[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MAGIC KINGDOM AND TERRORISM: RAMPANT SPECULATION EDITION
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 16
File: wishaniggawould.png (1 MB, 1000x664) Image search: [Google]
wishaniggawould.png
1 MB, 1000x664
Alright, /k/. It's been confirmed that the Orlando shooter, Omar "Suq Madik" Mateen considered a Disney shopping location called Disney Springs for his suicide operation.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/14/us/orlando-shooter-omar-mateen/index.html

>Omar Mir Seddique Mateen's visits to the Pulse gay nightclub and Disney Springs happened between June 1 and June 6, a law enforcement official said Tuesday

We have now gone 15yrs since 9/11
Terrorists have not carried out a single attack on a Disney property.
Why?

>Tons of people
>The epitome of American culture
>Happy atmosphere
>plenty of locations to hold up in/take hostages
>gun (CCW) free zone

What are these terrorists finding when they case these locations?
What is dissuading them?

When I was younger I remember people making shit up like snipers in the castle and shit like that.
Do these places have serious, well hidden counter terrorism preparations?
I know these places likely have advances surveillance systems with
>facial recognition
>suspicious bag detection,
but these won't stop heavily armed active shooters.

How would you secure/respond to these locations?
>>
>>30274744

Unabashed WDW Anual Pass holder here, I go to the parks once a week often (sometimes more). Haters gonna hate. Anyways, this would have been very effective and very sad, plus Disney Springs is a public area: no ticket needed. Lots and lots of children, people enjoying themselves, etc. (obviously).

As far as your question:

Visible security is mostly at the gate but there is of course more to it then that. Disney takes huge pride in 'maintaining the experience' so you aren't going to see anything unless something is awry, outside of the friendly security-people.

Also:

http://qz.com/525169/disney-is-hiring-an-intelligence-and-counter-terrorism-intern/
>>
>>30274744
I recall right after 9/11 Spanish intel raided an Al Qaeda cell and netted a videotape that showed both the support struts for the Golden gate bridge and the turnstiles at Disneyland.

I've been waiting every since.
>>
>>30274777
thanks for the link, m8. I'm definitely not surprised. I just never saw the security at the gate as much of a deterrent.
>>
>terrorists all check out disneyland
>casing out the area for an attack on pig westerners
>while checking it out, they experience something
>just a tiny bit of joy in their hearts
>everyone of them decide, subconsciously, to target some other location
>>
File: 50938803.jpg (564 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
50938803.jpg
564 KB, 1024x683
>>30274744
>How would you secure/respond to these locations?

Establish an outer perimeter with sandbags, razor wire, hedgehog style traps, and emplaced MGs to prevent hostile forces from gaining entry to the park. Then build a large concrete wall/towers with small checkpoints for entry, with guards carrying rifles able to disable small vehicles if necessary. Then install a garrison inside EPCOT that can be dispatched as needed. Space should be cleared for permanent helicopter landing sites and 2 should be kept on site at all times. Motorized infantry units would be crucial at this point, so a vehicle depot should be constructed as well. Magic Kingdom secured.
>>
>>30274860

To be honest it's really not that far-fetched of an idea.
>>
File: Disneyland_map_2011.jpg (489 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
Disneyland_map_2011.jpg
489 KB, 1280x1024
>>30274872
I was thinking something a little bit lower profile, /k/ommander

10/10 for EPCOT QRF

Another possible setback in counter-terror is that any internet surveillance targeting those gathering intel on the parks would be saturated by innocent visitors researching a vacation.
>>
>>30274744
Disney has some of the best private counter terror teams in the market today. Almost all of them are guys from the teams who get fished. Security wise as far as I know (did counter terrorism training with Disney security in 2006) they break down as, Uniformed park security, which is the security you see. Plain clothes security, which wonder the park as "guest" and follow suspicious persons, they work in tandem with the security control center. And the counter terror team.
>>
>>30274860
I considered this.

