[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gun banning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35
File: 3084330.jpg (12 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
3084330.jpg
12 KB, 320x180
So now happened what i always said.

In nice in france a guy drove a truck in a crowd and killed about 80 people.
Now we will see speeches to ban assault trucks with more than 3 gears and 30 horsepowers......or will we?

Always when i argued with antiguns i always said " witj a ig car or truck you can kill many more people than with guns AND no reloading!

so how would antiguns react ?

Ban trucks? Limit their speed to 10 mph?
>>
>>30628002
1. Find out what kind of truck it looks like.

2. Ban all scary cars made by the same manufacturer.
e.g. It's an truck made by mercedes, ban private ownership of SUVs like the G-class, GL, vans like Vario, and sports cars.
Due to truck like features like "trampling horses", "bomb carrying trunks", and large "killer wheels" that turn them into assault cars.

As we see in the EU gun ban discussions it is irrelevant if these cars are not in the same class, or the truck a heavier type illegal to use with a normal driving license.
>>
>>30628064
3. forgot to add that the ban would than be widened to all other cars with the same truck like features.
>>
>>30628064
it was a regular unassuming flat faced big rig truck.
>>
False flag to extend state of emergency.
>>
>>30628002
Can anyone explain to me why we need vehicles with more than 80hp? Unless you live in Germany, highways are limited to 120 to 130km/h and even in Germany unlimited parts are getting rare. Therefore all vehicles should have their power limited, chip tuning should be forbidden, and racing accessories like spoilers should be more regulated.
>>
File: military-style-assault-truck.jpg (142 KB, 500x355) Image search: [Google]
military-style-assault-truck.jpg
142 KB, 500x355
>>30628101
Found a pic of the truck
>>
>you don't need a gun, just call the police

You don't need a car, just call a taxi.
>>
We should start a petition to ban killertires-high fuel capacity-that lever thing that goes down trucks.
>>
>>30628002

Bad shit's gonna happen. It's a sad fact of life. No matter what you ban some psycho is gonna find a way to fuck shit up. No matter what he ends up using chances are he spent months thinking up different ways to do it. If he couldn't use one thing he would have used another. I'm sad to see this happen so shortly after the last attack in Paris and I'm sure someone somewhere is going to call for something to change. Something to be banned or some right to be revoked. It's human nature I suppose. In their own way those kinds of people are just looking for the same thing we all want. A way to feel in control of the situation. In the end though you have to recognize you'll never have that completely.
>>
>>30628144
>and racing accessories like spoilers should be more regulated.
but they are. In most countries having dimensions exceeded is defective/unlawful. A sharp GT wing on the back of your civic is likely to decapitate a pedestrian.
>>
This was clearly caused by global warming, all transport should be done by bike.
>>
Guns are built, designed and used to kill people.

Trucks are built, designed, and used to transport goods. They are extremely useful and their legal status is justified despite the risks.
>>
>>30628406

>They are extremely useful and their legal status is justified despite the risks.

Same with guns.
>>
File: confused_service_rifles.jpg (60 KB, 472x614) Image search: [Google]
confused_service_rifles.jpg
60 KB, 472x614
>>30628064
>>30628002

>Trailer balls are now considered an assault feature; Banned in California unless you bolt your gas lid down
>>
File: shrug.jpg (17 KB, 350x277) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
17 KB, 350x277
>>30628002
>Complain about antigunners politicizing shootings for their own gains
>Politicize non-shootings for own gains
>>
>>30628460
Sounds fair to me.
>>
>>30628002
This will still result in calls for gun bans, since the guy had guns and explosives in the truck and allegedly also exchanged gun fire with police.

Only action on automobiles would just be installing more bollards and shit so people feel safe, but most likely nothing.

That said, Europe does seem to have really dumb auto laws, some of which states in the US have or have considered adopting (SF tried to pass toll for entering the city via freeway and highway, a handful of states have speeding cameras)
>>
>>30628157
>ban assault air deflectors now
it helps divert incoming airflow and makes the truck more aerodynamic, delivering more thrust per peddle press allowing it to reach autobahn speeds in SECONDS
>>
>>30628002
>guns only made to kill
>used to kill
>truck made for transport
>used to kill

degenerates can use anything to kill even a spoon, but it matters that how efficent the thing used to kill and because guns are made to kill they are the best for it

inb4 some amerifat retardation, idc
>>
>>30628002
#BANassultTRUCKS
>>
File: 1288827162735.jpg (405 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1288827162735.jpg
405 KB, 600x600
Ban guns they said, it is the most effective way of killing they said...
>>
>>30628530
5.56 was designed to wound not to kill. 7.62x39 is even less dangerous. And I don't even want to speak about >lol it's only 9mm
>>
>>30628418
Trucks are used properly and serve millions of people in the US every day. Guns can sometimes save lives, but mostly they are responsible for nefarious acts and accidents. So no, the advantages do not outweigh the risks.
>>
>>30628530
I'm actually curious now- has anyone been convicted of murdering someone using a spoon?
>>
>>30628569
Probably, but an any rate, an american soldier has an MRE spoon kill.
>>
>>30628157
Is that a FAMAS?
>>
>>30628564
No, Mr. Anti. Guns are used defensively far more often in the US than they are to commit crimes. Check the FBI's data.
>>
>>30628601
Provide proof.
>>
Believe it or not, heavy metal objects moving at high speeds can kill people

Here in America, you can legally purchase a gun and drive your car into a median at 80 mph and die but don't you dare fucking touch that beer bottle bro
>>
>>30628406
yeah but guns are fucking cool. They make cool explosions and have cool levers, bolts and slidy things that you get to play with. Trucks aren't. They are big, smelly and are occupied by people who do meth and eat hotdogs out the gas station. They also piss me off on the highway.
>>
>>30628609
Do your own damn research. Google isn't that hard.
>>
>>30628629
>Trucks aren't fun to operate
You wut m8?
>>
>>30628591
if you're referring to SSgt Fed at Camp Bucca. That was a myth
>>
>>30628002
Well, that sure was a nice kill-streak.
>>
>>30628598
A Hind D?
>>
>>30628609
No. I post this shit every week. Look it up.
>>
File: 1284413385661.jpg (52 KB, 600x535) Image search: [Google]
1284413385661.jpg
52 KB, 600x535
>>30628609
Have fun reading faggot.

http://www.nap.edu/read/18319/chapter/1#v
>>
>>30628656
Thanks, anon. I really couldn't be bothered to look it up for him right now.
You're a cool guy.
>>
File: 1285146077416.jpg (9 KB, 238x251) Image search: [Google]
1285146077416.jpg
9 KB, 238x251
>>30628674
Not a prob anon. Have this shit bookmarked.
>>
File: Bigboss.jpg (9 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
Bigboss.jpg
9 KB, 300x168
>>30628651
Colonel, what's a French truck doing here?
>>
>>30628002

This attack took place in another country you stupid fuckwitted piece of shit.

Your gun politics have no resonance there. No meaning.

