[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Paranoia Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: AK47_colour.png (55 KB, 512x205) Image search: [Google]
AK47_colour.png
55 KB, 512x205
With all the mass-shootings going on nowadays, and the nigger prez jumping up from his bed at 2am to command that we ban guns in a country with a historical right to have guns every time a human kills another human (something that is bound to happen), what response should a non-gun-owning person have? I have never held a firearm, but I feel like if I want to be able to adequately defend my family, I need to buy a military gun before that is no longer possible. How should I do that and is that the right train of thought?
>>
>>30282801
Look online for reviews on local gunshops. Hell if you say what area youre from on here there may be someone who can recommend one from your area. Once you find one, simply go and tell them you are a complete novice and know nothing but are afraid that you may not be able to acquire guns in the future due to legislation and have been putting off exercising your right for too long and want to get started. Tell them what kind of gun youre interested in such as an ar15, handgun, etc. and inquire about basic gun safety courses. Take courses. Rent some guns at ranges and figure out what you like if you dont have friends with guns. Dont be an aspy. Be respectful. Never joke about anything off color as far as the purpose of wanting a firearm because you dont want to give off the "hes gonna shoot up a school" vibe. Just be honest, humble, and willing to learn and theyll help ya out buddy. When youre READY about making a purchase, do it online. I recommend slickguns.com which is basically a search engine, and ammoseek.com for ammo which is again, a search engine. When you buy a gun from an online store they usually have a drop down tab of local gunshops in your area they ship to. Select the one you want, order it, and when it comes in at the gun store theyll give ya a call that its ready to come pick it up. I say order online because gun shops heavily upcharge plus you wont have to pay taxes on it. When you pick up your new gun theyll have you fill out a 4473 form, do a background check, and probably take payment for a transfer fee (typically 20 to 50 dollars). Hope this helps.
>>
>>30282801
this is not the right train of thought
you, like every other gut toting american, are ignorant of the outside world. You think that you have more freedom than every other country, yet statistically, no credible source puts America as the freest nation. In fact, America doesn't comes 16th for economic freedom and 30th for personal freedom.
>http://www.freetheworld.com/humanFreedom.php
so please cry more, Amerifag; maybe you can use your freedom shooter to end your life
>>
>>30282892
Explain why you are being antagonistic. I genuinely want to know why you are shitting on Americans and telling me to commit suicide.
>>
File: 20160614_085834.jpg (310 KB, 1032x581) Image search: [Google]
20160614_085834.jpg
310 KB, 1032x581
I'm not going to answer any of your ideological questions.

If you want to buy a rifle, buy one now. Buy one now before you wake up tomorrow and you no longer can. Look for an AR15 in the 600-800 range. If you have more to spend, buy an optic. Buy 1k rounds of .223/5.56. Learn to shoot, find an outdoor range and take some time to understand how to use your rifle at long range (300+ meters).

If you live in the United States, in a free state at least, you shouldn't have any problems purchasing an AR15, an optic, and ammunition provided you don't have any conditions/felony charges that restrict you from doing so.

If you're up to it, you could build your own AR15, it helps you understand your rifle and how everything works. It's relatively easy if you know how to use basic tools.

>AR15 Beginners Guide
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-GP80BhfXs
>>
>>30282909
Thank you. Your post is useful advice. I do wonder what you meant by your first sentence, however. People on this board seem sensitive to individualism.
>>
>>30282903
Because roughly half of voting americans are actually stupid
>>
>>30282914
Not >>30282909

But yeah its really easy and if you are literally able to use a wrench, hammer, and punch you can build an ar and this is the cheapest route. You can literally follow along with youtube vids that teach you how to do it. Just built my first lower from a stripped receiver and parts kit last week, was easy as fuck. Uppers are easy too. Just make sure you buy an ar armorer wrench.
>>
>>30282923
Roughly half of every race and ethnicity on earth is actually stupid. Shut the fuck up you biased fuck.
>>
Buy your guns, shoot anyone who tries to take them or harm you.

That's all there is to it.
>>
>>30282942
t. woodsman
>>
>>30282939
This is objectively wrong.
only roughly half of the white and oriental races are below the 100 IQ level.
Most shitskins are double digits though, check the stats.

>>30282801
>military gun
wrong train of thought. It's a firearm. Doesn't matter if it puts out 3 shots or full auto.
Doesn't matter what it looks like.
It's just a firearm.

>right train of thought
Yes and no. You don't need a reason to want to buy a gun. If you want it, buy it.

>defense
Home defense with a rifle is iffy, overpenetration is bad.
Outside of home defense with a rifle is questionable in many more ways, get a pistol.
Rifles will only matter if you have >50yd engagements, which means there's a lot of shit hitting the fan and you need to be actively carrying a long arm in public.

>>30282909
ar is a great all around platform. Personally I prefer ar10's to 15's because muh 7.62
You can also get a PTR or FAL, or even a SCAR 17 (the scar is 3000 freedom monies)

But if your goal is defense, pistol.
>>
>>30282801
If you really don't have any guns, if you can keep it away from small children then by all means buy one.

Terrible things sometimes happen, home invasions for instance. having a gun in those situations is usually a good idea.
>>
>>30282973
The reputation for over pen with a rifle is pretty over inflated IMO. I shot a guy with a glock 22 180 grain federal HST through a windshield and it went through and through and stopped in the driver seat back. It happens with handguns as well, so Id rather use a rifle for HD.
>>
>>30282973
What's the problem with overpen? Is that a judicial issue?

Also, I said "military gun" because handguns and smaller caliber weapons are not at risk of legally going extinct. For a home gun I wouldn't need more than a shotgun, but I wanted to clarify why I was worried.
>>
>>30282992
Of course, if the home invaders have a gun, you definitely need one too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhJh4dbEVA8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuhKCiY-lu0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8qjab7QjvA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwLWBSQdTOw
>>
>>30283009
I just remember all my years as an adolescent in a house with no guns. I ordered 20 dollar warhammers and axes and shit off the internet, knowing that they would do no good if people came in with guns.
>>
>>30282973
Except that is wrong and assuming you are using a small fast and light projectile (i.e. 223, 5.7x28) you will have less penetration than most handgun rounds. This has been seem demonstrated many times.
>>
>>30282997
yes, as long as it doesn't go through the seat behind the body and hit, say, the kid in the car seat behind him, it hasn't overpenetrated (too much)

>>30283023
I'm not sure why you think this.
Here's a video. Skip to 10 to see 5.56 going through a quarter inch of steel.

>>30283000
Partly. The issue is hitting things that are behind your target. Walls are whatever, but you can, if unlucky enough, go through the wall into the room behind it with enough velocity to be dangerous.
>>
>>30283077
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJFhIiomoKw
oops
>>
>>30283023
Something like 80% of shots of small calibre hand gun impacts (ie 9mm etc) fail to go deep enough to destroy vital organs
>>
>>30282937
And a pair of arcjoint pliers.

Fucking hell I just build my first AR last night and the bolt catch pin would NOT go in with a hammer and punch after about 45 minutes of trying. I taped up my receiver first and still got a tiny little scratch on it. Then I read about just clamping the fucker in there with pliers and did it in 5 seconds.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.