[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Steyr M9A1 Holsters?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: wm_7843313.jpg (286 KB, 2592x1728) Image search: [Google]
wm_7843313.jpg
286 KB, 2592x1728
Hey /k/, I'm soon getting a Steyr M9A1 in a month or so. I've been searching for a few accessories. Holster wise, is there any holsters (Kydex preferred) for around $25? Mostly all I see is $70 leather holsters. Also, general Steyr thread.
>>
Welcome to suggestions for decent weapon lights, or other useful accessories.
>>
File: IMG_3845.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3845.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
If you are on the west side of Washington, you are in luck -- they needed my gun for the mold so if you aren't... oh well.

Pic related, KRounds holster. Unfortunately, $75.

Also, good luck finding a holster that will fit an M9A1 with a light. See if anyone local does Kydex work, they probably do. It'll be more than $25, but I can't see it going anywhere past the $75 I paid.

Aliengear makes an IWB pancake holster for about $40. I thought mine was a piece of shit, hence the move to KRounds.

Although it isn't a full Kydex holster, I saw an anon post here the other day his M9A1 with an "Outlaw" holster. Here it is in Amazon, couldn't hurt to try it out for $35

http://www.amazon.com/Hybrid-IWB-Holster-Right-Hand-P07/dp/B00TVF2UT4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1447955782&sr=8-1&keywords=outlaw+holsters+leather
>>
>>27929463
Get surefire. I think it was the X300, take nothing else.
>>
>>27929520
Heres an OWB version, if Kryptek is your thing.

And lights-- Don't have one on mine, and I find it is a bit big to carry already (Out of the country at the moment, I am thinking about a Glock 26 or 43 when I get back). If I was to carry with a light, I am interested to get my hands on the Surefire XC1 for its size.
>>
>>27929542
woops forgot link

http://www.amazon.com/holsters-different-handguns-versions-available/dp/B00RJ1PUBM/ref=pd_sim_200_3?ie=UTF8&dpID=51sgAUu74HL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=1C42TFF9S2PXRD2AMDA6
>>
>>27929444
Alien Gear holsters makes OWB and IWB holsters for the Steyr M9. ~$30-35 for OWB.

http://aliengearholsters.com/holsters/steyr-m9-a1-full-size-27.html
>>
>>27929551
Will definitely look into, thanks. Any ammo I should avoid? I hear it doesn't care for hard primers.
>>
>>27930269
I get 1 or 2 light primer strikes/hard primers with any steel case

I have had maybe 1 that I can think of with Magtech

Maybe a couple with S&B

Never an issue with any sort of defensive ammo

My gun literally hates American Eagle, I was very surprised by that. FTE's and ensuing double feeds/etc. everywhere. Very strange.

No issues I can think of with Blazer Brass..?

I occasionally get a failure to lock the slide back with any ammo-- I think this is old magazines, with springs not pushing follower into slide stop hard enough during shooting but I havent been assed to get any new ones yet.
>>
>>27930377
Also, dont bother with fucking UMC or WWB unless you are practicing malfunction drills
>>
I need any and all steyrbros to disassemble their slide and inspect the striker assembly.

Mine is getting really odd wear on the ring of the ass end of the striker body, where the spring inserts.

On another note, the striker assembly in the Steyr M9A1 is the simplest I've EVER seen, far reducing the number of parts used by say, glock and even FN
>>
>>27930667
I would /k/omrade, but I'm getting it in a month and probably won't fire it for a while. Maybe the SteyrClub forum can help you.
>>
>>27930377
Probably will just use Fiocchi, Federal, Hornady, and Gold Dot. I do use UMC .40's, so I'll keep your suggestion into consideration with 9mm.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.