[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's Read: Victoria - A Novel of 4th Generation War PART 5
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47
File: VICTORIA_900.jpg (190 KB, 564x900) Image search: [Google]
VICTORIA_900.jpg
190 KB, 564x900
Buyfag edition

Previous Threads:

http://desuarchive.org/k/search/subject/Let%27s%20Read%20Victoria/

>William S. Lind (born July 9, 1947) is an American monarchist, paleoconservative, columnist, Christian, and a light rail enthusiast.
>light rail enthusiast

Preface
>the state upheld its unpleasant responsibility of setting torch to faggots, was what marked this as an act of Recovery

Chapter 5
> Boyd was the greatest American military theorist of the 20th century

Chapter 21
>“T-34s are exactly the right tanks for us,” I replied. “They are crude, simple, and reliable. They always start and they always run. If they do break, any machine shop can fix ’em. We don’t want tanks to fight other tanks. That’s what anti-tank weapons are for. The best way to stop an M-1 is with a mine that blows a tread off. We want tanks for real armored warfare, which means to get deep in the enemy’s rear and overrun his soft stuff, his artillery and logistics trains and headquarters, so his whole force panics and comes apart.”

Chapter 22
>“Black people have been the only warriors in history. White men can’t fight. It’s because their noses are too small. Courage comes from the nose, not the heart, as the African spiritual healers you call witch doctors have long understood. That’s why black people eat their snot. What do you white folk do with your snot? You wrap it up in a little white surrender flag and put it in your pocket. So you don’t have no courage.”

Chapter 27
>Anyway, it was clear that Gunny Matthews, the director of the Council Of Responsible Negroes, or CORN, had a tough row to hoe.
>>
Chapter 28
>A computer wizard in Providence came up with a terminal that gave the user hard copy as he typed, thus guaranteeing he would never again lose days of work because the system crashed. He called his device a “printwriter,” and it sold like, well, typewriters.

Chapter 31
>At those words, the doorways to 105 Dartmouth filled with our men. Each wore a white surplice with the red Crusader cross emblazoned on a shield over the heart. Each held a Roman gladius, the short, sharp stabbing sword of the Roman legionary, in his right hand. Through the doorway closest to the stage, a choir of monks filed in. Mounting the stage, they began chanting the Dies Irae. At that signal, the soldiers set to their work.

Chapter 33
>The first reform was to abolish both the Confederate national flag and the battle flag as the nation’s emblems. In their place, they raised over the Congress’s temporary quarters, the Atlanta Convention Center, a new flag that showed a rainbow on a U.N.-blue background. Beneath the rainbow was a black-and-white dove, behind and beneath which floated a sprinkling of silver stars, one for each Confederate state. The banner was immediately nicknamed “the Pooping Pigeon.”

>I think it's because, in portraying the Confederates as effete antebellum stereotypes, Lind has accidentally surrounded his protagonist with relatively pleasant characters rather than absurd wehraboo mass murderers.
>>
>>30573643
Anyone have any experience with this?
>>
I feel terrible giving Lind money
>>
>>30573700
he will spend it on rentboys dressed in railway ticket inspectors uniform, half a dozen at a time. Between the anal creampies and piss bukkake he will catch something horrible. So your dollars are doing gods work.
Feel better now?
>>
i was looking forward to this thread nice
>>
>>30573739
Thanks

>>30573821
I was a little distracted by some local happenings
>>
Oh yeah, it's time
>>
Yessss, I've been looking forward to this
>>
>>30573576
I missed last thread. What was the deal with the nuclear weapons.
>>
File: punished william.jpg (23 KB, 239x300) Image search: [Google]
punished william.jpg
23 KB, 239x300
>>30574039
Rumford and the Texas Rangers were planning to steal one. In this chapter, they drop it
>>
>>30574052
Steal one?
Why? Worlds most expensive paperweight?
>>
>>30574079
Something about solving Atlanta's social issues.

I wish I was making that up.
>>
Chapter 36: I'M NUCLEAAAAR, I'M WILD

>“It took me a few seconds to make the mental connection. What does stealing a nuke have to do with – holy shit! My jaw dropped. “You mean nuke Atlanta?” I asked Dano, astounded.

Let's one up Sherman here.

>Why not? The idea [of nuking Atlanta] was mind-boggling. It was absurd. It was horrifying. The public would go crazy. The fallout. Possible retaliation. It was–it was the proposal of a madman.

But you're okay with Crusader cosplayers stabbing college professors to death while chanting Dies Irae

Alright

>We also needed a bomber.

Boy, I can't wait to find out what delivery mechanism they use

At this point, Rumford consults with the Texas rangers. At this point I wonder how they know where to find a nuke to steal, but the newspaper maps probably told him that during the briefing he slept through.

>“Hot damn,” the S-3 said. “We could call it Operation Sherman!”

>“I never did like that city,” chimed in a company commander.

>“You can nuke Dallas too, as far as I’m concerned,” a first sergeant added. “We're all country boys here. We don’t like cities much.”

I've noticed that you don't like cities much as well, Lind.

>“What will Richmond do?” I asked.

The answer is diddle: because they have balls and cotillions to attend to, Ah Do Declay-uh

>“Then they’ll go with public opinion. It all comes back to that. If the public reacts negatively, we’ll have won on the physical level, but the New South will have a moral victory. The moral level of war is far more powerful than the physical.”

I think that Lind talks about John Boyd's moral war more than Boyd himself ever did.

>“I see you’ve also read John Boyd’s stuff,” I said to the colonel.

Who hasn't in this book?

>>30574079
To nuke Atlanta and purge it of the negroes and sodomites of course
>>
>>30574104
Madness.
>>
>>30574105
This man was a military advisor to important people.
75% of /k/ would give better advice than him.
>>
>>30574105
>Well, we’re not without honor. I’m sick of watching these New South neo-Marxists and their gang-banger trigger men terrorize the rest of us. Terror must be answered with terror. Atlanta has earned a fiery end, no less so than Sodom or Gomorrah. It’s risky, but I think the people of the Old South will go with us. We’ll do it.”

A William Lind social program

>“Getting a weapon is fairly easy,” McMasters said. “The South has put all its nuclear warheads in one place, right here near Savannah, on the site of the old reactor where the stuff for warheads used to be manufactured. It's guarded by a battalion of Air Police.”

I'm sure Oppenheimer can rip this apart better than I can.

>We all smiled at that bit of information. I remembered the U.S. Air Force Police from my Marine Corps days. The warheads would be more secure guarded by a swarm of dachshunds.

Have I mentioned that Lind hates the military?

Did I mention that they have an infallible contingency plan in case of retaliation?

>“They’d have to get a warhead from the same place,” McMoster replied. “When Atlanta goes up, I’ll send a company to the storage site to provide some real security.”

Genius, isn't it.

>“It's downtown Atlanta we need to vaporize,” the colonel continued. “We want to minimize damage to the suburbs. Most of the people there are really on our side. So we want something small, maybe five kilotons. We also need to minimize fallout. Ground detonation would stir up tons of radioactive dust and debris, so we need an air burst. That means a bomber aircraft, and where we get that I don’t know. The Confederate Air Force has a lot of New South types in it–the high tech boys stick together, you know. We can’t go to them for help.”

Remember how they enlisted the SCA to work medieval torture devices. Now they're going to enlist the CAF to nuke Atlanta.

Wait till you see what they're going to use to drop the bomb. Tip your stahlhelms, gentlemen.
>>
>>30574181

Oh god, OPpenheimer please leave for your own sanity
>>
>>30574105
>I can't wait to find out what delivery mechanism they use

I'm going with a Zepplin.
>>
>>30574266
He's gonna find an Me-262, I'm sure of it.
>>
File: ar234.jpg (115 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
ar234.jpg
115 KB, 1024x768
>>30574181
>When Washington fell and everything was being looted, he used some of that money to secure the Arado 234 he had seen in the Air and Space Museum. He’s restored it to flying condition and takes it up on occasion. It would carry a weapon of the size we’re talking about.”

I think we may have reached peak wehraboo

>It was a small aircraft, but a five-kiloton bomb was a small warhead. And the Arado was a bomber.

I'm not quite sure it works like this.

>“Do you think this guy Daktile will go along with us on nuking Atlanta?” I asked. “We’ll need him too, since nobody else will know how to fly the Arado.”

Maybe we'll have an interesting scene where they have to convince this guy that he is doing The Right Thing

>“I’m confident he will, sir,” Dano replied. “We talked politics a bit, and he’s from the Attila the Hun school.”

Maybe not

>They did. Two days later, Dano got me out of bed at 3 AM to turn on CNN. The blacks had acted overnight, and parts of the city were burning. That morning at 07:00 the leadership of the Free Commune of Black Atlanta staged a news conference to announce “the beginning of the liberation of the Black Man from the White Devils.” Whites, Asians, and Hispanics were being slaughtered throughout the city. The New South Congress was besieged by its erstwhile allies in the Convention Center, where it issued repeated pleas for dialogue and understanding. The Commune's response was mortars and Katyusha rockets.

I would laugh if he had actually built the New South up as villains, but -to quote a Lind's research source for the South- frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.
>>
>>30574273
Warmer
>>
>>30574299
Wait, where are those katyusha rockets coming from? Is Russia arming these guys at the same time they're buying shit from Maine?
>>
>>30574299
I think we can officially say it does not get better through the paywall
>>
>>30574181
>Oppenheimer can rip this apart better than I can.
Gladly.

>The South has put all its nuclear warheads in one place, right here near Savannah, on the site of the old reactor where the stuff for warheads used to be manufactured.
The only possible source for warheads would be King's Bay or Barksdale.
Either of those places would be more secure than Savannah considering the security is still in place for it.

