[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Floridians
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (88 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88 KB, 640x480
Any kommandos from Florida know if I can carry a handgun in the storage compartment of my moped?
>>
>>30361100
Floridafag here.

Laws for carrying a weapon in your vehicle state that you can legally have a weapon stored without having a CCW as long as it is stored in a compartment that isn't immediately accessible. This means you can keep it in a glove compartment, center console, moped storage compartment, etc., without a CCW because it is enclosed in the compartment and you would have to open said compartment before accessing it (this is the readily available part). Considering a moped compartment is accessible by anyone because you can't close a door on a moped, I would make sure the compartment is lockable.
>>
>>30361289
You can also holster it and stick it under your seat. A holster counts as not redily accessible.
>>
>>30361100
You can pay $112 for the department of agriculture to ream your anus and just carry a gun on your person at all times.
>>
>>30361365
>A holster counts as not redily accessible.

But you can't keep your gun in a holster on your waist can you?
>>
>>30361365
I'm >>30361289 and I can neither confirm or deny this, but that wouldn't help OP much either way since he rides a Moped. If this is true that's pretty cool though.

>>30361369
Also this is a good option, better to keep it on your belt than in a compartment.

>>30361392
Without a CCW, no, you can't.
>>
>>30361100
Just use it on yourself, faggot. Mopeds are for fags and women.
>>
>>30361100
>Any kommandos from Florida know if I can carry a handgun in the storage compartment of my moped?

Are you one of those spics I see on the streets speeding around on mopeds with no protective gear on?
>>
After looking on various forums it looks like a moped is considered a personal conveyance. Looks like I should be good with the storage compartment underneath the seat.
>>
2016 florida statutes:790.25
(5)POSSESSION IN PRIVATE CONVEYANCE.—Notwithstanding subsection (2), it is lawful and is not a violation of s. 790.01 for a person 18 years of age or older to possess a concealed firearm or other weapon for self-defense or other lawful purpose within the interior of a private conveyance, without a license, if the firearm or other weapon is securely encased or is otherwise not readily accessible for immediate use. Nothing herein contained prohibits the carrying of a legal firearm other than a handgun anywhere in a private conveyance when such firearm is being carried for a lawful use. Nothing herein contained shall be construed to authorize the carrying of a concealed firearm or other weapon on the person. This subsection shall be liberally construed in favor of the lawful use, ownership, and possession of firearms and other weapons, including lawful self-defense as provided in s. 776.012.

if your too florida and cant read, it means you CAN have a securely encased weapon in your private conveyance
>>
>>30361494
also to clarify

2016 florida statues:790.001 Definitions

(17)“Securely encased” means in a glove compartment, whether or not locked; snapped in a holster; in a gun case, whether or not locked; in a zippered gun case; or in a closed box or container which requires a lid or cover to be opened for access.

OP needs to learn how to open a fucking book...
>>
>>30361100
Depends how big the gun is and how big the compartment is. I don't think being in Florida will make any difference, that does not change physics.
>>
>>30361100

i mean u can do anything u want my man
>>
>>30361100
>moped
Next time keep your mouth shut and hire a better DUI lawyer.
>>
>>30361100
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=concealed+carry+laws+in+florida

Don't post again until you read the global rules and check the catalog for the QTDDTOT thread.
This qualifies for not deserving it's own fucking thread since it's something you could look up with literally minimal effort with less time than it takes you to post a thread, then get a response to boot.

Welcome to /k/.
Don't come back.
>>
>>30361435
Sick meme brah
>>
>>30362543
Well mopeds are for faggots and women. Get a motorcycle like a real man, faggot.
>>
>>30362566
>motorcycle
>real man

lol
>>
You have to have a license plate on your moped or it's not a vehicle according to asshole cops. But legally you'd win, there's a dumbass with a riding lawnmower walking free after a few bucks to his lawyer. Always tell the cops up front your armed and keep your hands in clear view until they secure it or decide they don't care because criminals don't typically warn you about that.
>>
Op here, not from Florida, I live in a free state, and actually have guns. I'm going to my wife's beach house, why would I use a car or a motorcycle,when i can scoot around quickly on a moped.
>>
>>30361392
That partially depends on florida's fucked up oc laws. I also wonder from a legal perspective if you can have a holster on saddle bags (think 30-30) and ride down the road like that. I'll have to dig over the laws again after finals.
>>
>>30362258
Why you so mad bro? Need another ARG thread?
>>
>>30363860
>not from Florida, I live in a free state
>Florida is not a free state
???

Florida has some of the most bro tier gun laws, and pretty much nothing is restricted. Unless you're one of those faggots that thinks requiring a CCW equals commiestate then Florida is pretty gun friendly
>>
>>30361576
Wait you're saying humidity and sea level do not alter physics? You fell for the blue collar trade meme didn't you?
>>
>>30361494
>if your too florida and cant read

kek
>>
>>30363887

Still no OC senpai.

This shit is unacceptable.

I'm considering building a flamethrower.
>>
>>30366164
Fair point I suppose. I personally think OC isn't super useful, I used to OC when I lived in Baton Rouge just because I could but even there where it was perfectly legal it caused way more trouble than CC because of faggots freaking out because they see I have a gun.

Only place I've been where OC was regarded as completely normal with no one caring was Arizona.
>>
>>30366164
We're working on it anon. Slowly and surely. We could have had a major victory but a faggot in Miami blocked a bill from being heard at his committee.

>>30366882
Virginia seems pretty bro tear about OC. I always see people there doing it.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.