[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>have had a multitool for ages >almost never use the knife
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: knigger knight red.png (10 KB, 381x351) Image search: [Google]
knigger knight red.png
10 KB, 381x351
>have had a multitool for ages

>almost never use the knife

>use the awl at least once every couple of days
>use the saw/file combo at least once a day
>use the pliers several times per day

>even when I was on a ship, I'd more often use the pliers or the screwdriver as a marlin spike than anything else, and didn't use the knife once ever

Why are knives considered tactical again? It seems like literally every other tool is more useful to carry
>>
>>30592997
tactical box opening at /k/'s retail jobs
>>
>>30592997
>ship
>there are zero uses for a knife outside of a ship or on land
>>
>>30593013
sailors insist you should have a deck knife on you at all times, just in case

i've never seen someone actually use one except for cutting zip ties on nigger-rigged things about to get proper-rigged (and even then, it's easier to torque them apart with pliers than to cut through the strap, i find)

i've seen a lot of marlin spike usage though, and if i could have only one tool to call my own and had to borrow everything else from the ship, i'd bring my own nice big automatic wrench before most other things
>>
>>30592997

Good. That means it'll be clean when it comes time to use it for emergency surgery!
>>
>>30593013
>no uses for it on water
>no uses for it off water
I mean, you kinda just contradicted yourself homie.
>>
I wouldn't go diving without a knife. Otherwise I'd rather carry a bottle opener.
>>
they're for stabbing sandniggers and pigs you dip
>>
>>30593054
>and even then, it's easier to torque them apart with pliers than to cut through the strap, i find
indeed. Grab the square bit, twist, done. No bits of zip tie flying
>>
>>30592997
I used to carry this stupid-big 5inch folder with no assist back when I was going hard on "tacticool" stuff, which was pretty dumb and futile.
Got a little 3inch spring assist tanto about a year ago and it's been handy.

Like you stated, a multitool will do just about everything a knife can and then some, but if you're not required to carry a bulky pair of a little tanto knife with a serration should do fine.

Plus, it's always nice to have a weapon on you.
Even if it's the shit-end excuse of a weapon, I still haven't met anyone that enjoys getting stabbed.
>>
>>30594954
Bulky pair of plyers.
>>
>>30593009
Also packages delivered to our homes needing unboxed. Like the new knife we bought online.
>>
File: spurdosada.jpg (112 KB, 1060x404) Image search: [Google]
spurdosada.jpg
112 KB, 1060x404
>>30594989
>>
i have an SAK and i use the scissors more than anything
>>
>tactical
>primary use is utility
Pick one. At least you didn't use meme or cuck. Sure there are super tacticool $400 operator knives that are just mtech tier with better steel, but those make for shitty utility knives.

Nothing tactical about a sheep's foot and Marlin spike that you can use for what the Fuck ever
>>
>past week i've been doing odd jobs at grandparents house
>they're old as fuck and my uncle doesn't live near them to do stuff anymore
>about 12 times in the past 5 days i've wished I had a multitool

should I get one /k/?
>>
>>30594989
kek
>>
File: niggersarescum.jpg (11 KB, 250x291) Image search: [Google]
niggersarescum.jpg
11 KB, 250x291
>>30594966
lol go look at victorinox. It's as streamline as a pair of normal needlenose pliars while maintaining several tools. I prefer a leatherman, but the fact is ANY well made multitool is more useful than a dedicated knife.
>>
>>30596031
Do it man they're a good investment. Just make sure you keep up with it. These things have a tendency to wander off if you're not paying attention. Sonsabitches.

I'm right there with you OP I had a multitool and I had to find uses for my knife. I mostly used the awl and pliers. I did have to cut things on a daily basis though so knife did get regular use

But then I lost it somewhere and I don't have the money to buy a new one. Currently saving up. I need a job
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.