Your post is shit and you should kill yourself with your favourite handgun.
>>
>>30628656
Thanks, I'll give this a read
>>
>>30628002
trucks have valid purposes other than murdering people and, in fact, speed limiters are absolutely a thing on most consumer automobiles.

it's also a big part of urban design to limit the passage of vehicles with things like trees, raised planters, or outright putting concrete pylons and other sorts of barriers down
>>
How would your gun have protected you from a fucking truck?
>>
>>30628746

Do you say that to people outside the US commenting on our gun laws?
>>
File: fassburton.jpg (75 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
fassburton.jpg
75 KB, 1024x683
>>30628794
Shot out the driver, tires, fuel tank. In every conceivable way,a person trained and praticed in the use of a concealed firearm and situational awareness will always be able to limit loss of human life.
>>
>>30628809
>implying shooting the fucking fuel tank would do literally anything at all of use
>implying you can make those shots in the first place
And even then, if you successfully hit the driver or tires, it's still moving forward at high speed and is going to hit people. If anything, all you've done is GUARANTEED loss of life, because the truck driver may have just been an idiot or inattentive and was about to slam on the brakes before you capped him.

Good job being a naziboo, though. Really making gun owners look great with that shit.
>>
>>30628794
The cops stopped the truck by shooting the truck driver dead while the truck was still moving.
>>
>>30628824
Did the truck instantly stop moving?
>>
>>30628794
You shoot the truck driver. The truck's windshield had a shitload of bullet holes. And contrary to people saying it will be fast, a truck is heavy, which means it will slow down faster when the foot is released from the pedal if it's in a flat road, like what we had here in this attack.
So if you shoot the driver dead, that means he won't be able to prolong the movement of the truck, which will happen 100% if you allow him to accelerate even further. If you shoot him dead, that truck won't move farther from the starting point once he gets killed and his foot releases the gas pedal due to shock.
>>
>>30628852
>You shoot the truck driver.
How would that make the truck stop moving? Trucks have a lot of momentum.

This isn't a gun or truck issue, it's an urban design issue. There should have been trees and pylons and shit lining the sidewalks and leading into pedestrian walkways.

I don't feel safe from trucks because people have CCWs and might try to shoot out tires or whatever john wayne shit you think goes down, I know I'm safe because there's trees and concrete flower planters and shit to stop errant trucks (and probably do just as good a job of killing bad/malicious drivers as a gun would)

Why are american shitlibs and alt-righters both so dumb and think everything comes down to gun control?
>>
>>30628834
As opposed to what? Let him just drive happily down the road and kill 80 people and injure 100+ in a 2 kilometer distance?
>>
>>30628460
I thought we were just making fun of them
>>
>>30628873
>This isn't a gun or truck issue,
that's right
> it's an urban design issue
but you're an idiot. It's the driver you should take care of, not the urban design. And not the guns. And not the truck.

Where was that driver from, again?
>>
>>30628873
Trucks only have a lot of momentum IF you let them have a lot of momentum you, moron.
If you shoot the fucker dead as soon as you can, that's less fucking time his foot is on the gas, meaning less acceleration, meaning less momentum, meaning because of the heavy weight of the truck, it will slow down faster and come to a stop sooner. Instead of 2km of driving down a road harming 180 people, it might have been just 30.

If the guy is dead, he also can't start zig-zagging targeting people on the road. The truck's crash will become predictable to the people who's seeing it and can run away faster.

This is why you're a fucking idiot. The same as the idiot libtards who say a gun would have caused casualties during a mass shooting. While there might have been collateral damage from a shootout, there'd have been less deaths in total because the mass shooter would have been shot death before he executed the entire classroom one by one.
>>
>>30628460
It's more of telling anti-guns that they're not thinking straight.
>>
>>30628794
You shoot the truck driver as you're looking for cover. Isn't that common sense? Shooting at the fuck also has a chance of making the shithead steer away from you.
>>
>>30628878
>Let him just drive happily down the road and kill 80 people and injure 100+ in a 2 kilometer distance?
There should have been shit in the way beforehand to prevent this kind of thing.

Truck killing sprees don't happen often, but there's plenty of drunk, inattentive, or just plain bad drivers ready to get behind the wheel of an E-250 van and accidentally clip a crowd. Why aren't there safety measures in place to keep cars and pedestrians separate?

>>30628886
It's way easier to plonk down a concrete barrier than to make all drivers better drivers and force them to not be terrorists in addition to being not-shit drivers.

>>30628890
>instead of just making it safe for pedestrians to walk around without fear of being hit by trucks, we should arm everyone and open fire on every truck we see

Why are americans so retarded and always go for the most insane solutions to simple problems?

Is it somehow a violation of your LE SEKUND AMENDUHMENT RITES to plant trees and erect flowerpots on sidewalks?
>>
>>30628910
THE PEOPLE WERE KILLED AS THEY WERE WALKING BACK INTO THE FUCKING HOTELS AFTER THE CELEBRATION SHOW AT THE BEACHFRONT.
If you're telling me that you'll make the entire fucking 2 kilometer road useless to traffic by putting a fucking pylon on them, you're a fucking moron. The damn riviera road had trees too. FUCK.
>>
>>30628910
>Truck killing sprees don't happen often
This is the 3rd time that this has happened in France in the past two years. It happened in the US and Canada already too.
>>
>>30628794
Retreat to cover while shooting to kill the driver. Yeah. That's how you protect yourself from a fucking truck with a gun.
>>
>>30628917
>cars should be operating on the sidewalk

Are you stupid homie? You put the pyons between the road and the sidewalk. Same as planting trees, putting down flowerpots, that sort of thing.
>>
>>30628946
First, I'm not your homie.
Second, the people killed in this attack were ON DRIVING ROADS.
Third, you're an idiot.
Fourth, the question was "How do you protect yourself from a truck with a gun?"
Fifth, guns don't magically create pylons.
Sixth, pylons aren't everywhere due to cost.
Seventh, THE FUCKING TARGET AREA IN THE ATTACK WAS A DRIVABLE ROAD. PEOPLE WERE ON A ROAD. NOT A FUCKING SIDEWALK.
>>
>>30628890
A tractor trailer moving at full speed needs about the length of a football field to come at a complete stop, while hitting the breaks.

Coasting would take even fucking longer.
>>
File: Covered-Wagon-Model-FSDM2.jpg (146 KB, 864x676) Image search: [Google]
Covered-Wagon-Model-FSDM2.jpg
146 KB, 864x676
this was the method of transportation the founding fathers had in mind when they wrote the constitution
>>
I wanna know what guns and grenades the guy had with him. If it had wood furniture its automatically an AK-47 when it comes to European media.
>>
>>30628960
>A tractor trailer moving at full speed needs about the length of a football field to come at a complete stop, while hitting the breaks.
A football field is 100 yards long.
This massacre occurred in 2 kilometers. That is 2187 yards, give or take a few feet.
So if you shot a tractor trailer driver dead at the 0.5 kilometer (over 500 yards) line, he'd have stopped at 0.59 (over 600 yards) kilometers.

