[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /k/ I'm currently a nogunz living in NYC and I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5
File: NYC_2-compressor.jpg (287 KB, 2140x1104) Image search: [Google]
NYC_2-compressor.jpg
287 KB, 2140x1104
Hey /k/

I'm currently a nogunz living in NYC and I'm looking to change that. How bad is the process to get a rifle/shotgun permit if you're not rich or a LEO?

No, I don't have any friends/family outside of NYC that I could just bring something in. I'd like one solely for target practice and a potential SHTF scenario. Ideally a 12ga shotgun like a Remington 870 Express or a Mossberg 590. I know I can't own anything cool because we still have the AWB on the books at a city level. I'm not worried about any confiscations in that scenario, I have a feeling the NYPD would be too busy dealing with looters/savages.

See page 7/13, anything like a AK/AR even a Mini-14 is explicitly banned. I would've also wanted to pick up a short pistol caliber carbine but its probably banned.

https://www1.nyc.gov/html/nypd/downloads/pdf/permits/rifle_shotgun_permit_application.pdf
>>
File: unnamed-2_1727_detail[1].jpg (153 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
unnamed-2_1727_detail[1].jpg
153 KB, 1200x1200
>>30492165
I love the SL8.

I you could block the 10 rounders or buy 5s from canada.

As a bonus, you can convert it to an xm8 clone that won't be on any list because I presume legislators don't play CoD.
>>
File: 1462576007242.jpg (296 KB, 1500x455) Image search: [Google]
1462576007242.jpg
296 KB, 1500x455
>>30492943
I guess you have feature bans too.

Pretty enough in stock config imho.
>>
About the only gun you can have in NYC is a nugget. Bolt action and only 5 round magazines. Nuggets, mausers, you get the idea. Don't play cute, don't try to get something that you know isnt allowed and don't play stupid games. Detectives have a quota of confiscating guns from legal owners for stupid shit in the city. You wont nor can you win here. It took my brother 7 months to get his pistol permit, they denied his carry and just gave him premis. He can only take it to an NYC range or home. Its illegal in upstate ny too. Good luck I guess, its not like you have any here. The best I can say is just don't bother. They already won.
>>
File: NY legal AK style rifle.jpg (271 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
NY legal AK style rifle.jpg
271 KB, 800x600
>>30492165
it's actually possible to get a NY-legal "kalashnikov". Pic related, a featureless 54R Vepr.
>>
>>30493111
Where does one get that stock?
>>
>>30493111
How is the safety supposed to work on that?
>>
>>30494384
>implying anyone uses the safety in an ak
>>
File: State_of_NYC.png (157 KB, 1173x695) Image search: [Google]
State_of_NYC.png
157 KB, 1173x695
I'm guessing you haven't just left that hellhole because of work or some stupid shit. Just move to Austin. It's got the hipster/cool vibe you (probably) want, it'll likely have the same type of job you currently have and you'll have above average gun laws.

Just don't pack your NYC political beliefs with you. Assimilate or be silent, Texas doesn't need to be Cali 2.0
>>
Tried to get a pistol permit upstate, and even that was a pain.

Outside of NYC proper, you have less retards demanding their rights being taken away, so you can manage rifles/shotguns.
>>
>>30494526
Can't move yet, parents live here + work and I'd rather have cheap rent with them.

Otherwise I'd pack my shit and go out to Houston or at least SoCal (Cali is nowhere nearly as full retard as NYC even with the new laws banning semi-autos). I've been on /pol/ since it was /n/ - News so that should give you a idea of my views.

>>30493016

Christ, sounds more hassle than its worth. I just wanted a fairly normal looking gun (Remington 870 Tactical) for home defense/SHTF and a Ruger 10/22 for target practice. If I wasn't in NY I'd get a AR15.

The NRA should sue the city govt already, its ridiculous the bureaucracy that's put in place to make getting a permit nearly impossible. I'm pretty sure not even Chicago or DC are this bad. I was doing my research and we're only limited to 200 rounds in a single place according to Fire Code.

>>30496669
I figure as much.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.