure they can do better than that, especially for ammo

>FFL transfer fees waived

this could potentially make it worth it if you buy a lot of used guns. But again, the kind of people dripping $400 for initiation and $50 a month for a glam range probably aren't looking for deals on armslist
>>
File: libtard meme.jpg (88 KB, 600x435) Image search: [Google]
libtard meme.jpg
88 KB, 600x435
>>28027842
Looks pretty nice actually. 40 dollars per month for a gun range, pool table etc.

Probably nothing i would pay for but if they manage to bring in more women etc in to gun its good. If the US wants to keep it second amendment in the long run they need to kill the gun stereotypes (pic related) because if nothing changes the libtards will sooner or later vote to remove the second.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.