That means close to 1.5 km that it would have not attacked anymore.
>>
>>30628958
>First, I'm not your homie.
You are now.
>>
File: anime van.gif (3 MB, 300x282) Image search: [Google]
anime van.gif
3 MB, 300x282
>>30628930
All the more reason to erect strong barriers on pedestrian pathways to prevent cars from careening down them at Incrediblh Hihg Speed, and roads should be modified to better encourage intended driving speeds through the use of curves and occasional speed bumps, and temporary chicanes (or full on road closures) when traffic is to be limited

>>30628958
>First, I'm not your homie.
i'll fuck you till you love me faggot
>Second, the people killed in this attack were ON DRIVING ROADS.
Why were they on the road? It's dumb as shit to open a road to pedestrians like that and not close it off.
>Third, you're an idiot.
gr8 argument
>Fourth, the question was "How do you protect yourself from a truck with a gun?"
the answer is "you don't" because the truck will still coast after the driver is killed
>Fifth, guns don't magically create pylons.
Who said they did
>Sixth, pylons aren't everywhere due to cost.
yeah man concrete and trees are fucking expensive, no city can afford those
>Seventh, PEOPLE WERE ON A ROAD
good job repeating yourself. Why were they on the road? It's dumb as shit to open a road to pedestrians like that and not close it off.

But hey, this is totally all about gun control and not a radical muslim driving a truck down a poorly secured street. It literally all could have been prevented if only they recognized france's second amendment rights!!! :^)
>>
>>30628977
supposedly the rifle and grenades were fake, pistol may be real
>>
File: image.png (404 KB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
image.png
404 KB, 1334x750
>>
>>30628960
Coasting wouldn't take that much longer. If you've ever driven a vehicle at speed limit, you know that if you stop stepping on the gas, it slows down 10mph in a few seconds. If it goes even slower, it just stops at some point.
>>
>>30628988
Whats the point of that lol.
>>
If you shoot Muslims BEFORE they get into trucks or pick up guns, then we could avoid all of this.
>>
>>30628995
Damn that one just hit me like a truck.
>>
>>30628987
Enjoy your homoeroticism by yourself.
>Why were they on the road?
BASTILLE DAY
>the answer is "you don't" because the truck will still coast after the driver is killed
IF you kill the driver, he can't drive his truck towards you anymore and finding a hiding spot becomes exponentially better.
>Who said they did
Question. Refer to question.
>yeah man concrete and trees are fucking expensive, no city can afford those
Concrete pylons cost a lot of money if you try to extend them along every sidewalk in a city. You have no idea. Trees also need maintenance. It's clear to me you've not attended community meetings before.
>good job repeating yourself. Why were they on the road? It's dumb as shit to open a road to pedestrians like that and not close it off.
BASTILLE DAY
>>
>>30628987
>I'll fuck you till you love me faggot

God dammit /k/...never change you magical bastards.
>>
>>30629017
>>
>>30628988
Pistol was real. It's a 7mm pistol.
>>
>>30628995
Appeal to emotion?
Liberals maybe stop being cucks for sake of chilluns?

Nah. Fuck that. Being racist is worse than murder. Even murdering children.
>>
File: NSX crash (4).jpg (55 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
NSX crash (4).jpg
55 KB, 640x480
>>30629018
>if you kill the driver of a truck, it loses all momentum and inertia
>you should shoot the driver of any trucks moving near you
>roads shouldn't be closed off for big pedestrian movements
>cities shouldn't have things on sidewalks to protect pedestrians from drivers in general

>it is literally a better solution to automotive manslaughters to just arm the populace with pistols than to engage in any kind of proper roadway or highway design to make it impractical to hit people with your car in the first place

death to america if this is what your people actually believe. i hope more muslims kill more westerners now, really.

>>30629026
>7mm
grody
>>
tell me, if I have a CCW and bring it with me to the bar, will it protect me from drunk drivers???

last week i almost got hit by a street sweeper being driven by a guy who fell asleep on the job, how could open carrying an AR15 have prevented this?????
>>
>>30628002
Ok here it goes... no joke this time.
>mandatory driverassist for all vehicles above 0.5 tonnes that make you break when they detect a annormally in front of them
You know it is gonna happen one day...
>>
>>30628555
556. Was made because other rounds would overpenetrate. 556 fmj would jaw on hit making a bigger wound than other rounds. So that targets would drop/die faster.
556 was designed to be more lethal faggot
>>
>>30628555
>5.56 was designed to wound not to kill.
no

when will americans stop spouting this shitty meme

>>30629048
I can't find it but there's a commercial for a new SUV where a woman almost runs over a kid, but the driver assist automatically slams the brakes.

This kind of shit is becoming the norm, because of morons like in this thread who think it's okay to let malicious and/or retarded people drive cars... Because other people might have firearms on them to shoot at bad or evil drivers.
>>
>>30628555
>5.56
>designed to wound
>not designed to give fighters more chances to hit a target with similar lethality
>believing myths about firearms

I bet you think a .50bmg passing an inch from your head would kill you.
>>
>>30629053
556. Is the military aproach to get the maximal tissue destruction out of the smallest round that makes sense. They kind of acceeded
>>
>Guns prevent automotive tragedies
>5.56 was designed to wound not to kill
>Sidewalks violate the second amendment
this is what americans actually believe
>>
>>30629065
>Americans
last person I heard say this shit was a Brit who also said he used to be in the Army.
>>
>>30629075
I have never heard a confirmed non-american say it, and only hear it on predominantly american boards like /k/ and arfcom and such
>>
>>30629040
The question was how do you protect yourself from a truck with a gun?
YOU SHOOT THE DRIVER DEAD.
A gun will not magically create pylons from thin air, so that's not how you defend yourself from a truck with a gun.
You fucking mentally-retarded inbred.

To add, learn how much what your proposal costs. A lot of cities can't afford the construction costs, the maintenance costs, and with rising pensions, that shit is just a pipe dream. That's the very same reason why infrastructure just about everywhere is poorly-maintained. Money don't grow on trees, you dumbfuck.

And the road was closed for the event. The truck just broke through them.

Fucking illiterate.

Can't even fucking read plain English. Doesn't even understand the question he posed himself.
>>
>>30629065
Just wait for the day when they tell you to go fuck yourself and let your csr drive by itself
>no steeringwheel. Just tell it where to go
>>
>>30629085
>The question was how do you protect yourself from a truck with a gun?
"shoot the driver" is a bad solution because the truck can still hit you or others and almost definitely will cause a lot of property damage
>>
5.56 can kill a person easily though.
>>
>>30629084
You probably don't hear it from non-Americans very much because most English-speaking countries have next to no gun culture, while the US is mecca for gun culture.
>>
>>30629091
>"shoot the driver" is a bad solution because the truck can still hit you or others and almost definitely will cause a lot of property damage
So the French cops were wrong to keep shooting at the truck while it was still moving? Because that's literally how they got the damn thing to stop.
>>
>>30629091
Kinda hard to stop a truck any other way.
>>
>>30629100
>Mecca for gun culture
>can't even buy Chinese guns like Canadians can
>>
>>30629089
https://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.com/2015/03/22/mississippi-passes-jesus-take-the-wheel-bill-exempting-church-drivers-from-commercial-licensing-statues/

can't fucking wait for someone to actually go full Jesus Take The Wheel and kill like fourty people.

