[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"violent nomad"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 7
What does /k/ think of being a violent nomad? Do y'all think it could be a (possible) way to make a living?

I haven't finished the book quite yet, but since the very beginning I have been wondering if it would be possible to make money and help the different communities become safer.

What does k think? Would a "violent nomad" be a /k/ tier/related "job"?

Just wondering everyone else's thoughts on the matter.
>>
>>30598686
You're going to get gunned down real quick.

CCers are a wonderful breed.

Also I have no idea what a violent nomad is.
>>
File: 1462497875248.jpg (55 KB, 640x417) Image search: [Google]
1462497875248.jpg
55 KB, 640x417
The book as a whole isn't awful, but the "violent nomad" thing is some grade-A special snowflake meme bullshit.
>>
>>30598699
A "violent nomad" (from what I gather thus far) isn't a person randomly just capping people. They use espionage techniques to make neighborhoods safer. Sometimes resort to killing bad guys (drug dealers/rapist/child molesters/etc) but essentially travel around to help make the country safer through espionage tactics.

I'm not saying I am going to do this. I am just wondering what y'all think about it. I will find a link to the VN explanation for you. If I can't find a link I will post some pics from the book. (the one in OP pic).

Also, I was a recon team platoon sergeant in the Army. Then went into the Navy and was attached to a Special Boat Unit. Also have been through modern combative training (up to black instructor level). Was also the DM on my recon team. Was a combat medic. Along with many other certs from .gov. Also have been to the Dynamic shotgun/carbine/handgun classes taught by Travis Haley. So I am fairly confident that a street thug would have no chance. But like I said, this is just me wondering what the /k/ommandos think about it.
>>
>>30598723
What do you feel is "meme bullshit" about the book? Alot, of what I read this far, could actually be used to be incredibly useful.
>>
>>30598699
Here is a light description of the book. If this thread makes it anywhere by the time I get home (where the book is) I will post the books VN description. Along with the TOC so if you want to check out any skills mentioned, I will post them for everyone.
>>
>>30598885
Forgot link...

http://loadoutroom.com/17193/100-deadly-skills-violent-nomad-navy-seal/
>>
>>30598824
Oh yeah...forgot to add, I currently do contract work for a PMC. Protecting oil rigs, along with some executive protection details when the VIPs come through for tours/meetings/etc.
>>
File: red_steel_2_hero_2125[1].jpg (16 KB, 270x270) Image search: [Google]
red_steel_2_hero_2125[1].jpg
16 KB, 270x270
>>30598842
Not him, but the name is walking-cliche tier cringe

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Ronin
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WalkingTheEarth
>>
>>30599909
Well isn't the information contained therein more important than the "cringe-tier" name? Call it whatever you want.

>Nomadic Vigilante
>Charles Bronson Traveling Death wish 2016
>What the hell ever

My question is, as previously stated, what does /k/ think about if someone were to do that as a living?

What would y'all do?

Thoughts on the subject?

How do y'all think it would be received, seeing as it is going after bad people of whom are detrimental to society/social order? (Especially considering it would only target ones that are harming the community). Sex trafficking. Getting young girls addicted to drugs to get them into prostitution. Etc.

Wouldn't even necessarily have to "kill people" per se. Can take them down by using espionage and turning it in anonymously to local PD.

There are so many positive outcomes that could come out of something like this.

I am just using "Violent Nomad" as the name, seeing as that is the name the author went with.

Thoughts?
>>
>>30600453
Your talking about making a living doing this right? how do you intend to make money doing this?! serious question
>>
>>30598824

just sign up to protect weed farms, and or guard their money and shit, it's a booming business with less grime than running around trying to be a Hitman.
>>
>>30598824
So you want to be the punisher?
>>
>>30598699
Think murderhobo.
>>
>>30600520
>>30600520
No I am not talking about making a living doing this. It is just a book I am reading because the PMC I am working for has several classes i have to pass and books I have to read before shipping out. I also have to pass the classes that the books are based on. (ie shooting, survival, etc) And this book caught my attention so I got a copy of it because why the hell not. (It wasn't on the required reading list though. )

So no...i already have a job that I do. Executive protection and counter sniper on oil rigs. BUT one can never learn to much.

