[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm sorry if this has been discussed to death a million
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 6
File: 1158037731052.jpg (65 KB, 750x873) Image search: [Google]
1158037731052.jpg
65 KB, 750x873
I'm sorry if this has been discussed to death a million times. It's been a while since I've been on /k/.

But this has been on my mind since Obama became president and it refers to the panic buyers.

>"We need to buy up the ammo while we can!"
"Ok, so, you want to make sure you have ammo now before it gets banned, is that right?"
>"That's right!"
"So you want to buy ammo, now, that you think is the most likely to be regulated or become scarce should any new laws come down the line, is that right?"
>You got it!
"Oh, well, I guess I understand now. So you want to stock up on something that politicians are most likely to regulate such as handgun ammunition like 9mm, .40S&W, 10mm, .45 a-"
>No no no, man, the stuff that gun bans are MOST likely to hit!
"Oh, uh, you mean calibers that they think 'don't belong in civilian hands' right? Like 5.56, .223, .308, 7.62x39, 7.62x51"
>C'mon man, no! That's not what they're most likely to ban!
"Do...do you mean sporting calibers? Do you think that sporting calibers need to be regulated because of accidents? Like .300 winchester magnum, 12 gauge, 20 gauge, .30-30, those kinds?"
>You don't get it man, let me clue you in.
"I'm listening."
>.22
".22LR?"
>Yeah man. .22LR. One of the weakest guns that, to date, I've never seen any army use in any capacity to kill people. The least likely to kill anybody barring a few other cartridges. Yup. .22LR is definitely the most likely to be banned.

Did I miss something? Is that wrong? Is there a really deadly use for .22LR that will make it the hottest, most likely to dry up should a new weapon or ammo ban come up? I'm not saying there's no chance of a gun or ammo ban. God no. That's entirely possible. I'm saying why do you think that .22 is the round you should be stocking up on instead of something useful?

Or are all panic buyers this fucking retarded?
>>
>>30397621
It's called capitalism
>>
You missed something.

The panic buying of 22lr started with the preppers who think/thought that 22lr would be the most valuable ammo in a prepping situation.

It is light. Can kill small game, and is in wide use. And cant be easily reloaded. It is useful

So they came up with a genius idea. 22Lr is the currency of the post (insert apocalypse of your choice) medium of exchange .

So they started buying.

But people like to shoot 22lr. So when it was sold out at walmart./lgs they bought at inflated prices .

People see that their budy is selling $4 ammo for $10 and jump on the band wagon.

Fast forward to lines at walmart for 22lr.
25 rounds packed in a ziplock bag priced at $5
2 per person limits
>>
people hoard .22 because its easier to buy in bulk, can be used to hunt small game like squirrel, and is a good plinking round for when all the 5.56 dries up during every panic/election.

no one thinks .22 is getting banned.
>>
>>30397621
Fudds.

Also that one book came out where .22 was a currency and a lot of people took it seriously.

Also, Fudds believe .22 is way more powerful than it is.

Also they believe the government is buying it to drive to prices up.

Source: I live in paranoid fudd land
>>
>>30397636
See, that part I KINDA get.
But why stock up on .22LR when you could stock up on something that can take game that isn't rabbit or squirrel?

Why something that is essentially useful against only vermin.

>>30397640
>>30397636
>>30397642
100% honest question, not gonna bait you, or attack or berate.
Have you had squirrel before? Have you hunted and eaten it before?
>>
>>30397621
>new shooters often recommended .22 as as a first gun
>Everytime something shitty happens and threats of bans happen new shooters get a .22
>flippers buy the .22 to sell at marked up prices.

22lr flippers arent all fudds. Any carny race tryin to make an easy buck flips things.

In my area its all dirty puerto ricans or mexican looking people buying up the 22lr.

Its like TF2 with hats and shit.
>>
>>30397654
>>30397642
See, now, I kinda understand.

That makes more sense. It's stupid but get rich quick schemes attract a lot of people.