This also means that they either have W76, W88, or B61's.
W76's and W88's would all need to be sent to LANL or Sandia to be remanufactured into something deliverable by aircraft since the safety devices wouldn't allow the device to detonate unless it's sensors detect that it has been launched by a ballistic missile.
So that leaves B61's.
And no mention of bypassing the PAL's for the weapons yet.

>So we want something small, maybe five kilotons.
Well then what you need is to build a new weapons program.
Or call the Tsar, since he gave you T-34s to fight with I can only assume that a man with that kind of sense of humor will gladly give you a nuclear weapon.

>Confederate Air Force
mysideshavereachedescapevelocity.exe

>>30574251
Im in this for the long haul. Been reading since the first one.

>>30574299
>Arado 234
WHAT?
>>
>>30574299
I can picture him beating the shit out of his dick while writing this.
>>
>>30574318
Shit. I had BOC all ready to go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMG1WCVff0I

And my second guess was an actual fucking V2 rocket, but man Lind found a way to out werhaboo me.
>>
File: Lind.jpg (92 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Lind.jpg
92 KB, 1024x768
Submitted without comment
>>
>>30574299
Did you pay for this?
If so, /k/ owes you a debt for bringing such laughter to us.
>>
I don't know my planes well enough, why is this one so funny?
>>
>>30574299
>We did not dither. The next day at dawn’s early light, the Arado was on the Rangers’ airfield, fueled and ready. A five-kiloton warhead was on board, with the fuse set for detonation at 3000 feet. Terry Daktile more than filled his old Marine Corps flight suit, but his grin was that of an 18-year old kid.

A heist of a nuclear warhead so boring and predictable, it didn't even get a paragraph

>The Arado was a two-seat aircraft, and while Daktile could do all that was necessary, I volunteered to fly with him

I guess it's nice that we'll get an actual POV for this

But then, for some stupid reason he doesn't. So we get than annoying, omniscient lecturer again.

>At 10:43 AM, while the near-centenarian Fonda was attempting to justify her anti-war activities during the Vietnam years with an eye toward history, she became history. The former Hollywood actress, the studio, and the headquarters of CNN, along with downtown Atlanta and the entire New South government, were at that precise moment vaporized by a nuclear detonation. All we saw was the screen go dark, but we knew what it meant. The rebel yells around me were deafening.

I love how he took the time to mention Jane Fonda getting vaporized. I guess that's another thing he's super asspained about.

>The celebrations grew into a full triumph when the Arado returned, zooming over the airfield in a victory pass before it glided in for a three-point landing. Daktile and the colonel were soaked in bourbon as they climbed out of the cockpit, then carried shoulder-high into the ready room amidst the loud hoo-ahs of the Rangers.

This has been the most boring nuclear weapon attack ever.

>It was the same everywhere. People held torchlight parades to celebrate their liberation from New South cultural Marxism and black terror. Atlanta had been the symbol of everything they hated, and its destruction came as a great release.

Naturally, nothing goes badly for the protagonists.
>>
>>30574455
I did pay for this. Someone has to bite the bullet.
>>
>>30574445
You think he'll make Lind his Secretary of Defense?
>>
>>30574475
In that case, I'm not voting
>>
>>30574459
He left the MLK historic site and the Carter Presidential Museum intact?
Seems like a missed opportunity for Lind.
>>
>>30574344
I guess they're like Qassam's

However, it fits our headcanon better that the Tsar is arming both sides pretty much for shits and giggles. He's a funny man
>>
>>30574459
After reading The Sum of All Fears, this whole section is godawful.

Fuck, after WATCHING The Sum of All Fears, this would still be godawful.
>>
>>30574459
>After seeing that we were bloodthirsty madmen willing to drop nuclear weapons with the express intention to eliminate people we don't like, the rest of the world teamed up and responded with nuclear attacks on us, but the joke was on them, because we were already living in the stone age.
>Key tenet of our strategy was that if we never developed anything of value, the enemy would have nothing to destroy!
>>
>>30574459
>During our interview, with typical southern courtesy Mr. Yancey had given me his private cell number, saying that if I needed his assistance I should contact him directly. I didn’t need his assistance, but it was evident he needed mine. At 9:17, I texted the following message:

Texting is pretty high-tech for Lind

>Just after ten PM, President Yancey finally appeared on the front steps of his official residence. His statement was brief, but it sufficed. “Fellow citizens, today your government did what had to be done. We could tolerate this sedition no longer. We regret that it had to come to this, to the destruction of a Southern city. But the choice was made by the New South, which was determined to destroy our Southern culture and replace it with the weakness and decadence of the former United States. We did not escape from that enemy in order to become it. Confederate forces are now moving to restore the authority of this government throughout the South. From here forward, there is only one South, the Old South, the True Confederacy.”

Who would have guessed that the South would have had the remnant of the cultural marxists. One of the better twists in this book t b h

>On April 6, 2034, Sergeant Danielov and I took ship at Charleston for Portland, Maine. The Rangers saw us off, after a dinner of she-crab soup, back country ham, and pecan pie at one of Charleston’s better establishments. That was all the send-off we wanted.

Can't we get more of effette antebellum and rough country music stereotypes. They're at least remotely pleasant compared to murderous Prussiaboos.

>“The day may come when that isn’t true,” [Kraft] replied. “You’ve got what it takes to run a campaign, or a war, in terms of your potential. And you’re still learning, which is the most important thing. Yes, that day may come.”

Oh boy, what strategy worthy of Alexander the Great will we see next?

End Chapter 36.
>>
>>30574593
The absolute madmen!
>>
>>30574459

They never got the whites out they were trying to save. I bet the UN won't react to this.
>>
>>30574598
>dinner of she-crab soup, back country ham, and pecan pie at one of Charleston’s better establishments.
Oh how suthun. He really makes his settings come alive.
>>
Christ you people. This is why /k/ is my home.
Billy Boy, Oppenheimer - Prost to you!
>>
Rumford is reverse Big Boss.
>>
I feel like this is Lind's ideal army

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyRhn0qqQsY

Just replace the nasheed for Gregorian chanting or Palestinalied
>>
>>30574668
Isn't The Boss reverse Big Boss? That struck me as the moral of Peace Walker.

Also
>females in the military REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>30574705
Silly question but where did they get M16s and M60s?
>>
Oh boy, Lind pontificates about the joys of trains in Chapter 37

Choo-choo, motherfuckers
>>
>>30573911
From what I gathered your in a souther city. Which one was it with the nig dealing in CDs was killed in? That's where you're at, right? Wish you best on the weeks ahead.
>>
>>30574743

>Light rail enthusiast

Should have seen this coming honestly
>>
>>30574743
LIGHT

RAIL

ENTHUSIAST
>>
>>30574746
Is he in Baton Rouge?

>>30574743
Please get a Po-Boy from Sammy's for those of us who are unable to indulge in such delights.
>>
>>30574772
WE
>>
>>30574746
Nawlins. Most of the happenings are in Baton Rouge (where the shooting in question happened), so things have been mostly quietly - thankfully
>>
>>30574798
NOLA?
Then a burger from Port o Call will do nicely.
>>
>>30574795
WUZ
>>
>>30574845
TRAINZ
>>
>>30574845
LIGHT
>>
>>30573576
>>30573573

>printwriter
What the fuck is this retarded shit
>hurr we need T-34s, soviet tank best tank
And just where in the fuck are you going to source 70 year old soviet tanks?

This is some teenage edgelord bullshit and it belongs in /pol/
>>
Reading a little ahead, I'm glad that I bought this. Because it gets sillier
>>
>>30574887
>Because it gets sillier
Impossible.
>>
>>30574795
SHALL
>>
>>30574445
GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY STATE LIND
>>
>>30574798
That's why you were so autistic in one of the first threads when he mentions that city. Again, best of you for the shit nearby. Hope you don't stand effected after all this blows over.

Also, thanks for the bantz m8!
>>
>>30574884
>And just where in the fuck are you going to source 70 year old soviet tanks?

The Tsar gave them as a gift
>>
>>30574884
They sourced the T-34s from the Tsarist Russia. Because the author is a monarchist and hates everything remotely liberal.
>>
File: Chinatown.jpg (103 KB, 500x271) Image search: [Google]
Chinatown.jpg
103 KB, 500x271
>>30574898
Forget it, Oppenheimer. It's Victoria.
>>
>>30574898
Just wait till we go west.
>>
>>30574943
There's going to be cowboys fighting aztecs and banditos. Calling it right now.
>>
>>30574914

Not modern liberal either. Like, Classical Liberal
>>
File: 1458794605785.gif (106 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1458794605785.gif
106 KB, 512x512
>>30574970
>>30574623
I feel like I should've been using this one a lot more often.
>>
Chapter 37: >>>/pol/

>I’d missed the big Atlanta light show, but as if to compensate, in the Fall of 2034 the forests put on a brilliant exhibition of their own. Nature was New England’s noblest artist, and she blazed the hills in orange, gold, and scarlet that year. We old-timers remember it as one of the half-dozen best vintages of our lifetimes.

Can't we have more of this instead of psychopathic wehraboos

>I was pleased to discover nobody got nervous when I arrived unexpected. John Ross was in command of both the battalion and the school, so I anticipated I'd find both in good shape, and I did. I turned the Southern campaign I’d just come from into an Operational Decision Game for the young officers and NCOs, forbidding them to use the real solution, which made it tough for them.

I feel like just about anything would be a better solution than what Rumford actually came up with.

