[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Japanese /k/ users
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 8
File: 1431789784213.jpg (30 KB, 650x490) Image search: [Google]
1431789784213.jpg
30 KB, 650x490
Are there any Japanese gun owners on /k/?
If so, could you brief me about Japanese gun laws, I want to know if there's such thing as a permit to own a handgun?.
>>
>>27935143
No guns.
No weapons.
No nothing.
Dishonorru.
>>
>>27935143
No guns at all allowed in civilian hands. Thats why they're way into Airsoft over there.
>>
Civilian ownership of firearms is restricted to shotguns either naturally or permanently modified so they can only fire a maximum of 2 shells. Self-loading shotguns are illegal.

It is illegal for a civilian to own a handgun or rifle of any kind. It is illegal for a civilian to own a self-loading shotgun.

All shooting must be done on an actual, administered range. Hunting is illegal for the majority of the populace (certain remote villages in the north get special dispensation to hunt but must still abide the firearms ownership laws, certification is convoluted but not terribly time consuming).
>>
>>27935200
You can get certain guns in Japan like a double barrel but it' super fucking limited and expensive as shit.
>>
>>27935234
Exactly. That's why it's easier to say you're not going to get shit and you might as well join the colossal faggotry that is their massive air-soft culture. COD-kids paradise, I'm serious. They worship every bit of that persona of high-speed-low-drag spotless operator.
>>
>>27935233
I'm also not positive, but I think personally owned shotguns must also be stored at whichever range you're registered with. They can't be stored in your home.

Self defense with a firearm is usually treated as a worse crime than whatever you were defending yourself with--the equivalent of 1st degree/premeditated murder. It literally doesn't matter if you stopped a fucking terrorist plot or kept a little girl from getting murderraped.
>>
File: japanese chick.jpg (171 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
japanese chick.jpg
171 KB, 720x960
>>27935298
They can keep their gun at their house.

>jap girl posted this picture on 2chan
>>
What is it with east Asian countries and strict gun control? Most Asians, myself included love weapons.
>>
>>27935298
That's bullshit dude, you must keep it in a safe inside your home.
>>
>>27935321
Sort of.
II. Gun Possession and Gun Crime: Almost Nil
The only type of firearm which a Japanese citizen may even contemplate acquiring is a shotgun.[5] Sportsmen are permitted to possess shotguns for hunting and for skeet and trap (p.27)shooting, but only after submitting to a lengthy licensing procedure.[6] Without a license, a person may not even hold a gun in his or her hands.
The licensing procedure is rigorous. A prospective gun owner must first attend classes and pass a written test.[7] Shooting range classes and a shooting test follow; 95 per cent pass.[8] After the safety exam, the applicant takes a simple 'mental test' at a local hospital, to ensure that the applicant is not suffering from a readily detectable mental illness. The applicant then produces for the police a medical certificate attesting that he or she is mentally healthy and not addicted to drugs.[9]
The police investigate the applicant's background and relatives, ensuring that both are crime free. Membership in 'aggressive' political or activist groups disqualifies an applicant.[10] The police have unlimited discretion to deny licenses to any person for whom 'there is reasonable cause to suspect may be dangerous to other persons' lives or properties or to the public peace'.[11]
Gun owners are required to store their weapons in a locker, and give the police a map of the apartment showing the location of the locker. Ammunition must be kept in a separate locked safe. The licenses also allow the holder to buy a few thousand rounds of ammunition, with each transaction being registered.[12]
Civilians may also apply for licenses to possess air rifles--low-power guns that are powered by carbon dioxide rather than by gunpowder.
Civilians can never own handguns. Small calibre rifles were once legal, but in 1971, the Government forbade all transfers of rifles. Current rifle license holders may continue to own them, but their heirs must turn them into the police when the license-holder dies.
>>
>>27935321
I would bang her right on that fucking couch.
>>
>>27935371
It's like a fucking caste system, how awful.
>>
>>27935350
Philippines in the sense that you can illegally buy almost anything and bribe yourway out of a situation
>>
File: warlordmap[1].png (33 KB, 900x794) Image search: [Google]
warlordmap[1].png
33 KB, 900x794
>>27935350
Because whenever weapons are widely available to the populace, y'all slant eyed fucks go all warlord and plunge your country into an era of balkanized hell.
>>
>>27935215
thats not true they have hunting rifles and shotguns and you can have pistols at ranges
>>
>>27935143
damn what I would give for a Minebea PM-9.
so cyberpunk.
>>
File: Howa Type 89 2.jpg (54 KB, 758x253) Image search: [Google]
Howa Type 89 2.jpg
54 KB, 758x253
>>27935456
Shit is 2legit. I would love some to have some modern Japanese guns.
>>
File: 1447133677552.gif (2 MB, 335x277) Image search: [Google]
1447133677552.gif
2 MB, 335x277
>>27935479
>Barrel mounted bipod
>>
>>27935444
Prove the pistol part.
>>
>>27935491
i was watching a video about a guy who makes pistols in japan and has special licencing from the government to export them and he was talking about how there are a very select group of competitive shooters and members of olympic teams who are allowed to buy handguns and have them stored at a gun range and go in and shoot them.
i can't find the video to confirm.
>>
File: 1437868331701.jpg (3 KB, 125x121) Image search: [Google]
1437868331701.jpg
3 KB, 125x121
>>27935479
>Join FFL
>Get deployed to Syria/Iraq
>Wait until Japanese military reform gets aproved.
>Wait until you see a JSDF soldier
>Kill him
>Hekilledhimself.jpg
>Adquire Type 89 (or PM9)
>>
>>27935143
Most gun enthusiast just go to Guam when they want to shoot a gun. It's much cheaper and easier to do.
>>
>>27935371
What do they define as a gun? Can they own tanegashima/muzzle loaders?
>>
Had some Japanese exchange students come stay with me in Australia a few years ago, literally all one of them wanted to do was hold a gun. According to him it's basically impossible for the vast majority of people to get a gun at all, unless your family is into sports shooting or you live way out in the sticks, you're fucked.
>>
>>27936265
>Australia is freedom to them
This makes me kinda sad
>>
>>27935416
Sometimes I love my home country
>>
>>27936526
It was a bit pathetic, lucky we were a gun owning family. Singaporeans do the same thing, they come here and think it's the coolest shit ever that we can have fudd rifles.
>>
I'd live in Japan if it weren't for their gun laws, away from this refugee bullshit.
>>
>>27936551
I live in an European country with still decent gun laws. In fact the gun laws are the only thing preventing me from leaving to Thailand.