I think money could be made doing it though. Taking out the "bad guys" (keeping any money and firearms one comes across) then destroying the drugs and liberating the teenage sex slaves/prostitutes.

Taking down an entire organization.

Possibilities are endless. Do you understand what I am trying to get at? That is why I am wondering what all my /k/omrades think about it.
>>
>>30600520
I would plan to end privilege (no racism, but let's be honest this would mostly include white people srs) and systematic racism. This would redistribute wealth away from the 1% and back to the people.

Work would no longer be a requirement as everyone now has a living wage for life. I could live as a nomad and experience truly free personal expression.
>>
>>30600611
John Clark? Is that you?
>>
>>30600703
Exactly. Thanks /k/omrade. This is exactly the responses I am looking for. Keep up the good work.

You wouldn't be a "violent nomad" you would be the "nomadic Robin Hood". Kek
>>
>>30600554
I am already in the executive protection business and counter sniper on oil rigs in Africa and South America. I highly doubt the weed farms would pay as much as the oil companies.
>>
>>30600588
What's wrong with the punisher? Or maybe the executioner? Have you ever read the Executioner books? They are pretty fucking good, if I do say so myself.
>>
>>30600794
the tradeoff is you don't have to be on an oil rig anywhere near Africa or SA, you can chill in California, Colorado, Washington, wherever else, and then drive home at the end of the day and go to a restaurant, and sleep in your bed rather than a shipping container bunkhouse with a bunch of crusty rig fuckers.
>>
>>30600827
Adding to that, the Executioner series written by Pendleton are my favorites. Although, some of the others could be good. I just haven't read that many of them tho.
>>
>>30600851
Yeah...that's true. My ol lady and me want to move to the mountains of Colorado. But the oil rig jobs are paying pretty damn good atm. So I am hoping to do a few tours with them. Then have enough funds to be able to buy a decent amount of land with a self sustaining earth ship house. Hell, i want to buy my own mountain. A man can dream can't he?

You do have valid points though.
>>
>>30600703
Free expression to be a murder hobo?
>>30600699
How many sex slave possessing tony montana's are out there? and how would you get intelligence? I could see the Cartels but seriously 90% of this shit has to be intelligence and support, with that few 10% being actually pulling triggers.
In the end I guess if you break the law to enforce the law why even enforce the law? essentially living outside society (I don't see any way you couldn't) why enforce the laws inside society? I think if anyone actually pursued this, they'd either have to be autistic and dedicated to "justice" or they'd just honestly be another nigger shooting another nigger for his shit.
>>
File: not found.gif (14 KB, 28x30) Image search: [Google]
not found.gif
14 KB, 28x30
>>30598824
>taught by Travis Haley

WOAH DUDE. YOU WERE TAUGHT BY TRAVIS HALEY? OH MAN, THOSE 3 DAY RIFLE COURSES...FUCK BROTHER. YOU ARE ONE HIHG SPEED DEATH MACHINE...WOAH...THAT'S HARD FU*KING CORE BROTHER.
>>
>>30600913

I was never MIL but i worked on a rig off Matamoros in the gulf in the 90s and when you weren't working or on land getting fucked up it was the most boring place in the world for me, felt trapped like a rat as well when storms came, wouldn't go back on one for 6 figures.
>>
>>30600588
>So you want to be the punisher?

Nigger who doesn't?
>>
>>30600943
Fuck off fag. If you read my post you would have seen that I was a designated marksman on the recon platoon while in the Army.

Then I was attached to a SBU while in the Navy for vbss and the like.

I got to do the Travis Haley courses for free, seeing as the Company paid for them as a "refresher" course.

You apparently must have never taken any advanced firearms training classes. I learned tons of things that I didn't know. Aswell as refreshing on the things that I already have known.

So...unless you are a better shooter or a more elite warrior than Travis Haley, then you have no room to talk.

I did learn the proper way to ND an AK though. Kek
>>
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 620x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 620x300
ITT: Travis Bickle gets real
>>
>>30601128
Travis Haley is great. I fucking love that dude and would want to take a course with him. What I'm trying to say is that you aren't a badass for taking a class. Nope, you're not a badass for going to TMACS with Pat Macnamara.
>muh vbss
>muh armee

I doubt you were ever in combat.
>>
This thread is giving off mall ninja ballad vibes
>>
>>30600611
>>30598824
Basically Frank "Punisher" Castle

You're gonna get dead real quick son. All it takes is one misstep and Jamal the Gangbanger will pop a cap in you.

