[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What if the Imperial Japanese Navy had a Nimitz class aircraft
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: nimitz is a big boy.jpg (80 KB, 800x571) Image search: [Google]
nimitz is a big boy.jpg
80 KB, 800x571
What if the Imperial Japanese Navy had a Nimitz class aircraft carrier?
>>
It'd be pretty useless since Japan is right next door to China
>>
File: b4f.jpg (24 KB, 600x451) Image search: [Google]
b4f.jpg
24 KB, 600x451
but comrade

what if

japan IS US aircraft carrier
>>
>>30597235
It gets sunk. They are pretty unlikely to be able to make use of the aircraft, even if they get a few running good luck figuring out that they need to use the cats to get them up. They might figure out the onboard weapons systems, but have limited supplies for them, which also applies even if they manage to get aircraft launch and recovery figured out fast enough to have some usable aircraft left. And in the meantime should it come into an engagement vs just about anything at close range it gets fucked by gunfire, if attacked by air even it they have systems working it's only a nightmare deathstar until the ammo is gone, after which it dies to bombs and torpedoes. Most likely of all if it doesn't get discovered and sunk swiftly is that they get it back to Japan and it never leaves again due to the amount of fuel required to run it on whatever backup generators are available, no way in hell are they keeping the reactors going so its backup power all the way.
>>
>>30597235
>IJN
What year are we talking about?
>>
>>30597413
Dude
>>
>>30597431
I didn't make any specifics because I thought it would be a given that
1) the IJN would comprehend how to fully operate the aircraft and the carrier itself, with all the needed crew members
2) supplies specific for the carrier and its aircraft would magically spawn in tokyo and then be delivered across the ocean to the ship.

these are often the rules for this kind of game. ;^)

>>30597436
It's an open question, so here are a few alternatives:

>having it avaiable at pearl harbor
>avaiable at midway
>avaiable just after the defeat at midway
>in the middle of okinawa campaing
>>
>>30597235
It's probably got into meltdown or SCRAM depending on how much they played with it trying to figure out what was going on.

Japan was to busy trying to make a death ray to work on nuclear stuff. Not even kidding.
>>
>>30597235
I just wanna see what crazy shit IJN damage control would manage to do.
>Counterflood everything
>Went avgas into munitions storage area
>Just Fukushima my reactor, senpai
>>
>>30597732
Yeah when I read the OP I figured that was all implied. /k/ is pretty thick sometimes.
>>
>>30597900
I had thought of typing that into the OP for summer friends but then I thought it would make the thread a disgusting wall of text and nobody would want to read it.
>>
What if Kongou was a girl?
>>
>>30597235
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.