[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Glocks vs. Wheelguns
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: download.jpg (4 KB, 280x180) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4 KB, 280x180
As a person who has owned a dozen or so handguns, I have only owned revolvers.

Reason? They feel good to me. I shoot them the best. However, I'm getting a job working an armored vehicle. I can carry my 686+ 4", but I'm thinking on getting a glock. (For some unknown ungodly reason) but I have my doubts about these plastic-fantastics. Why shold I invest myself into buying one of these full-sized firearms for my EDC?

>TL;DR convince me to buy a glock
>>
>>30592473
>>
Glock, m&p, sig, Walther, H&K striker fired guns are all brilliant choices for personal defense. The trigger pull is always the same and is much lighter than a DA revolver trigger pull.

Also, you don't really need a safety, so the gun will always be ready to fire, unlike a single action gun or da/SA gun carried cocked.

The alternative is to carry a da/sa decocked with no safety, but then your first trigger pull will be longer and my be inaccurate.

So basically the glock gives you great capacity, no delay (safety), and a consistent trigger pull.

Personally, I think these kinds of guns are not fun to shoot, and they feel cheap and have bad triggers (most of them anyway). But for personal defense, assuming you can shoot one accurately, it's hard to do much better.
>>
File: gpglock.jpg (250 KB, 957x539) Image search: [Google]
gpglock.jpg
250 KB, 957x539
>More rounds
>Lighter
>More concealable
>Better aftermarket
>Glock trigger is better compared to a revolvers trigger in DA
>Easy teardown for maintence

Both are AWESOME guns for the range, but a glock is probably better suited for CCarrying.

Basically what this guy said >>30592577
, but I got half way done writing this and wasn't gonna not post it.
>>
File: shig.jpg (257 KB, 1024x815) Image search: [Google]
shig.jpg
257 KB, 1024x815
if you really need your .357 fudd round to feel safe then you should realize .357 sig in proper loading like from underwood shot from a Glock 31 or 32 will sling a 125 grain bullet at 1450+ fps which is likely faster than whatever you are carrying comes out of your revolver now
>>
>>30592473

Just buy one, youll like it. Theyre comfortable and easy to use. Revolvers are great for bears and having fun. Semi autos are great for bad guys and having fun. If youre normally a slow shooter; speed up for the semi and take advantage of that larger magazine. Make sure you let yourself have fun.

My personal favorites are the PPQ, Glock 19, and m&p 9 but just about anything you get 400$ is going to be a quality reliable gun
>>
>>30592701
Op here
This guy is getting me somewhere
>>
File: 10mememeter.jpg (50 KB, 533x640) Image search: [Google]
10mememeter.jpg
50 KB, 533x640
>>30592720
most .357 sig is watered down. you have to buy from people like underwood ammo or buffalo bore to get proper loadings. Same goes for 10mm loadings.
>>
>>30592720
Underwood also makes some insane 10mm stuff for a glock 20/29/40.

135gr at 1600fps or something ludicrous like that.
>>
>>30592736
Great Scott. I may get a 10 mm then. Which platform should I get it in? Keep in mind size is no issue for I will be OCing this gun during my work day.
>>
>>30592793
Glock
>>
>>30592803
Obviously. But I can imagine there are multiple glocks that fire 10mm
>>
>>30592793
Get the 20, it's the full size.

The glock 40 will have higher velocity, but is a long slide gun.

The 29 is a subcompact and is hilariously fun to shoot, but if you don't need conceal ability then why get such a short barrel.
>>
>>30592793
You can also buy a 357 sig and 40s&w barrel and put them into any of the 10mm glocks.

The magazine will load any of the three cartridges.
>>
>>30592473
Why not get a tacticool TRR8?
>>
>>30592473

>but I have my doubts about these plastic-fantastics
Hey gramps, I know you've been in cryostasis since the 1970s, but every police department on the planet issues and uses glocks, and they have zero problems with them. They're widely regarded as the most reliable handguns on the planet for a fucking reason. They've dominated the market for decades for a reason. If there were a flaw, it'd be exposed by now.

> Why shold I invest myself into buying one of these full-sized firearms for my EDC?
Because capacity, reliability, and because special snowflake bullshit isn't worth your life.

>>30592816

Glock 20.
>>
>>30592903
>Because capacity, reliability, and because special snowflake bullshit isn't worth your life.

>not wanting to die in style
>>
>>30592928
This guy
>>
>>30592903

This. So many people on this board are obsessed with using the "cool" gun rather than the practical gun. There is literally no contest between a wheel gun and a striker fired pistol. Glocks and other DAO firearms win out in literally every category besides maybe "muh stopping power".

Inna woods a .44 is king, but anywhere else you are willfully putting yourself at a disadvantage by not using a DAO.
>>
>>30595477
I have always used a 7 shot revolver for personal carry. What's wrong wit that?
>>
>>30596849
Not him, but...
Your cutting your capacity in half and adding felt recoil in order to use an outdated cartridge that provides little gains in stopping power.
>>
>>30592793
Rock Island makes a double stack 10mm 1911 if you really want to piss the glockfans off.
>>
>>30596905
Does it work? I've heard RIA guns don't hold up well.
>>
>>30595477
> people on this board are obsessed with using the "cool" gun rather than the practical gun

thats because literally 80% of the people here are noguns faggots parroting shit they learn from youtube videos, and maybe 0.03% have ever actually used their carry gun, and maybe 0.001% has ever killed somebody with a handgun.

aside from fondling and muh aesthetic range toy, you want the gun that is the most simple to operate and the most reliable. any of the point and shoot guns will be fine. but, that trigger reset on the Glock is nearly perfect for follow up shots, which you'll need in a self defence scenario. you won't know until you're in it, but once you pull that gun out youre gonna be dumping the mag like somebody stuck a pinecone up your ass.

the only good revolver for self defence is an airweight 38 with an internal hammer, so that it can be fired from within a purse or pocket. this will give you an edge because you don't indicate that youre about to fire and you'll catch the assailant slightly off guard. ideally you'd have your glock 19 iwb as well to follow up when you miss all 6 shots because you were firing from the hip, but at least the thug will have wet himself and given you some time to draw your real gun
>>
>>30596941
I have yet to find a bad review of them.
>>
>>30596849

>shit recoil
>shit capacity
>shit trigger weight
>shit caliber

Your only positive is that you could shoot from a pocket and miss completely while you get stabbed to death.
>>
>>30596954
Cons:
>shit recoil
>shit capacity
>shit trigger weight
>shit caliber

Pros:
>Don't look like a bitch with a little tykes plastic gun
>>
>>30597542

I'd rather look like a bitch successfully defending myself with a plastic framed pistol than looking totally badass filled with bullet holes because my antiquated revolver is a shit self defense tool. But you go ahead and keep carrying your .357 as a fashion accessory to impress grandpa fud.
>>
>>30599104
>I'd rather look like a bitch

I rest my case.
>>
>>30599971

your insecurity is showing.
>>
>>30592473
I love revolvers, but I keep a Glock 19 as my main carry piece.

I trust the Glock, I've never had a problem with it, I like the plethora of after market upgrades, and the higher capacity. You can't really go wrong with it despite the glocknade memes you'll see on here.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.