[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Near eotech quality holographic CCOs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: 1465722587326.png (390 KB, 592x420) Image search: [Google]
1465722587326.png
390 KB, 592x420
Hey what are some near EOTECH quality Holographic CCOs? Only ones I've found are Eotech and Steiner and both are about $1-200 more than I'd like to spend.
Less battery life is cool with me as long as they are close to as parallax free wit good light intensity options and 1-2 MOA dot and decently rugged. Anyone know of something akin to that?
>>
File: 1465847774570.jpg (60 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1465847774570.jpg
60 KB, 960x540
C'mon
Bump
>>
>EOTech
>Parallax-free
>implying

>OP thinks there's a cheaper version that has less parallax

>...the parallax error might be up to 4±3 MOA (or a total of 14 MOA across the viewing window) at 71˚ F (for a sight properly zeroed). In other words, parallax can increase as the user’s view approaches the edge of the EOTech viewing window. To put this possible amount of off-axis error into perspective, 7 MOA equates to 1.75 inches at 25 yards or 7 inches at 100 yards. Viewing through the center of the window achieves the least parallax error.

>Parallax may increase as temperature changes from 71˚ F. At operating temperature extremes of -40˚ F or 122˚ F, there may be an additional 4 MOA of parallax.

http://www.eotechinc.com/dear-valued-eotech-customer
>>
>>30316320

EO tech is not a quality optic.
>>
>>30316427
>less parallax
>implying
Don't be a faggot just because you can't comprehend what I'm asking.
Eotech holosights are amazing and I'd love to drop ~$500 on one but can't quit afford to. I'd like to find something SIMILAR in quality while focusing on specific features that I find important in an optic. Not to try and find something better for cheaper because I know from combat that you cannot. Hence why I want to get one but finances restrict me.
>>
>>30316320
I hear tasco makes holographic optics.
>>
>>30316443
What would you suggest for holographic sights?
Specifically holographic.
Please tell me because I'd actually like to know. As I stated in my OP the only two companies I know of that even make actual holographic sights are EOTech and Steiner
>>30316568
I'll look into them, thank you anon
>>
>>30316568
Hey I have a cheap shitty Tasco rimfire scope on my AR.

It isn't awful for a variable power, but then you run into click adjustments and clarity of the glass.

Plus the reticle is just a cross.

Haven't zeroed it yet, so I can't say more about it than I like the magnification, clarity isn't great but workable.
>>
>>30316603
Specifically why holographic?
And on your budget, beggars can't be choosers
>>
File: 1453800659554.png (21 KB, 352x482) Image search: [Google]
1453800659554.png
21 KB, 352x482
>>30316603
> Tasco

I.... I was being a troll , I'm so sorry.
>>
>>30316536
I was busting your balls since EOTech has a lot of nasty press after the lawsuit and refund fiasco.

If you like the circle-dot reticle setup, Sig Sauer's Romeo4B is less money than EOTech with better battery life and zero parallax.

http://swfa.com/Sig-Sauer-1x20-ROMEO4B-Red-Dot-Sight-P89043.aspx
>>
>>30316626
Because of the way they work, can't see the reticle from front so good for not telegraphic your presence. Crisp clarity of reticle due to laser diode. Excellent parallax characteristics, 1-2 moa reticles, and relatively compact profile.
Other than that they're pretty similar to RDS CCOs
>>30316644
Yeah... you're a dick lol
The only optics I'm familiar with are military ones from when I was in.
EOTech
Aimpoint
ELCAN
Trijicon
I would honestly prefer an ELCAN 3x with BUIS but I don't have $2k for one
>>
>>30316706
Wew lad.
Thanks btw. I saw Sig made an RDS or two and was curious but didn't know what to expect
Any holographics though aside from EOTech and Steiner?
>>
>>30316756
Holographics aren't that popular because lasers eat through batteries a lot faster than LEDs.

And I'm pretty sure muzzle flash would negate any benefits of not having light coming out the front of your optic.

If you're on a budget then look for a used EOTech or just get a red dot like the Sig.
>>
>>30316735
My bad lol, Tho honestly a solid red dot would be cheaper than a ,eh holographic, If you're worried about telegraphing youself with the bit of light coming from the front of your optic then you're are much better served with staying out of sight.

The only situation I can THINK of that , that would be an issue that isn't oper8or would be SD/HD down a long hallway peeking around the corner for an ambush on a active shooter.
>>
>>30316882
True. My purpose for the rifle will be plinking, hunting, and a ready use for SHTF bosnia-Herzegovina a la USA
>>
File: 134154.jpg (53 KB, 880x660) Image search: [Google]
134154.jpg
53 KB, 880x660
I have a Sightmark M-Spec on my AR. Like 12 brightness levels, waterproof, appears to be parallax free, the battery lasts a long time. It's only 200 bucks, and can be had for 150 used. Honestly highly recommend it. It even has Eotech's circle dot setup, which is pretty fucking nice.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.