Now, the European parliament is planing to ruin gun laws. Nothing keeps me here anymore. Will move to Thailand, fuck cute girls and traps, get HIV and defend my property with a Turkish shotgun.
>>
>>27935350
>concentrated populace
>no real game
Why should they be allowed to have guns?
>>
>>27936696
So only people in the country who hunt should be allowed to have them?
>>
Its no wonder they don't have yearly mass shootings. Shameful
>>
>>27936701
ye
>>
>>27935416
No, it's more like
>"Sup mate"
>"I want to register my full auto Saiga 12 along with my select fire M-16"
>"you have a clear record, give me 10$ for the trouble"

or
>Pablo and Mac-Mac backyard guns inc.
>Get dat 100% sexy KG-99 Magpul edition for 25$, no fuss.

But you can't own a gun if you are a foreigner, so Yanks find a girl to marry so they could own them.
>>
>>27936704
If the presence of guns is the only factor of whether or not you have mass shootings then your country is still flawed
>>
>>27935143

>>27935143
>>27935479

for a country full of mecha and fucking cyberpunk bullshit, they really suck at firearm design.
>>
>>27935143
It's crazy how much good the wood does aesthetically speaking on this. The later version with polymer grips look ugly as fuck.
>>
>>27935533
You could buttrape him and tell everryone or show everyone his loli stash to his parents then he would have go sudoku himself
>>
>>27936709
>Implying
Seriously half the damn service comes back with a flip wife. If it was hard to do anything in the Philippines then it wouldn't be the Philippines.
>>
>>27935143
>Are there any Japanese gun owners
For all that it matters, no.
Only if you're a farmer out in the sticks with a fox problem, then they get a shotgun after massive amounts of red tape and time.
>>
>>27938668
Despite this, Winchester has a factory somewhere in the country.
>>
>>27936551
Same, shame since my mom is from Sapporo. I wouldn't mind living there
>>
>>27936881
most of Japan still uses fax machines
>>
>>27936696
>guns are only for hunting
>>
>>27938939
BULLSHIT
>>
Sabagebu had an entire propaganda episode trying to get otaku into hunting
>>
>>27940525
He's not wrong. Most Japanese businessmen have Fax machines integrated into their brains, coupled with digital photoscanners installed on their eye lenses.
>>
>>27940525
Japan still uses a lot of old tech. They don't like to upgrade software or practices. They're still one of the last big bastions of XP.
>>
>>27940525
to be honest most of the world uses fax. savest way to send documents around.
>>
>>27940568
Gun applications in Japan received as massive spike in popularity after Sabagbu aired.
>>
>>27936696
GTFO
>>
>>27940646
I hope by safe you mean most likely to have connection/tech to do it, because fax is not safe in any shape or form.
>>
>>27938978

They've got a point. Japan is a bunch of massively squeezed into tiny living space office slaves and school kids, with crime levels minimal, little to no civil unrest, and is 98 percent Japanese.

What the hell would they need guns for? Just to have them? In the US you can claim home defense, which is plausible because several places in the US are very violent and the chances of an armed man breaking into your house is possible. In Japan that never happens.
>>
>>27940525
It's true. Have you ever tried typing in Japanese characters on a keyboard? They got used to faxing stuff. Nowadays their keyboards are better but fax machines stuck around.
>>
>>27940732
It is if you use it to send brownie recipes over the 40M band on a PRC-320 at ~2 kbits/s to the receiving end that is 3000 miles away on a hilltop in the middle of fuck-nowhere.
>>
File: 1000 yard stare.jpg (12 KB, 490x492) Image search: [Google]
1000 yard stare.jpg
12 KB, 490x492
>>27935371
I actually vomited while reading this. All of this would MAYBE only MAYBE be worth it if you could own whatever the fuck you wanted (Example SBR's, Full Autos, SBS, AOW, DD's)
>>
>>27936551
I wouldn't want to, considering the extreme resentment and ostracism of foreigners, seriously fuck Japan
>>
File: 1426114424571.png (108 KB, 535x298) Image search: [Google]
1426114424571.png
108 KB, 535x298
>>27940777
>need
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
Only reason we "need."
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.