[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
compound bows vs regular bows
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: image:52737.jpg (126 KB, 1200x1500) Image search: [Google]
image:52737.jpg
126 KB, 1200x1500
Which one is best for use in camping/hunting/SHTF scenario in terms of reliability and durability

>inb4 get a gun

I'm explicitly talking about situations where your either in Europe where guns are banned or your in a shitty state or simply out of ammo for your gun.

Also there was a thread a while ago someone posted with a ketchup made logo of /k/, does anyone have it?
>>
>>30196729
The regular one because it's easier to repair in case rope breaks and also it looks good with elf fantasy roleplays

Also the logo your talking about isn't made from ketchup........it's antman's blood

>pic related
>>
>>30196729
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEG-ly9tQGk

Stop what you're doing and watch this video, before you make any of the wrong decisions or buy into the hype that is modern archery. Lars Andersen has studied the actual historical texts that warrior archers learned from, and compiled a style created from accurate, practicality driven teachings. Modern archers will want to load you up with all kinds of compounds bows, sights, quivers, carbon fiber arrows, etc. These are all generic consumer products that will not actually help you grow as an archer, rather hinder you by building bad habits and reliance on them.

Seriously, don't fall into the modern myths of archery, the study is changing and Lars is leading the way, following him is following thousands of years of far more effective archers than we can hope to become today.
>>
File: image:53082.jpg (55 KB, 592x578) Image search: [Google]
image:53082.jpg
55 KB, 592x578
>>30196753
Damnit forgot pic!
>>
>>30196764
Nigga what the fuck
>>
Recurve will be very unforgiving if you don't practice and have good form. Holding at full draw makes no difference in pull weight and sometimes even stacks.
-Easy to take down and maintain or swap out parts if you have a takedown recurve.

Compound is more forgiving on form. It has let-off where it takes off 70-80% of the draw weight at full draw. You can adjust it for draw weight (Usually these things are 40-70lbs).
-A bitch to take down, you WILL need specialized tools because the whole cam, string, and limb system is under stress at all times and if you fuck around with it, you will damage it and maybe even hurt yourself.

In other words, for hunting/camping, grab a compound.
For SHTF, grab a gun.
>>
>>30196754
I sure hope kids don't eat this pasta.
>>
Don't trust the Lars video. He's a trick shooter and you won't be out there hunting with a 10 lb bow running around jumping. Plus the stuff he studied could be wrong as there are paintings depicting both left and right sided shooting. If anything he is practicing a style used in Mongolia that shoots using the thumb.

Also if you have the money get a compound, your sights don't need to be too fancy and it is the preferred bow for bow hunting. Talk to a local archery shop for more in depth info. We know our shit.

Also I am an instructor if that means anything to you.
>>
>>30196783
It's a sad pasta too. The one anon who keeps posting this in archery threads has to see long droughts of said threads even popping up.
>>
>>30196791
I want a Matthews so bad, their compounds risers look so pretty. But they charge premium dollars.
>>
>>30196764
Story please?
>>
>>30196814
/k/ learns to fingerpaint.
>>
>>30196754
This shit
>>
File: image:53080.jpg (74 KB, 720x762) Image search: [Google]
image:53080.jpg
74 KB, 720x762
>>30196764
>Not posting the full artwork from antman himself

Step it up senpai
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.