But hey, mississippi totally has guns, so it's perfectly safe to let unqualified people drive minibusses just because they're church-goers. :)

>>30629102
>Because that's literally how they got the damn thing to stop.
So you're saying that they produced such a volume of fire that they were able to instantly stop a truck before it hurt anyone? Wow!!
>>
>>30629104
What if

Now bear with me

What if there was like

some kind of

barrier

preventing vehicles of all sorts

including trucks

from interacting with the crowd

that shit would be crazy man

but nah, you know what stops speeding trucks? guns. there is literally no other conceivable way to stop a moving object other than by firing at it with an AR15 pattern rifle
>>
>>30629109
>So you're saying that they produced such a volume of fire that they were able to instantly stop a truck before it hurt anyone? Wow!!
No, they shot the truck enough that the truck driver stopped after 2km of driving at people.
If they didn't shoot at the guy, he could have kept on driving or just double backed into everywhere else on the road, because first responders were on the scene almost immediately.

It's the same thing with mass shooters. You can't stop them from killing or injuring maybe 3 of your 30 buddies during a party. But he'd be dead before he killed the rest because you and some friends had a CCW.
>>
>>30628794
does that matter? It is beside the argument here.
>>
>>30629114
Literally how do you put those barriers in during an attack and all you have on you is a gun?
A private citizen normally does not have the money to put barriers on every sidewalk.
A private citizen does not have the governmental authority to even do that.
>>
>>30628987
so now that the guy was successful people will do it again.
>>
>>30629119
>after 2km of driving at people.
Real effective way to stop a truck, there, holmes. A truck taking a fucking mile to stop? That's some serious fucking braking power!

>>30629126
You're right. There's no way to have known that people would be in the street celebrating, being at higher risk than usual for automotive accidents or attacks. Truly, there was nothing that could have been done. There is literally no way to stop a vehicle other than with gunfire. Even cars' own brakes don't work as well as bullets!
>>
>>30629085
>A lot of cities can't afford the construction costs, the maintenance costs, and with rising pensions, that shit is just a pipe dream.
This. You'd have to break sidewalks open, causing slowdown in business at that area, lowering taxes, while spending money on something that you will have to maintain. You also have to worry about lawsuits since those are also hazards, and the fact that you will probably be spending billions of dollars to do this for every sidewalk in your city.
>>
>>30628555
my god it is summer
>>
>>30629107
Prohibited devicesEdit

Replica firearms (i.e.: "any device that is designed or intended to exactly resemble, or to resemble with near precision, a firearm, and that itself is not a firearm, but does not include any such device that is designed or intended to exactly resemble, or to resemble with near precision, an antique firearm")
Suppressors (i.e.: "a device or contrivance designed or intended to muffle or stop the sound or report of a firearm")
Handgun barrels that are 105 millimetres (4.1 in) and under (excluding barrels of pistols used in international sporting competitions governed by the rules of the International Shooting Union)
Electrical or mechanical devices designed or adapted to render the trigger mechanism of a semi-automatic firearm to discharge in a fully automatic fashion
"Any rifle, shotgun or carbine stock of the type known as the “bull-pup” design, being a stock that, when combined with a firearm, reduces the overall length of the firearm such that a substantial part of the reloading action or the magazine-well is located behind the trigger of the firearm when it is held in the normal firing position."[26] (i.e.: only removable stocks are prohibited by this regulation, fixed-stock firearms such as the FN P90 and IWI Tavor are excluded)

Prohibited ammunitionEdit

Handgun ammunition designed to penetrate body armour, for example: KTW and THV round, 5.7 × 28 mm (excluding sporting rounds such as SS196SR and SS197SR).[26]
Incendiary or explosive ammunition designed for use in or in conjunction with a magazine and does not exceed 15 mm in diameter.[26]
Flechette rounds[26]

t. Cananada gun laws
>>
>>30628612
what?
>>
>>30628746
It is an example of how gun control won't prevent mass murder. If you could not understand this then you are stupid.
>>
>>30629132
>literally conflating pre-event preparation with the question "How do you stop a truck with a gun?"
You're retarded, aren't you?
You don't stop trucks using a gun by building a barrier when it's attacking you. You shoot the guy driving the truck, you illiterate fool.
>>
>>30629126
>private citizens are the only people who can do anything about anything at any time
Fun Fact: "France" is not actually a country, and the cities and provinces in it are not actually owned by any known government. It is a truly lawless land, and no one takes care of the place other than individual citizens who keep up their own houses and gardens. The roads are all just trodden dirt paths, and the only thing keeping barbarians out are a series of white flags.

>>30629139
>gotten from wikipedia and not even edited to take the citation marks out
>doesn't actually say anything bad

>>30629147
Gun proliferation wouldn't prevent it either. It's almost as if this isn't a gun control issue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>30629150
never said it was doofus.
>>
>>30628746
Eh, not really. It goes to show that terrorists can kill more people with a truck than going inside a club and shooting people up with guns.
>>
>>30629148
>You don't stop trucks using a gun
coulda ended the sentence there
>>
>>30629159
>French police literally stopped a truck by shooting the driver with guns
>>
>>30629156
>never said it was doofus.
You all have been this entire thread, insisting that the only way to stop a truck is with a gun, and that preventative measures to keep cars out of crowds of pedestrians are somehow in violation of your rights and can't at all be reasonably undertaken by municipal governments and shit.

Death to America.
>>
>>30629161
>truck comes to a stop after two fucking kilometers of hitting people
Real effective solution.
>>
>>30628002
ban assault Muslims
.ie all Muslims
>>
>>30629165
No don't, just give everyone guns. Including the muslims. That will stop the muslims!!
>>
File: 1468133273463.jpg (425 KB, 1280x1251) Image search: [Google]
1468133273463.jpg
425 KB, 1280x1251
>>30629162
It is very relevant to the debate in america because there are people who think that banning guns is the solution to stopping mass murders. This is a good example of why that is not the case because someone managed to kill a large amount of people with just a truck.
>>
>>30629114
>put a barrier between road and sidewalk
>let's just change our environment and how we live because some muzzy used frenchies as speedbumps

If you weren't just being reactionary to tragedy, I'd agree with your sentiment. It really is strange we don't really see shit for barriers between walkways and roadways. They're distinctly different pathways with extremely different uses. You'd think we would have done something decades or centuries ago.
>>
>>30629162
THIS >How would your gun have protected you from a fucking truck?
is the fucking question, you retarded and illiterate inbred pondscum.
It is not "How would you have prevented this massacre?," where you would have been correct about placing pylons on the road, not minding the fact that doing that for every single sidewalk just in Nice would have costed billions of Euros.
You ask how people can protect themselves from a truck with a gun? People correctly answered the question: SHOOT THE DRIVER.

