[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I had an idea for a new kind of pistol holster. I'm not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
So I had an idea for a new kind of pistol holster. I'm not from around here, but I'd like to see what the gun guys think.
Essentially, it's a holster with a keypad lock. If you don't enter the combo, it sends an alert to the local police. If a gang of dindus jumps you on the way home, you'll have backup before they manage to sulk into the shadows. If someone steals your gun, they'll be apprehended before they can do any damage.
And, yeah, it'll probably be prohibitively expensive.
>>
>>30627232
>Oh shit I'm getting jumped!
>Let me input my 9 digit code while getting the shit kicked out of me
>Fuck, I messed up
>ALERT
>SMART HOLSTER ENTERING LOCKDOWN MODE
>THE AUTHORITIES HAVE BEEN NOTIFIED
>Gang bangers laugh because they know I'm defenseless
>Take my gun and holster
>Police show up just in time to find my dead body
>Holster tracker was smashed and niggers have my gun with no punishment

Good try OP
>>
This is so fucking stupid its not even bait. What are you doing OP
>>
>>30627282
Op meant it would be unholsterable it qould just call cops
>>
>>30627282
You can pull it out, but it sends a signal to the cops. Otherwise, these are your options:

>hold nignogs at gunpoint, call cops with other hand
>they overpower you and/or run away while you're distracted

>disarm nignogs and let them go
>leaving criminals on the street, probably thirsty for revenge

>shoot nignogs, don't call police
>murder investigation traces bullets to your gun
>>
>>30627423
>burglar finds your gun
>pawns it/uses it for crime
>>
>>30627423
Honestly, who cares if they run away as long as you're alive. Also, police can't locate you based on cell signals due to how many towers they route through, so it wouldn't be as simple as you're imagining
>>
>>30627450
Or if a suicidal friend or family member takes it, the cops will be alerted and hopefully arrive before they go through with it. If nothing else, you'll be able to clean up before the stains set it.
>>
>>30627464
OR you leave it in a safe with a 9 digit code
>>
>>30627452
>Also, police can't locate you based on cell signals due to how many towers they route through, so it wouldn't be as simple as you're imagining
I was figuring something like a GPS signal.
>>
>>30627480
How would you relay that to the police
>>
>>30627493
>Collects GPS data from your phone
>Sends it to the police
>So fucking hard
>>
>>30627232
I already have a keypad with a lock that can contact police. Why get my gun involved?
>>
>>30627493
Phone call? It just directly calls the police and says, there's a gun situation at XXX coordinates, it comes up with a map showing the address, they tell the nearest squad car... Maybe I just watch too much CSI.
>>
>>30627509
So now you need a phone with a gps signal and a holster and let the police track you every where you go.

That's not the design laid out in the OP. I thought I just needed a magic holster.

>>30627535
So someone drops there holster police are called. Someone steals the holster and runs away the police are called. The police respond a few minutes later to your location because they dont know where the holster is (hey its location is reliant on your phone (gps) and tower location). You tell them it went that way and it was some puerto rican guy. And since it was all tied to towers and your phones GPS they have give up and go stop traffic.

A few years later this becomes low priority because so many people drop their holsters. Now you have to call in a GPS dropped holster reports to get a squad car out to you. If your fortunate your phone was also stolen and they can recover the torn up holster.
>>
>>30627678
>I thought I just needed a magic holster
That's absolutely all you need. The GPS, the caller, it's all in a small computer in the holster. Once your gun is out, I suppose they could steal that, but the cops are still on their way.
>>
>>30627719
So a holster with batteries...and they could steal my gun but I'm left with a holster and police 4 minutes away...all the while I still have something in my pocket with batteries that can call the police who are 4 minutes away.

>you'll have backup before they manage to sulk into the shadows
Thats 4 minutes. I'm more in favor bio locks on the actual gun then a psychical keypad on the holster. But, They're both bad ideas. Putting locks between you and your attacker is a horrible idea. Police are never ever going to be there before you can use your own gun to protect yourself. And me having to interact with police because I get the combo wrong every now and again seems like a nightmare.

Good thought, good intentions but its garbage.
>>
A few minutes is a fucking long time when shit goes south OP. Yea its nice that it tells the police that they need to show up but by the time they get here its probably gonna be over one way or another
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.