[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Considering it's more realistic than Fallout, but not as
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: Patrol.jpg (322 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Patrol.jpg
322 KB, 1280x720
Considering it's more realistic than Fallout, but not as realistic as say STALKER, nor certainly not ARMA, still. What level of nukes would have rendered Moscow as it is in Metro? MT ranges, KT ranges? In show, is this basically what a city would look like post Full Exchange?
>>
>>27953032
You really can't say, since the destruction seems to follow the rule of cool, with many building inexplicably intact.
Though I'd say relatively low yield overall.
>>
>>27953056

So I'd understand correctly full exchange would have left NOTHING but water filled radioactive craters?
>>
>>27953076
>So I'd understand correctly full exchange would have left NOTHING but water filled radioactive craters?
I wouldn't say that, but there'd definitely be far less than shown in the games.
The lore states that it was mostly a mix of chemical and biological bombs with a few nukes thrown in the mix, as well as space soviet psychic technology/supernatural shit that's never really explained.
It isn't realistic by any measure.
Still insanely cool setting though, as well as depression-inducing.
>>
>>27953104

Ah. a ABC war.

Damn but they need to make a new game, online or even single play and have the WHOLE of Moscow as the playing field. The books have enough to support this.
>>
>>27953056
Hah, now I remember the St Basil cathedral and the Lenin mausoleum are virtually untouched in the game... Despite being right next to the motherfucking Kremlin which would have been the number one target.
>>
>>27953137

Iirc from the game and the book, the ground zero was just a distance away from Red Square...but yeah, your right the whole thing should be glass.
>>
>>27953137
IIRC the Kremlin was attacked by some U.S experimental biological weapon because they didn't want to destroy the Kremlin
>>
>>27953076
Most cities would look like Moscow does in the game, Moscow on the other hand is riddled with bunkers so it would get about 50 groundbursts in real life.

There would have been even more in the Cold War.
>>
>>27953444
I dont think they kept that plotline in the game. No mind controlling kremlin-star with a nasty mutant goo in the basement.
>>
>>27953444
this, in the book the kremlin was filled with all sorts of creppy shit, and just staring at the building would drive you insane
>>
>>27953482
they replaced it with the biomass in the D6 reactor I guess, both seem to represent the same idea. although the kremlin goo thingy would have been cooler
>>
>>27953032
>more realistic than Fallout
>MC is missing link between regular humans and The Dark Ones
>>
>>27953573

In the second game...but probably can't prove that to a Bethesdrone.
>>
>>27953714
>probably can't prove that to a Bethesdrone.

What is that even supposed to mean?
>>
>>27953121
But the books only take place inside of the civilisations in the metros.
And they never left because they are afraid of dying from radioactivity or even what could be monsters much like the ones you fight in the video games.
That would mean it has even less and the game is rewriting the story completely
>>
>>27953514

Having an npc warning you not to look to the kremlin and then if you actually looked over loosing control of your character or making it very difficult to move heading to the building would be terrifying.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.