[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New to ARs and guns, got a really good deal on a DDM4v1 and bought
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: 02-050-2000l_1.jpg (21 KB, 653x205) Image search: [Google]
02-050-2000l_1.jpg
21 KB, 653x205
New to ARs and guns, got a really good deal on a DDM4v1 and bought it a few days ago but haven't had time to post. What else does do I need? I'm looking to just take it to the range and maybe get into 3 gun eventually. Anything a new owner needs to know about this rifle or in general? I read up on Daniel Defense and it seems to be a good company. Help please /k/
>>
>>30265469
Field strip it completely, clean off all the storage preservative, punch and clean the bore for the same reason, lube up anything that slides, pivots, or rotates then throw it back together.

Many moons ago DD sized their gas ports for 5.56 pressures where especially new before the gas rings lapped in and the carrier rails smoothed out, they would have trouble with low power .223. They changed that for many of the models so people wanting to wash low power steelcase through it wouldn't have as many issues, but until the wear surfaces get married you may still want to stick to higher pressure stuff.
>>
>>30265469
Is this a bait thread?

My first (so far only) ar was a dd, but I spent hours researching it and thinking about my needs. I knew how many spare mags I needed, I knew the sights I wanted on it, and I knew the drills I'd do at the range. I knew how to take it apart and clean it. I knew just about everything there was to know about the ar platform

You don't deserve such a fine firearm if you're asking these questions.

That being said, if you have a rear sight on it, and one spare mag, spend your money on 500 rounds and practice (don't just shoot). Come back after you've shot all those rounds and know your beautiful new gun inside and out
>>
>>30265469
mags and ammo. a sling also if youd like. thats it.
>>
>>30265630
Thank you for the tips. I'll keep that in mind. I wasn't planning on shooting the cheap shit through it anyway.

>>30265647
Sorry its not. If it helps I also got my step dad one for Fathers Day. Despite your curt reply I thank you for the little feed back you did provide.
>>30265658
I liked pic related. My cousin is giving me 20 or so of his old mags he had when he was in the Marines.
>>
>>30265469
Same as any mil spec AR15. It'll run just fine. Buy 10 Magpul M3 mags since you don't know how to brand sort aluminum ones yet.

Next should be 1k rounds of .223. Steel case is fine. Followed by a weapon light and then a sling. After you shoot your 1st 1k rounds, buy another 1k and decide on what optic you want. You'll know what to get by then.
>>
>>30265630
I wouldn't worry about that. If anything I think a lot of DD's recent production guns have ports on the large side.
>>
>>30265753
>Buy 10 Magpul M3 mags since you don't know how to brand sort aluminum ones yet.
Can I just use some old hand me down steel mags? I'd rather use the mag money for more ammo desu. For weapons lights, I'm thinking a Surefire or Streamlight
>>
>>30265469
no take it to the range and shoot it as-is you cannot hurt this gun
>>
>>30265469
get some mags and ammo then go shoot it. trigger, optic, and sling should be your next upgrades
>>
>>30265469
you need a carrying case or a range bag for all yoru doodads.

may need
>stapler
>targets
>various ear pros (softies, extras etc)
>marker or pens
>chamber flags if you shoot in some range that has it as rules
>extra cleaning gear crap (bore snake, small bottle of clp/oil/cleaner shit, rods)
>small tools you might need
>front sight post tool (dont need this but i like em)
>hand sanitizer

depends on your range, shooting area so youll eventually learn what you need when you drive 30 minutes and realize you forgot soemthing
>>
>>30265647
>You don't deserve such a fine firearm if you're asking these questions.

Go fuck yourself. And DD's furniture is shit.
>>
>>30265912
Most mil mags are shit from years of abuse and it's pretty much impossible to know which ones will work even if you inspect the lips for damage.

By starting with fresh Magpul mags you eliminate the magazine from the reliability equation altogether.

They could work, they could not. If they're free I wouldn't turn them down. Just know that with those mags you'll never know if the gun itself is choking or the mags should problems arise.
>>
>>30266159
>optic
Anything good for a beginner? I thought the Trijicon RMR looked interesting because I could use it on my Glocks as well
>>30266174
Solid list of shit. Thanks, anon.
>>30266288
I'll ask him if he'll do away with some of his less beat to fuck mags.
>Magpul
I keep seeing people mention those on forums, any specific reason why everyone uses that brand or they just work and thats why?
>>
File: IMG_20151101_141233752.jpg (2 MB, 3962x1483) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151101_141233752.jpg
2 MB, 3962x1483
>>30265469
Well done OP.
Here is mine
>>
>>30267561
Primary arms advanced micro dot would be ok for a beginner.

Like anons above said, get magpul mags before GI metal mags.
>>
>>30267626
Very nice, anon. Well done. How are you liking it? any issues? anything you'd done differently?
>>30267665
I'll check that out. I think I'm just going to get some Magpuls and use my cousins free hand me downs for range fun ect. I'm sure a few out of the twenty or so will be ok.
>>
>>30267701
Good. Generally speaking magpul has the best quality mags out there
>>
>>30267701
I swap out funiture and optics based on mood.

No issues, dont expect ill have any. Wish I could get that DD Aframe FSB for other rifles.

~2k rounds through mine, not a bad start. Good shooter.
>>
>>30267701
you have the right mindset about the magazines- theyre free. use them and see how they work. personally, i like a well used gi mag.
also, you should number the magazines with a sharpie or something. this way if you run across a lousy mag, its easier to identify
>>
>>30267731
And from what I'm seeing a lot of different options. The windowed look aesthetic and practical
>>30267738
>No issues, dont expect ill have any.
Nice, what I was wanting to hear. From the reviews I've read and seen it seems like it's a reliable AR out of the box
>>30267765
No doubt, anon. I've been numbering my G26/19 mags for that reason.
>>
>>30267949
Windowed ones are cool
>>
File: hexmag_m4a1.png (856 KB, 700x1400) Image search: [Google]
hexmag_m4a1.png
856 KB, 700x1400
>>30267701
>>30267731
>>30267949
>>30268076
> this

I have both pmags and emags and have no complaints about them. I especially like the sand pmags for the dye ability. However, I also like my hexmags. I identify my hexmags using pic related and the colored plates and followers.
>>
>>30268159
>dye ability
Is that coloring them? excuse my newfag ness

Goddam, anon. You're putting in work. I was just going to use a sharpie. So how do you get the image? printer? that looks cool but a bit much for me.
>>
File: dyed blue pmag.jpg (3 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
dyed blue pmag.jpg
3 MB, 4160x2340
>>30268201
> pic not mine
but they do come out that blue

The hexmag images are laser printed on adhesive vinyl, cut, and stuck in the recessed hexagons. It took me about 30 minutes to measure and create a template, and about 4 or 5 prints to get the size right. Then I just shoot off as many copies as I want. I actually spent more time trying to pick out images to go on the mags then a I did actually making them.
>>
>>30268535
Thats actually a nice blue. Turned out better than i'd imagined desu. That 'marbled' black one is cool, Magpul could prob start a colored mag line and it'd do well.
>>
>>30268602
With the exception of pmags, a lot of the sand stuff is vaporware at the moment. I can't even get a stock to dye. Magpul also won't comment on availability even though it's been over a year since the stuff was announced.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.