Thanks for humoring me.
>>
>>30397621
.22LR is the fuddiest caliber. not coincidentally, fudds are also the most likely to panic.

1. panic
2. snap up all ammo
3. bare shelves, prices go up
4. go back to step 1.

hoarders trying to make a fast buck only compound the problem.
>>
>>30397671
Well there's one born every minute and every minute there's a new get rich scheme born in their heads.
>>
File: oklahomacountry.jpg (588 KB, 1323x626) Image search: [Google]
oklahomacountry.jpg
588 KB, 1323x626
>>30397650
More of just going out in the woods, shooting one for shits and giggles and trying to cook it over a rubbish fire.

Wasn't too impressed. .22 is more of just a plinking round for me. There's no other round that 20 dollars can get you 3 hours of shooting pond snakes fun.
>>
>>30397678
I heard prices have jumped. When I got my first box of .22LR at walmart years ago, 1.50 for a 50 round box of remmington thunderbolt.

That was a good time.
I was so eager I loaded em into my 10/22's magazine when I got home.
Backwards.
>>
>>30397650
You're overthinking, we've given you all the reasons already. And there 's a whole world of poorfags out there that always buys the cheapest shit there is in any category of goods.
>>
>>30397621

A few things.
1) It is the most common caliber in amaerica.

Straight up, more people own .22s. More people are buying, more people are shooting. People stock up on all their calibers usually.

2) Gun control pushes people who were noguns into hasguns.

So when Obama comes out flanked by Feinstein and Biden shouting they want to come take them, people who weren't into our hobby get into it. They want to exercise their rights, and everyone tells them to start with a .22. They want to practice with it and use it and maybe even they want to stockpile a few thousand rounds.

3) It's the cheapest round to hoard.

If you want a thousand rounds of .22lr that'll cost you 50 bucks. If you want a thousand rounds of one of the next cheaper rounds 9mm, that'll cost you 250 bucks. So, people who just want bulk and want lots of boolits becus scurry gubmint is comin. Well they come in and buy .22 because they can get a lot more for their money with it.

4) Panic buying causes more panic buying

The more people come in and see an empty shelf the more they want to buy it. Heck when I worked the gun counter during the times when it was real hard to get .22, when I got shipments in I'd say about a quarter of the people buying admitted to not even shooting it. They wanted it for a relative, to sell, or just because it was hot. It's a vicious cycle which only slows down with saturation of the market.

5) Ammo manufacturers believe it is a bubble

So they refuse to up production. They don't want to invest in the equipment to make more and then in 6 moths it's over and it's back to always being on the shelf and they're stuck with expensive equipment they're not using.

tl;dr Lots of shit
>>
>>30397702
I appreciate all the thoughts an opinions on this.

From my personal point of view:
Many years ago I bought a bulk pack of .22.

I still have it. I think it was like 8 or 9 bucks, maybe 11 for 525 of the federal.

Still never went through it all. Plenty of it left.
>>
>>30397721
Those were the days.

Now a brick will run you $30 plus shipping
>>
>>30397683
>Backwards.
Kek, you're /k/een kunt.
>>
File: obama-finger-wag[1].jpg (42 KB, 484x252) Image search: [Google]
obama-finger-wag[1].jpg
42 KB, 484x252
op, are you trying to say that the laws regulating guns make any sense at all in any way, what so ever

just curious
>>
>>30397636
This is an excellent summation.
>>
File: 1462702020587.jpg (24 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1462702020587.jpg
24 KB, 480x480
>>30397636
>25 rounds packed in a ziplock bag priced at $5
>2 per person limits

filthy fucking nogunz ausfaggot here. why on earth would you restrict the quantity of ammo one could purchase? how does this benefit the seller in any way? if someone walked into my store and asked for every .22 round i had, why would i not sell them it?
>theyll turn around and sell it for more, of course
and? im still selling my twenty five .22`s at 5 bucks a pop. obviously, im missing something very simple here. teach this ignorant faggit something
>>
>>30398808
You can satisfy more customers that way, if someone else buys all the .22 and Joe walks in and asks for some, he's likely to make a big deal that there isn't any, causing a disturbance and discouraging other customers from purchasing something.
>>
>>30397650
>Have you had squirrel before? Have you hunted and eaten it before?
I have. Nothing to write home about, there's also not much meat on a squirrel. Unless I were starving to death i wouldn't waste the bullet, especially when they can be trapped.
>>
>>30398835
seems pretty minor. even if they shit on me for not having stock of .22, actually having the stock dosent net me more money.