>Trains have the advantage of being social. You meet people on trains, talk with them, and often develop the strange intimacy that comes from knowing you will part in a few hours, never to meet again. Travel on back roads opens other windows. You see people at work in their fields, factories, and homes. You develop a sense whether towns are prospering or decaying. You get an earful from hitchhikers (astonished and delighted to get a ride in a truck, not a wagon) and town drunks and old men in the diner and young women running inns. You can take the temperature of the land you’re passing through.

LIGHT
>>
>>30574997
>Inland, shipping meant the railroads, and along their steel spines the Metropolitan Corridor was coming to life again. As the auto-driven malls and strips lay crumbling, the towns along the railroads were reviving. People again came to town to sell their produce and crops and to buy the manufactures they needed. Each town’s railroad sidings were full of freight cars, and they didn’t sit there long. Merchants, too, began to earn livings, as “Saturday night in town” saw the sidewalks thick with people and stores open. More people window-shopped than bought, but they wanted to buy, and as they got money, they would.

RAIL

>Some found jobs with the railroads, the single greatest employer in the 19th century. The small town station agent was again a busy man. Wherever the capital could be assembled, trails were being converted back to rails. In Schenectady, the American Locomotive Works was turning out Consolidations, Mikados, and Ten-Wheelers.

ENTHUSIAST

>Because kids can’t walk very far, most of the schools they went to were local, one-room affairs. I stopped in and visited a number of them. There was one schoolteacher, usually a woman. She taught the older kids, and they did most of the teaching of the younger kids, which meant they really had to learn the material. Most communities had again posted the Ten Commandments up front by the blackboard—these schools relied on chalk, not computers—and everyplace I visited, the children were hard at work. No one need fear sending their kids to these public schools.

Because all the negroes are out in the fields
>>
File: tmp_20460-250px-Cia-15078827.png (114 KB, 250x286) Image search: [Google]
tmp_20460-250px-Cia-15078827.png
114 KB, 250x286
>>30574739
;)
>>
>>30574997
>Operational Decision Game

>Your squad comes under fire from a far ambush. They have LMGs but no mortars. What do you do Johnson?
>Bathe Atlanta in hellfire, sir. Fuck the niggers.
>>
>>30575045
This is fucking retarded. If the world was half as fucked as Lind portrays it as being, people would be locking up their homes at night like Will Smith in I Am Legend.
>>
>>30574997
>take Atlanta back without the use of nukes

Except this is Lind's fantasy so any answer involving sieges, blockades, or conventional bombing tactics were automatically wrong.
>>
File: nazi march.jpg (110 KB, 800x534) Image search: [Google]
nazi march.jpg
110 KB, 800x534
>>30575045
>Motoring in the Northern Confederation was a slow business, not just because of the state of the roads, but because the roads had people in them: people in wagons, people on bicycles, and, mostly, people on foot. Morning and evening, the crowds of kids walking to school swarmed the highways.

Surely this is worth giving up computers and air conditioning for

>Life was becoming local again, and local means real. The scale of most things was small. People found they could get their hands around their lives without everything running through their fingers. News was what the neighbor said over the back fence. The economy was the price of eggs or corn or butter. The girl’s heartthrob was the boy next door. Music was grandmother at the piano.

What is this, a fucking Chick tract?

>I opened the door to find a big, square-jawed, blond-haired, blue-eyed kid, obviously military, but not in uniform. My first take was that it was one of our sergeants or junior officers, come to pay a call on his CO. If he wanted to see me enough to make his way to Hartland in winter, he was welcome to some of my time. He might learn something, and so might I. Here again, Maine wasn't formal.

>“Good morning, Captain Rumford,” the kid said, snapping a salute. “I’m Hauptsturmführer Halsing of the Wisconsin Landwehr. I have a letter for you from our Leader, Herr von Braun.”

Buckle up lads, because Wisconsin is the site of the 4th Reich. If you thought Kraft was a wehraboo, prepare your anus

>“Those were my orders from Leader von Braun, sir. We do not question our Leader’s orders.”

What sort of Nazi doesn't issue mission-type orders?
>>
File: nazi chainsaw.gif (863 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
nazi chainsaw.gif
863 KB, 500x281
>>30575141
>If you thought Kraft was a wehraboo, prepare your anus
>>
>>30575141
It couldn't be a Chick Tract because Chick's conspiracy theories about the Roman Catholic church would trigger Lind's autism.
>>
>>30575141
Hell yeah, time to sperg about my home. Except I know Chicago has already fallen to the negroid hordes by this point.

This kid is gonna be the descendant of an honorable German officer who was taken POW, moved to Wisconsin and loved to death while in the lax camps. I except a line about how the POWs had good relations with the people.
>>
>>30575141
Sorry if I'm a little out of the loop but what happened to the actual Germany? Or for that matter the designated Nazi escape country of Argentina? Why would they be in Wisconsin? WHY WOULD WISCONSIN BE USING ANY GERMAN EVEN IF THEY DID GO NAZI?
>>
>>30575141
>I knew of Leader Braun. He had put together something called the Party of Will out in Wisconsin and Minnesota. Thanks to cities like Milwaukee and St. Paul, those states had gotten a good taste of the disorder that engulfed the rest of the Midwest. It wasn’t as bad as Illinois or Pennsylvania, but it was bad enough to get the local Germans and Scandinavians riled. Northern peoples haven’t much tolerance of disorder, and when they get mad, which they don’t do easily, they don’t just sound off. They kill.

Think about why these guys might be the bad guys. I promise you that Lind will disappoint you even more.

>Braun was trying to organize the killing. His Party of Will spouted a vaguely Nazi ideology, built around the usual Aryan superiority, the need for order, extermination of the Untermenschen and so on. He’d organized a militia, which was hardly unique, but his seemed to have a more serious military edge than most. They’d sustained a major, month-long cross-border operation into the Chicago area to wipe out black gangs raiding
up into Wisconsin.

I don't see much difference

>That meant they had a serious supply-and-maintenance organization, among other things. Halsing's rank, which was straight out of the SS organization chart, told me what they were using for a model.

Is it any surprise that Rumford knows the SS rank chart to a Tee. Also, I can't believe logistics were mentioned positively.

>Herr Braun's letterhead was a black eagle with long, straight wings, beneath which was a funny three-legged device I recognized as the symbol of the Dutch SS division during World War II. He wasn’t quite to the point of resurrecting the swastika, it seemed. But the content of the letter suggested that would come soon enough.

Pic related, I think.

Next comes the letter
>>
>>30575236
The End made a fair portion of the cheese eaters go mad.
>>
File: SS Legions.jpg (106 KB, 400x756) Image search: [Google]
SS Legions.jpg
106 KB, 400x756
>>30575259
Woops, forgot pic
>>
>>30575236
fa/tg/uy here. We are balls deep in William Lind's magical realm here. Your logic simply doesn't apply here.
>>
>>30575236

Wisc. and the upper midwest are heavily German. Until the first world war German was the second most spoken language in the US because of WI, MN, the Dakotas and the area.
>>
File: M36_British_Free_Corps_Tunic.jpg (100 KB, 655x596) Image search: [Google]
M36_British_Free_Corps_Tunic.jpg
100 KB, 655x596
>>30575272
it misses one (platoon sized group but hey...)
>>
>>30575322
>Mosley's fan club
>Relevant
>>
>>30575259

>Dear Captain Rumford!
>Greetings from the Aryan Heartland! I write first to express my personal approval for your brilliant actions in defending the White Race and Aryan Culture in eastern North America. I am personally admiring of the Germanic decisiveness of your successful campaigns.

Of course he does

>For us, the decisive moment is coming also. The Black-Jewish-Freemason conspiracy is yet alive on our soil. But its fate will soon be determined. Hourly, our Landwehr and Freikorps swell with eager Aryan recruits. The Will to Power is in their blood, and it cannot be denied. Everything inferior will be reduced to ashes under its feet.
>When that moment comes, a Fourth Reich will arise from our rich Northern soil. All that was lost in 1945 will stand forth again, cleansed and renewed, stronger and harder for the experience of temporary defeat. The Will of the Leader and the iron discipline of those who follow him will prove to all time that Racial Mastery cannot be denied. It is an Iron Law of History.
>My personal Will to Power ensures our victory. However, I am aware that others have roles to play in our Aryan Triumph. Your achievements in the Blood-sacrifice of War grant you the honor of joining us. I have personally ordered that a place on our muster rolls be reserved for you, with the rank of Obergruppenführer. Hauptsturmfführer Halsing will escort you to our Free, Aryan, Unspotted land where the Will Triumphs.
>Sieg Heil! Von Braun
>PS - Please regard this as a formal request to your government for your assistance as an advisor to our Party and its armed forces.

The letter.

>Von Braun, indeed, I thought. Where did he get his “von,” from, a cereal box? An image swam unstoppably into my mind: Charlie Chaplin in The Great Dictator.

Lind isn't a Nazi, guyz
>>
>>30575343
>Lind isn't a Nazi
But everyone in Wisconsin is?
>>
>>30575082
Underrated post. Best summation of this madness yet.
>>
>>30575259
>They’d sustained a major, month-long cross-border operation into the Chicago area

There it is. Worth noting, if this militia formed in N Wisconsin, then the 'Chicago area' could reach all the way north to Milwaukee and Madison and included 10 million people. I'm sure most of us died in the negro-ing, but this seems a lot for a bunch of cheese head Nazis. Also doubt how effective Blitzkrieg is in massive urban sprawl.
>>
>>30575354
Anscheinend.
>>
>>30575354
Apparently there was a memo.
>>
>>30575343
>My first reaction was to throw the letter in the stove and send Captain Halsing on his way, this time with a laissez passer so he wouldn’t embarrass our border guards again. I glanced at him across the table, where he was working on his third boiled egg. His expressionless face and chiseled features gave the contradictory impression of an android feeding. After weeks on the lam dodging our patrols and everyone else he met, he was clean, carefully shaven, immaculate. In World War II, American soldiers always wondered how the German officers they captured managed that.

