[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>building babbies first AR >bought my lower >got a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: a4.jpg (69 KB, 1259x363) Image search: [Google]
a4.jpg
69 KB, 1259x363
>building babbies first AR
>bought my lower
>got a LPK with it
>want to do an M16a4gery
Anyone have an opinion on this kit?

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/del-ton-ar-15-20-government-profile-rifle-kit?a=1784639

Or should I wait for the CHF PSA upper to come back in stock and spend a bit more? Compare says the upper with BCG and charging handle is $470 plus I'd need a stock kit which is about Another $70.

Also what stock kit would be good? I was looking at a Rock River Arms since it was $65.

Also is the PSA carry handle any good?
>>
>>27963798
you can just buy an actual M16A4gery from FN

you can also get a colt 6920 and get a M4A2clone by sending it to Specialized Armament.
>>
>>27963798
The PSA will be a better quality barrel that is chrome lined for longevity and corrosion resistance as well as being 1:7 twist which will be more versatile than the 1:9 of the Del-Ton.

Ultimately, the PSA is better for your money ($60 more all together). However, if the wait and the cost increase are not something you can stomach at the moment, and you aren't mag dumping every time you go out; even the unlined Del-Ton barrel will likely last you more than 10k rounds where the cost of ammo alone makes the purchase of another upper (if you are unwilling to rebarrel) trivial.
>>
File: uuughfence.jpg (680 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
uuughfence.jpg
680 KB, 1080x1920
>>27963832
I forgot to mentioned the RRA equipment is just fine. There are plenty of very happy High Power shooters with the NM rifles.

My A4gery in return.
>>
>>27963827
>wants M16A4
>you could buy an M4 and turn it into something that still isn't close to an M16A4

Wow it's like you are a moron or something

>>27963798
Del Ton is fine. Nothing special, nothing particularly shitty. Also you realize you'll be getting an extra LPK right?

Personally I would wait for the CHF Chrome Lined FN barrel from PSA--- assuming accuracy is what you want since you are building an M16A4 the better FN barrel makes a big difference.

As far as an A2 stock goes, an A2 stock is an A2 stock. Buy a used one on eBay for 20 bucks.

And remove able carry handles are fine if it's not some cheapo piece of shit NCStar from Amazon
>>
>>27963827
Trying to keep it on a slight budget since I'm broke.

>>27963832
I may wait around to watch for the PSA. It also may just come back on sale eventually.
>1:9
I thought I read somewhere that it was more versatile than 1:7
>>
>>27963843
Nice, is that the KAC M5 RAS?
>>27963857
As long as the carry handle can last me long enough to finish school so I can get an ACOG (I know there's better options but MUH CLONE.)
>>
>>27963857
>being a stupid cunt that has no reading comprehension skills and doesn't know anything at all

i gave two different options for OP.
the gun he wanted to build and another he might be interested in having after that.

http://www.specializedarmament.com/pages/shop_services.html

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/11/daniel-zimmerman/new-from-fnh-usa-military-collectors-series-rifles/
>>
>>27959170
Back to your containment thread. We have that shitty general for a reason.
>>
>>27963863
Sure, it's more versatile if you are planning on shooting bullets lighter than 55gr, but something tells me you aren't interested in 40gr varmint grenades for this rifle.

>>27963883
Better options than what? If you're talking about different optics, like red dots or variable powers, more traditional fixed powers, yes you could argue the various pros and cons. As for actual ACOG alternative competitors? No such thing. The BCO maybe. Haven't had a chance to handle one.
>>
>>27963915
Go away retard
>>
File: untreatedfence.jpg (813 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
untreatedfence.jpg
813 KB, 1920x1080
>>27963863
1:7 will let you shoot everything from cheap 50-55gr all the way up to 80gr VLDs single loaded (too long to fit in a magazine). 1:9 won't be fast enough to reliably stabilize most 69gr+ loads. Every barrel is different where some people have luck with heavier loads, but most will not.

If you plan to shoot a bunch of 40gr varmint loads then the 1:9 will be a better choice.

>>27963883
It is an M5 RAS. All the furniture is fleabay used or "surplus". Stock was ~$35, rail ~$80, Anchor Harvey carry handle ~$25, Surefire M961 $50.

>>27963905
>FN 15™ Military Collector M16 MSRP $1,749

>ANYTHING SA builds

Obviously not rifles someone shopping Del-ton is interesting in purchasing.
>>
>>27963940
It's pretty sexy m8. Only think I'm not a huge fan of is the grip pod

Is that carry handle price common?

>rifle twist
Yeah I guess the person that told me that was a hack then. Mostly gonna shoot 55gr .223.
>>
File: lazyfamily.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
lazyfamily.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>27963964
>I'm not a huge fan of is the grip pod
Neither am I but I had one in the parts bin and it or the KAC broomhandle are proper.

I have plenty of ARs to entertain me where I am fine with some of them having features I don't fully enjoy (especially on the clones).

>Is that carry handle price common?
I usually see them for a bit more, but mine was very cosmetically beat up and I don't mind that considering it is still fully functional.
>>
>>27963798
In interested in trying out action rifle. I do action pistol with my G34. Any recommendations on a build to use my existing magazines and ammunition?
>>
>>27963928
>being this mad
>>
>>27963928
HURR I WAS ONLY PRETENDING TO BE RETARDED DURRR

Fucking faggot ass bitch. Talk shit and then walk away. Try that shit irl faggot. I'd put you on the ground so fast.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.