[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ohio Teachers Increasingly Pack Heat On Job
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 9
File: faster training (2).jpg (83 KB, 876x493) Image search: [Google]
faster training (2).jpg
83 KB, 876x493
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/11/16/classroom-firepower-ohio-teachers-increasingly-pack-heat-on-job/
By Perry Chiaramonte
November 16, 2015

Classroom firepower: Ohio teachers increasingly pack heat on job

Dozens of school districts in Ohio now allow teachers who have conceal-carry permits to pack heat on the job.

In several cases, boards of education have been pressed into adopting the policy by parents concerned about school shootings in the wake of the 2012 shooting at a school in Newtown, Conn. While an exact number of Buckeye State districts now allowing teachers to have guns in the classroom is not known, there are at least 40, according to Joe Eaton, director of FASTERsaveslives.org, a program affiliated with the Buckeye Firearms Foundation which sponsors training for teachers from the school districts,,

“The sad thing is that time is these situations in the most important factor,” Eaton said, “and waiting for outside help is just not a viable solution anymore.”

"The sooner they are stopped, the fewer people die. It is really that simple."
- Chad Baus. Buckeye Firearms Foundation

Teachers who recently took part in the program were taught not only about gun safety and use, but were taught paramedic skills and how to react to active shooter situations, according to WKRC in Cincinnati. Teachers and administrators trained side-by-side with local cops and paramedics at the Tactical Defense Institute in West Union, located in Adams County.

The training entailed practice scenarios in which the armed protector must find and subdue the threat as students flee a classroom. In addition to the combat training, those who attended the exercise were also given combat casualty training where they learned how to treat injuries at the scene with bandages and a tourniquet.

cont.
>>
>>27903430

“Safety of our kids should not be a controversial issue. This is not about guns,” Jim Irvine, also with FASTERsaveslives.org and the Buckeye Firearms Foundation, said. “For nearly 60 years, not one student has died from a fire. That is due to a redundant, overlapping approach to safety.

“We should be copying that same method for incidents of violence in our schools," Irvine added. "You need something that is effective. Show us another method and we would invest in it.”

Chad Baus, of the Buckeye Firearms Foundation, also stressed the importance of training educators in these skills.

“The single most important factor in active killer death toll is time,” he said in a statement to Foxnews.com. “The longer killers have their way in so-called ‘no-guns’ zones, the more people die. The sooner they are stopped, the fewer people die. It is really that simple.

“The importance of the decisions being made by these school districts to make sure that willing teachers and administrators have the proper tools to protect the children in their care cannot be overstated. Teachers will do anything for ‘their kids,’ including dying."

The 3,500-student Sidney, Ohio school district adopted the policy in the wake of the Connecticut attack, in which a troubled gunman killed 20 young children and six staff members before police arrived.

“It made us as a school district look at the system we had in place to keep our children safe,” Superintendent John Scheu told FoxNews.com. “We quickly learned that we didn’t have anything in place. We decided to be pro-active.”

cont.
>>
>>27903432

Rules regarding gun handling differ from one district to another, with some allowing teachers to carry firearms in the classroom and others requiring the guns to be kept in locked safes, only accessible by trained teachers.

Nearly 40 teachers in Sidney volunteered to be part of a first-response team, in which they were trained and provided with bulletproof vests as well as handguns that are kept in biometric lock safes in various locations throughout each of the district's seven schools. It is part of a multi-layered approach as the schools also have buzzer-only entrances and armed security, comprised of ex-law enforcement officials, on duty during school hours.

“We learned that we may not stop a shooter from getting into the building. If they want to, they will find a way, but if they enter, we can stop them in seconds,” Scheu added.

Officials from FASTER say that school districts from at least five other states have reached out and expressed interest in the program.

Those on the other side of the gun debate say more guns won't make children safer, even if they are in the hands of trained teachers..

“It's profoundly sad," said Ladd Everitt, spokesman for the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence. "Ohio seems incapable of addressing the real problem, which is the disturbing number of households in this country that make firearms readily available to young men in crisis.

“What a message that sends to young people," Everitt added. "This is a profound moral failing. Perhaps the children themselves would have better solutions.”

FIN
>>
Anybody?
>>
File: 1447047222568.gif (449 KB, 160x173) Image search: [Google]
1447047222568.gif
449 KB, 160x173
>>27903438
>“What a message that sends to young people," Everitt added. "This is a profound moral failing. Perhaps the children themselves would have better solutions.”
What a fucking faggot.
>>
>>27905287
There always some dildo using a tragedy to shit on the 2nd.
>>
>>27905287
>>27905379
Ladd Everitt and Coalition to Stop Gun Violence (CSGV) are like the radical muslims of the anti-gun world.
>>
File: oi m8.jpg (89 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
oi m8.jpg
89 KB, 500x667
>>27905390
this
>>
>>27903430
Well Ohio, you finally did something right. Still, fuck you guys though.
>>
>>27905287
Imagine if Ohio actually stops a shooting this way.