best i could come up in the mean time was, that if i sold it all right in the first transaction, then i wouldnt be able to slowly up the price knowing demand was high enough that people would pay for it. sell the first half at 5 bucks, the second half at 6 bucks...but still, could, just, sell it all in a single pop, and raise the price assuming you ever get more of it
>>
>>30398860
wait, to elaborate. if i knew that selling reduced amounts of it, over larger quantities of buyers, then why not just wait till the price went up, then just sell it to the first sucker who is willing to pay 4 times what i bought it for? why sell half of it at 2 times as much, a third at 3 times as much, and a fraction at 4 times as much, when...you could sell the lot at 4 times as much?
>thats scummy as fuck
thats a funny word for business
>>
>>30397621
>The least likely to kill anybody barring a few other cartridges
.22lr kills more people than any other caliber.
>>
>>30397621
Working at the Academy gun counter I can confirm this is exactly what those tards believe...
I dread every shipment of the .22 stock because there's about three dozen fucking weirdos who come in and try and talk my ear off about how these are 'sassination rounds like the snipers use. I then get to hear pissing and moaning from twice as many people who got there after we sold out.
Seriously, the revolution will fail if only because the only ammo that got stockpiled was fucking squirrel hunting rounds...
>>
>>30398890
>the ( at the time ) cheapest bullets are used by the poor
news at 11

not on the news at 11
>man murdered by 40 grand gold plated diamond encrusted fg-42
>>
>>30397702
You'd need a large factory to make .22LR profitably.
There's no supply for the basic equipment for a riskier startup.
The margins are fine percent-wise but evaporate if the cost of lead increases.
Most 22's are loaded with proprietary powders and the primer compound is relatively unstable and needs to be made on-site.
It's not opening one line and expanding. You need to form brass, make primer compound, make powder, and form bullets. Then you have to put them all together. Each step you do yourself means you've cut out a middleman (better profit) but adds a regulatory hurdle (the current administration doesn't want medium or heavy industry) and increase risk (regulated out of business, focus on acquiring more/better talent, hiring someone untrained and hoping they don't fuck up, and about a million other things).

