[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gun Control
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6
File: twins copy.jpg (3 MB, 2160x1440) Image search: [Google]
twins copy.jpg
3 MB, 2160x1440
This thread is not for political discussion, but rather for a discussing the new gun control laws recently passed in California along with discussing the details of the firearms that these laws pertain to. As such this thread has good reason to be on the weapons related board.

I've gone over the 6 bills which Governor Jerry Brown signed today and done my best to explain them in amateur legal speak. I've also collected links to the actual bills, which I urge all to read for themselves.

This important stuff. This is weapons related stuff. This content belongs on /k/ as much as the 2nd amendment protects the right to buy ammunition without a background check, and the possession of well regulated arms includes firearms comparable to those carried and utilized by the government and police.

Without further ado,

Six new laws infringing upon the natural right of self defense and self determination were signed into effect today. The once great state of California has taken yet another step in the direction of an Orwellian authoritarian government. If a total monopoly on the means of coercive force is held by the state, then it is impossible for the state to exists by the true consent of the governed.
It should be considered that since the 90's firearms homicides have been steadily declining in this country. When our government passes laws, it is important that we ask why, as opposed to asking why not. There is obviously a gun control agenda, and it is increasingly dubious as to whether its primary concern is the safety and lives of citizens, or the disarmament and political disenfranchisement of the population.
>>
File: 20160306_145144.jpg (1 MB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
20160306_145144.jpg
1 MB, 1632x1224
>>30470411
Senate Bill 1235 requires individuals to submit to a background check and be entered into a state database in order to purchase ammunition. Sellers of ammunition will be required to hold an ammunition vendor's license. All transfers of ammunition will be required to be recorded by the license holder with the purchaser's name, address, and phone number. This creates a statewide registry of citizens who have bought ammunition legally.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/10/21/gun-homicides-steady-after-decline-in-90s-suicide-rate-edges-up/

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2014/crime-in-the-u.s.-2014/tables/expanded-homicide-data/expanded_homicide_data_table_8_murder_victims_by_weapon_2010-2014.xls

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billTextClient.xhtml?bill_id=201520160SB1235
>>
File: 20160319_170615.jpg (2 MB, 2611x1958) Image search: [Google]
20160319_170615.jpg
2 MB, 2611x1958
>>30470435
Senate Bill 1446 Is an outright ban on the possession of firearm magazines with capacities greater than 10 rounds. There is no clause for grandfathering in magazines acquired before the ban. The law reads :
1) Remove the large-capacity magazine from the state.
(2) Prior to July 1, 2017, sell the large-capacity magazine to a licensed firearms dealer.
(3) Destroy the large-capacity magazine.
(4) Surrender the large-capacity magazine to a law enforcement agency for destruction.

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=201520160SB1446
>>
File: 20160206_003145.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20160206_003145.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>30470447
Senate Bill 880 and Assembly Bill 1135 expand the state's legal definition of "assault rifle" to include rifles with detachable magazines which are released by the actuation of a "bullet button". A "bullet button" is a specially designed magazine release which requires a small tool to actuate. This expansion bans the unregistered possession of rifles with such specially designed magazine releases. This expansion broadens the scope of the "assault rifle" registry to now include rifles which have devices specifically designed and installed to prevent the expedient reloading of magazines. It should be noted that rifles of all types kill fewer than 500 U.S. citizens each year, while Influenza kills on average 30,000 people annually.

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=201520160AB1135
>>
File: 20160521_143404.jpg (3 MB, 2866x1898) Image search: [Google]
20160521_143404.jpg
3 MB, 2866x1898
>>30470458
Assembly Bill 1511 criminalizes the lending of a firearm to any individual other than immediate family. Loans are restricted to 30 days in duration and must be infrequent and without regularity. It should be noted that the state of California already bans private sales/transfers of firearms between individuals. All firearms transfers must go through a federally licensed dealer, and as such the vast majority of firearms of all types in California are recorded in a state database along with the personal information of the transferer and transferee. AB 1511 along with the previously instated ban on private sales ensures that the government knows who possesses which firearms at all times.

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billTextClient.xhtml?bill_id=201520160AB1511
>>
File: 20160613_163942.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20160613_163942.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>30470468
Assembly Bill 1695 codifies and criminalizes the false reporting of stolen firearms as particular class of misdemeanor which will preclude those convicted from legally purchasing firearms for 10 years after the conviction. It should be noted that precedent and current federal law only disbars citizens from legally purchasing firearms if the individual is a convicted felon.

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=201520160AB1695
>>
I'm tempted to buy a bulk of magazines in the form of AR and AK right now as well as at least 500 rounds of various caliber every other month until the actual ban occurs. Though I feel like someone in the CA ATF would pick up on this and do something about it or flag me. I'm in Fresno, CA.
>>
>>30470435
Not even halfway through and I'm already pissed off.

Fuck it, it's time to sink Cali.
>>
>>30470435
Any word on online ammunition sales? Is that already illegal?
>>
>>30471539
I dunno, I just placed an order online this morning as a test, hopefully it goes through
>>
>>30471539
Laws go in place next year. Stock up while you can.
>>
>>30471539
Probably not outright, but they'll make it so cumbersome and annoying that the sellers just say fuck it, we don't ship to CA. Thus giving the dems what they really want, less guns and ammo in CA. That's the plan, they know they don't have the numbers to straight up repeal the 2nd, but they can make acquiring and owning weapons such a pain in the ass, that the vast majority of people, will just give up.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.