Even when he's trying to insult the Nazis, he can't help but praise them

At this point, the Hauptmann wants something to do, so Rumford sends him out to the woodpile.

>The reasons to refuse Herr Braun’s request were easy enough to catalogue. I didn’t like Nazis. I thought the past, what America had and was from around 1865 to about 1965, was better than what had followed, better even than what we had now in the N.C. Bill Kraft’s Retroculture appealed to me. The Nazis were nothing if not modern. Hitler would have loved computers and color television and the rest of the video screen infernal devices.

That's right, the Nazis are bad because they like technology

>The Nazis also disliked Christianity – Nietzsche’s “slave religion”–and had tried to revive Norse paganism in the Third Reich. Funny how the real pagan revival had come from the radical left, the goddess-worshipping feminists and the Gaia-worshipping greens, in the last years of the American republic. Little did they realize whose hand they were holding. My own Christian faith had grown stronger, year by year, as realities like war and poverty and the deaths of too many friends stripped away my spiritual impedimenta. Besides, I knew enough history to know where Nietzsche’s philosophy came from: his syphilis.

And atheists! As for the Holocaust
>>
>>30575379
I'm already doubting how effect Blitzkrieg is in a world where gasoline in places outside of Maine is $50/gallon. But, you know, fuck logistics.
>>
>>30575399
They can't be atheists if they're worshiping Thor and sacrificing horses to Odin.
>>
File: Farting and Screaming.gif (980 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
Farting and Screaming.gif
980 KB, 500x280
Why. How. I'm trying to make my headache go away but now it's getting worse.
>>
>>30575399
>video screen infernal devices.

Given this is Lind, I take it he assumes CRTs are the invention of literal Satan and this isn't a turn of phrase
>>
File: Military Advisor.jpg (111 KB, 1000x748) Image search: [Google]
Military Advisor.jpg
111 KB, 1000x748
>>30575399
Well done, Lind. Well fucking done.
>>
>>30575399
>There was the Holocaust to reckon in the account. I didn’t put as high a value on that as some people did. History, ancient and modern, was full of holocausts, one people wiping another people out. Met any Carthaginians lately? Jews had carried out plenty of holocausts of their own.

As they say, Fuhgeddabouddit!

>Of course, I was also partly responsible for nuking Atlanta, so some might question my moral own abacus. With reason

I guess Hitler was also a Hard Man Making Hard Decisions

>What made the Holocaust unique was its impersonal, industrial efficiency. That, more than the killing itself, got towards the heart of why I didn’t like Nazism. In an ideal Nazi state, every aspect of life would be icily efficient. The whole place would be one vast factory, with every machine working perfectly, and every person merely another, identical machine.

Stabbing people to death is a-okay, but heaven forbid you use technology to speed it up. I feel like he and Vasily Blokhin would get along swimmingly.

>My Utopia came from Tolkien: The Shire, where fuddy-duddy hobbits smoked their long pipes, endlessly re-told the same stories and liked their meals regular.

Tolkien would be appalled at the Northern Confederation/Victoria

>But there was another side to the coin. Leader Braun and his boys were up against the same canaille we’d had to fight: Black Muslims, the Dykes on Bikes Motorcycle Cavalry Brigade, the Theban Band, Deep Greeners, the whole zoo.
>Dykes on Bikes Motorcycle Cavalry Brigade
>Theban Band

This sounds more interesting than nuking Atlanta tbqh

>Minnesota had long been loony-left country, and they had a real chance of winning out there. If the lunatics won, the Christians would go up the chimneys. This wasn’t the kind of war where anyone took prisoners.

We need some more Mad Max
>>
>>30575497
>There was also the possibility that, if I were to go out with Halsing and help put Farmer Brown in power, he wouldn’t last. The fact that he aspired to be an evil genius like Hitler didn’t make him one. This looked like history first as tragedy, then as farce. A Nazi regime that decayed quickly would probably not return to chaos. The forces of chaos would have been liquidated quickly, as its first order of business. More probably, it would evolve into something authoritarian, but not totalitarian. In an authoritarian state, everything that is not permitted is forbidden. Under totalitarianism, everything that is not forbidden is compulsory. The latter was unbearable, but the former tolerable, and in a time of general collapse it might be a fair trade-off for order and competence. Nazi ideology was empty enough that it also might collapse, leaving a vacuum that could be filled by a return to tradition.

Lind's genius political insight

>“We are Übermenschen in the Party of Will, sir,” [Halsman] replied. “And we don’t joke about work.”
>“What do you joke about?”
>“Jews."

I admit that I chuckled.

They go down to see Kraft, Der Fuhrer of Maine himself, since he's supposed to call the shots or something. He refuses to cooperate with the Wisconsin Nazis

>“The word ‘ideology’, and the thing itself, came from that Pandora’s Box of the Enlightenment, the French Revolution. An ideology takes a set of ideas, from one philosopher or another, and from them constructs an abstract ideal of how society should work. Invariably, the ideal runs afoul of human nature and of reality itself. Perhaps you remember the Third Reich joke that the ideal Nazi is slim like Göring and blond like Hitler.

Ideology is bad because it gets mugged by reality or something.

>“What about your own ideology of Retroculture, sir?” Halsing asked. He’d obviously been well briefed for his mission.

A logical retort. Get ready of Kraft's response.
>>
File: wopr.jpg (102 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
wopr.jpg
102 KB, 1600x900
Guys, I think I know what he'll find in Colorado.
>>
>>30575583
We should find such an angel of mercy...
>>
File: the-blues-brothers-4.jpg (88 KB, 1679x903) Image search: [Google]
the-blues-brothers-4.jpg
88 KB, 1679x903
>>30575582
Wisconsin Nazis. I hate Wisconsin Nazis.
>>
>>30575600
Don't get your hopes up. He'll probably tell it all about Fourth Generation war and it'll run through a million scenarios and finally say

>A strange game. The only way to win is to gas the kikes.
>>
File: koizumi super aryan.jpg (119 KB, 499x727) Image search: [Google]
koizumi super aryan.jpg
119 KB, 499x727
>>30575582
>“That’s not an ideology, Captain, but an escape from ideology and a return to organic society. Up until the early 1960s, when the ideology of cultural Marxism began to take over, America had not been an ideological society. Like our English forebears, we thought and lived the way we did because those ways had grown up naturally, over many generations. That kind of society is philosophically untidy, but it works as well as human society can. Instead of contradicting human nature, it develops from it. Burke’s analogy was to the root system of a great tree. It follows no apparent pattern, but it is deep, and strong, and gets the job done. Have you ever read Burke, Captain?”

You sure showed him, Fedora Man!

However, the Leader anticipated that they would decline.

>“What I saw on my way from your western border to Hartland, sir,” Halsing said. “You’re allowing niggers to move into your countryside. I saw ads for kosher products in some towns. You don’t have the will to exterminate the unfit. Captain Rumford didn’t have the will to shoot a dog that let me into his house. You’re supposed to be the military leader here, and you don’t have the will to keep yourself in shape. You’re fat.”

I can't believe that anyone would be more despicable than Kraft, but what a twist.

>"I will have you know I am in perfect shape for the operational level of war,” [Kraft] replied

I know that Spacebattles was convinced that Rumford was Lind's insert. I believe that it's Kraft.

Kraft has the Hauptmann arrested.

>I would have liked to offer him a commission in our own Spec Ops unit, Nazi or no Nazi.

Thanks for the input, Rumford. However, Halsing gets loose because he went Super Aryan or something.

>About three months later, I got a nice letter from Captain Halsing, postmarked Milwaukee, thanking me for my hospitality. He was the model Nazi, cold, competent, and perfectly polite.

End Chapter 37
>>
>>30575666
>retroculture isn't an ideology even though we base our entire community around it

Ebin
>>
Where can I buy this amazing piece of art?
>>
>>30575497
>the Christians would go up the chimneys. This wasn’t the kind of war where anyone took prisoners.

guys the holocost was self defense
>>
File: 1428478284200.jpg (29 KB, 320x371) Image search: [Google]
1428478284200.jpg
29 KB, 320x371
>>30575666
>"You’re supposed to be the military leader here, and you don’t have the will to keep yourself in shape. You’re fat.”

BURNED UP LIKE DRESDEN
>>
>>30575794
Rekt
>>
https://www.traditionalright.com/victoria/

I'm reading this, I don't care what you all say about it. We'll see how bad it gets.
>>
Fuck me, it gets even dumber

This book is the gift that keeps on giving
>>
>>30575735
Amazon or Castalia House
>>
>>30575860
How many chapters total
>>
>>30575923
>>
you know who would love this?

>>>/pol/
>>
I'm going to take a break for dinner
>>
>>30573573

> Lind was sometimes criticized for having never served in the military, for having "never dodged a bullet, he had never led men in combat, he had never even worn a uniform and clearly spending way too much time playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare"

[ ]not rekt
[ ]rekt
[X]#fukkin rekt m8
>>
>>30575950
You know who also loves this faggot?

/k/
>>
>>30576085
A locally produced dinner using meat and vegetables raised by negro slaves I MEAN proud CORN members I assume?
>>
File: shut-up-hippie-nixon.jpg (29 KB, 286x400) Image search: [Google]
shut-up-hippie-nixon.jpg
29 KB, 286x400
Chapter 38: Hippies Redux

>As it turned out, the Nazis took over Wisconsin while the cultural Marxists conquered Minnesota. Jews, blacks, Hispanics, and feminists fled Wisconsin for Minnesota, running headlong into whites and Asians coming the other way. Leader Braun set up a concentration camp at Oshkosh, with gas chambers, ovens, the whole works, and began building a new state capitol in the form of a swastika so huge it would be visible from space.

