[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Massachusetts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 205x144) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 205x144
Holy fuck this state is ass. Literally no fucking where to go to shoot a gun. The only range near where I live is at smith abd Wesson but its employees only. What the FUCK?! It's also available to law enforcement.

I am just a civilian pleb. My friend was telling me that Massachusetts is one of those bull shit states when it comes to guns.

What the Fick can I do? I am 25 and never shot a gun. I want to do badly but this FUCKING state.

I live in Springfield MA.

I even dudes who live in the south. You can at least learn how to shoot a gun easily.
>>
>>30460740
> buy gun
> go to woods/desert/mountains etc.
> shoot gun
> ????
> profit
>>
Connecticuck here staying in marxichusetts temporarily. Not many ranges in CT let non licensed people rent or shoot without a licensed friend. I imagine MA is like this, too.

I would recommend getting a FID. You will have to take a safety course, which will probably cost $150 and be 8 hours. Then the paperwork/fingerprinting/fees $100/waiting but the turn around is only a few weeks.
http://goal.org/masslawpages/FIDapply.html

An FID will let you buy gats, and it shows ranges that you took a safety course so they will let you rent stuff. Its a lot of effort, but if you ever want to own a fun in this state, you need this license.

Alternatively, find a hasgun buddy and hang out with them
>>
WHY FOLLOW THE LAW.

ITS ILLEGAL FOR THEM TO DENY YOUR SECOND AMENDMENT RIGHTS.
JUST DO WHAT THE FUCK YOU WANT TO.
DON'T GET CAUGHT.

FUCK THE LAW.
THIS IS THE USA.
FUCK YOU FED AND FUCK YOU FED ...TWICE....FUCKING NIGGERS.
>>
>>30460740
fellow MA fag, just got into shooting extensively last year. I know where not as bad as some places and given out close proximity to NY and being liberal ground zero we could have it much worse so I dont like to complain, but I get a little jealous at the variety some of you guys have
I just went into my lgs (3 of them in fact) and its all the same thing
>dozens of sig 328s and 938s, seriosuy I see more of these fucking things then anything else
>glocks, but MA hates glocks unless youre an LEO
>M&P sheilds
>ruger LCPs

thats the bulk of all I get to choose from. I see 1911s and some revolvers but I had a list I made a few years ago of guns to get and I can only get like 1/4 of them
>>
>>30460959
this
we have a decent roaster but I keep finding the same things wherever Ii go
>do you have any Kahrs
>no I havent seen one in months
>how about the flat dark earth ruger lc9
>did they put that on the roaster yet? Either way no I havent seen them
>how about 1911s
>that 900 dollar ruger is all I got
>.....how about M&Ps?
>heres half a shelf of those

it gets so boring but I dont want to complain, I get to have an AR in this state. Could be better could be worse
>>
>>30461024
Was getting your FID in Massachusetts difficult? Also, Massachusetts is liberal ground zero?!
>>
>>30461077
Your FID can only be denied if you have a conviction, underage b&, etc. They can't deny you for you reason.

Now, the LTC is a may-issue license. This one is at the whim of your chief of police, so as a Springfield resident I imagine you're boned.
>>
File: doll.jpg (68 KB, 424x542) Image search: [Google]
doll.jpg
68 KB, 424x542
>>30461115
>They can't deny you for *no* reason.
typo
>>
>>30461077
never got the FID, I just went shooting with my dad a handful of times and got into on my own was I was about 18-19. I talked with some cops and they recommended I just wait until 21 and get my LTC. Sucked hard but I did it. Took a mandatory paid safety course with some of them, paid another 100 dollars to the police station to get finger printed and have my photo taken, waited about 2 months and got a class A large capacity carry permit in the mail. All in all not too bad

Id say we're a very liberal state, but there are parts that arent. The closer you get to the cities its worse but thats how it is everywhere . I just think geographically with other very liberal northeast states surrounding us we could have easily been NYC tier
>>
>>30461077
we have a roaster of guns we are approved to get, so yes we're pretty liberal
its a pretty fair roaster though. Lots of smith anf wesson and ruger. Not a lot of classic models though and the ones that are you'll easily pay double the amount theyre worth
>taxachussetes
I want to leave but I have family and a job here, but I think I will one day. We have a surprisingly healthy gun culture and the state is pretty, so it helps. we're also may issue, so ive carried in Boston before just because I wanted to (and I had to go through Dorchester)
>>
File: mp vs glock.jpg (444 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
mp vs glock.jpg
444 KB, 1000x667
whats the deal with glocks in your state? For all the trouble in getting them am I better just getting an M&P
>>
>Drive up to Manchester Firing Line in NH
>Rent machine guns
>have fun
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.