You. Are. A. Literal. Illiterate. Mongrel. Dumbass.
>>
>>30629171
>there are people who think that banning guns is the solution to stopping mass murders.
Why are you telling me specifically, then, that the ONLY way to stop a truck is to shoot at it, when I have NEVER in this thread proposed banning guns as a solution to anything?
>>
>>30629132
Those temporary barriers aren't actually long lasting. Especially if it was in coastal areas. The humidity would destroy that in a couple of years. Also, that's kind of expensive.
>>
>>30629179
I figured you where the guy I was responding to originally.
>>
>>30628064
>Assault cars
Kek'd
>>
80 people? That's all sorts of messed up.
>>
>>30628170
>Implying taxis aren't criminals of car smuggling
You don't need a taxi, just get on a train.
>>
>>30629182
>hey jean-francois, it's bastille day tomorrow so people are gonna be mucking about in the street a lot partying it up
>should we put some pylons and barriers and fencing up just for the day to keep the pedestrians safe?

>no jean-paul the salty winds coming off the sea will corrode them in a matter of years, it's pointless! let's just carry some extra white flags instead

>jean-francois, you always were the wisest womyn on the force
>>
>>30629150
>doesn't actually say anything bad
>replicas are banned
>suppressors banned
>large portion of concealed carry type handguns banned
>bumpski stocks banned
>bullpup setups of usually traditional style long guns, banned
>FLECHETTES banned

nigger what
>>
>>30629192
Even better as an analog to the police, you don't need a car, just get on the public transportation, that arrives and leaves according to it's own schedule instead of when you need it.
>>
Jesus fuck, this thread just proves that non-Americans should be banned from posting to /k/
>>
>>30629202
>literal illiterate retard conveniently ignores >>30629175
>>
It is literally impossible to stop a truck without using gunfire. FACT.
>>
>>30629162
mind your tongue. that's kebab talk right there at the end.
>>
>>30628002
Ban semi-automatic assaut trucks.
Make it very hard to drive them unless it's your job.
Make it expensive.
Ask what the EU think.
>>
>how do you stop a truck with a gun, /k/?
>police shoot the driver and the truck stops
>solution is to stop the truck by killing the driver with a gun
>>
>>30629216
>assaut
A new German brand of Volkswagen?
>>
>>30629192
Ban assault train.

The right to choo choo will not be infringed.
>>
A truck CANNOT be stopped without shooting at it. You have to shoot the driver. It's the only way to prevent terrorism. Arm the planet.
>>
>>30628564
>>30628564
>Almost 37%-40% civilian population owns firearms
In a nation of 300 million
>Less than .00001% of civilian owned firearms used to kill
>not even all of those killings are unjustifiable homicides
>99.9998% of firearms have not killed anyone

"MUH MUH TRUCKS ARE PROPERLY USED AND SERVE MILLIONS, GUNS ONLY SERVE 10 RACIST REDNECKS SOMEWHERE IN OKLAHOMA!"

K Y S
Y
S
>>
>>30629212
IVAN. TRUCK IS NOT OF STOPPING.

YOU FORGET SHOOST TRUCK, SIMPLE DMITRY. YOU WERE ALREADY KNOW OF RIFLE COMPONENT ON BRAKE SYSTEM IS OUT OF AMMO.

OH.

USE CUPHOLDER PEESTOL, STUPID.

I REMEMBER NEXT TIME, IVAN.
>>
>>30628363

Mel Gibson? You post on 4chan?
>>
>>30629235
>gets told exactly what a LE GUN GRABBRE would tell him
>gets mad
so are you saying that trucks are in fact murder machines and should be subject to the same hot button debating as guns are

tread carefully, nerd
>>
>>30628002
Still easier to get a gun than a truck
>>
>>30629026
>7mm
converted blank gun?
>>
gunfire is L I T E R A L L Y the O N L Y W A Y to stop a truck and there is N O T H I N G you can do to prevent a terror truck from careening into you other than firing at it there is no way to hide from a truck or to stop a truck
>>
>>30628794

I could have shot multiple people also running from the truck in their legs, using the precious total seconds that the truck spends swerving to get them to get further away.
>>
>>30629250
It was probably 7x6.5mm (.32acp) if it was a pistol.
>>
>>30629229
>nothing in the Constitution says anything about legs or feet.
>now, quit your bitching and scootalooty scoot your wheelchair-bound ass onto that train.
>you took your HRT pilleroonies this morning, right? can't be getting testosterone in that system.
>>
>>30629245
They are. More people are killed everyday by trucks and cars than guns in France.

Most of the sandniggers go in Algeria
>pay for permit
>don't even drive
>get equivalency in France
>have French driving license

THEY'RE KILLING US BECAUSE IT'S IN THEIR NATURE
>>
>>30629253
>what are road spikes

i mostly agree though
>>
>>30629253
but what if

WHAT IF

YOU HIT THE KEBAB DEATH TRUCK

PAY ATTENTION

>¿
>WITH
>ANOTHER
>TRUCK
>?
>>
>>30629175
>>30629230
>How would your gun have protected you from a fucking truck?
It is not
>"How would you have prevented this massacre?,"
>>
>>30629281
Road spikes are IMPOSSIBLE to deploy at ANY TIME and you CAN'T KNOW YOU'LL EVER NEED THEM
>>
>>30629253
>>30629292
>>30629230
It is not
>>
>>30629261
The more you know.
>>
>>30629273
>and should be subject to the same hot button debating as guns are

so what you're saying is you want trucks to be banned

>>30629290
shooting the driver doesn't protect you from the truck because the truck is still moving and can hit you just fine.
>>
>>30629227
That's Passat.
>>
>>30629292
BUT THEY EXIST, AND THEY HAVE BEEN USED, MARGINALLY, TO PREVENT TRUCKS FROM KILLING ROAD SPIKE OWNERS
CALTROPS WORK TOO, AND ARE MORE EASILY DEPLOYED. FAR MORE EASILY CARRIED. I COULD CARRY ENOUGH CALTROPS, IN MY WALMART BACKPACK, TO STOP UP EVERY MAJOR FREEWAY IN BARSTOW, CALIFORNIA.

YOU CAN'T JUST HIDE ROAD SPIKES IN A BACKPACK.