Oh, you thought that the nazis were going to put up a fight

>Neither regime lasted very long. Braun, along with most of his top henchmen, fell victim to an unexplained release of Zyklon-B during a “Beer Hall Night” in the Rathskeller of the new state capitol building. In a brief but bloody civil war, the remaining Nazis were defeated and locked up in their own concentration camp, where they escaped only as smoke.

You were wrong

>The victorious militias actually held a clean, statewide election for governor, which was won by a former mayor of Milwaukee known for his love of traditional architecture and desire to bring back streetcars. Wisconsin remained orderly and set about recovering its past.

Is this supposed to reference anyone?

>We in the N.C. watched with growing concern as one brought totalitarianism to Cascadia: the ideology of Deep Green.

Why do they give shit? They're on the other coast.

I can't wait for the return to omniscient, condescending newscaster POV.

>What they really wanted was power. They knew that everything ultimately comes from the earth, and whoever controls the earth controls everything else. More, every human action affects the environment, so in the environment’s name, every human action can be controlled. Environmentalism was the perfect justification for totalitarian power.

Who cares about fighting neo-Nazis when we can hear about the evils of straw environmentalists, right?
>>
File: bender reaction.jpg (48 KB, 400x301) Image search: [Google]
bender reaction.jpg
48 KB, 400x301
>>30576604
>As with communism or Nazism, there were plenty of warnings. As early as the 1980s, factories were being closed, large tracts of land made off-limits to humans, and thousands of jobs lost to protect nominally endangered species like snail darters, which turned out to be more prolific than thought, and spotted owls, which weren’t even a separate species. Property rights were overturned with abandon but without compensation. Farmers went to jail for filling in low spots along a fence because someone called them protected wetlands. The EPA became America’s Gestapo, but because its agents didn’t wear leather trench coats and black fedoras, few people saw them for what they were. The few who did were labeled extremists or friends of pollution.

Not the EPA!

>Just as Hitler did in Mein Kampf, the enviro-Nazis published their grim vision of America’s future. At a huge eco-conference in Vancouver, B.C. in 1990, U.N. Envirocrat Mostafa Tolba said, “I am advocating The User’s Fee – a fee for using the environmental resources like air.” Earth First! co-founder Dave Foreman said, “A human life has no more intrinsic value than an individual grizzly bear life. If it came down to a confrontation between a grizzly and a friend, I’m not sure whose side I’d be on. But I do know humans are a disease, a cancer on nature.” Australian eco-freak Richard Jones added, “An ant is as much a part of God as a polar bear, or a koala, or you and me…I think they're all spiritually equal.”

See pic
>>
>>30576635
Are you guys making threads just to mock some book? Is the book real? Who is Lind? Why does anyone care?
>>
File: chibi awoo.jpg (99 KB, 894x894) Image search: [Google]
chibi awoo.jpg
99 KB, 894x894
>>30576635
>The prophets of global warming in the 21st century were often the same people who in the 1970s had warned about a coming ice age. But most of the media were caught up in the environmentalism fad, so the contradictions were ignored and the real scientists whose work debunked the fanatics received no mention.

Add to the list of things Lind hates: global warming. A Jewish, excuse me, cultural Marxist trick.

>are a disease, a cancer on nature.” Australian eco-freak Richard Jones added, “An ant is as much a part of God as a polar bear, or a koala, or you and me…I think they're all spiritually equal.”

They were even open about their lying. In October of 1989, Discover magazine quoted one of the many professional prophets of environmental doom, Stephen Schneider:

We need to get some broad-based support, to capture the public’s imagination. That, of course, entails getting loads of media coverage. So we have to offer up scary scenarios, make simplified, dramatic statements, and make little mention of any doubts we may have.

The prophets of global warming in the 21st century were often the same people who in the 1970s had warned about a coming ice age. But most of the media were caught up in the environmentalism fad, so the contradictions were ignored and the real scientists whose work debunked the fanatics received no mention.

>But when the government started grabbing their dogs and cats on the grounds that it was “degrading for an animal to be owned by a human,” some resisted. Those who did were sent to sensitivity camps where they were compelled to go naked except for a dog collar, walk on all fours, and bark or meow for their suppers.

Awoo~

>Cascadia had yearly elections to its governing body, a 3,000-member General Assembly that met only once, to elect a thirteen-member governing board called Paleopitus

Still makes more sense then Kraft being dictator of Maine
>>
>>30576604
>>30576711
Wait, why were the Nazis even in this fucking book? Just to make a point about how being luddites would've saved them?
>>
>>30576746

because we should be emulating Imperial Germany, not the Third Reich, obviously
>>
>>30576746
Probably so Lind could dodge Nazi comparisons, by showing how his ideology was totes different and his wehraboo tendencies definitely have nothing to do with the Nazis.
>>
>>30576746
That and also so Lind could say "see I'm not a nazi"
>>
>>30576686
Oh god, I just read his Wikipedia article. I now hate the man. So many ideas I hold and cherish mixed up with utter nonsensical shit by a chicken hawk autist and light rail "enthusiast."
>>
>>30576711
>In 2032, the Deep Greeners attained a majority on the Paleopitus and the gloves came off. All killing of animals was forbidden and the sale, possession, or eating of meat was outlawed. Pedestrians were compelled to sweep the sidewalk in front of them lest they step on a bug.

Wew lad

>By 2033, Cascadian cities and towns were organized into “goves” where everyone was encouraged to denounce everyone else for the crime of “Ecocide.” Swatting flies or mosquitoes, pulling weeds, or owning a flush toilet all counted. Trial came before Green Courts where animals made up the jury. A seer interpreted their votes, which were always guilty. The automatic penalty was revocation of your breathing license, followed by tying a plastic bag over your head.

>The bag, of course, was reusable.

Top kek

At this point, Cascadia basically becomes North Korea. Or at least, vegetarian North Korea.

>The government began distributing protein packs of flat, flabby “nutrients.” Guessing its origin, people called it Soylent Green.

And cannibalism

>Normal tyrants might have eased up at this point. But the gods of the Paleopitus were not satisfied by thousands of human sacrifices. Humans were, after all, still a cancer on the Earth. The Western World, to which Cascadia had once belonged, had “criminally deprived their brown and black brothers on Gaia of a rightful share of Gaia’s gifts.” The goddess was still angry over this injustice. So Cascadia would pay reparations. Her remaining resources—her timber, old and new growth, her minerals, her agricultural products—were offered as gifts to whatever Third World countries would take them.

This entire segment is probably one of the dumber things in this book, and that includes nuking Atlanta with a vintage Arado 234
>>
File: beyondbelief.jpg (71 KB, 553x599) Image search: [Google]
beyondbelief.jpg
71 KB, 553x599
>>30576866
>The automatic penalty was revocation of your breathing license, followed by tying a plastic bag over your head.

>The bag, of course, was reusable.

Is this real life?
>>
File: German Engineering in the Haus.jpg (101 KB, 610x706) Image search: [Google]
German Engineering in the Haus.jpg
101 KB, 610x706
>>30576900
I don't even know anymore, man.
>>
>>305767963

Even if he did down play the holocaust and basically say he'd do the same thing if push came to shove.

Also I think he just wanted to give a shout out to "Message to Garcia" with Halsing
>>
>>30576866
>Ideology had come full circle, as it always did. Communism promised a classless society and created a ruling class unparalleled in its selfishness, greed, and brutality. Nazism promised the mastery of the Herrenvolk and ended up with Germany incinerated and occupied. Deep Green promised a natural paradise and turned a beautiful country into one vast, hideous strip mine, a place of dust and ashes. A Shire had become a Mordor.

And Retroculture should send you back to the 30 Years War if it weren't for authorial fiat

>Cascadia’s borders were heavily patrolled by the EPA, renamed the Environmental Police Agency and de jure as well as de facto, but the countryside was wild and escape and evasion were relatively easy. The only thing that kept most people from walking out of Cascadia was physical weakness, the product of their scanty vegetarian diet.

Is this the real life?

>One day in March of 2034, a party of high mucketymucks from Portland went out into the woods west of the Willamette to spur on the clear-cutting. Time was money, and Chinese ships didn’t like to wait. Since the journey was easy and the weather fine, one of the goddesses of the Paleopitus deigned to go along. She led the mere mortals through the forest, giving clear orders about what was to be cut and how soon. Her tone did not encourage delay. Coming upon one stand of old growth, her petulance turned to anger. She specifically remembered ordering it cut down two months ago. The gold from that timber was destined for a statue of Ceres which was to adorn Seattle harbor. It was a matter of particular interest to her, since Ceres’s face would be modeled on her own.

Or just fantasy
>>
>>30576866
>Trial came before Green Courts where animals made up the jury. A seer interpreted their votes, which were always guilty

Kek
>>
>>30576965
>Turning to select a victim, she found herself alone. Furious, she started back down the trail, thinking blood. At the first bend she found it. Her chief attendant lay dead with an arrow through her throat. The feathers on the arrow, she noted, had come from a spotted owl. That wasn’t surprising, since the owls were plentiful, but touching one was a capital offense nonetheless. Someone would pay.

Caught in a landslide

>The search party found the goddess just before evening. She, too, had died with an arrow through her throat. She had also been skinned, and her hide splayed and tacked up on a large tree just as animal skins had once been nailed to barn doors for drying.

No escape from reality

>Had the Cascadian Paleopitus possessed the slightest shred of wisdom, or even a morsel of healthy fear, they would have hushed the whole thing up. But, as tyrants will, they had cut themselves off from any hint or suggestion that they were less than wildly popular. Certain the citizens of Cascadia would rise as one person in horror and outrage over the vile crime, they trumpeted it from the housetops. But no one answered the trumpet’s call.

