[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been on the lookout for a gun that I can get away either
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Springfield-XDS-003.jpg (42 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
Springfield-XDS-003.jpg
42 KB, 600x400
I've been on the lookout for a gun that I can get away either pocket carrying or IWB carrying, so I hit up a rental range today and found I really liked the XD-S in 9mm, but now I'm being told I'm an idiot for not pocket carrying a Glock 19 or a VP9 on top of being told that XDs suck. Do people actually pocket carry double-stack guns?
>>
>>30210549
Some people do but it's painfully obvious for anyone to know what it is if they're slightly familiar with the shape of a gun and happen to be looking in that area for some reason.
If the people around you aren't looking for a gun they tend to go un noticed even though you think it might stick out. I went a full month with my girlfriend not knowing I had a p938 in my pocket when we first started dating. She knew i had shit in my pockets and that I didn't like her putting her hands in my pockets, but she didn't know it was a gun until she asked about cc weapons of choice and I pulled the p938 out.
>>
>>30210643
Also having my vp9 in my pocket feels incredibly uncomfortable and the grip tends to stick out because I don't wear crazy oversized clothing. I think even a Glock 26 is to big for comfortable all day every day pocket carry even though I would prefer the higher capacity compared to the 7 rounds in my sub compact
>>
>>30210683
That's what I thought, the whole idea of being told that a single-stack isn't enough for pocket carry seemed ludicrous.

Any opinions on Springfield's XDs?
>>
>>30210792

>Acquire S&W Shield
>not Croatian emoticon meme gun
>no garbage grip safety needed to rack the slide
>mags can be upgraded with a spring kit to 8+1 and 9+1 with extended base plate

>Acquire Glock 43
>not Croatian emoticon meme gun
>mags can be upgraded with a spring kit to 8+1 and 9+1 with extended base plates

Virtually no reason to buy an XD-S.
>>
>>30210806
I love this argument. Support the Smith and Wesson with their shady ass dealings and copy cat habits, or glock which likes to stay behind the curve until it threatens their market share because you once hear a person say "croatshit" without knowing why, before shitting on design detail that hurts literally nothing on a gun going into a pocket. Nevermind that it comes with a 8round mag and better sights already. But whatever, keep being the typical xd bashed because you missed out in buying a $200 hs2000
>>
I got a XDS 9 specifically for its grip. It is a great little basted for cold/wet days. It is best used with gloves.
>>
>>30213237

So, you're saying your favorite feature of the XDs is the GRIP ZONE?
>>
>>30210806
>>no garbage grip safety needed to rack the slide
The XD-S doesn't need the grip safety pressed to rack the slide. That's only the XD, maybe the XDM.

t. XD-S 9mm owner
>>
>>30213257
TM
>>
>>30210683
>I think even a Glock 26 is to big for comfortable all day every day pocket carry
How do you even fit that into your pocket in the first place

I can barely get a single stack 9 to fit in my jeans and no I don't wear skinnies
>>
>>30210549
>2016
>Not carrying a bodyguard in your boxers
>>
>>30210806

How misshapen of a hand do you need to have for this to be a legitimate issue of concern? I've never once had the grip safety prevent me from racking my slide.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.