Also I think it's possible that terrorists are not looking to target children specifically. Perhaps the greater threat is nutjobs than jihadists
>>
>>30274860

I laughed a lot over this.
>>
>>30274744
disney parks have an entire underground world, where security takes people who are detained, until police arrive to arrest and take them away. disney basically has a vietcong infrastructure under their theme parks, with video surveillance and secret entrances all over the parks
>>
>>30274744
Speaking strictly of the Florida location:

Gun friendly state, so hidden, armed security not far-fetched idea.

Disney is worth $74Billion, it would not be entirely inconceivable that they have an emergency response team at the parks 24/7.

Disney promises lots of targets, but there are tons of buildings, and various means of escape. Once the shots started firing, realistically, people will be well hidden/protected quickly.

Combined with their advanced surveillance systems, I think that once a suspected terrorist was in the park, PD would be notified. I'm sure that the Orlando PD gets called to Disney several times a day for no-go calls on suspected terrorists.

Or, it could be what
>>30274860
said. It's really not that unbelievable. Disney is fucking fun.
>>
>>30274934
Yup, Disneyland is like a fascist utopia in a sense. Any dissenters are quickly swept away backstage by the unseen secret police of Disney.
>>
File: disneyjasmine.jpg (190 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
disneyjasmine.jpg
190 KB, 1000x563
>>30274860
they all fall in love with jasmine
>>
>>30274925
>New Orleans Square
>Disney

Whats the point
>>
>>30274957
I've heard this, but I always figured it was part of the pre-teen, call of duty disney security mythology
>>
>>30274744
My Uncle is an Engineer at Disney. They have their own Armed quick Reaction Force and there are tunnels running under the entirety of the parks.
>>
>>30274957
>>30274934

Disney sounds pretty badass. I wish there was book on the inner workings of it all.
>>
>>30275008
no, theyve done documentaries on it on history channel and such, they dont show you the specific sensitive things but you get the gist of what they have. they move quickly too. bloggers have shown this when testing it by acting drunk or sketchy, within minutes they get approached by plaincloathes strongmen who interrogate them and either take them away or ask them to leave
>>
>>30275008
No, legitimately, the parks have intricate underground tunnels so that the characters can get from one location to another quickly. There's a whole documentary on it iirc. Tunnels, dressing rooms, all of that.
>>
>>30274974
I Heard they do snatch operations on Pirates of the Caribbean. That's what I heard
>>
>>30274744
Because I'm willing to bet Disney has some serious operators and all of the terrorists that have tried end up being ground up and used to fertilize the park.

I mean, they're a huge business and an easy target on the surface.
>>
>>30274974
communist utopia*
>>
>>30275008
if you are good, you can spot cameras hidden in plants, in character fixtures, etc. they have surveillance that rivals area 51
>>
>>30275045
That sounds baller as fuck
>>
>>30275027
dont you mean imagineer?
>>
File: water-boarding-570x337.jpg (44 KB, 570x337) Image search: [Google]
water-boarding-570x337.jpg
44 KB, 570x337
>>30275048
>meanwhile somewhere underneath space mountain
>>
>>30274860
Kinda like the spy the Soviet union spent years training to infiltrate Canada.
He arrived, and immediately realized that his country was stupid, and used all the work they did putting him there to become a citizen and just defected without anyone really knowing.
>>
>>30274974
I almost got thrown in Disney jail.

I didn't want to use the finger thumb scan things to get in the park (my entire family did it) but I went captain tin foil about secret data bases etc. Every park was OK but Animal Kingdom had me go to an office to fill out additional forms (something about the animals I dunno).