But if Kraft and Lind did this, it would work perfectly

>Firearms were scarce—gun control had been near the top of the Green agenda, since guns killed furry little creatures—and bows required skill, but crossbows filled the gap. They were easy to aim and shoot, and secret armories were soon turning them out in numbers. Ambushes became common.

We /hunger games/ now

>The Deep Green's shock troops had always been kids, who were brought up on environmental ideology from their first day in kindergarten. Now, those teenagers were making environmentalism itself the object of their rebellion.

Here's your Green Dawn.

I'm surprised that, in this situation, Lind sees the Chinese setting up a client state in North America as bad.

>>30576553
Of course, fellow white TRUE Christian
>>
>>30576965

I feel like I'm watching some kind of weird porno. Like the first half was to tease the reader in to the truely bizarre stuff they really wanted behind the PayPal. "Hey big boy, wanna see it get really good? Wanna see what I can do with this nuke.. and even more?" kinda thing. But for delusional paranoids
>>
>>30577063
>The high summer of 2035 found me enjoying the squire’s life in Hartland, working in my fields in the morning and on the campaign history in the afternoon. The sergeant who was helping me with the documentation even knew how to cook. Life didn’t get much better than that, at least for those of us who like to think big but live small.

Naturally when you have Responsible Negroes to farm

>The N.C. already had one brush with the Deep Greeners, and the fact that Deep Green made a mess of Cascadia didn’t eliminate the danger. Ideologies so blind those who swallow them that facts don’t matter, and they move across borders easier than other plagues

How true this is

>So long as the Deep Greeners could export Cascadia’s resources, they could get foreign exchange. So long as they could get foreign exchange, they could import mercenaries.

Just like North Korea

>The 21st century offered plenty of armies for rent.

This is important for something really dumb we'll see later.

>The enemy’s hinge was the link to Chinese money, and the way to strike it was from the other end.

I still don't see why they care. Or why their Chinese masters would let them.

However, their Russian masters are willing to help them do something against the Chinese in Cascadia for vague reasons I don't really understand. Because they have problems with eco-terrorism and are rivals with China.

Lind really is a reverse Rennaisance man; he's ignorant about everything.

>He grasped my point at once. “You’re right,” he said. “I hadn’t seen it that way, but you’re absolutely correct. If we can cut off the exchange of Cascadian resources for Chinese money, the Deep Green leadership’s whole game collapses. The question is, how can we do that? Our navy has no such reach.”

Just wait for Rumford's solution.
>>
>>30577278
Is the solution "dude nukes lmao"?
>>
>>30577063
>The search party found the goddess just before evening. She, too, had died with an arrow through her throat. She had also been skinned, and her hide splayed and tacked up on a large tree just as animal skins had once been nailed to barn doors for drying.

Holy shit, Lind doesn't fuck around
>>
>>30576635
>enviro-Nazis
if only Washington would be so lucky
>>
>>30577278
But I thought the Chinese were Rumford's pals.
>>
File: muv luv yamato.jpg (102 KB, 1024x600) Image search: [Google]
muv luv yamato.jpg
102 KB, 1024x600
>>30577278
>“The Tsar would be extremely reluctant to confront the Chinese,” Father Dimitri replied. “Remember, we share a long border with China, and we want that border to be a friendly one. Moreover, we and the Chinese are cooperating extensively to confront the Muslim threat we both face. Islam is an even greater danger than the Deep Green ideology, and we would not be so short-sighted as to sacrifice a greater objective for a lesser one.”

So the Chinese are uneasy allies of Russia, but the Russians okay with their dirt poor client state starting shit with the Chinese.

>“As you are aware, China and Japan are now bitter rivals,”

Lind's Japan is going to something resembling 1980s Yellow Peril, the IJN, and samurai flicks - calling it here

>“Especially they are rivals for raw materials. In the time of the United States, the American Pacific Northwest was a primary source of raw materials, especially timber, for Japan. That is why Japan financed the U.N. effort to preserve the federal union. The Japanese are angry at the loss of those resources. Worse, those same materials are now flowing to her main competitor, China, and China is getting them at less than the world market price. Japan is losing her ability to compete, and MITI is not happy.”

Setting the situation.

>I also knew that in a naval confrontation, Japan would have the advantage over China. Since the beginning of the century, both countries had built powerful, blue water fleets. But the Imperial Japanese Navy was a real navy, one that could go places and do things.
>Imperial Japanese Navy

pic related, I hope

>Japan was by geography a maritime country, and the Japanese were first-rate sailors. The Chinese navy was merely a collection of ships. It spent little time at sea and Chinese naval officers still found oceanic navigation something of a challenge. The Chinks were lubbers, and as history had shown time and again, it’s the people that count, not the ships.

Convenient
>>
>>305774523
>IJN

Oh fuck me
>>
>>30577359
You wish

>>30577412
Me too. But we know that his grasp on international politics is shakey.
>>
>>30577452
>China and Japan are now bitter rivals
Aww but they were such good friends before
>>
they'd better hope the PLAN doesn't think of using spar torpedoes and mortar fishing boats
>>
>>30577452
>“That would be too direct,” he replied. “Remember, we’re talking about the Orient. The indirect approach is the preferable approach.”

Very honorabru

>Bill and I both had to think about that one. He got it first. “Are you suggesting we rent the Japanese navy?”

This is their genius fucking plan

>“My guess, and it is only that, is one Pine Tree dollar–and the understanding that Cascadia would resume its previous place in the Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere.”

It's okay to carve up North America as long the Chinese don't do it?

I really don't get it. I don't see the incentive for Japan or why it won't bring the wrath of the Chinese down upon them.

>International law, if the term still had any meaning, now recognized forces hired on contract as belonging to the country that contracted for them. Usually, such forces were provided by private entrepreneurs. But states had rented out parts of their own militaries—“Hessians” was again the term of art—and the rule still applied: the state that had contracted for them was responsible for their actions, not the state that supplied them.

This doesn't make it any more sensible. Then the Chinese are going to kill their development projects in the NC if not go to war.

>“But I’m prepared to make it on their behalf. It’s a natural relationship, since Cascadia has looked toward the Pacific since well back in the 20th century, and Japan is the dominant maritime power in the Pacific."

So make the Japanese more dominant...

Meet the new boss, same as the old

>“If the Cascadians won’t honor the commitment, well, we’ll just have to rent another fleet and make them see reason.”

Is this about bombing the Cascadian rebels into submission of the NC's aims? I don't get it.

And this basically ends Chapter 38.
>>
>>30577619
Now you're thinking Fourth Generationally
>>
>>30577629

I'm so fucking lost. Why is bombing Cascadia important again? They dealt with the green mountaineers easily. What happened to the Indians? And I still don't know if Prussia exists or if there's secret Prussians doing shit behind the scenes. And why would Japan become imperial? They were doing great last we saw them. Fuck I want this plane to take off so I can put my phone on airplane.
>>
>>30577629
>going to rent the world's most powerful navy for a dollar

That's pretty silly and will be even more silly when the IJN takes up their offer.
>>
>>30577753

Prussia doesn't exist. Bill Kraft just cosplays as a Prussian and idolizes the surviving Hohenzollern pretender to the Prussian throne.

He's literally 1:1 with a fat weeaboo who wears a katana and swears to follow bushido
>>
>>30577753
Lind really confused me here as well
>>
>>30577753
I think Lind wants to bomb Cascadia because they have ideology that isn't retroculture, which makes them mustache-twirling villains.
>>
>>30577817
But Retroculture isn't an ideology :^)

Are you some kind of neopagan sodomite?
>>
>>30577753

samefagging. Wouldn't the logical, non insane thing to ally with their new buddies in the Midwest, march through and team up with the purest of retroculture Indians? From a story telling prospective. It's build on the previous chapters and would make half the shit Lind writes not narratively pointless "I told you so". Instead we get surprise Sino-Japanese war 9 which makes a mess of the books own set up. I better get a goddamn gundam fight out of this.
>>
>>30574266
If the book suddenly involved airship navies I would actually be interested in it.
>>
>>30577864
I'm still wondering what the fuck happened to the resurgent Aztec empire of Mexico. That's about as retro culture as it gets tbqf. And braining niggas with obsidian edged warclubs is pretty 6th generation warfare too
>>
>>30577832
You got me. I'm a Zoroastrian and strip club owner and I dance with squirrels in the forest when I'm not wearing a Grand Armee officer's uniform adorned with every neck order known to man and logistics manuals stuffed in every pocket.
>>
>>30577911
I don't think they've been formally mentioned yet. We heard about that from people looking up Amazon reviews on this fucking book.
>>
>>30578048
No, they sacrificed the US Ambassador back in Chapter 21 or so
>>
>>30578066
Oh. Well what the fuck, man?

Right next to my monitor is a copy of Shadowrun 20th Anniversery Edition, and I can't help but think that it's overall a much better exercise in world building all around, edition changes and all.
>>
>>30578100
Shadowrun has two advantages over this: it's written to entertain and it's more internally consistent. All the way back to the 4th world.
>>
>>30578151
Yeah. I'm just amazed that compared to a world where A DRAGON WAS ELECTED PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, wireless technology went in and out of style like three times, Irish Elves run Oregon, and Detroit is a nice place, someone who is supposed to know shit could write something this fucking retarded.
>>
>>30578100
It reminds me of Palladium Books game Rifts.
>>
>>30578213
Actually, you know what? I'm gonna go there. This shit is dumber than the backstory for Twilight 2013.
>>
>>30575497
>Minnesota had long been loony-left country

As a Minnesotan, you have triggered me with your slander, Mr. Lind.
>>
>>30578237
>This shit is dumber than the backstory for Twilight 2013.
That broke my heart. I hate them for what they did to that game.
>>
>>30578279
What was your favorite part? I'm personally torn between France reacting to a terrorist attack by nuking a training camp, and the time the United States got nuked by a sovereign nation and didn't respond with a counter nuking for three months.