While you might be good enough to avoid making a misstep in 1 out of every 100 encounters, that doesn't really matter too much if you roll the dice 101 times does it?

When you're actively seeking these encounters out by being Hobo With A Shotgun, you're gonna wake up dead one day
>>
>>30603461
>Hobo With A Shotgun
An action movie through the eyes of a schizophrenic.
If that's what someone wants to do with their life they should honestly seek therapy and that's not a zinger, it's the truth.
>>
>>30603402
>Doubt I was ever in combat.

Well keep on doubting. Sorry to disappoint you. I still carry a dog tag of my fallen soldier (only one I lost). Aswell as never sleeping through the night. Also, do you know what the sound of bullets bouncing of the edge of the building you are using as cover sound like? While 3 people have you pinned and you are alone holding them off? While your others members are completing the objective. And you have to take them out? What about laying within arm's reach as an enemy detail patrols within arm reach past you?

Sorry to disappoint you. But these scars that I carry all over my body and memories I carry in my head say otherwise.

I would love to see you get out your mom's basement long enough to engage in cqb (including h2h, having a knife stabbed through my arm, I could go on). But I don't have anything to prove to you. Nor would you basement dwellers believe it anyhow.

My platoon I was the sergeant of, my fellow brothers that I saved (aswell as they saved me) multiple times have no doubt in their minds.

Believe what you want. I know the truth. The people i was with know the truth. I don't need any validation from a k basement dweller.

Let's stick to the original topic. I am just wondering what people think about that.

Would y'all do it? How do y'all think y'all would do it? Is there a way that people could do it for a living? If someone were, how much change would occur if people did such?

I just am asking VERY hypothetical questions because I found it interesting. And am just trying to get input. I have no need to go kill people. Already did that in the war. Aswell as being a private security contractor.

Can we stay on topic?
>>
This is just a special snowflake way of saying "SHEEPDAWG"
>>
>>30598824
>>30601128
>>30603903
Cringe
>>
>>30603916
A sheepdog on American soil. Making the country safe from domestic enemies.

That is a good way of putting it, I guess.
>>
File: SHOOT ME FIRST.jpg (180 KB, 519x692) Image search: [Google]
SHOOT ME FIRST.jpg
180 KB, 519x692
>>30603934
Now this is where you've made it far too obvious
>>
>>30603923
Cringe all you like, my military folder says otherwise. I have been in several life or death situations. Considering I first got to the sandbox in 2004.
>>
>>30603934
The key to building a believable troll is subtlety
>>
>>30603956
You should have thrown in some actual unit names and deployments, you made it too vague which got you caught out too early on.

Next time if you throw in enough to give it some authenticity people will believe it.
>>
>>30603952
What far too obvious? Just saying that interchanging terms is fine? It doesn't matter what it is called. I am just wondering what people think about the book.
>>
>>30603959
No troll. Sorry to disappoint.

>>30603971
3rd ID. Ft Stewart. Then on the boat crew with CVN71. Out of Norfolk.
>>
>>30603903
>how could it be done

Traveling vigilante. Sounds like a group thing, and you need money, right? Do a group of armed people who get payed to protect...OH, I've got a name for one! Black water. How's it sound?

>it's one step from being a fucking PMC m8
>>
>>30598842

I didn't say the book was meme bullshit, I explicitly said "violent nomad" is meme bullshit. Makes it sound like the author has read Tom Clancy's Without Remorse too many times. The book is more babby's first book of operator anecdotes. Quite potentially useful, if rather short on details.
>>
>>30604013
Well... considering I do PMC work now, I don't need to worry about that. Blackwater is "no more" as they change their name every 5min. Although, I did get to work with some BW people in 2005.

Also, I have already established how money could be made doing such "job". You should DL the book and read it. Get it on the Amazon Kindle app. It is MUCH cheaper. Unless you can find a PDF. It is a very interesting read. That's for sure. Can't wait until I finish it.
>>
>>30600699
>I think money could be made doing it though. Taking out the "bad guys" (keeping any money and firearms one comes across) then destroying the drugs and liberating the teenage sex slaves/prostitutes.
>hoping to go around pissing off the CIA by killing off its funding

You do know you've pretty much just flagged yourself already, assuming you haven't proscribed the "lol I'm hiding behind 10 proxies" doctrine, right?
>>
>>30604047
Ok. Yeah I see what you are saying. He could have chosen a better term. Aswell as went into more details. Still a decent book all in all. Even if somethings were rudimentary. Still has useful things in it.