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
>>
>>30629213
DEATH. TO. AMERICA.
>>
>>30629308
If the truck driver is dead, he won't be able to steer the truck in your direction you're running to anymore. Because he's dead.
>>
>>30629212
kek this b8
>>
File: EU BAN TRUCK.png (104 KB, 1600x802) Image search: [Google]
EU BAN TRUCK.png
104 KB, 1600x802
>>30629216
>>30629227
>>30629310
>>
>>30629292
soon ...
>>
>>30629308
>truck still moving
>can still hit you

that only happens in Battlefield, stupid.

check out this faggit, thinking video games are realistic.
>>
The EU is going to start banning trucks, right? Because they're fucked up enough to do it.
>>
File: crashtest.jpg (246 KB, 1872x1404) Image search: [Google]
crashtest.jpg
246 KB, 1872x1404
>>30629318
>>30629320

If you think a gun can protect you from a car, I challenge you to go to a crash test lab, stand in front of the big wall they use, and see if wildly firing at the car they're testing manages to save you from getting crushed.

You may as well say that carrying a gun will protect you from drunk drivers hitting you.
>>
>>30629314
re.move.kebab.
>>
>>30629314
Islam? Is that you?

>>30629323
M A D M A N
>>
>>30629308
Yeah. Basically, fuck everybody that drives a big truck. They always drive like shit anyway.

NO YOU DUMBTWIT, I WANT THEM TO PASS A REAL FUCKING LICENSE AND BE RESPONSIBLE DRIVERS.

It's like everything else. It's the people that make mistakes, but hey, they fucked us good in France and Europe on guns, time to fuck them good on trucks.
>>
>>30629332

Or you could be a bystander and shoot from off to the side.
>>
>>30629332
>wildly firing
You have to actually hit it to stop it. The force of bullets flying past the car won't stop it if it doesn't actually interact with the car.
>>
>>30629332
False analogy. Crash test labs do not have human drivers in the truck. Automatic driving vehicles have radars making them brake automatically if they notice solid objects ahead.

If you shoot a driver trying to kill you, once he's dead, the car no longer has control and he can't aim its path at you any longer. You have a greater chance of surviving.

It's like if you shot someone trying to kill you with a gun and you kill him before he finishes aiming at you. That's a more apt analogy. What kind of stupid educational system did you graduate from?
>>
>>30629332
What the heck are you saying? That didn't even have anything to do with what you replied to.
>>
>>30629332

I invite you to drive a car up a 100 yd lane at the shooting range.
>>
>>30629346
probably the same place that teaches kids you can stop a truck without shooting it. fuckin retards.

captcha made me giggle
>>
>>30629332
I really don't understand, what the fuck else would you have done? Do you realize how expensive it is to put these "precautions" into EVERY SINGLE FUCKING CITY? I keep seeing you all over this fucking thread and I don't think you understand, just because a few people die doesn't mean guns are ineffective to stop the truck. Just stop, just think
>M A Y B E
>A
>Y
>B
>E

30 to 40 deaths is better than 180?
>I challenge you to go to a crash test lab, stand in front of the big wall they use, and see if wildly firing at the car they're testing manages to save you from getting crushed.
You wouldn't get crushed. Because I sure fucking hope you're not enough of a dumbass to just stand there instead of moving out of the way. Life isn't 100% safe, and if you think spending billions and billions just to put these
>P R E C A U T I O N S
into place would 100% stop any and all massacres or even massacres via vehicles, you should return to your asylum.
>inb4 islamic "DEATH TO AMERICA"
>>
>>30629346
>Crash test labs do not have human drivers in the truck.
Exactly my point. A moving object doesn't need a pilot to do damage, you fucking moron.

What would protect you personally from the truck is moving out of the fucking way. Guns are irrelevant to the situation.

>>30629356
>cars are normally being fired upon
Oh wait, I forgot that america is literally a third world country. Dat chiraq :^)
>>
>>30629365
>Do you realize how expensive it is to put these "precautions" into EVERY SINGLE FUCKING CITY?
Are you seriously saying it's not worth 80 lives to put up some fucking concrete barriers for one night on a major national holiday?

Seriously nigger?
>>
>>30629367
>Cars are normally driving into 100 yd lanes at shooting ranges
Oh wait, I forgot your euroshit country is literally a third world country.
>>
>>30629367
>A moving object doesn't need a pilot to do damage, you fucking moron.
A crash test car is specifically controlled to ram at another object at high speed. It is CONTROLLED.
A truck driven by a human needs that human to do several things:
1. put his foot on the gas pedal
2. shift gears
3. steer the wheel

If you kill the driver, all three things stop happening immediately. This isn't some kind of fucking video game. While the crash test car can be controlled to still hit you, the truck with the dead driver loses control and starts decelerating to slow cruising speeds almost immediately after he dies before it comes to a stop like it did in Nice.

Thank you for showing us that non-American education is apparently subpar.
>>
>>30629374
THE QUESTION WAS
NOT
>>
File: ehhh.png (67 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
ehhh.png
67 KB, 500x400
>>30628530
>Thing not designed to kill kills more than thing designed to kill
>>
File: 20160711_124455.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1536) Image search: [Google]
20160711_124455.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1536
>>30628509
Theyre called wind dams or atleats thats what we call them (i paint them for a living)
>>
>>30629394
I know right?
>>
>>30629374
I'm saying it's much more expensive than you think to put all of this shit up. Do you literally want to fucking block off the streets whenever some holiday or celebration is going on? Just waste millions and close off an area just because MAYBE somewhere someone might try and drive through a crowd?
It's very clear you don't understand how much this shit would actually cost. That and, even in a country like france, not every city has billions and billions on hand to just spend freely.
>Are you seriously saying it's not worth 80 lives to put up some concrete barriers for one night?
No. I'm saying it's not worth gambling that amount of money to put up barriers just because MAYBE some stray muslim might try to allahu akbar the crowd.
>>
So still no limiting of muslims ?
>>
>>30629365
>b-b-but its expensive ;___________;
So what? So's having roads in the first place. Are you seriously saying it's not worth it to put up some barriers and fences for one night to make sure shit like this doesn't happen, at least not on major holidays?

>You wouldn't get crushed. Because I sure fucking hope you're not enough of a dumbass to just stand there instead of moving out of the way.
It's almost as if shooting at it isn't the deciding factor, and having a gun does not in fact protect you from speeding cars

>inb4 islamic "DEATH TO AMERICA"
death to america, kill all americans

>>30629383
>It is CONTROLLED.
Objects have to be controlled to retain enough momentum to hurt people? Are you stupid?

A truck moving at 80mph isn't going to magically brake just because the driver has been killed. Even in normal situations, runaway trucks are enough of a threat that there's ramps built into highways for trucks whose brakes fail, because it's actually a serious danger.

>>30629392
>>How would your gun have protected you from a fucking truck?
It wouldn't have. The truck is still going wherever it was going. Shooting at it does not affect it.
>>
>>30629367
>do not have human drivers in the truck

THEN HOW THE FUCK DO THEY MAKE IT GO?
>he thinks crash test ratings aren't derived from how fuckin brutal and awesome it is to wreck fhe vehicle
It works like the defcon system. 5 stars is super lame. You might as well play on a swingset. 1 star is like riding a wooden coaster right after huffing a bunch of old spice.
source: my dad was a crash test driver in the early 2000s. it's how he supported the family right after I was born.
>>
>>30629367

You don't read English so good.