It's possible .22LR is a simple bubble. OTOH, more people than ever before have purchased rimfire rifles and ammo, so I'd make the argument that a new factory is needed. But if the factory is too big, then prices fall when ammo returns to the shelves and the established ammo manufacturers will look to run you out of business (to purchase new rimfire production facilities at a nice discount, on the back of you, your investors, and your lenders) so they won't slow production until you're filing for bankruptcy.
>>
>>30397642
>Also they believe the government is buying it to drive to prices up
BWAHAHAHAHAHA HOLY SHIT
>>
>>30397650
I have, baked it with potato's, carrots and onions. It was good.
>>
>>30398860
Return business, dude.
Someone comes in to buy a box of ammo, maybe they'll get some accessories or shit while they're at it. And when the day comes to buy a new gun, who do you think they'll go to:
You: That one gun shop that I went to twice and didn't have the ammo I needed so I stopped going to months ago
Or
Them: Place I buy ammo from every month and with whom I've built a rapport because of constant business
?
Being out of stock of anything makes your business look shoddy, ill-prepared, and incapable. It also gives people fewer reasons to come into your store in the first place.
>>
>>30398930
neither. anyone whose willing to drop a few hundred bucks on a shitload of .22 is going to buy the attachment anyways, really.
>>
>>30397621
Another key thing. Ammo companies are making less .22 as the demand for other calibers increases.
>>
>>30398945
And you'll sell one attachment to the one guy who bought all your .22
Look, you're going to sell out of your .22 regardless. People want it and it's a promised dollar.
Now, we take all of your .22 customers.
In your scenario, you have one. One guy who buys it all. Maybe some other stuff while he's there. Now for the rest of the cycle you have zero .22 customers. Someone comes in, asks if you have .22, then leaves. That's a failed customer interaction. And it'll happen dozens of times before your next shipment of .22 comes in.
Now, if you just set the standard limit, let's say you have enough .22 to satisfy 10 limited customers. These customers still have money becuase they didn't buy every bullet you have. The will come back next month because they know you'll have the bullets they need. And when they need to buy something that ISN'T .22, you will be the store they think to go to.
>>
>>30398967
no, ill sell my attachment to anyone who comes in wanting one. you think someones going to NOT buy the sight they came into buy, because the ammo wasnt there? did YOU buy ammo the last time you bought an attachem-scratch that, of course you did, why wouldnt you say so, i mean, i buy a windshield wiper everytime i get gas
>>
>>30398983
Fucks sake you're not listening.
The problem is they won't come into your store to buy the fucking attachment in the first place. Because they tried three months in a row to buy .22 from you but you let some chucklehead buy it all in a day. So when the time comes, you'll have that one guy who buys the ammo (that you are going to sell regardless of his existence) and none of the others, because they started going to the gun shop that limits the sale so that they can actually get what they're buying.
The problem isn't customers who are in your store deciding not to buy your wares. The problem is customers who don't come to your store in the first place because you failed them in the past.
>>
>>30399009
>The problem is they won't come into your store to buy the fucking attachment in the first place.
yeah im not following. the local store near me dosent sell gatling guns but i still go buy bullets from them.

you havent actually given any real reason why someone who cant get x item, wouldnt go to the store to get item y. all youve said is "it wont happen", which is weird, because, ive done this thing that...dosent happen.
>>
>>30399029
Okay, picture it like this:
A guy goes to your store first. It's convenient for one reason or another (nearby, on his daily routine, etc.).
He comes in and says "got and .22?"
You say "sorry, all out".
He shrugs and walks out because that was the business he was there to make.
He then goes to another gun store and buys his .22 there.
A month passes, and he comes back to your store again because it's convenient.
He asks "got any .22?"
You say "sorry, all sold out"
He shrugs, leaves, and goes to the other store.
Repeat this about 2 or 3 more times, and he stops coming to your store first because it's a waste of his time. You never have .22 anyway. He goes straight to the other store because it's not convenient to go to your store just to be told "no, we're sold out".
So the day comes and he wants to buy a scope, or a bugout bag, or a new gun entirely. >He won't go to your store because he shops regularly at the other one and yours will always be "that store that never had what I needed" in his books<.
Then you repeat this with the dozen or so other customers who aren't the guy who buys all your .22 every month.
>>
>>30399072
okay, i pictured it. heres how it goes
>got any .22?
>no
>alright ill just get this scope since you have it here

im gonna...hmmm, guess that happens more often then not.
>>
>>30398928
>>30398856
I was actually really curious about this and am glad to hear an answer.
Unfortunately I live in a place where rabbit is notorious for trichinosis.
More so than usual, apparently.

Due to over population.
Because nobody wants to hunt and eat them.
...Because of the trichinosis.
>>
>>30399095
Which happens more likely: someone who wants to buy .22 and a scope? Or someone who just wants .22 but at some point in the future would want something else?
Statistically speaking, the 2nd guy is more likely to exist because of the specific circumstantces of the 1st guy. Not only that, but people prefer to buy everything they need all at once. That's why all-in-one grocery/homegoods stores are resoundingly more successful than specialized ones.
Look, you've got guaranteed sales, easy sales, and hard sales. .22 is a guarantee. It WILL sell regardless. You can cash out on the first fudd that comes through the door, or you can use it to grow your future selling potential. It can make your hard sells easier, and your easy sales almost guaranteed.
>>
>>30397621
You forgot something...
>.22lr is rimfire
>rimfire
>RIM-FIRE
You can't reload that shit. I've got enough components to reload thousands of .44's, .357's. .308's & .223's but I can't reload a single round of .22lr.