So I drank a bit the night before and got belligerent with guy taking my info. When he asked my email I said there's no reason for them to know. He insisted, so I said "OK my email is [email protected]". That got him really pissy. Then when I went to go in park they tried to redirect me back to that guy. I was yelling at the guy and the first annoying guy just waved I could go in (must not of wanted to deal with me a second time).
>>
>>30275075
>it's a small world playing on repeat
>>
>>30275073
No Imagineers are like R&D guys he was a regular Engineer.
>>
>>30275085
well, I wouldn't say the islamic extremists would defect, but unless you have completely killed off all human emotions, you're going to have at least that fleeting moment of being a kid again at disneyland. Maybe that small moment beat out, say, a gay club with blaring music and people sucking dick?
>>
>>30274991

More likely the goats at the zoo.
>>
File: 1465749330593.jpg (51 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1465749330593.jpg
51 KB, 480x480
>>30274744
>ywn operate with popular Disney characters
>ywn grin at goofy's shenanigans while breaching a door
>ywn have woody as your pointman
>ywn be Bros with mickey mouse, your team leader
>you will never secretly get murry-purry with simba behind the rest of the squads back

Feels bad
>>
>>30275063
Yeah i figured.

I know a guy who is the manager at a professional baseball stadium. He can see pretty much any inch of the property on his ipad at the touch of the screen

>disney pupper
>>
>>30275182
yes its crazy, there is literally no inch on disney soil that isnt visible to surveillance, except bathrooms, we hope
>>
File: wdwunsec.jpg (50 KB, 299x400) Image search: [Google]
wdwunsec.jpg
50 KB, 299x400
>>30275182
>>
File: disneypuppersride.jpg (170 KB, 640x367) Image search: [Google]
disneypuppersride.jpg
170 KB, 640x367
>>30275204
>>
>>30275213
lol, they really like the low profile look
>>
>>30275221
french soldiers at Disney Paris
>>
>>30275237
shit, that must have been after the paris attacks
>>
apparently they often employ a company called Contemporary Services Corporation.

http://www.csc-usa.com/branch-folder/orlando/events/

No listing for Disney Springs though.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (245 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
245 KB, 1920x1080
>>30275110
>this guy standing in the corner
>>
>>30275311
I imagine all their operators have mouse ears on their helmets.
>>
File: 1455516133095.jpg (5 KB, 251x240) Image search: [Google]
1455516133095.jpg
5 KB, 251x240
>>30275311
i lost
>>
>>30275348
little satellite receivers that help pinpoint their gps locations realtime even under 20 meteres of concrete, to command and control center
>>
>>30274969
>Orlando PD gets called to Disney several times a day for no-go calls on suspected terrorists

What's a no-go call?

And several times a day? Really?
>>
>>30275199
The cameras in the bathrooms, we are told, are all above-the-waist.
>>
File: Dr-Aafia-Siddiqui1.jpg (24 KB, 634x380) Image search: [Google]
Dr-Aafia-Siddiqui1.jpg
24 KB, 634x380
>>30275492
what if ahmed has an underwear bomb?
>>
>>30275008
You can actually tour the tunnels. You must be 16 and older because of the chance of seeing Mickey with his head off.
>>
>>30275515
We're doomed.
>>
I am a lot happier he shot up the fag bar then Disney land with a bunch of kids.
>>
File: ne4e1hMPac1rql53mo1_500.jpg (146 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
ne4e1hMPac1rql53mo1_500.jpg
146 KB, 480x640
>>30275587
plenty of fags at disneyland, bro

I'm not sure Al Qaeda would target something like Disney anymore. I think they are too concerned with their image to intentionally target children. But a mass shooter-type individual who gets drawn into ISIS ideology might.
>>
>>30275085
That's hilarious.
As a canuck, I can totally see this. It would even be before our retarded gun laws too.
The guy probably got here, saw this happy, free, mirror image of his home, with hockey and booze, but also freedom and hunting and good times, and was just like.
"Of fuck this. I am defect of stupid soviet shithole." And went for a Tims.
>>
>>30275099

Good for you buddy don't let these petty fascists fuck you over
>>
>>30274744
Well shit, I was there week before last
>>
This wasn't an Adam Lanza type thing, he was a grown man doing it for an idealogical cause, he needed victims that he could justify as deserving of death, homos fit that quite well for a Muslim extremist.

It's not about just maximum deaths, it's about sending a specific message, otherwise you'd just walk into an office building, with a team of 3, set up a load of explosives in the ground floor with one guy to kill any escaping, and then work your way up floor by floor, 1 guy covering each stairwell, push the survivors up to the roof where there's no escape.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.