[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AR15 optics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 2014-01-03-15-27-55.jpg (1 MB, 3003x1469) Image search: [Google]
2014-01-03-15-27-55.jpg
1 MB, 3003x1469
Just looking for some opinions on THE BEST (or some good options at least) on magnified optics for my new Daniel Defense ddmv411 pro. Mostly going to be used for bush hunting but also for competitive club shooting.. .. . Im thinking the trijicon acog is dope and alot of cunts here use the fuck out of them. What about 1.5-6x22 or whatever leupold or schmidt and bender stuff? IDK??
>>
File: k2r7Eq1.jpg (42 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
k2r7Eq1.jpg
42 KB, 640x480
>>30496383
>Just looking for magnified optics
>my new Daniel Defense ddmv411
Are you me, anon? I just got my first AR, DDm4v1LW. Its arriving soon and after I get proficient with the iron sights I was thinking of getting a TA11. I'm reading it's a nice optic and the eye relief is more forgiving than the TA33. Am curious to hear what more experienced anons think.
>>
>>30496383
Browe BCO/BTO is a better ACOG made by ex-trijicon employees. Glass/eye relief is a bit better and it doesn't have a problem with the reticle becoming too bright under sunlight since it has a sensor that detects the brightness of whatever you're pointing at and adjusts the reticle accordingly. It might not be as proven as the ACOG, but the things are built pretty well by people who know what they're doing
But for hunting/comp shooting a variable optic is more useful nowadays. Look into the Vortex Strike Eagle/Primary Arms 1-6x
>>
>>30496490
OP HERE, for me the most attractive thing about the acog is that it doesn't need batteries.. i've heard good things about those bco/bto things.
>>
Bush hunting you'll probably want irons or a red dot. Competitive club shooting; everyone recommends (to the point of almost demanding) a variable 1-4 or 1-6 scope.

I've got a TA-31, MRO, and I've had a PA 1-6x. I like the TA-31 because you have fuckhuge field of view for the optics size with the eye relief distance quite close, which you get used to pretty quick.
>>
any variable power acog scopes?
>>
>>30496565
Vcogs but too much scope for your rifle. How many inches is your barrel?
>>
>>30496596
Barrel is 18" and rifle is match grade
>>
>>30496517
To each his own. To me, I like the idea of being able to keep the optic in a fully functional state after a decade
>>30496596
VCOGs are not that big
>>
>>30496565

Just get the regular Trijicon.
>>
>>30496565
>>30496639
Sorry should specify the regular Trijicon variable scopes accupower I think.
>>
>>30496619
>To me, I like the idea of being able to keep the optic in a fully functional state after a decade
The half life of the tritium is 12.3 years. As in it will be half as bright in 12.3 years. I have a TA01 approaching 10 years and it is still plenty serviceable operating in my yard at night.I wouldn't exactly call it bright but then I also wouldn't NOT call it difficult to see.

I love the optic. My only regret is that it isn't BAC but I got a screaming deal on it used.
>>
>>30496615
For the price of a VCOG, I'd get the TA31 with the RMR on top and spend the rest on a reloading station. Just my 2ยข.
>>
>>30496383
Consider Vortex Razor HD 2 1-6x. It does use battery, it's heavy, and the zoom ring is stiff but other than that it's almost perfect.
>>
Nightforce NXS compact 1-4x24
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.