When a pound of powder can make you nearly 1000 rounds it's stupid not to stock up on the one thing you can't reload for.

>if I posted the .22 I've purchased so far this year you guys would be PISSED
>>
>>30399115
Corner the market on the fur-trade then. Soon everyone in your town will be wearing unbelievably comfortable rabbit-fur chique.
Then when P.E.T.A. shows up to be all butthurt, have them capture and relocate all the diseased bastards.
>>
>>30399195
There is a fur store in my city that buys furs actually just downtown...
>>
File: IMG_20160621_210435.jpg (127 KB, 815x601) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160621_210435.jpg
127 KB, 815x601
>>30399095
>>30399029
>>30398983
>>30398945
>>30398860
>>30398808
>>
>>30397650
>>>30397636
>See, that part I KINDA get.
>But why stock up on .22LR when you could stock up on something that can take game that isn't rabbit or squirrel?

No, you don't get it. It was a minority of assholes buying all of the .22 before they realized it could be resold for high prices because everything else was at panic prices.

Then everyone started buying it up to scalp it and that's where the true shortage came from. That's it, 90% of people buying up all of the .22 are doing it to either
A) scalp
B) because it's scarce and humans are compelled to hoard scarce commodities
>>
>>30397636
>can easily be reloaded
Fucking what?
>>
>>30397621
I try and buy plenty of .223, 9mm and .22LR. First off, that is what I can shoot out of my guns, but also because they are all useful. .22 is easy to stockpile as it is cheap and small, therefore I have more of it than anything else. Well, I also shoot more of the other stuff for fun, but I don't count FMJ range crap as stockpile anyway. Either way, if you are broke and worried about societal collapse, having a .22 with lots of ammo is better than having nothing.
>>
>>30399291
Your misread homie.
Can't reload rimfire. Unless you figure out a way to make primer sheets.
>>
>>30399291
He said "can't".
>>
>>30397642
Do you mean metro 2033?
>>
>>30399299
>I don't count FMJ range scrap as stockpile
YES! more people need to understand that FMJ is useless for capping crackers compared to JSP or HP which can be found for around the same price!
>>
Every time I see this thread I just think to myself how glad I am to have never purchased a gun chambered in .22LR.

[spoiler]If I want to shoot smallbore I have an Anschutz model 1517 chambered in .17HMR[/spoiler]
>>
>>30398808

Because if one person buys all of the ammo any time there is a shipment and there are 100 people every day who aren't getting any at all, they will bitch complain and moan. They will call over managers and scream at them. This way it at least seems like the company is doing something to distribute it more evenly.
>>
>>30399095

I think you're just retarded when it comes to business but to reiterate some points the other anon made.

Secondary sales are a thing. Like a real thing. The guy who stands in line to get ammo will grab targets, maybe see a good deal he wants. That's why in all stores there are features of items everywhere to assault you with "BUY THIS THING". And it works. So the customer who comes in looking for one item may come out with three or four. Now some of those sales you'd make normally just by them walking in, but the more people you have coming in and spending time in the store the more secondary sales you'll have.

Customer service. Seriously treat your customers right and they'll come back to you even for a slightly higher price. Why? Because they already know you, your shop, and your product. So if Wal Mart opens up down the street and is selling the same brick of ammo you are but a buck cheaper, you will retain customers because they already have your shop in mind.

tl;dr The more customers you please the more customers you'll have in the future.
>>
>>30399095
you're a special kind of retarded bogan, aren't you.
>>
>>30397621

Let me speak in a way that a retard like yourself can follow:

50% of all firearms purchases made during these "panic" buys are first time shooters purchasing .22lr weapons like pistols and rifles because they are great for women, children, elderly folks and most importantly beta males that are afraid of a little recoil.

