[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on the Bren Gun? Is it a meme for loading from the top
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
Thoughts on the Bren Gun? Is it a meme for loading from the top or is that a good idea?
>>
I heard it's better than the spandau.
>>
>>30548660
In its intended role, it worked. The reason it loads from the top is because having a fuckhuge box magazine is inconvenient when prone. Belts are more difficult to transport than magazines.
>>
>>30548660
>Is it a meme for loading from the top or is that a good idea?
I know that you're trying to start bearded british youtube man shitposting but theoretically loading from top gives you more convenience when lying prone(when compared to feeding from bottom) while still being box magazine.

Although I don't think it worked in case of Bren, I know that Australian SMG - Owen, which is also loaded from top could cycle for few rounds after the magazine spring broke and then you've had to "help" it manually when you've had less rounds in the mag so there's also the reliability advantage(even if the spring breaks you still can fire, somewhat) although I don't think it worked just as well with Bren's curved magazine and rimmed cartridges.
>>
>>30548660
Well it is still in use unlike the Spandau so that shows you how good it is. Not to mention it being far more accurate than most lmgs and FANTASTIC for going prone do to the gravity assisted top fed 30 bullet clip.
>>
The Bren is actually easier to reload than the BAR. At least for walking fire.
>>
Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hS_bM3Xlw7M
>>
>>30548677
This is now a Lindy thread.
>>
File: DSCN0174.jpg (25 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0174.jpg
25 KB, 500x375
>>30548660
> only one single tofed magazine

step it up
>>
>>30548871
What on earth
>>
>>30548871
>magazine is the only sight i need
>>
File: m96b2[1].jpg (95 KB, 800x469) Image search: [Google]
m96b2[1].jpg
95 KB, 800x469
>>30548660
CASKET
MAGS
>>
File: 18022.jpg (25 KB, 1020x272) Image search: [Google]
18022.jpg
25 KB, 1020x272
>>30548660
top loading best loading
>>
>>30548871
What the everloving fuck?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.