[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Arresting using non lethal force
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: FB_IMG_1464636221139.jpg (42 KB, 552x450) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1464636221139.jpg
42 KB, 552x450
http://m.liveleak.com/view?i=49b_1464460444

saw this /k/ and want to know how you would have handled it.

Personally wouldn't a tazer/bean bag round been more effective to a dangerous individual
>>
>>30122956

>that guy hitting him with a bicycle

those guys looked like a bunch of amateurs. not their fault, I'm sure it's just a lack quality training programs.

>wouldn't a tazer/bean bag round been more effective

Bean bag wouldn't be great because it works more on pain response and is really not very effective against people on drugs; at close range they're lethal.

Tazers are awesome though, because it doesn't matter if you're on drugs, once your nervous system gets the juice, you're going for a ride, but I really doubt their department has the funding for tazers.

>how you would have handled it

I'm a civilian these days, so if I saw a drugged out dude with a knife I'd keep my distance, call the cops, and draw my pistol. if he came at me or anyone else before the cops arrived, I guess I'd be forced to shoot him.
>>
>>30123060
>Tazers are awesome though, because it doesn't matter if you're on drugs

Yeah right
>>
>>30123152

correct me if i'm wrong. i'm not a tazer expert from what I know about how they work, I can't see how being on drugs will make your nervous system less susceptible to seizure from electrical shock...
>>
>>30122956
DOES AMERICA NEED TO TEACH YOU STUPID FILTHY ARABS IN EUROPE HOW TO DO THINGS RIGHT AGAIN?
Pathetic fuckwits
>>
File: Your Bikefu is weak.webm (3 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Your Bikefu is weak.webm
3 MB, 320x240
>>30122956
If my bikefu wasn't up to the job, could mop his face for a while and if that doesn't work- beat the cunt with a stick like the fucker owed me money
>>
>>30123170
Tasers are unreliable as fuck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2xbLV_NSbk
>>
>>30123275
Only one prong went into him, which is why it failed.
>>
>>30123288
Nice observation.

that's the point. if a T shirt proves to be a barrier, it's not reliable.
>>
What a waste of time. If the scumbag doesn't drop the knife after several warnings, just fucking shoot him dead. That shitty wrestle was dangerous as fuck for the cops. One little slash or bite from the junkie, and they'll discover the world of AIDS.
>>
>>30122956
They literally resorted to a mop on the head. They mopped his face.
Ya'll are in need of either reform, or takeover from an adversary force. Ya'll are weak, son.
>>
>>30123288
>it just failed to work guys it's not a big deal
>>
>>30123275
>>30123288
>>30123308
>>30123402

I would still say that as far as non-lethal options go, tazers rock. sure, they're not 100% reliable, but I would guess they're better than bean bag. again, not an expert here.

direct damage to the central nervous system or rapid loss of blood pressure are the fastest, most reliable way to stop someone. we all know this. that's why bullets work.

non-lethal is hard to do effectively. thanks for the insight on tazers though, I will look more into their failure rates before recommending one to someone.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.