[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rate my bug out bag. I'm getting a better bag in the mail
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: innawoods.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
innawoods.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Rate my bug out bag. I'm getting a better bag in the mail and I've got a shitload of shells and 7.62x54r. Post your own BOBs.
>>
>>30663157
Are you able to actually tell us what you have or lay it out in a way that's not retarded?
>>
>>30663192
You can see it all in the picture.
An axe.
a mosin.
a maverick.
some pain pills and sleeping pills.
a can opener, nail clippers,sharpening stone, knife, zippo lighter with fluid, flint and wicks.
some ammo, bayonet, multitool, gun cleaner with the proper cleaning kits for both guns and an ammo pouch.
>>
>>30663322
Ok, you need to add some calorie dense food, a mess kit, at least 3 liters of water carrying capacity, a way to filter and purify water, some actual first aid gear, cordage, duct tape, another 3 ways to make fire, a half dozen trash bags to serve as tent, sleeping bag,and tarp, a good fixed blade knife, a good folding knife, a dozen feet of stainless steel wire, foul weather gear, leather gloves, maybe winter gloves, hygiene gear, spare socks and underwear, eyepro, and a hat.

Lose the bayonet.

The above list isn't all-inclusive, but it'll get you going in the right direction.

The most important thing to have with a BOB is your planned destination. If your intention is to just run innawoods and operate, you'll be another statistic within a week. If you don't know where you're going, you're just another refugee. Keeping in mind, of course, that your best survival tactic is to bug in.
>>
>>30663157
You've never actually had to use that knife -- or any knife -- to do things, have you?

Also, toss the Zippo and just load up on Bic lighters while you're learning how to use a knife to do things. The fuel in a Bic doesn't just evaporate away over time, it's lighter, and several Bics weigh less and provide more redundancy than a Zippo. Zippos are to look cool, not to rely upon. Also, after you learn how to use a knife to do things, get a fire steel.

Re: ammo. You're going to hate humping all that 12ga ammo, so forget it. You're also going to hate running out of Mosin ammo.

It literally looks like the only thought you put into your "BoB" is how to troll /k/.

1/10 BoB troll thread.
>>
Any faggot with nailclippers deserves to be taken down by the chimpout or zombies.
>>
>>30665946
He needs it to commandeer planes

t. The TSA
>>
>>30663157
4/10 maybe.
You're lugging around 15lbs of guns for starters. Then on top of that you're clearly favoring the shotgun when it comes to ammo. Dump the shotgun and add more rifle ammo. I'd say get a better rifle but you're probably hung up on it for some reason or don't have a better option.

Drop the zippo get a pack of cheap bic lighters. They're lighter to carry and the fuel will stay in them forever unless they get crushed or broken somehow. They also don't require that scad of spare parts you've got there. Add a second way to start a fire. Get a smaller whetstone. Put your medical supplies in something water tight.

Then follow what >>30664308 said.
>>
>>30666002
Good advice, anon. Like you actually know what you're talking about.

>Get a smaller whetstone.

I'd probably add that OP learns how to use a whetstone (it looks like it's been used dry and the blade applied inconsistently...and it may be too coarse).
>>
You need some decent fucking socks, decent fucking boots and a decent fucking sleeping bag. You need a means to carry and store water. Lose the axe, choose one long arm only. you need decent headgear, and a means to have your ammo instantly ready. Some oil and CLP for your rifle. I personally believe you must have something to give you comfort- music or a book, otherwise you loose the mental edge.
>>
>>30666111
>something to give you comfort

that's what guns are for
>>
>>30663157
Dude, i'm gonna type as sober as possible, that honestly looks fcking pathetic and digusting compared to my bob. and I'm being one hundred percent serious. Sorry we dont pack sht that was perviously in cans. you're a fuking joke dude, and im dead fuking serious. gert areal family that rucks good bags, drinks beer and wine and winecoolers and has a good fuking time, and has a milliondollar house on the beach, im seriously.. dont eever potst your fuking poverty bob on these forums ever the fuk again bro, and by bro i mean never my bro, fuking phaggot.
>>
>>30663157
Everyone forgets basic medicine. Don't. It will be the one thing that saves your life. During the war in Bosnia we had everything by eventually had to leave because I was wounded and we had no medical supplies.
>>
>>30666839
Shiiiet were you really in bosnia? Got any good stories anon kun?
>>
>>30666111
>Lose the axe

>bugout bag
>no axe

What you are wanting is a slow suicide kit.
>>
>>30666831
I'm happy to see this pasta still going around and being changed
>>
>>30663157
>two full length firearms
>one wood (a nugget no less)
>bolt action without any kind of scope
>full size ace with wood handle
>whole bunch of zippy shit (not Bic or pretty much any other alternative)
No food? Water? Shelter? Medicine?

Confirmed for having never gone camping.
>>
>>30663157
I'd lose the nugget and mav in exchange for either an AR or AK. That rifle there would get you in a shit position having to rely on clips and whatnot. You could probably trade both of those in for a WASR or some shit.
Axe... not keen on it muhself, but if you really wanna stick with one I'd find a lighter one.
Have you thought about taking tarp? Something to use to make rudimentary shelter?
I like the zippo and zippo parts, but I'd include one of those strike stones (I forget what they're called) and some cotton balls soaked in wax.
Also, at Wal-Mart they have these ration bars with like, a gazillion calories. I'd pack your shit full of those too.
Before I forget, one of them purifying water straws, and a solid cup too.
All in all, your heart's in the right place we just gotta put you in the right direction
>>
OP lose the shotty or the mosin, get a hat her not an Axe, bring a file to sharpen it, Idk about that knife. Water is a must, you can get half gallon plastic jugs at Walmart, also a compass.
>>
>>30663157

Your choice of guns is fairly bad. Unless you have a companion, you will only be able to bring one firearm due to weight. Also, what kind of environment do you live in? City, rural, etc? There's a reason the soviets made the m44 after stalingrad. The 91/30 is really unwieldly anywhere except open environments.

Sell both and buy an sks.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.