[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tactical pens
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: uzi tac pen.png (327 KB, 958x812) Image search: [Google]
uzi tac pen.png
327 KB, 958x812
Hello /k/omrades, no funs (at least not yet) yurofag here. We can't carry any kind of weapons or knives here, so I was thinking about buying a tactical pen for self defence. I know they're kinda illegal too but a pocket pen doesn't draw any attention.
I also know they aren't very viable as weapons, but it's better than nothing, and fits in pocket so I can take it with me anywhere.
>I was thinking about buying pic related, does someone have some kind of experience on what are good/bad?
Also general "tactical" shit carry thread
>>
>>30355506
those pens are huge. That picture makes them look like a regular sized pen but they are about 3x the size. Painfully obvious its a "weapon pen"

just buy a gun. We always have euro's on this website reminding us silly westerners they can own guns and that our country sucks
>>
File: eeeeeeeeeeasdasdasdas.png (125 KB, 284x260) Image search: [Google]
eeeeeeeeeeasdasdasdas.png
125 KB, 284x260
>>30355537
This wasn't that big...?
Anyways, I haven't done anything to get a gun licence yet, so it'll take at least half a year at least I think.
>>
>>30355568
Not him but fellow tactical pen fag here
There is a considerable size and apperance difference between a "tactical pen" and a regular pen.
If you try to take it through a security checkpoint and write it off (heh) as a pen, you wont make it. But if you carry it in a bag with like 6 other pens, you might be okay.
They make some that don't look too radically different, but those are just pretty much regular pens made out of space-grade material.
Frankly, I own one because of the glassbreaker on the cap, and because having a larger heavier pen helps me to not forget it as easily. I doubt it would hurt that much more than a regular pen but it looks spooky scary and practically has a shoulder thing that goes up, so its got that going for it.

Shit would have to be extremely fucky to validate using that in any defense scenario.
>>
>>30355506

you can carry any kind of weapon or knive where you live
you're just too much of a faggot to do so

I carry a pistol everyday even though I "can't"
>>
File: image.jpg (76 KB, 480x711) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76 KB, 480x711
>>30355506
>illegal to carry a pistol
>decides to carry a fucking pen thats also illegal

Whyyyyyy not just carry a gun
>>
>>30355686
>>30355700
Yuuup. At least in America, if you absolutely need to defend your life, you can make a pretty convincing court case regardless of other factors.
>>
File: Shoulderthing.jpg (69 KB, 700x467) Image search: [Google]
Shoulderthing.jpg
69 KB, 700x467
>>30355651
>>
>>30355506
I probably wouldn't get a tactical pen labeled UZI. It's hard to find them not marketed to practitioners of retail ninjitsu but you want one that looks more "pen" and less "tactical."

I'd also get one with a screw in top rather than a click but that's just me.

I've been watching this presentation on YouTube which talks a lot about tactical pens: youtube.com/watch?v=0WWi0xuwkl0
He sells a version for $35: http://safehomegear.com/tactical-spy-pen/ Not sure it's worth it since he even says they come from China, but the ice breaking test is pretty cool.
>>
Just carry a small set of common tools. A screwdriver, pliers, or wrench can easily be as useful as one of those pens.
>>
>>30355726
Yeah usually illegally carrying a firearm isn't really that big of an offense. Unless of course you can't own the firearm to begin with, or you're carrying it while committing a crime. It's only a class A misdemeanor in Indiana
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.