You've had some good points and some shitty ones and I just rotated off so I'll be sleeping soon, but I'll say this: a lot of people could make shots like that and have. In both main theatres of GWOT, VBIED were common. How do you think you stopped them in close contact?

A lot people on this board could make the shot. With collective military and LE experience I can shoot at a fast-moving target better than most people can move a fast-shooting target.

But no matter. I'll wake up in six hours to start my weekend drinking and this thread will be gone.
>>
>>30628873
>How would that make the truck stop moving? Trucks have a lot of momentum.
Shoot the engine with enough bullets and something will break causing the engine to seize.
>>
>>30629405
>It wouldn't have. The truck is still going wherever it was going. Shooting at it does not affect it.
Tell that to the cops who stopped the truck from driving more than 2km and may have saved thousands more people along the promenade.
>>
>>30629400
>just because MAYBE some stray muslim might try to allahu akbar the crowd.
what are drunk drivers
what are inattentive drivers
what are bad drivers

there's more than enough reason to put up barriers like that for a time when they are intending for pedestrians to take up a roadway. even at marches and protests, most cities will have cop cars cordon it off to prevent traffic from hitting the protesters or getting stuck on one-way streets.

>>30629406
>americans literally do not believe in momentum.
Insane.
>>30629410
>your dinky CCW will do enough damage to a truck's engine block to stop it INSTANTLY
Complete insanity.
>>
I'm gonna go down a bottle of wine and throw it off my balcony because once it leaves my hands it's not under control and certainly couldn't hurt anyone :)
>>
>>30629420
>non-Americans conflate two different questions into one, because he can't accept the Americans answered correctly on the first question
French cops stopped the truck by shooting the driver.
>>
>>30629410
That may also work, but it would be sufficient to transfer kinetic energy, through bullets, into trucks. Bullets have a lot of kinetic energy. Shoot enough at a truck, the truck will stop and even begin to roll backwards.
>>
>>30629420

>implying your dinky little weenie can do enough damage to your woman's pussy to please her instantly
Complete insanity.
>>
>>30628002
Hello, German guy here, not allowed to carry weapons

i wonder is there anything i can do to increase my readiness and defense still?
got any links or tips for survival or behaviour in case of terrorism or anything?
should i just get physically more fit?
>>
>>30629405
>So what?
And that's the first red flag. "So what? It doesn't matter how much it costs." Yes it fucking does. Freely wasting money like that is pointless and alarming.
Remember:
>Oh wait, I forgot that america is literally a third world country.
You know the argument I'm making. :^)

>It's almost as if shooting at it isn't the deciding factor, and having a gun does not in fact protect you from speeding cars.
???????????????????????
What the shit nigger? Are you seriously fucking implying you would rather the police NOT try to shoot the driver and instead allow him to drive down the entire road, just hoping that the civillians will find cover? Christ, you are actually fucking stupid. How else would you stop the truck in a situation like that, dipshit? I assume you're just going to keep saying that you would insist wasting billions, and that you definitely know what you're talking about. You're too young to be on /k/,
>>
I'm pretty sure you slow down very quickly once you let go of the gas even with no brakes. You probably would stop in less than a minute even if you were at 60mph.
>>
>>30629416
>thousands
>Muslim drives a truck into a large parade
>more death than 9/11
>only property damage is mild blood stains on the street and hard objects like pocketknives, phones, etc. being pressed into the asphalt, making it all bumpy
>>
>>30629434
Be more aware and literally think about every exfil point in every place you go to.
>>
>>30629428
>a conventional handgun or rifle has the necessary STOPPAN POWAH to move a semi truck

If this is true, then why aren't guns used to propel the truck in the first place?
>>
>>30629424
if you could steer the wine bottle, it would have a better chance of hitting someone
>>
>>30629132
Are you saying huge concrete blocks are something each officer just carries on their utility belt?
>>
>>30629446
ye, already doing that
avoiding huge crowds is a given
>>
>>30629438
>wasting money
You're right. We should never spend money on anything. Defund the cops, get rid of all public services, let people fend for themselves 100%. Except they also shouldn't be allowed to spend money.

They should still collect taxes though. The government needs the money, that's why they should never spend it!

>Are you seriously fucking implying you would rather the police NOT try to shoot the driver
In all honesty it seems like they should have done something else because
>2km of the truck continuing to murder people
seems really inefficient. Don't the police have tanks and shit these days?

>>30629455
>the city doesn't have cranes
>there is literally no way to deploy barriers before major events
>>
>>30629448
guns are a lot louder than engines. using guns to propel trucks would just be irritating and, frankly, quite rude.

and fuck waiting several months for a suppressor.
>>
>>30629132
I've seen a pickup go through those barriers. You think they'll stop a semi?

No, guns aren't the most effective way of stopping a truck, but they do work and are one of the fastest to deploy methods.

You can do all the urban planning you want, but every once in a while their will be an event where people go where they aren't supposed to.
If someone decides to drive a truck at them during this event, do you really think erecting Hesco barriers is better than shooting the guy?
>>
>>30628002
There were guns onboard.
Clearly a problem of gun control once again.
>>
>>30629455
Why not?
>>
>>30629471
investigations will show every victim was hit by a bullet just before being hit by the truck
all 84 deaths were due to firearms
truck dindu
>>
>>30629471
>GUNS ADDED WEIGHT TO THE TRUCK
>GUNS THUS ADDED KINETIC ENERGY
>GUNS HELPED KILL
>>
>>30629461
>The government doesn't have shit to pay
Yes anon, you are correct. The government always has billions and billions and billions on hand to pay for barriers to put up around every single street everywhere whenever some event goes on. It doesn't matter about constantly having to fund the cops or the schools etc., that's why they're a first world country! Safety for everyone! Governments should spend
>E V E R Y W A K I N G M O M E N T
searching for any outlet where a crime could occur, in order to stop it!

>Don't the police have tanks and shit these days?
I actually can't fucking tell if you're baiting or if you're serious at this point, because this has to be the worst fucking argument against "guns are a good way to stop trucks from driving all over the city running civillians over".
>>
>>30628002
and next time there is a mass shooting you'll complain the media is taking advantage of a tragedy.

totally not the same as what you're doing right?
>>
>>30629461
What's the response time of a crane?
>>
>>30628598
Nah, a MOWAG.
>>
>>30629461
>don't the police have tanks and shit these days?
kek
>>
>>30629496
Except this is called satire and nobody actually wants to fucking ban trucks.
>>
File: autist.png (159 KB, 299x307) Image search: [Google]
autist.png
159 KB, 299x307
>>30628818
>he hasn't seen inglorious bastards
>he doesn't know that guy is a undercover british commando
nicebait/10
>>
More and MORE MAss killings will take place because people in western nations REFUSSSEEEEEE to defend themselves.

Muslims are a problem. Their children will be a problem...they are brown shit colored and they are NOT white. They do NOT have our values and they do not respect us.

They simply DO NOT BELONG HERE.