So you see, the demand for .22lr increases dramtically when people start buying guns for whatever reason because the most bought firearms are all chambered in .22lr
>>
>>30399318
>Half-way through and can't continue because of all the lolwut spooky and endless exposition on the politics and philosophy of the metro.
>>
>>30398808
>how does this benefit the seller in any way?
http://time.com/money/3901655/costco-rotisserie-chickens-hot-dogs/

Again, the company could easily make more on these items by raising prices. But it decides not to, because they are proven to drive traffic into stores. Costco locations generally aren’t as convenient as the neighborhood supermarket or strip mall, so the retailer uses cheap ready-to-eat foods as an excuse for members to pop in on a regular, perhaps even daily, basis. Likewise, warehouse clubs like Costco keep prices for milk and gas especially low because, unlike most other things sold at these stores, consumers need them once a week or so.

By maintaining bargain prices on hot dogs, rotisserie chickens, milk, and such, Costco exponentially increases foot traffic in stores. It also helps shoppers justify the cost of their annual memberships. And, while the hungry shopper is swinging by for a quick, cheap bite or because it’s 5 p.m. and he needs to grab a $4.99 chicken for the family dinner that night, he just might be tempted on the spur of the moment into buying a new TV, or grass seed, or vitamins, or a coffee maker, or any number of other items lining Costco’s aisles.

>tl;dr
It get's people into the store.
You are more likely to risk a trip to the store if you think there is a better possibility of there being what you want. And it is possible/likely that you buy something other than 22lr
>>
>>30400887
Ive played the games but i want to read the books. Which ones do i need to worry about aside from metro 2033 and metro 2034?
>>
The Sandy Vagina panic begat the .22 hoarding.
When the no guns started buying, all that was left on the shelves were .22 rifles. The noguns bought up ammo. Then came the neckbeards.

Today my local Walmart had 100 round cci boxes for 7.78 US. Not much Panic now.

I chatted with Joe Haldeman 40 years ago about .22 being universal post apocalyptic
currency. I think he put into one of his Worlds books.
>>
>>30397621
First, there are more 22lr chambered weapons than any other three calibers combined minus shotguns...maybe by a factor of two. Thats why 22lr went go and stayed go.

Second, 22lr is useful as fuck. You can bring deer down with it if you are that good a shot. It's perfect for small game and I don't give a fuck what any nogunz or city boy has to say, I have taken deer with a 22lr to feed my family off season when the money is that tight.

Last, people who act like 22lr is useless are the same fuckheads whop say that a handgun chambered in .380 is worthless. I say let me put a couple rounds in your leg then.

I hope you whiny poor as dirt faggots cry forever when the idiots who just can't plan ahead strip the shelves bare in the next panic buy . Faggots all of you.
>>
>>30397640
>no one thinks .22 is getting banned.
I feel bad for you. The war on ammunition has just begun in California. If they are successful there it will seep west. In a few years our entire landscape will be different after Hillary gets into office. The tidal wave of antigun propaganda and bullshit anti Constitutional laws being voted on everywhere will make every thing we have seen yet look like tears in the rain.

If you think they are going to give up trying to take every gun and every bullet out of the hands of law abiding citizens you are full fucking potato. They want complete removal of our ability to defend ourselves, period.

Once Hillary gets to replace Anton Scalia we are fucked. It's over. After she gets her second or third judge installed our way of life is dead.
>>
>>30397642
Thirteen years old ... the post....KEK
>>
>>30399330
>which can be found for around the same price
Have you ever looked at ammo prices? JSP/HP are as a rule 150% of the price of FMJ, MINIMUM, all the way up to 800% of the FMJ's price.

FMJ is not as good as JSP/HP but it's by no means useless. Ask the ghosts of the thousands of little brown people killed by the US military with FMJ .223.
>>
>>30397650
>But why stock up on .22LR when you could stock up on something that can take game that isn't rabbit or squirrel?
>Why something that is essentially useful against only vermin.
Because small game is in season almost always everywhere and it reproduces much quicker so it never gets hunted out. During the great de[pression, when we had a quarter of our population deer and other large game were almost hunted to extinction. Did you know that. Poaching isn't just at an all time high right now it is starting to diminish natures replenishment ability.
>>
>>30397683
You own an H&K now?
>>
>>30405332
>Poaching isn't just at an all time high right now it is starting to diminish natures replenishment ability.
Citation fucking needed. I've seen so many places with not enough hunters so deer just wander in to town and wind up as hood ornaments.
>>
>>30401692
Also hoarders and Scalpers are less likely to make a secondary purchase than the 15 other customers who actually plan on using it since they might need gatorade or gun cleaning supplies.

