[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Beretta Px4 Storm Compact
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: px4stormcompact_zoom004.jpg (66 KB, 676x600) Image search: [Google]
px4stormcompact_zoom004.jpg
66 KB, 676x600
hey /k/ I just recently applied to get my CHL and was looking to get a nice, simple carry pistol that is easy to handle. I have quite a bit of experience with shotguns/rifles and large handguns since I grew up in a hunting family but my knowledge of CC pistols is pretty limited. I can hit targets pretty well with my dad's 1911 and Springfield XD in .45 and have played around a bit with my buddies M&P Shield in 9mm.

I was looking at a Beretta Px4 Storm compact in 9mm since I already have a Beretta Cx4 Storm carbine and I kinda like the way they match together. Additionally the rotating barrel is very interesting to me and the reviews I have watched talk about how it cuts down on the recoil a lot to make it easy to maintain shot groups with the pistol compared to other designs.

I also am well aware of the need to practice regularly with the weapon and keep it well oiled and cleaned and plan to do so.

Finally, if you all have any good 9mm ammo recommendations I would love to hear it. I was thinking some Hornady critical defense for my actual CC rounds but I will need to test em out in the gun first.

What do you guys think?
>>
Also curious about this gun. I've never owned or used a gun before but am looking into taking some lessons and would like to purchase a handgun for self defense in light of the recent shooting and push to make it harder for civilians to buy firearms.
>>
>>30302905
>>30304368
I don't own one, but I've shot someone else's at a range. The controls feel pretty similar to the 92fs, though I feel like they are a bit more refined. I don't think the rotating barrel does really do that much in terms of recoil reduction, but I don't really have that great of a frame of reference, seeing as other than this, I've only shot full size handguns like the 92 and the cz p09. They are nice guns though, and I would probably recommend it over other similar pistols.
>>
>>30302905
I can't get over how ugly this gun is.
>>
File: 1450169702380.jpg (55 KB, 450x323) Image search: [Google]
1450169702380.jpg
55 KB, 450x323
>>30302905
Very underrated DA/SA. Earnest Langdon carries one and he's a total monster with both the M9 series and the PX4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGJZRapjzOo

Really good article about the PX4

http://www.gunnuts.net/2015/08/17/ernest-langdon-and-the-beretta-px4/

And to my knowledge, Beretta is still to release the Compact Carry.

http://www.bluesheepdog.com/2016/01/21/berettas-new-px4-compact/

The PX4 is my next DA/SA to try out.
>>
>>30302905
Im sure there are better options out there. I used own a Px4. The rotating barrel is pretty negligent. It's not bad, but not outstanding either. Also it's a bit fat as well. I'm not a fan of slide mounted safeties either since they are harder to manipulate, and if I remember correctly it will decoction the hammer when switched on.
>>
>>30304676

this is amazing info, anon. Thank you!
>>
File: 1450113525126.jpg (57 KB, 640x479) Image search: [Google]
1450113525126.jpg
57 KB, 640x479
When the hell is Beretta going to release the Compact Carry?
I'm really torn between the CC and the Shield.
>>
>>30306739
This. I really want to try out the px4 and I'll probably start with the compact carry.

I already have a shield too
>>
>>30304617
Same, it's got hi point aesthetics, and feels like a brick in the hands. A comfy brick, but still a brick.
>>
>>30304617
I like how it looks honestly.
>>
>>30304676
>Really good article about the PX4
>http://www.gunnuts.net/2015/08/17/ernest-langdon-and-the-beretta-px4/
he's paid to shoot beretta guns
>>
I had a px4 subcompact.

Shittiest gun I had, even my baby union or my MAB was more accurate.

0.9mm/10 wouldn't buy again
>>
Skip the compact, go with the full size.

Great pistol, well balanced, great ergonomics, and dependable. I haven't had a single failure to feed/eject in the two years I've carried mine.
>>
>>30304617
>>30309009

I guess "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder." I personally like the way it looks.
>>
>>30309060
>he's paid to shoot beretta guns

Odd since he didn't know much about the px4 despite it being out for years and how he had to buy his own
>>
>>30309153

Thanks for the tip, anon. I will definitely finger fuck both models to see which fits me better. The compact is already pretty bulky so the full size would not be that much harder to conceal anyway.
>>
Every time I've shot a PX4 it's jammed. It's the only handgun I've ever used that's jammed. Was this just a problem with the older models? I hope so.
>>
hHave a CZ in 9mm. thinking about getting the PX4 in .40, and the CX4 to go with it.

yay/nay?
>>
>>30310030
>40

keep the cz
>>
>>30304617
I think it's pretty.

I've got the full-size in 45 ACP and really like it, I'm thinking about getting the compact or subcompact for carry.
>>
>>30309091
subcompact has nothing to do with the compact or fullsize. Literally completely different mechanism.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>30302905
I love mine.
>>
>>30309791
Odd. How many rounds have you put through it? I have a 9mm Full Size PX4 and it only jammed in the first two magazines. 200 rounds later, not a hint of failure. Later this month I'm gonna see if that goes all the way up to 400 rounds.
>>
>>30312280

what ammo do you usually run through it, anon?

Do you CC with it?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.