[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Double stack 9mm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: NigletsFirstMurderWeapon.jpg (22 KB, 535x416) Image search: [Google]
NigletsFirstMurderWeapon.jpg
22 KB, 535x416
I think I went backwards on the /k/ progression scale. I got a bunch of cool, obscure shit then worked my way to more common stuff. It just hit me that I don't have a fullsize 9mm pistol. Now I need one with the 4th almost here.

What's /k/'s favorite nine?
>>
>>30450634
Glock 17/19; can't go wrong with either one.
>>
>>30450634

I'm not that into modern guns, but I, like you, started with the weird shit then worked my way to modern(ish)

Having said that, one of the various versions of Hi-Powers would be cool, modern enough to be useful but old enough to still be cool. Failing that there's a handful of CZs and Sigs I'd look at, but really there's too many options for a fullsize 9mm to give you a recommendation without knowing more about what you want. I'm sure many anons will recommend Glocks, and those are just fine, but I think we need a little more info on your tastes. Do you want metal frame, polymer frame, striker fired or DA/SA? Old or new design? Help us help you
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>30450634
Can't go wrong with a classic.
>>
File: specialsnowflake.jpg (88 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
specialsnowflake.jpg
88 KB, 1280x720
>>30450634
steyr l9-a1

>picking mine up this weekend
>>
>>30451379
Something that I can use as a beater and not feel bad about doing so. All my nice guns get shot maybe twice a year then get put in cases to admire.

Meanwhile I've got ugly rifles and shotties that are nearing their 20K round mark.

Retard durable is the name of the game.

>>30451403
>>30451438
Fucking gorgeous, but prime examples of what I would feel bad using.
>>
>>30451464
>Retard durable is the name of the game.
>Something that I can use as a beater and not feel bad about doing so

... actually the Hi-Point as in your OP isn't a bad idea. They're arguably the best thing out there if judged purely by bang/buck.
Torture tests show they're damn near indestructible. Accuracy isn't terrible either.

Not a doublestack though IIRC
>>
>>30451464

FN Hi-Power from http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F1FNHP

Already beat up for you, so no worries there
>>
>>30451464
Smith and Wesson M&P 9 or Glock 17/19.
>>
>>30451438
can you CC easily with it?
>>
>>30450634
The Walther PPQ has the best trigger I've ever used

>>30451349
>Glock
>in the year of our Lord MMXVI
So many better striker pistols for the same price.
>>
i personally picked up a m&p 9, i like the grip its comfy for me, its easy to tear down, and has a fair amount of variety and some neat after market stuff.
>>
File: glock 19.jpg (126 KB, 800x520) Image search: [Google]
glock 19.jpg
126 KB, 800x520
>>30450634
I did the same. I figured one guilty pleasre as my first wouldnt be too bad. then it became 4 and I relied I had nothing but range toys
so I just got a glock 19. went for the ultimate vanilla pistol. Despite not being so special snowflake I see why its so universally loved
>>
File: 20160630_235013.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
20160630_235013.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1536
OP here. Ended up going the basic bitch route and got a Cock 19.
>>
>>30451403
>caution written into slide like someone doesn't know it's a weapon
>rail on frame
Fuck me, am I gonna have to pay 1k+ for a relic without all this bullshit?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.