Send them to the nation of of their peoples.
>>
>>30629256
>swerving
But he didn't.
>>
>>30629498
if aimed right, about negative 12 hours
>>
>>30629552
You'd need to be quite a wizard to know where terrorists strike.
And it's not like they will see the barrier and re-plan.
>>
>>30628002
>no reloading
>what is gas

but to add to this shitpost thread:
you can use everything to kill people. theres a difference in misusing things neccesary for daily life, like a knife, a rope or like in this case, a truck.
Guns only purpose is to kill people. I know you gun nuts have a hard time to fully grasp that concept and i know for sure you fucks wont think through this whole thing for once but at least i tried.
>>
>>30629565
>only purpose
Shillarygoldstein, RAUS!
>>
>>30628460
It's pointing out double standards.
>>
>>30628746
France used to have US style gun laws.
>>
yall are getting shit wrong. trucks are made to move shit for long stretches trough rough terrain, even if that terrain is people the truck is doing its thing.
guns are meant to attack and defend from things and people. even if its a soldier, cop or terrorist the gun is being used for its intended purpose.

tragedies are tragic.
>>
>>30629565
guns can be justified for hunting, target practice and in civilized society maybe home defence.
But there has to be training, licensing and regulation.
No way should spoons (crazy people) be able to lawfully possess guns
>>
>>30628002
>Guy with a babby killen assault rifle with 30 caliber assault clips kills 50
>Guy in a truck drives into a crowd and kills 80
Can we just accept that everything is fucking dangerous and believing in banning shit is retarded?
>>
>>30629562
>quite a wizard
>to know where large groups of people will be
What, are we supposed to put this shit up everywhere?
>>
But what if the police check points at the end of the closed road had spike strips? You would need a cop intelligent enough to remove them when an ambulance has to pass, but other than that it's monkey proof.
>>
>>30629609
Why? The US doesn't have training and licensing and it's one of the safest countries in the world as long as you're not a black or hispanic gang member.
>>
>>30629611
>and believing in banning shit is retarded?
nobody believes in 'banning' anything.
But the more dangerous something is the more licensing and training is required.
Cars require licensing and safety standards.
Bolt actions probably require less licensing and training then a semi automatic rifle.
Automatics might have to be limited to those in the army.
>>
>>30629632
>nobody believes in 'banning' anything
>>
>>30629620
>remote control spikes instead
>poosh butn when crazy person draws near

fixed your problem
just one problem for civilians though

STILL NOT GONNA FIT IN MY FUCKIN BACKPACK
>>
>>30629623
>and it's one of the safest countries in the world
the US, is safe?
you must be trolling.
>>
>>30629632
>automatics limited to army
1) what about the Marines
2) that's arguing for bans
>>
>>30629660
Get a bigger backpack, manlet.
>>
>>30629672
it's not banned just because YOU are not sufficiently qualified or trained to possess it.
>>
File: Screenshot_146.png (479 KB, 466x466) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_146.png
479 KB, 466x466
>>30628609
Lol, you're asking for proof? The dude just told you exactly where to find proof you retard.
>>
>>30629672
>1) what about the Marines
If there is even a single thing in this world that should be banned, it's the US Marines. US Marines are shit, even compared to normal military and normal americans combined (oddly enough I've met some US Navy people and found them to be quite friendly, open-minded and generally pleasant human beings)
>>
>>30629670
>300'000'000 people
>about 30'000 gun deaths
>about 10'000 not accidents from fuckin stupidity, or suicide

I forgot to lock my truck door last night and nobody fucked with my shit.
I live in a trailer park.

your move, chucklefuck
>>
A mudfrog on a kebab truck managed to kill more than an american shooting a whole gay club.
Americans are so fucking lazy that even their terrorists can't be bothered to get off their mobility scooters.
>>
>>30629673
WALMART DOTH NOT MAKE BIG ENOUGH BACKYPACKS.
>>
>>30629660
>It's civilians' jobs to prevent terror attacks

I know that the police have no duty to protect in the US and are effectively just another gang alongside the Kingz and Crips, but this is not the case elsewhere and cops in countries like France can generally be expected to do their job and maybe even be trained to do said job properly
>>
>>30628530
the thing is, guns are efficient at killing people who are also trying to kill you, a truck is not.

A truck is very much more efficient to kill a large group of people unprepared than a gun is, as evidenced by the Nice attack.

So, the initial purpose of the gun/truck does not matter as much as the actual damage.
>>
>>30629683
>only army can have it
>somehow not the definition of banned
>army is in the same league as civilians in any shape or form

and you fail to explain the situation for the Marines. Marines like full auto guns too.
>>
>>30629687
>why isn't the bullet sponge courteous to me?
piss off.
>>
>>30629498
>>30629562
Why are americans incapable of understanding the concept of prevention?

>You'd need to be quite a wizard to know where terrorists strike.
Concrete blocks are cheap enough that you could put them basically everywhere if you really wanted, and 2bh, terrorists are likely to strike high traffic or high profile areas. Like, say, a major promenade that is basically reserved for pedestrian traffic and festivities

>And it's not like they will see the barrier and re-plan.
costing them time and effort and maybe even making them re-plan to do it another day, where they may be foiled by basic road safety yet again
>>
>>30629565
>1 gallon tank maximum
I can use a pen as a tracheotomy tube, and you're sitting here making claims like 'Guns only purpose is to kill people'.
Have you no imagination?
Do you think knives are solely for skinning animals alive, too?
A simple wedge could never be used for constructive purposes like splitting wood or assisting in a lever system as a fulcrum! Nah.
Knives are for causing pain. Just that. Guns are for killing. Just that. You're totally right with your 30 seconds of thought concentrated on a single subject.
Holy Mother of God you're dense.
You know how you don't like guns for whatever reason? I'll assume you're following. Well, a gun can be used as a frightening device. For instance, I point my gun at you and you'll attempt to flee or willingly turn over control of the situation to me. This is called power projection. Just one of many uses for firearms that don't necessarily involve killing (not just humans you elitist piece of shit, all life has value). Now, if you make a dumb move because you've seen too many movies, granted, I'd have to kill you based on this hypothetical. You may consider that a point in your favor; don't. You're missing the part where your ideology makes my way of life more difficult, which is why I pointed the gun at you in the first place. The danger here is not from the gun. The danger here was your stalwart insistence that your specific ideology has any place in the common mans life. Had you kept your ideas to yourself, or even shared them upon request or within the proper context, there would be no need for the projection of power.
Aside from projecting 'power' guns can be used for any purpose that involves a distant local requiring physical force.
Hunting for food (killing necessary) is one
Self-defense is one
Sporting doesn't require killing with a firearm, it can, though
Impact explosives could be used in mining operations, shoot the target, it blows up the drilled charges. Save on other materials like cordage.
>>
>>30629705
Did you just take a shitpost seriously?

Also, police are purely reactionary. You can't prevent every crime from happening. Cops are not there to protect anyone. They are there to nip shit in the bud.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.