Deer god imagine the liberals getting btfo.
>>
File: AlGjPt7.jpg (297 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
AlGjPt7.jpg
297 KB, 1920x1080
>>27905457
It only has to work once.
>>
>>27905457
As much as I don't wish a school shooting on anybody.. I would probably pass out from the sheer size of my vindication boner.
>>
>>27905457
They would just cry impotent rage tears, find a way to rationalize, and then nothing would change. Or, even more likely, it would be like the other thousands upon thousands of defensive gun usages in this country and get completely ignored. I'd be willing to bet there's already been instances of school shooters being stopped by security or teachers with guns that never got much press. If these people thought critically about this issue, they wouldn't be anti in the first place. It's not a pragmatic stance that they hold. Purely dogmatic.
>>
>“It's profoundly sad," said Ladd Everitt, spokesman for the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence. "Ohio seems incapable of addressing the real problem, which is the disturbing number of households in this country that make firearms readily available to young men in crisis.

>“What a message that sends to young people," Everitt added. "This is a profound moral failing. Perhaps the children themselves would have better solutions.”

Every time I hear about Everitt speaking his irrational, bigoted opinions on why guns are evil and such, it just makes me mad that these sort of people exist. He just outright dismisses all evidence where a gun / guns were useful and did good and only blasts exponentially-blown-out-of-proportion stories on how guns were mishandled or used in manner that caused harm that would give guns more of a bad representation that guns already has due to people like Everitt. And he even has the nerve to call us RATIONAL pro-guns bigots.

I bet the children would be smart enough to disagree with Everitt. If they were explained to both sides of the arguement in a unbaised manner, they would obviously allow those they trust, like their teachers, to bring guns to school to protect them from an attacker.

Guns on school / campus in the hands of trained, responsible people (ei: the teachers, faculty, and security) would not only be a great deterrent against a crazed gun-man, but would give a means to neuturalize the threat to potentailly lower the death toll or have no deaths.
>>
>>27903430
>“What a message that sends to young people,"
shootup school- out the window
remote explosive and arson during lockdown at school still in the picture
so is
shoot up theatre, mall etc etc
>>
>>27905976
A lot of schools have a pet police officer now days anyway, at least mine did, and they pack heat.
People who freak out about GUNS in SCHOOL O-M-G are a bit late to the party.
>>
File: 1447186505388.jpg (1 MB, 2296x1600) Image search: [Google]
1447186505388.jpg
1 MB, 2296x1600
>>27903438
>"This is a profound moral failing. Perhaps the children themselves would have better solutions.”
>>
File: 1395599496970.jpg (12 KB, 194x260) Image search: [Google]
1395599496970.jpg
12 KB, 194x260
>>27906134
Liberalism.

I swear to god its a mental disorder.
>>
How sad it is that we have to armed guards at banks. What a moral failing.
>>
>>27906055
What state / province was your school located in? And was it anti- or pro-fun there?

I live in Soviet Canukistan and out of the 4 different schools and uni I went to in different provinces, non had security gaurds. We did have practice lockdowns during elementary and highschool in which I would silently voice my opinion on why this is retarded, being herded into a corner to make an easy grouped target for the shooter.

>>27906134
>b-ban assault canned-goods!

>>27906197
>b-ban assault plastic cutlery!
>>
>>27906200
bad analogy
armed guards are pretty useless against bank robberies that were planned for more than 10 seconds
>>
>>27906134
for keks i would train hours daily perfecting my can hucking skills.
throwing cans like little hobbits on steroids
>>
>>27906247
I won't lie, taking a heavier can to the face would hurt like a motherfucker.

Which would only inspire the killer to shoot the little bastard in the dick.
>>
>>27906134
did anyone else almost get suspended for noping the fuck out of class and running off school grounds during an unscheduled Lockdown?
>>
>>27903430
Damn proud to be an Ohioan right now.
>>
File: Deer God.jpg (104 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
Deer God.jpg
104 KB, 600x800
>>27905457
> Deer god

Yes, it would be glorious.
>>
>>27903430

>addressing the real problem
>young men in crisis
>This is a profound moral failing.

I think it is a moral failing in our country that so many young men resort to massive outbursts of violence because they feel like it's all they have left. If you look at the trend in increased shootings, it wasn't always like this. It started in the last decade. Guns have seen very little change in function for a century. Access to them, if anything, is more restricted now. Something else changed, something our country refuses to look for or acknowledge. The moral failing is sidestepping where the real issue lies and using it for political gain. The moral failing is pumping millions into efforts to ban the tool instead of putting that money into fixing the underlying cause.
>>
File: mp5.png (176 KB, 242x346) Image search: [Google]
mp5.png
176 KB, 242x346
>>27903430
>“The sad thing is that time is these situations in the most important factor,” Eaton said, “and waiting for outside help is just not a viable solution anymore.”

>>27903438

How dare those children learn that you should be reliant on yourself first and foremost for your own protection.

ᵀʰᶦˢ ᵖᵒˢᵗ ʷᵃˢ ˢᵖᵒᶰˢᵒʳᵉᵈ ᵇʸ ᴹᶦᶜʳᵒˢᵒᶠᵗ'ˢ ᵂᶦᶰᵈᵒʷˢ 10™
>>
>>27906416
O-H
>>
>>27905431
Stay mad MIfag.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.