[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone on /k/ have this gun? I'm getting a lot of biased/unbalanced
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: FNS-9-courtesy-ar15.com_.jpg (114 KB, 1000x663) Image search: [Google]
FNS-9-courtesy-ar15.com_.jpg
114 KB, 1000x663
Anyone on /k/ have this gun?

I'm getting a lot of biased/unbalanced reviews.

Some say it's the ultimate Glock killer, while some say it's flimsy with jams, etc.

I'm being offered ~$460 for a brand new FNS 9.

I figured at that price, it's better than other striker-fired 9mm handgun, i.e M&P 9, XDM, etc. A G4 Glock 17, i'd have to pay over ~$510.
>>
It literally is a glock killer. When people make all sorts of modifications to their glocks they're trying to turn it into an FNS-9.

So far I've had no issues with reliability. There are tradeoffs though.

Pros of FNS
>Fully ambidextrous
>Metal sights
>Metal mags (polymer suck if they get dirt on them or expand)
>Front slide serrations
>Full picatinny rail

Glock pros
>I like the ball in cup sights better
>Grip is less aggressive, which is also my preference
>33 round mags because fuck yeah
>Better aftermarket, but you won't need it for the FNS. Holster options are starting to increase, they even make an ALS for it now.
>>
>>30189953
Had an fns and have an fnx now. I carry my glock less. Have a kid now. Wanted a true safety when carrying. It's a great gun.
>>
Bought an FNS9 as my first handgun after some research and holding one for a while - feels perfectly natural in my hand.

I put a few hundred rounds through it a week, haven't had a single jam or other reliability issue. It's my carry gun and I love it to hell and back, would recommend.

Also, for the record, Glocks are kind of tacky.
>>
>>30190296
Hey there, I noticed you made a mistake with our post. Apparently, you've never checked out a "polymer mag" before. They are actually metal, with polymer on the outside.

Also you missed the biggest difference between the two. The FNS9 has less capacity at the same size. You focus on shit like the sights... And a rail which the Glock also features...
>>
>>30190409
The FNS holds 17. That's also a con imo, that they don't have one that's glock 19 size. I compared the two side by side though and the FNS with its mag out is the same length as a glock 19 with irs mag in. I've been meaning to make a flat metal floorplate so the mag is flush. That huge lipped floorplate is a plus though, it helps you get a better grip in an emergency draw.

I know the deal with plastic mags, they still suck. Plastic on plastic doesn't like to cooperate when dirt and grit are in the mix. Steel mags are widely regarded as superior...
>>
>>30190432
The FNS9 compact is just a little smaller than the 19 in grip length. its between a 26 and a 19 but holds 13 rounds.

How the fuck are you going to claim glocks are unreliable because they have polymer mags? I mean on what evidence are you making that claim? oh yeah, fucking none. You have absolutely no evidence.
>>
>>30190409
I'd like to respond to your point about the comparative capacities.

While the FNS does have fewer rounds at the ready, the quantity it does have should be more than sufficient for any scenario but full-on combat. Additionally, the ergonomics of the gun, which I personally find superior in every way to a Glock, will spur you to practice more often and shoot more accurately - both of which are far and away more important than capacity.
>>
File: they're_laughing_at_you.jpg (722 KB, 1200x902) Image search: [Google]
they're_laughing_at_you.jpg
722 KB, 1200x902
>>30189953
>FN pistols

S Q U I S H Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdTsFB1ejo8

S Q U I S H Y
>>
>>30190409
They have the same capacity and the FNS is smaller than the Glock 17.
I own both an fns9 and Glock 17, the FNS is a nicer pistol, but the finish isn't as tough as the Glock. I have had girls shoot my Glock and have limp wrist induced failures, never with the FNS though, and I personally have never had a failure with either, but I don't limp wrist.
Really what it comes down to is personal preference, I couldn't choose one over the other, so I have both.
I will say though that I spent more on the Glock than the FNS, Glock I got new sights (125), a trigger connector and spring kit (35), a grip plug (5), and a talon rubberized grip (10), the FNS only needed the talon grip.
>>
>>30190463
>the capacity is sufficient for combat
Nice opinion bro,

>ergonomics i find personally superior
ergonomics does not mean "feels comfortable in my hand" you dumb little fuck. come back when you have a degree in kinesiology

>owning an FN will make you practice more than owning a glock
dumbest thing ever posted on /k/
>>
>>30190536
I didn't try to present my opinions as anything but.

Also, if you actually read what I typed, you'd find that I said it was sufficient for anything up to, but not quite, combat.

Everything in my post I have personally found to be true, so yes, it's entirely anecdotal, but the OP wasn't exactly asking for an in depth technical essay on the pros and cons - I would go so far as to say that personal experiences were exactly what was desired.

Next time, check your vitriol at the door m8
>>
>>30190570
you're a terrible faggot, and you're wrong
>>
>>30190613
nice rebuttal, you sure showed him
>>
>>30190658
I shrug it off, you're too fucking stupid to talk any sense into.
>>
>>30190658
He's just fishing for responses, at this point.
>>
>>30190768
fishin for dat boi
>>
Bought one recently off a guy on AKfiles for 300 almost brand new. LEO model with no safety. I fucking love it. Dimensions are similar to Glock, but feels better in my hand than a glock. Muzzle comes up a bit more on the FN though. I also like the stock sights. Would buy another one.
>>
>>30189953
can't go wrong with FN

>or any other quality modern combat/duty handgun
>>
File: 1463434391177.png (132 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
1463434391177.png
132 KB, 396x385
Ok I just got offered $410 for the FNS-9.

Also comes WITHOUT the manual safety.

I think I'm gonna go ahead and pull the trigger.

This will be my very first gun ever.
>>
File: 1463889989366.jpg (68 KB, 750x726) Image search: [Google]
1463889989366.jpg
68 KB, 750x726
>>30190487
le ebib meame
>>
File: Snapchat-198073711935606528.jpg (837 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-198073711935606528.jpg
837 KB, 1440x2560
>>30190536
>Capacity being sufficient
>Opinion
You realize that you can look up statistics for successful self defence situations and cone to realize that the average is 6 shots fired.
No you can look it up, I'm not your fucking mother.
On the other hand with pic related being the norm for Glockfags around the world, I'm not surprised you believe you need so much ammo.
>>
>>30191696
You won't be dissaponted.
>>
>>30189953
Fuck the FNS, get the FNX for maximum sex
>>
Well shit, I wanted to share the link so others can get this deal but looks like either I got the last one or they changed something.

FNS-9 for $379.99 + 30 shipping.

Got it for $410 total.
>>
File: IBAuPpw.jpg (2 MB, 3120x4160) Image search: [Google]
IBAuPpw.jpg
2 MB, 3120x4160
>>30189953
I've had an FNS and Glocks.

The FNS has better ergonomics, stock trigger, and stock sights.

The Glock (gen 4) has a better mag release design (I don't like how FN did the ambi release) and a much larger aftermarket.

Mostly it's just a matter of preference. Both are fantastic guns, but if you just want a stock gun I say go for the FNS. I've never had a malfunction in mine and I carried it for a long time. I absolutely trust my life to the thing.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.