[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hiya /k/unts, newly hasguns here. Picked up this Mak IJ-70 18A
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: komrade.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
komrade.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
Hiya /k/unts, newly hasguns here. Picked up this Mak IJ-70 18A just today, as well as 550 rounds of HP and FMJ. Can anybody recommend me a good IWB holster? Also Makarov thread I guess.
>>
How much did it run you?

I picked up an IJ70, 200 rounds of FMJ, an extra mag and Russian Makarov holster for $220 a few months back.
>>
>>30612660

i got hosed apparently, armslist guy got me for $490 for the mak, 2 mags, the ammo, and an owb holster
>>
>>30612737
You didn't really get fucked. I think you paid an amount close to market value (for reference, even though a Bulgarian isn't necessarily as valuable as Russian made gun, J&G is selling Bulgarian Maks for $300). A year or two ago I bought a Bulgarian Mak with 3 mags and 300 rds of ammo for $420 because no one else was selling them for a reasonable price in Oregon that I could get to. Meanwhile there were posters here buying them in more proliferated states buying the same thing for half that. Getting a gun really cheap is a function of where you live, how good you are at haggling and how responsive your seller is to haggling.
>>
>>30612952

This guy was a total hard ass, $490 FIRM, wouldn't take out the ammo, wouldn't haggle, nothing.

I'm looking at an alien gear holster in another tab, have you had any experience carrying your Mak? Is alien gear a meme?
>>
>>30612596
I had an old Galco Royal Guard that fit my mak absolutely AMAZING. I wanna say it was for a 1911.
>>
>>30613058

ouch, are there any that aren't $115? i'm a poorfag garbage man, anon
>>
>>30612596
Alien Gear you poorfag faggot
>>
>>30613086
You're better off buying the expensive holster and then not needing to worry about buying a new one later to replace whatever cheap shit you want to buy to save money.
>>
>>30612596
The finest IWB holsters (in my opinion) are from Bravo Concealement and T-REX Arms. I also highly recommend SOE belts. Make sure the holster you ordered fits your belt width. Going with 1.5" is a smart choice as it will fit in any denim belt loop. I cannot stress how much a good belt makes carrying easier.

Learning how to conceal and do it comfortably is a journey of trial and error. You will
likely go through a bunch of different holster and belts, and may even change your carry
position before you find what works best for you.

But comfort and concealability should not be your only concearn. Here are other things
to consider:

Does the holster let you practice your draw-stroke mechanics consistently?
Does the position you carry your holster in allow you to draw your gun while buckled
Will the holster material wear over time, causing it to become floppy and unsafe to use?

Personally I could never go back to a leather holster, after carrying a high quality, thin, well made kydex holster. The consistency I get while practicing with a kydex holster is superior. Also, after carrying appendix for the past year, (with custom appendix holsters) I can never go back to 3:00 - 4:30 carry. For one, it is a longer motion and therefor a less efficient and slower motion to put the gun on target. Maybe more importantly I can very easily draw and fire while seated in a car, with a seatbelt on - with appendix carry. And that's something I'm not willing to give up now that I have it.

Congratulations and good luck
>>
>>30613262
>>30613184

thanks for your advice guys, I'm still pretty new to this whole deal. Did a lot of research but this is the first time having my own firearm to experiment with.

>>30613156

thanks anon, duly noted <3
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.