[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A random shit hit fan situation is presented to you, you hav
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
File: ak and fal.jpg (133 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ak and fal.jpg
133 KB, 1280x720
A random shit hit fan situation is presented to you, you have one and only one rifle you can have by your side to survive.
which do you choose? Why?

Can't go wrong with an ak obvs,
1. reliable
2. easy to use
3. easy to maintain.
4. stopping power, for any and all obstacles.

but the fal is a very close second.
For anybody underestimating its durability:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MK_R4mIk_I
>>
>>30654042
An AK's reliability depends on a lot of factors. There are some AK's that are shit, and some that are not.

FAL's are great guns too, but a lot of variables factor in to what I would carry in a SHTF situation, and after a lot of deliberation based on my particular environment, I wouldn't go with a .308.
And more than likely not an AK.

In my area, which is an urban environment, I'd need something that could be concealed easily enough, with versatility in terms of caliber and application.
I would probably go with an AR-15 with a 16 inch barrel for regular movement, and have a 10 inch .300 blackout upper receiver with a detachable suppressor stowed in my bag.
In this way, if I needed to, I could go hard-hitting suppressed with the change of an upper, and switch back to the more commonly available 5.56 platform if needed.

I don't really believe in the "scavenging" thing as far as ammo is concerned. It will probably be extremely unlikely, and you'd probably have to get into some deep shit just to get to ammo and supplies in general.

But IF I found ammo, it would probably be .223/5.56, 9mm, or 12 gauge.
But most likely, a person will be stuck with whatever they had stocked before an SHTF situation came down.
>>
File: 20160716_130930.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160716_130930.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
>>30654042
The FAL, because it's the only one I actually have.

Also because I live in Texas, and there are plenty of wide open spaces.
>>
akm
>>
>>30656040
>Baby Shit Blotch camo
>>
>>30654042
AR15
>>
>>30654042
AK because weight.
>>
File: 1441407275728.png (789 KB, 1500x750) Image search: [Google]
1441407275728.png
789 KB, 1500x750
SKS. Cleaning kit in stock, great for hunting, outdoor defence. Ammo is plentiful. Stripper clips+chink ammo bandolier means less Wight for 200+rounds. Maybe a fold stock for compactness and making a bit lighter. A pistol for anything indoors though.
>>
File: tikka.jpg (97 KB, 800x300) Image search: [Google]
tikka.jpg
97 KB, 800x300
probably just a scoped hunting rifle in 243 so i can defend my perimeter from a distance and take longer range shots at any uniformed opposition that may arise
>>
File: 1320418501818.png (430 KB, 644x325) Image search: [Google]
1320418501818.png
430 KB, 644x325
Mosin Nagant because I'm a poorfag.
>>
>>30654042
> AKM-reliable so long as there isn't any mud around
Lmao
>>
>>30656006
>300 blackout meme round stowed away just in case :^)
>>
>>30654042
If I lived in a city I'd definitely bring my AK because it has the best capacity and I've got the most magazines for it.

But sadly being a parts kit (and my first one no less) the rivers are shit, and I don't have it fully zeroed (it hits about a foot up and left)

This wouldn't be a problem in a place like New York or any other large city.

However, a large city My town is not.

My FAL (no, still not finished) is going to be my go to rifle because 7.62RFN is NATO therefore it'll be something I can scrounge for easily (well, easier than 7.62x39) and it'll be a bit more accurate seeing as there are no rivets for me to fuck up.

Also, it's a battle rifle.
I could mount a scope on the sucker and hunt fairly large game with it as well as be much better off in a firefight (assuming I'm alone, something I don't want to be) seeing as I out range a good portion of people.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.