And Without Remorse was/is a great book.
>>
>>30604066
I'm not hiding behind proxies at all. I have the 1st amendment. And if I want to discuss a book then I will. Even though, I have zero intention of acting on it. It was just me wondering what others thought of the book. And the way the book is written, the author makes it sound like it could be a "job" (of sorts).

I am prior mil and own several Automatic Rifle 15rd /½ sec. And several Automatic Killing 47rds per sec.

I am sure I am on a watchlist by now. ;)
>>
I do find it funny though, that so many people on a military/weapon based board have trouble believing that there are prior military that frequently post/read this board.
>>
>>30604116
yeah

a watchlist for people so retarded they're dangerous to themselves
>>
>>30604143
Your mom must let you stay up late during the summer. Or do trolls never sleep?
>>
>>30604167
you are making yourself look worse by the second, my guy
>>
>>30604139
It's not that at all, it's that most of the prior mil guys recognize when someone says something so fucking dumb that there is no way they're prior mil.

The military has a way of beating most of the stupid out of you, or at least making it so you don't blatantly out yourself as a retard. Some of these guys claiming to be prior mil say things in the same post that immediately outs them as being civvies.
>>
>>30604177
I'm done feeding the troll. Go to sleep before mommy bans your computer time.
>>
>>30601128
I know enough guys with backgrounds like this to know you're lying.

They don't post shit on the internet. And they don't talk if it's not relevant to a conversation. Certainly not to impress strangers.
>>
>>30604188
Well... during my time at home and deployed, I have met some dumbass people.
>>
>>30604202
I haven't said anything to"impress strangers". I just answered questions that people asked me. I couldn't care less about what the "internet infantry" thinks.
>>
>>30604204
I have no doubt of that at all, but just read the shit this guy is saying. You honestly think he made it through BCT/AIT/OSUT? I just mean some people say things that are so dumb you already know that their mental state would not allow for the kind of stress that you'd be under without breaking and getting sent home. They don't have the mental capacity to tell themselves to keep going and fight through the pain, they don't even have the mental capacity to NOT believe the things that they are posting.
>>
>>30604210
Btw, I got to go to bed myself. Got to get up early (in 3.5hrs) to get some work done before I teach a carbine class. Y'all take it easy.

Hopefully this thread will still be up and going. And hopefully by then, people will actually return to the topic of the book and what they think about it.
>>
>>30604214
this
some posters are tongue in cheek but they know it
and then some posters really honestly believe that what theyre posting is do able

and you can just tell theyre still trying to get more good boy points so they can get their chicken tendies and and game boy back from mum
>>
>>30603903
You're going to be killed by Jamal for looking at him and his buddies funny.

It doesn't matter how good you are. Their bullets will kill you just as well as anyone else's
>>
>>30604233
Car-BEAN or Car-BYNE??

SOMEONE ANSWER THIS FOR ME, GOOGLE IS FUCKING BULLSHIT
>>
>>30604241
Car-bean. It comes from the French word, if I am not mistaken. But yes bean not byne.
>>
>>30604241
Either or.

Doesn't really matter unless you're super autistic
>>
>>30604255
Also, could depend on your accent. Kinda like Creek is Creak or Crick.
>>
>>30604233
It's cringe as fuck. Mallninja version of some faggot wearing a fedora and a duster with a katana strapped to his back
>>
>>30604265
but there are 2 'ee's though, it's creek. people pronouncing it differently are just saying it incorrectly.

just like my idiot hick friend from southern missouri that says 'warsh'. No goofy, there isnt an extra 'r' in the word 'wash'.

And people that say 'ruff'instead of roof. Two 'o's people, fucking christ.
>>
>>30605188
Believe me, I know. I have tried to explain that to them. But 'stupid is as stupid does'. That is one thing we can always expect from people... stupidity.
>>
Bumping this mall ninja wreck of a thread
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.