[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
High capacity mags...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1459198844882.jpg (126 KB, 590x417) Image search: [Google]
1459198844882.jpg
126 KB, 590x417
I'm moving to California for work (pls no bully). I've got a couple 1911's which will be fine, but I've also got a cz 75 that had a couple 16 rd magazines before I lost them in a boating accident. I know you're "not allowed" to have those 16 rd mags in california and of course, but would it be sketchy at all if someone were to move in from out of state and just hang onto their magazines? How would the state know you have them? It's my understanding that you just register the gun, not the accessories
>>
>>30468897
You'll be fine.

As long as you don't take the mags with you to a cop heavy public range, and as long as you stash them and swap them out with 10 round mags if you ever have to defend yourself. Just pretend you used to 10 rounders and hide the standard cap mags, you'll be okay.
>>
>>30468922
Okay thanks, just wanted to be sure. My best friend is a cop out there and I'm a bit worried about going shooting with him because of it. I don't think he would care at all, but you never know.

As far as defense goes, I like having the cz in my car and night stand because three mags with 16 rounds each can solve damn near any problem I have. What I think you're saying, and what seems to be a good idea to me, is to maybe have two 10 round mags in the car and one 16 in the mag well? And if I should ever have to use it just swap out the 16 for one of the 10's when the police come?

Sorry, I know it's a stupid thing to ask and will probably never be something I encounter, but I don't want to get charged with anything because I had an extra six fucking rounds
>>
>>30468897
Don't register anything unless you plan to use it for CCW.
>>
>>30468897
As per the new law just passed today the possession of a magazine with greater than 10 rounds capacity is against the law. Nothing is grandfathered in.

Please don't move to California fellow /k/ommando.
>>
>>30468897
I believe that if you take the mags apart, they are no longer considered magazines. Of course, that was awhile ago and I think the law might have changed.
>>
>>30469263
Have to anon. The moneys just too good
>>
>>30469318
what part of California? Cause I just moved to the bay area and even though im making 20k more here than in PA, I net less per week because of nearly triple the amount of tax and everything costing typically 25% more
>>
>>30469352
Orange county. Prices are higher, but the salary more than makes up for it
>>
>>30469363
As much as I hated it, I sold what I could and left the valuable stuff locked up at my parents house before I moved. I love firearms as a hobby but its almost not worth it where I'm at.

I especially dont feel comfortable having my name, address, and firearms info in some shitty little database just WAITING to be hit by a hacker and sold to thieves so they know which house to rob. And you know some 3 letter agency is reading it and creating a larger database.
>>
>>30469445
>just WAITING to be hit by a hacker and sold to thieves so they know which house to rob.

anon no one is going to go through that much work to steal your fucking gun collection.
>>
>>30469473
I'm not saying the same guy hacked into the database and that same guy is then gonna break into my house.

Most hackers sell information. It's all a business. Thieving rings buy this sort of information. Why do you think data breaches are so common? Because a criminal hacker can make a fuck ton of money selling the data to people that can make use out of it.
>>
you cant have nothing in cali anymore.

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_30080186
>>
>>30469030
Good luck getting the concealed carry permit though, almost impossible to get them in most places.
>>
>>30469519
This.

Low level goverment IT worker might just sell a list of addresses to make a quick buck, then people show up when you are out of the house.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.