The part where the President just says they fucked up and he's dissolving the government is a close second.
>>
>>30578100
>>30578151
>>30578196
>>30578213
>>30578237
>>30578279
>>30578320

I'm going to go out on a limb and say "The Chronicle of the Male Virgin Who Travels to the Alternate World Chiirem [cheat + harem] and Gains Healing Magic" is a better published novel than Lind's novel. And yes, the above is a real LN that's being published in Japan.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2016-07-08/light-novel-contest-overwhelmed-with-alternate-world-entries/.103996
>>
>>30578320
I hated every letter
>>
File: 1441999500907.jpg (751 KB, 1450x2150) Image search: [Google]
1441999500907.jpg
751 KB, 1450x2150
>>30578395

fucking GATE is more geopolitically aware than Lind
>>
>>30578395
Fucking Japan and their long-ass names for LNs.
>The Unparalleled Saint Salaryman and the Road to Surviving in an Alternate World

Fucking magical.
>>
>>30574181
>>We all smiled at that bit of information. I remembered the U.S. Air Force Police from my Marine Corps days. The warheads would be more secure guarded by a swarm of dachshunds.
Well uh, to be fair, our SPs are pretty shite.
>>
>>30574475
>>30574445
I don't think I've seen such a forced grin on Trump's face before. It's more of a grimace.
>>
>>30578539
According to Lind's website, he went there to give Trump a copy of his book. How do you think you'd feel getting a book from this guy?

https://www.traditionalright.com/restore-the-republic/
>>
>>30578577
What's the over/under on the number of pages Trump reads? 10?
>>
>>30578586
I'm going to assume that his book is an awful lot like his blog post. I got five paragraphs in before I rolled my eyes and said 'fuck it'.
>>
>>30578661
How can such a bad writer be taken seriously?
>>
File: Dan Brown.jpg (211 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
Dan Brown.jpg
211 KB, 450x600
>>30578722
That's a good question.
>>
>>30578722
Because if I recall, he was part of a very serious think tank. Honestly, my opinion is that the whole book is satire/an experiment to see how many people would follow others fanaticism. Think of the one history teachers experiment of basically making a Nazi like ideology in his class for the students (Forgot the name of it.) But Lind is the teacher and his commentors are the students. I mean it too, the guy had a profession wit no excuse for this many fuck ups in just a chapter.
>>
>>30578213
Rifts is honestly quite a bit more sane.
>>
>>30578812
His blog posts aren't much better
>>
>>30578812
>lind was the guy the rest of the think tank tolerated because he always brought donuts
>>
>>30578812
>>30578833
I'm wishing his whole life was a satire
>>
>>30578833
I really feel like he's just using his position to troll normies. That has to be it. There's no doubt to it, but I could be wrong.
>>
>>30578812
Are you talking about Jane Eliott's "Blue Eyes/Brown Eyes" exercise?
>>
>>30578918
I... unfortunately don't know. Sorry. All I know of him was the mention in earlier threads of this dude being in some think tank.
>>
>>30575666
Holy shit, Lind literally burned himself.

Also, I was thinking about some writefaggotry about the New South and its death in nuclear hellfire.
>>
>>30578935
Apparently it's the think tank that spawned the "cultural marxism" theory of why everything new is bad.
>>
>>30579198
Do it, the Terrible Swift Sword continuity was plenty of fun

I'm having fun with my Captain America meets Mad Max writefaggotry.
>>
File: my legs are ok.png (238 KB, 520x479) Image search: [Google]
my legs are ok.png
238 KB, 520x479
>>30577063
>>30576965
>>30577278

You know, as bugfuck insane as Lind is, I can't help but think this would be cool as fuck setting for an RPG.

You fight a bizarre evil oppressive government with bows and crossbows and swords in massively overgrown cities and skyscrapers, interspersed by strip-mines and wastelands. You level up your soldiers, recruit followers/mercs, build staging bases, ambush convoys, build up a base of support among the people, take back towns, and trade with Chink/Mexican/Nigerian merchants for higher tech equipment like guns. It would play like an unholy mix of Jagged Alliance, Kenshi, Mount & Blade, and Fallout.

If you think about it, Lind is amazing at coming up with metal as fuck stories/settings but he picks the most boring (and edgiest) shit and runs it into the ground until it is practically a parody of what I think he was intending to write; mostly out of ignorance of reality.
>>
>>30579362
Absolutely. It's what makes writefaggotry so much fun.

What other setting can you have a gangbanger division march through Augusta singing the Battle Hymn of the Republic be as plausible as a Mad Max-esque midwest ruled by punk rock bandits where people herd sheep among the crumbling ruins of McMansions?
>>
Noooo, I was so badly hoping he wouldn't come after Washington next. God dammit lind, the entire cascade region isn't just desperate to become insane eco-nazis. Now I know how all the anons from Maine felt
>>
>>30579591
If it's any consolation, it was only a few people in power supported by a larger cadre of people that they literally feed.

The rest of Cascadia is North Korea tier and basically hates their guts
>>
>>30579416

And we're all waiting for the neo Aztec saga to be continued.. for reasons
>>
File: awaken my laughter.jpg (49 KB, 690x418) Image search: [Google]
awaken my laughter.jpg
49 KB, 690x418
>>30579620
>>
>>30579620
I want them to fight the neo-Brazilian Empire which has conquered everything north of it up to the southern border of Nicaragua.
>>
>>30579620
This desu
>>
>>30579602
God, it's not, they "elected" these people, at least as much as rumrunner and his Prussia worshiping special school were elected over in Maine.
Also
>clear cutting the northwest forests
AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH
>>
OK, I need your help, /k/. I'm in a position where I really want to read the rest of this book but I really, really don't want to encourage the author by giving him money for it.
>>
>>30579816
maybe billy boy can post a pastebin or something?
>>
File: thomas kinkade.jpg (107 KB, 719x476) Image search: [Google]
thomas kinkade.jpg
107 KB, 719x476
>>30575141

i've figured it out. he wants life to be a Thomas Kinkade painting.
>>
>>30579914

>Electric lights
>Cars

Burn in the fire with your false electric gods, heathen.

Also I think I missed it, but did he imply the new mayor/god king of Milwaukee get elected for his love of street cars?
>>
serious question: what's heavy rail, and how autistic are its enthusiasts?
>>
>>30580012
I believe light rail is trams and streetcars and heavy rail is commercial goods trains, but I'm certain that both camps are equally autistic.
>>
>>30579416
Dumping the link for the writefag google doc

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bEboZ7n11vZiBFBzpl73vgNp7ccao6CdXTyQ_mhllmY/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>30580012
>>30580040

Isn't an obsession with trains an extremely common sign of literal, honest to god, autism? My mom is a social worker and I vaguely remember her saying all the tard kids she worked with were super obsessed with Thomas the Tank Engine.
>>
In Lind's future, there is no technology...

...only the light rail.
>>
>>30580070
While I wouldn't say that that applies universally, since loads of people are autistic about one thing or another, but generally trainfags are the wierdos.

I think the reason why autistic kids like Thomas so much is because they don't have to worry about body language, and facial expressions are exaggerated, so it makes it easier for them to connect. Or something.

That being said, this reads less like autism and more like run of the mill dumbassery
>>
>>30580070
I pretty sure it is. I enjoy trains but I've never been tested for autism.
>>
>>30580070

I mean, trains are popular with young boys in general, but yes, they're a common fixation for autistic kids because they're big and colorful and loud and don't move in unexpected ways
>>
>>30573576
>abolish fucking dixie.
LYNCH THIS FAUX FUDD FAGGOT.
>>
>>30580093
And texting and printwriters
>>
Thank you for your honorable sacrifice, OP. You truly are a real American Hero. But not like one of those god-damned military people, who don't even understand 4GW or use mission-type orders.
>>
>>30577913
I like you.
>>
File: 1461547232067.jpg (28 KB, 427x427) Image search: [Google]
1461547232067.jpg
28 KB, 427x427
This is so insanely bad that I keep wondering why I'm torturing myself by continuing to read it. I had to go jerk off at work just to feel a little better. Been here too long now though, I have to see how the ride ends.

God Bless you Billy, you're a real human bean, and a real hero.
>>
>>30575141
>Chick tract
A few threads ago I said Chick Tracts were more fun because you could at least Photoshop them into something memeworthy. This requires full reconstructive fanfics.
>>
>>30578812
I think that's "The Wave" experiment back in the day. College social research projects can be either really sexy or horrifying (sometimes both).
>>
>>30582246

>The Wave

fucking excellent movie on that, the ending is absolutely fantastic, who would've guessed the bullied kid would cap someone with daddy's .22 target pistol?
>>
>>30582246
There ya go, you nailed it on the head for me. The only way I accept Linds actions related to such actions like his book and blog is that he's his communities version of Jones.

Also, good 5 min. read on Wikipedia for those that don't know it.
>>
>>30582294
>it's just a gas [blank] gun
-every German film
>>
>Lind is a key proponent of the "Cultural Marxism" conspiracy theory first advanced by theSchiller Institute,[...]
>the Schiller Institute
. . .
>>
>>30583026
>Schiller
>Schill
>Shill
BILLY EXPOSED, LIND SHILLS, HIS BLOG/BOOK WAS REALLY NOTHING MORE THAN A TROLL! IT'S HAPPENINGGGGGGGGGGG!
>>
So, Lind has a new column.