Second, Wal-mart also sells guns. Perhaps they sold the shitty .22`s you cant find ammo for that the Wal-mart guy recommended. .22 guns returned to the shelf and cost more than a $5 box of ammo. Wal-mart is holding stock in .22 guns but not .22 ammo since they are all out. In order to continue selling .22 guns and not have the bottom fall out of .22 gun prices they are inclined to encourage an illusion that ,22 ammo is somewhat obtainable to their customer. (drop the mic)
>>
CCI Alone makes 4 million rounds of 22lr a day. Where the fuck is all of it going after 4 years? Are there people spending like $100 every day on 22lr to keep it off the shelves? Did they mortgage their house to build a warehouse to store their millions of 22lr rounds? I honestly don't get it.
>>
>>30405664
You live in a blue state where people aren't used to Being in the woods regularly. I see entire herds of deer starving to death when I visit my brother in cook county Illinois because those commie fucks won't let them hut. You come down south in the mountains and there are people hunting year round now cause they're starting to starve.

And you don't need citation anon, you need some manners.
>>
File: 1405569796397.png (146 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1405569796397.png
146 KB, 625x626
>>30404998
>You can bring deer down with it if you are that good a shot
>deer
>.22lr
>>
>>30407151
you can. .22 can penetrate a deers skull and a round through the ear will kill it instantly more often than not.
>>
>>30406446
>>30405664
>>30405332
I personally live in WI.
When I was a kid, deer hunting was huge.

Now we've got huge problems with deer in the city.
People just aren't deer hunting as much as they should. Every other day I see deer on the road or by the side of the road.

The number of deer being actually taken isn't high here. And mind you, during deer season, we'd have empty classrooms because parents would take their kids deer hunting. I was one of maybe 5 students still in class.
>>
>>30407182
And it's an extremely unethical hunting round. There's anecdotes all over the internet of it happening. That doesn't mean it's a good idea or even likely.

The best range for doing that would probably be something under 25 yards. You can KILL a deer that way. Hunting a deer that way is something else entirely and you are more likely to injure it and just make the poor little shit suffer.

I know of no state in the union that allows .22LR for hunting deer and thank god. That's not gun control. That stupid idiots like you control.
>>
>>30407209
i didnt say i use .22 to hunt, faggot. you just claimed that you cant kill deer with .22 which is blatantly wrong.

heres a video of standard velocity .22 repeatedly penetrating a deer head at 100 yards
>>
>>30407221
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VW2C3exp0R4
>>
>>30404998
I just came hear to call ewe a faggit.
>>
>>30400697
>The more customers you please the more customers you'll have in the future.

The "local gun store" I go to is a couple towns over. Their prices aren't the cheapest, but they get me what I want without trying to sell me stuff I didn't ask for, and the employees are laid back and actually knowledgeable (rare in gun store employees). In addition, I live in CA, so there's a lot of added-on bullshit involved in buying guns, and they do a good job of making things as quick and painless as possible. So there ya go--a number of very positive transactions, and I take my business to them first every time, even though they're 20 miles away.
>>
>>30407151
People have been taking deer with 22lr easily forever and a day faggot.
You just make yourself look dumber and dumber every post.
>>30407192
The reason you have a deer problem is because your state has been losing it men. Now you are raising beta fags instead of the men you used to. You have more out of state tags sold every year than native, faggots.

