[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hollis v. Lynch shut down by 5th Circuit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 150x150
Hollis v. Lynch (formerly Hollis v. Holder) was shutdown today by the 5th circuit court of appeals. The Supreme Court is unlikely to take up Hollis' appeal if he decides to do such a thing.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_57769b2ee4b09b4c43c03f30

What will you do now that you won't have the option to buy cheap full autos, /k/? Looking to invest in a $30,000 registered AR?
>>
Hmm... i dont like this.

The district court goes
>cant overrule supreme court
>over rules supreme court by not agreeing that firearms with militia and military applications are specifically those protected as announced in US vs. Miller.

They literally said (when talking about sawed offs) "Certainly it is not within judicial notice that this weapon is any part of the ordinary military equipment,or that it could contribute to the common defense"
>>
Well that's fucking stupid.
>>
>>30469544
Their opinion is fucking bullshit/

>hurr durr des guns r unusual and dangerous
>but they definitely aren't dangerous because we fucking banned them, right?
>these weapons are dangerous and higher tech than weapons our founders used, so they can't be used for self defense
>and Heller only protects guns for self defense in the home, not outside of it

This was a fucking unanimous decision. What in the actual fuck.
>>
>>30469544

Did anyone expect anything other than this? The whole judicial system is stacked against the people. The judges are part of the political elite so of course they're going to stick up for their own.
>>
>>30469544
Can someone explain what this is and why it matters? I'm not giving huff a single click.
>>
>>30470256

This guy was challenging the NFA and the courts shut him down because they hate freedom.
>>
>>30470256
Because it was our best chance of getting nfa removed or at least modified to our benefits.
>>
Why did Scalia have to die so soon?
>>
>>30470390
Feinstein must feed on the lifeforce of others to sustain her corporeal form. Scalia was chosen to top off the tank.
>>
>>30469544
http://www.ca5.uscourts.gov/opinions/pub/15/15-10803-CV0.pdf

here's a direct link to the ruling so you don't have to give cuckpo a click
>>
DC v. Heller said the right to bear arms applies to the people...

Caetano v. MA said that the right in Heller applies to "all bearable arms"....

Am I missing something?
>>
>>30470525
The government going lol that runs counter to our disarmament agenda so we're gonna just ignore it.
>>
>>30470525
You're missing how deep the roots of our political oligarchy have penetrated. They are in every branch from the top of the fed, through the state, and into the local level. They're only interested in entrenching themselves and furthering their own ends, and they don't give two shits about your constitution.
>>
>>30470322
>>30470374
Well shit. NFA is overpriced as hell.
>>
>>30470550
>government
I think you mean libtards mr tinfoil
>>
>>30470550
>>30470579

Is the next step the SCOTUS if they want to continue to appeal?

If that's the case, Hilary can't get elected...

But having a solid plan to raid the NG armory is always a good backup
>>
>>30470581
Damn right, it is my right as an American to shoot off a full magazine in less than 30 seconds, in the desert/national forest and not get any rounds on target, and I should not have to take out a loan to do so.
>>
>>30470208
This.

I found all of the optimism surrounding this case to be depressingly amusing.

Nobody has any rights anymore, just keep your head down and stay off the radar or else you'll learn that fact firsthand.
>>
>>30470612
Plus it does nothing to stop criminals like it was originally planned to. I mean Mexico is how far away?
>>
>>30470593
>implying republitards aren't controlled opposition playing failure theater for campaign donations
>>
>>30470664
Assuming the govt is capable of acting as a monolithic entity.
Assuming malevolence instead of incompetence and a handful of angry bitter idiots in elected office.
>>
File: 1466213811380.jpg (999 KB, 1640x2584) Image search: [Google]
1466213811380.jpg
999 KB, 1640x2584
>>30470256
they basically cherry picked the D.C. vs Heller ruling and implied pistols are the only guns protected under the 2nd amendment
>>
>>30470603
The future of the Supreme Court is 100% the only true deciding factor for who you vote for in this election, it will determine hundreds of years of decisions for this nation and WILL shift everything to the far left if Hilary is elected. The supreme court is the most powerful beach of the US government and for all intents and purposes, eterrnal. their decisions are completely binding and take civil wars to overturn or decades of a consistent cultural shift to undue.

If Hilary gets elected the liberal train of corruption and muh feels that has already sped up will destroy everything that even resembles a representative democracy will be marginalized and shouted down lnto little corners of holdouts in the most conservative parts of the country.
>>
>>30471316
Well shit, my libtard dad was right when he said the possibility of a second civil war woulf be brewing already
>>
>>30471316

Amen to that. Like I said, National Guard Armories.
>>
>>30469544
fd
>>
>>30471316
Trump or bust.
>>
File: 1441592932067.png (339 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
1441592932067.png
339 KB, 680x680
>>30470525
HOLY FUCK I HATE THOSE FUCKING SHITTERS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
This on top of CA going even fuller retard, the supreme Court not hearing the CA carry challenge, and the supreme Court declines cert for the CT and NY cases. Not a good year over all for us. Federal gun control didn't come from laws, it came from judicial inaction.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.