[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any reason to get a HK USP9 over a P2000 in 9mm? And
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: P2000.jpg (30 KB, 440x279) Image search: [Google]
P2000.jpg
30 KB, 440x279
Is there any reason to get a HK USP9 over a P2000 in 9mm?
And then, for the same P2000 over a CZ SP01 Phantom?

The P2k and CZ cost the same, and buying one of those would be saving $200 which could go towards the transfer fee as well as ammo, targets, and range time. But if there's a significant advantage that'll make waiting another 2 months to save up for the USP worth it, I'd wait.

I've heard that the P2k is supposedly the successor to the USP (and someone said USPc), so wouldn't that make it better, given products generally improve on their later iterations?

>Pic related, price comparison.
>Pls forgive them not being aligned perfectly.
>>
>>30571812
Here's the difference, p2000 is a compact pistol meat for cc and the USP is a larger full sized pistol
U can find a used usp for 550 if you look hard enough
The usp has better trigger options, and in my opinion the best HK trigger out of the box, not to mention you can drop a match trigger in it

If I were in your spot, I would get a nice used USP and drop a match trigger in it and have an amazing handgub
>>
>>30571850
Ah, I didn't actually know that about the P2k being more meant for cc, I was thinking the P2000sk being the cc.
Are used guns generally good though? I'd feel better knowing I'm the first owner, and there's less chances of it being a lemon.
>>
>>30571812
First, in terms of overall quality and degree of refinement, HK >>>>>>>>> Sig > Glock > CZ.

The trigger pull feels better on the HK: the DA is smoother, SA is crisper, and the reset is shorter. There are options for "match" upgrades with both, but the USP match parts can be collected for $100-160, depending on where you buy them, while the Cajun Gunworks kits for CZ's are about as much as a new gun ($425 on their website).

The P2000 is a "compact." It's a good carry gun, but not comparable to the other two you are looking at due to shorter sight radius and reduced magazine capacity (13).
The USP is a "full size." They also make a USP Compact, which is the same size as the P2000 and also a great option.
The CZ SP-01 is a "full size," and, being made of all steel, is quite a bit heavier than the USP or the P2000.

Both USP full size and CZ 75 have a lot of similarities, like being able to carry them DA/SA or cocked-and-locked. With the CZ 75, you'll have to choose whether you prefer a decocker or a safety, unless you get an Omega model, but even then, you need to choose how to use it. The USP gives you both options at once if you get a v1.

The USP has an elaborate recoil reduction system and is lightweight. The CZ 75 reduces recoil by virtue of being made of heavy steel, and the gun weighs more. I have shot both and I believe the USP recoils a lot less.

I believe HK's paddle mag release is a better design if you can learn to use your index finger to release it, but it seems to be a love it/hate it kind of thing.

The USP retails for a lot more than the CZ 75, but you can get them used for a lot less. For a 9mm or .45, expect to pay $600-700, depending on how hard you look, and for a .40, you can get them for as little as $450, even though they all retail in the $900 range new.

Neither is has a lot of super high capacity options, but 18 round magazines for the CZ 75 SP-01 cost less than 18 round "jet funnel" mags for the USP.
>>
>>30572170
Wait, nevermind. I just realized the "Phantom" is the polymer CZ, so I take back my comments on the weight difference.
>>
>>30571812
>And then, for the same P2000 over a CZ SP01 Phantom?

The Phantom is discontinued.
>>
>>30571812
>Is there any reason to get a HK USP9 over a P2000 in 9mm?
I own a full size USP9 and two USPC9s. I originally was going to get a P2000 instead of a second USPC, but I went with the USPC again because it just fits into my hand better and I like the much more aggressive texturing, it just bites into my hand and sticks in place very well.
>I've heard that the P2k is supposedly the successor to the USP (and someone said USPc)
The P2000 has interchangeable back straps, a (useful) rail, and an ambidextrous slide release. It's also slightly trimmed down over the USPC, but not by a noticeable amount in my opinion. Function/performance wise the P2000 isn't doing anything different over the USPC, they're both tanks.
>>
>>30572170
Thanks a ton bro, this is what I was looking for. I'll probably be upgrading the trigger on any HK. I'm also a fan of the paddle mag release (I usually scrunch my middle finger back, versus so that's not an issue at all. I'll probably pick between the USP and P2k then, since I also want something a little smaller.
>>30572196
I've heard that the Phantom's recoil isn't that big of a deal either.
>>30572239
Huh, that would explain why the price has gone up a bit. When I was first eyeing it, it was ~$500, but now most places have it for ~$600, if they're not sold out.
>>
>>30571812
Its either USP40C or USP45T
Or if you fucktardedly rich, get the USP9T (a real T not SD) with jetfunnel mags ($~60 each)
Don't bother wasting your money on anything else.
>>
>>30571812
The USP can have a LEM trigger added afterwards, the P2000 has to come with one from the factory if you want one. If you plan on adding that, go with the USP. As someone who owns the DA/SA P2000, the trigger sucks ass.
>>
>>30572323
Look at the USP Compact too. I don't think there's a whole lot of difference between it and the P2000, but it's a little heavier, so it recoils a bit less, and some people prefer the one piece grip. The trigger on the USP Compact is, IMO, a little better than the P2000, although in real use, they're effectively tied.
>>
>>30571812

I don't normally link other forums here, but I don't feel like doing a screencap, or copying and pasting all of this. Relevant if you are looking at buying any HK: http://www.glocktalk.com/threads/usp-p30-p2000-explain-the-difference.1299370/
>>
>>30572310
Thanks for the insight! The ambi-release would be handy: my girlfriend is lefty, I'm righty, so in the case of beside defense, that could work in our favor. Additionally, I do know that the USP has a proprietary rail: is the P2k's rail "universal" then? If I were to put a TLR-1 on it, would it fit right on without additional attachments/adjustments?
>>
File: CZ P-09 Suppressor Ready.jpg (274 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
CZ P-09 Suppressor Ready.jpg
274 KB, 1200x800
>>30572170
>CZ 75 SP-01
what about the P-09? I've only heard good things about ti
>>
>>30572343
I'll consider the .45, but for me, 9mm suits my needs, so I'll probably end up going with it, sorry.

>>30572407
I'll compare it with the P2000 then. I just originally thought that USP=>P2000, USPc=>P2000sk. It does look like the general consensus is that the trigger does need work.

>>30572422
I'll check it out, thanks

Also, you guys are so helpful
>>
>>30572468
You'll never end up with a consensus on /k/ about any gun's trigger. Do try to find an HK in a gun shop that has an LEM trigger in it, though. Many people love it.

>>30572454
This is a more modern design than the standard CZ 75 for a lot of reasons that should be obvious (weight, capacity, rail, modular grip, etc.), but I don't have any experience with them, so I can't say much else.
>>
>>30572527
I'll be able to find those LEMs, for sure. Thanks for the tip
>>
>>30572170
>The CZ 75 reduces recoil by virtue of being made of heavy steel, and the gun weighs more.
The lower bore axis due to the slide riding within the frame helps with recoil reduction.
>>
>>30572975
No, it doesn't. Low bore axis helps reduce muzzle flip, not recoil impulse. I don't believe it's that much different from the USP, though, and will check when I get home. The slide being internal to the frame is irrelevant to the recoil and nobody believes this outside of /k/.
>>
>>30572975
The bore axis is the same, bro.
>>
>>30572426
The P2k's rail is universal, yes.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.