Fun fact. Just a couple decades ago deer season on WIS and MN had more hunters gathered than the US and Russian standing armies.
>Wisconsin
> Not a blue state full of commie assholes.
Only state in our union that had a card carrying member of the peoples socialist workers party as a mayor of a major city for IIRC three fuging terms. Tell yourself how conservative and gun friendly it is there cause in a few years you'll be in the same shape and NY, MA, CT and maybe even Cali. Bet on that shit.
>>30407209
You have a lot to say for someone who doesn't put about half the meat his family eats on the table every year.
Keep reading those articles about range and velocity and shot and men like me will keep taking game with a nice quiet little harmless 22lr. It's not the best round for bigger game and they won't fall dead unless you can put one in their little brain but if you know what you're doing getting within 25 or 30 yards to a dear is doable and if the kids are real hungry you just shine'em.
You come walk our mountains in the early spring and count the starving deer friend and then tell me about ethical. Fuck you and fuck peta.
>>30407227
I won't call you a faggit but every one already knows what a huge faggot you are.
>>
>>30397636
>22lr
>easily reloaded

WHAT
>>
>>30407385
you can reload .22 but from what i understand its only economically viable if youre reloading a stupid amount of it.
>>
>>30405298
No, existed in the real world amongst fudds. Not even that guy, but what he says is true. There are some truely stupid fucking idiots in this world, and if you haven't met them you're living a severely sheltered life.
>>
>>30407445
>Not even that guy,
Ok kiddo, ok.
>>
>>30407311
wow im surprised you have wifi in your moms basement
>>
>>30408244
Why, I wasn't surprised when your mpom gave me the password to your basement wifi while I was cornholi9ng her all night.

Sorry about wiping my shitty dick on off on your t shirt anon.
>>
>>30398808
>it's the "ausfag shows his lack of intelligence" episode
Imagine that people managing a store are not stupid dickheads like you are and want to satisfy the needs of as many customers as they can rather than a single selfish asshole. It's also good for business.
>>
>>30405878
Over 100 million people own a .22 according to Federal's market research.

Between production and imports, there is just over 120 billion rounds available to the US consumer.

If there were no hoarders or scalpers, that'd be enough for everyone to buy 1200 rounds a year.

In 2007, I fired 8500 rounds of .22lr.

Your typical gun show scalper buys as much .22 as he can, marks it up 300%, and sells less than half of what he buys.

But he keeps buying, even as his closet fills with .22, because he knows that the people will stop paying his marked up price altogether if there's a steady supply at his LGS.
>>
>>30408749
Since 2008, 40 million Americans who didn't own guns have purchased at least 1 .22.
>>
>>30408784
Since 2008, I have sold off every .22 I own
Fancy that
>>
>>30408749
Well, if you can consistently sell more than 33% of what you buy at a 300% markup, you're breaking even while stocking up on ammo.
>>
>>30408941
Yup, but this is why Federal, et al are not taking out loans to expand .22 production, but are slowly using revenue from .22 sales to expand production.

Once there's enough .22 on the shelf that scalpers can't sell enough to keep making money at it, demand is going to plummet, and then there's gonna be a glut on the market, at least until people realize that they can go back to shooting like it was 2007, but even then, standing demand isn't going to be as high as it is now, and .22 production will probably go back to one or two shifts.
>>
>>30397621
The 22 shortage was a Bloomberg funded plan in an attempt to target new aspiring youth shooters. With most new shooters being just slightly above povertylevel countrykids, he was attempting to cull their interest in the sport by creating a vacuum and permanently increasing the price of the timeless and enjoyable plinking round. Just where do you think that $1 Billion he pledged to combat 'gun violence' went to? That MDA pharmaceutical PR rep whore with a false name?

>>30397636
>The panic buying of 22lr started with the preppers
no. They did further instigate it with their shoe-size IQ, but it was not the kickstart.

>>30398118
>Those were the days.
I'm still waiting on "Penny shot - 4th of July sales" of the good shit like Federal LRN and whatnot. But those will likely never see the light of day again with everyone gobbling up 8-14cpr "Choot'em" 22 JHP and panic buying with the small basis of, 'oh wow, 22 on the shelf? better buy it while its in stock!'
Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.