I'm considering posting the entirety of one of these chapters there to fuck with him. I'm thinking of the poo-poo pee-pee witch burning chapter or the one about the 42nd Division.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/what-trump-can-do-for-defense/

It's a pretty normal Lind column; vague specious assertions without evidence presented as fact.
>>
>>30583382
Poo-poo-pee-pee. It exposes him to the possibility to actual sociopathism. Describing a unit is what is your own opinion, but writing with your character insert making that decision? That's fucked up. Also, to settle the Space Battles and /k/ debate, ask whether Kraft or (Morris I think?) is his self insert.
>>
>>30583437
So, open up with questions about Rumford vs Kraft, and then post the poo-poo pee-pee witch burning from the first chapter?

If he says "Kraft," then post the cultural marxism Deus Vult chapter?
>>
>>30583437
Poo poo pee pee?
Which chapter?
>>
>>30573911
Oh hell, who's getting shot now?
>>
>>30583437
Mr. Lind, this might not be the proper time, but I have a question about your novel. I understand that both Bill Kraft and John Rumford seem have traits that resemble the author. I was wondering which character would you say more-or-less stands in for yourself, Mr. Lind. It would help settle the debate I'm having with some friends that are also reading the book.

Thanks,

>>30583514

The preface
>>
>>30578539
Well yeah, Lind probably wrote a book about bombing the shit out of New York too.
>>
File: 1468057912219.jpg (594 KB, 1020x717) Image search: [Google]
1468057912219.jpg
594 KB, 1020x717
>>30574374
oppen does it again
>>
>>30575141
>Buckle up lads, because Wisconsin is the site of the 4th Reich.
Somehow, I'm not surprised.
>>
>>30575343
>Greetings from the Aryan Heartland!
>Which coincidentally hosts the second blackest city in the midwest and a city that's a melting pot of refugees from every horrifying conflict going back to the Korean War.
>>
>>30583751
He killed them all, dummy
>>
>>30576711
>Those who did were sent to sensitivity camps where they were compelled to go naked except for a dog collar, walk on all fours, and bark or meow for their suppers.
>Now and then, you had a few folks who enjoyed that, but I digress.
>>
>>30576866
>At this point, Cascadia basically becomes North Korea. Or at least, vegetarian North Korea.
Khmer Rouge. Down to using the Plastic bags as an execution method.
>>
Y'know, I'll admit that when I read a book, I tend to give it a whole lot of leeway on most things just to enjoy the story. I'm willing to forgive a lot of inaccuracies and absurdities.

But holy fuck this thing..

Holy

Fuck

This is like what you see when /pol/ tries to talk about military matters.
>>
>>30578918
>>30578935
>I... unfortunately don't know.

Okay, so there's this teacher who wants to teach her class about Racism. Thing is, they're in Iowa, her entire classroom is white as chalk, none of them really understand institutionalized bigotry. So she sets up a weird little exercise where the kids pretend they live in a society where people with Blue eyes are treated better than people with Brown eyes.
It got pretty nuts. Like, kids started getting into fights on the playground and it even affected brown eyed kids grades. Then she ended the exercise and a shitload of the students started breaking down crying and hugging.

The PTA was displeased.
>>
>>30583976
That's Third Wave teir classroom experiment shit right there. Also, Lind did that? Other Anon is right about how he set up the Cultural Marxism meme? Shit senpai...
>>
>>30583888
This guy actually has real credentials when it comes to military doctrine.
>>
>>30584182
Indeed, I've seen them
They read "WHATEVER THE FUCK THIS MAN IS SAYING, DO THE OPPOSITE"
>>
I went and asked in the comments if Kraft or Rumford was his self-insert
>>
>>30584243
Plot twist: the "blacks are warriors because they have big noses" woman is actually his self insert.
>>
>>30575053
They fell out of the plane as it was shaken down by Bane?

Bravo, Nolan!
>>
>>30584169
>Also, Lind did that? Other Anon is right about how he set up the Cultural Marxism meme?

That Anon is desperately hoping that Lind is doing something like this. I'm not nearly as optimistic. I mean, Cultural Marxism is a thing, but when you present any idea, there's always going to be some asshole who takes it to some illogical extreme and defeats the purpose of the idea you were trying to make in the first place.

Lind is that asshole.
>>
>>30584263

His self insert was that random fucko who Randy Quaid'd the entire executive branch with a Cessna.
>>
Chapter 39 incoming
>>
Chapter 39: We're Gonna Have To Slap The Dirty Little Jap

>Russian punctuality had long been a proverb, in the same vein as Italian efficiency.

I feel like everything Lind knows about Russia comes from Yakov Smirnov skits.

>It was a testimonial to the new Russia that Father Dimitri’s resupply flight landed right on schedule at Portland airport, at 5 PM on July 12, 2035. The big white Ilyushin 76 carried the pre-1917 white-blue-red roundels on its wings and fuselage and an immense, black Orthodox cross on its tail.

Naturally

>The latter was by the Tsar’s ukase. If the Muslims wanted a religious war, they could have one. It was good to see Christianity once again willing to fight.

Wow, stabbing unarmed college professors, such brave warriors.

>As we came across the Urals, two SU-41 fighters appeared alongside as escorts.

Common sense tells me that they're some sort of super-duper Flanker or stealth fighter. However, knowing Lind, they're probably updated MiG-21s.

The fighters are there to protect them from Islamic interceptors. I guess Lind thinks that SAMs are a meme, because they're probably cheaper than maintaining fighter planes for cash-strapped guerillas. We also get the following exchange:

>“Airborne pirates,” I said.

>“Assassins,” the co-pilot responded. “Remember, assassin is an Arabic word. It is the way the Islamics have always fought. Now they do it with airplanes, bombs, rockets, and bioweapons instead of daggers. Nothing really changes with them.”

Moving on

>As we began our long descent toward Japan, I went aft to change into my admiral’s uniform. We didn’t actually have any admirals in the Northern Confederation Navy, but Orientals were big on rank and my time in the Confederacy had taught me to play along.

I'm hyped to see what Lind thinks Japan is like.
>>
File: kimono_1745623a.jpg (174 KB, 460x288) Image search: [Google]
kimono_1745623a.jpg
174 KB, 460x288
>>30585067
>We landed on a Saturday afternoon at a military airfield on Hokkaido. I was met with full honors, but the remoteness of the location told me the Nips also wanted to keep things quiet. After greeting a variety of big-wigs, I was introduced to the officer who would be my escort, aide, and keeper, Captain Yakahashi Tomo IJN. He explained that the fleet—soon, the Northern Confederation fleet—would be ready to weigh anchor in about ten days.

I guess one whole Pine Tree Dollar can buy you a whole lot. Thank you, authorial fiat.

>Was I agreeable to spending the time at a ryokan up in the mountains, which we would have to ourselves?

Maybe everything Lind knows about Japan he knows from You Only Live Twice. Maybe they'll be attacked by special forces and require a loli death goddess to save them?

>I was, so the two of us jumped into a new Mitsubishi Zero sports car and set off on back roads.
>Mitsubishi Zero sports car
>Mitsubishi Zero

Geddit. Because Imperial Japan is back.

>I had always appreciated the Japanese sense of beauty. Its spare harmony reflected its origin among a poor people. Perhaps I liked it because Maine too was poor. But it was also a masculine aesthetic: simple materials, subtle colors, precise ordering that took long thought and care not to look ordered. As Oscar Wilde said, the problem with being natural is that it is such a difficult pose to maintain.

Very manly and plain. Pic related.
>>
>>30585067
>airplanes, bombs, rockets, and bioweapons instead of daggers

So the exact same way our heroes have been fighting, except they're trying to get back to the daggers.
>>
>>30585126
I guess he's thinking that all of Japan is exactly the way zen buddhists wanted it to be. Nevermind that modern Japan would literally be a hellish nightmare for a luddite Christian fanatic like Lind.
>>
>>30585126
>>30585126
>Our ryokan fulfilled my long ambition to immerse myself in traditional Japan. It grew out of a rocky cleft in the mountains like the pine trees that almost hid it. It was very small, just three guest rooms. Inside, it had the minute perfection of a fine watch. The woodwork was all straight-grained, no knots or blemishes. The paper screens that made the walls glowed like unimaginably thin sheets of ivory. The tiny courtyard garden was grey sand and grey rocks, with a single mountain laurel. I knew the laurel’s twisted trunk was no accident. It had been shaped carefully as it grew, like a bonsai. The garden was stark, and peaceful.

I'm glad we can have actual narration rather than a smug newscast we've mostly gotten.

>My mind and body were in a variety of time zones by this point, and Captain Yakahashi kindly suggested we postpone any business. Instead, we soaked in the ofuro, the steaming hot Japanese bath, then enjoyed a long, slow, dinner of many tiny courses, served with absolute grace by three geisha. I recognized the food as kaiseki, the court cuisine of Imperial Kyoto. The important thing was not the taste but the beauty of the presentation. To a degree unapproached and incomprehensible elsewhere, the culture of Japan was dominated by a visual aesthetic. I drank it in like cool mountain water, and that night I slept as if in hibernation.

Really makes you wonder if Lind's erotic tastes swing to JAV rather than Nazi bondage porn.

> Captain Yakahashi and a Japanese breakfast of rice, vegetables, and green tea were waiting on a small porch overlooking the garden.

>“Bit of a nip in the air this morning,” I said to the captain.

>“Just like one Sunday morning at Pearl Harbor,” he replied, and he laughed. I hadn’t expected an irreverent sense of humor in a Jap, and I was happy to find one.

It wouldn't be Japan if Pearl Harbor didn't come up, of course.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.